Castore Store at Stadium

Empire

@Empire1872 - Twitter
Staff member
Has anyone noticed if the work is underway yet? Can see there is now things blocking the door so you can’t see in but there’s not been much activity when I’ve passed by.

I thought now the kind of companies who would do renovations are back working it would had started this week. A lot of work to do in a short space of time.

I suspect that if Sports Direct still has any time left on the lease they will make sure we don't get in till the last possible minute

I was thinking this but someone was saying on here last month they knew all their stock was now moved out and the store was back in our hands to start the work.

I don’t know if I’ve picked up information wrong from interviews but I was under the impression the store was opening around August 1st or was it just said to be August with no specific date confirmed? Even if it was 31st August, I’d like to think the work would be starting soon.

I was thinking this but someone was saying on here last month they knew all their stock was now moved out and the store was back in our hands to start the work.

I don’t know if I’ve picked up information wrong from interviews but I was under the impression the store was opening around August 1st or was it just said to be August with no specific date confirmed? Even if it was 31st August, I’d like to think the work would be starting soon.
There was never a specific date on it.

For some weird reason Rangers said 1st August in that statement last week about SD. We all know it won’t be ready by then.

There was never a specific date on it.

For some weird reason Rangers said 1st August in that statement last week about SD. We all know it won’t be ready by then.

Maybe that’s where I’ve got that date from.

It's supposed to be open on 1st August for the away strip launch so I would expect it would be well underway. I know shopfitters often go into a unit and blitz it in a few days but with the extra Covid conditions of working on sites these days (social distancing, etc) I would think everything will take a bit longer than it normally would.

I was up the other day and had a gander in the front door. It's blocked off but not completely so you can see in the store. Nothing has been done yet other than the shop floor has been emptied

Yeah, the actual design plans will have been the most time consuming to figure out exactly how they want the layout to look.

They'll have the work done in a couple of weeks, tops.

Its not a huge shop, so I wouldn't imagine it being difficult to gut and refit it within a 2 week period. Its only 8th of July, so there is loads of time until 1st August.

there’s been talk of a slight internal elevation being installed in the new store.

Can’t see it being open in 12 days!

Looks like the only place you’ll be able to physically buy a kit on August 1st is Sports Direct.

Cluster %^*&.

I thought maybe the work being done on Edmiston Drive might delay it but there is still access to the stadium/store so it can’t be for that reason.

It’s like a ghost town at the store. Not a van in sight and still looks the same as it has for the last few years with the same posters etc in the windows.

There was a planning application to Glasgow City Council for internal changes posted on here last week I am sure

Are they not talking about mid August completion now? I’d say that’s pretty unrealistic but hope I’m proved wrong

It was always forecast for mid-August and then, in what seemed a knee-jerk reaction to HoF taking pre-orders, they brought it forward to 1 August. I don’t think there’s a hope in Hell of that so, hopefully, folk are smart enough to order online or wait. If they don’t then they obviously haven’t been following what’s gone on with our retail over the last few years. Albeit this time around we make money regardless of who’s selling.

Sure you will be able to buy in JD Sports or Greaves if Castore have a deal with them?

Possibly! Although I thought I read that when sports direct spoke about being able to buy the kit ‘exclusively’ from them it was because they’ll have it before other high street retailers.

I may be wrong tho.

Last edited:
Back