Castore, what Percentage Goes to Rangers

Twosignals

Has anything ever been leaked out about what percentage of monies per strip goes to Rangers as I do appreciate that COVID last year would take a toll on revenue. However between Castore, public shares, and other areas, surely we’re not that badly off. The only negative is we have to large a playing squad, with no sales= wage bill.

Has anything ever been leaked out about what percentage of monies per strip goes to Rangers as I do appreciate that COVID last year would take a toll on revenue. However between Castore, public shares, and other areas, surely we’re not that badly off. The only negative is we have to large a playing squad, with no sales= wage bill.
Not sure on amount but I'm sure when the deal first started it was well in our favour.

Dunno about that. Remember, the start point would be last years Annual Report - which forecast a shortfall of circa £14m this season. And that report would have been prepared taking into account revenue from Castore for example. Then there's the issue of the repayment of King's loan, which was due this month. I suspect the share issue funding will have gone in its entirety towards that.

I fear the Annual Report when it comes out next month will not be pretty reading.

As others said, the percentage was never released, but 3m up front and depending on sales - we'd receive at minimum around £7m and a max of about £9m

I don't know if we get any bonuses throughout the seasons.

Take it from me you are in for a shock. Our outgoings far exceed what comes in during the financial year. We have huge overheads the biggest being wages but the list is never ending. Insurance,yearly maintenance ,tax,VAT,security,gas/electric/water. That is the tip of the iceberg I can assure you.

I'm sure the rumour was 3mil upfront with a potential to receive more dependent on sales. I reckon we doubled that on the first season and likely to be close to the same this season with the 150th merchandise.

Pretty sure we will have commercial clauses for winning the league, being in Europe etc.

I am having a total stab in the dark here but I think we should be looking at £8.5 million to £10 million for last season and similar this season If we win the league and are still in Europe after Christmas.

Getting at least 3rd place in our European group is vital regardless of what people think about the conference.

Take it from me you are in for a shock. Our outgoings far exceed what comes in during the financial year. We have huge overheads the biggest being wages but the list is never ending. Insurance,yearly maintenance ,tax,VAT,security,gas/electric/water. That is the tip of the iceberg I can assure you.
There’s nothing in the post that’s different from any other financial year.

Are you the Ibrox bean counter?

Next year when edmiston house is open and we get the sports bar up and running , we also need to get the catering sorted and in house ,the more revenue that goes to the club the better and we need to improve match day revenue

It won’t be a percentage of monies per strip, it will be targets and when targets are reached a payment is made or the percentage paid increases

Weren’t we one of the Club’s rumoured to have insurance in place that covered at least some lost earnings due to Covid?

Weren’t we one of the Club’s rumoured to have insurance in place that covered at least some lost earnings due to Covid?
We did/do have insurance. Indeed last years Annual Report recorded that we’d had a payout and were negotiating for more (that was for the curtailed season).

We don’t know if the policy continued into last season and nor do we know if the policy had a cap on what it would pay out.

Clubs tend to get between 10-15% of kit sales.

Not beating Malmo was a massive financial kick in the stones.
It's obviously a massive loss for the club but I don't think they would have budgeted for CL football this season in my opinion. Reaching the CL was never a guarantee so I'm sure the board would have had plans in place in case we didn't make it.

It's obviously a massive loss for the club but I don't think they would have budgeted for CL football this season in my opinion. Reaching the CL was never a guarantee so I'm sure the board would have had plans in place in case we didn't make it.

It was a great opportunity missed, mate. Malmo with 10 men were there for the taking.

It was a great opportunity missed, mate. Malmo with 10 men were there for the taking.
Absolutely. It would have put us streets ahead of anyone in Scotland if we had qualified this season and then went on to win the league and qualify automatically for next season.
All ifs and buts now though. Just have to make sure we do win the league this year.

What a childish response.

All I’m saying is you’re acting as if those costs are new or extra to a normal year.
I am not acting as if they are new I’m well aware they are yearly costs. Our incomings don’t cover our outgoings and with increased wages in the past financial year the gap will be even bigger. My reply was not childish in any way.

At the start we had Business Interuption Insurance. In March 2020, when Covid began, we were anywhere from just starting or about to finish this annual Insurance. One thing you can be sure of , we don't have it now because our insurers will have pulled that policy on renewal (the Aberdeen owner complained that his new policy, due to start in April 2020, no longer included that part of the policy).

2p in the pound?

Gas and electric will be a huge increase this year?
I think my point is - The poster is making out we are gonna have huge losses and to “take it from him” but goes onto mention the usual costs of we have every season. Gas, Leckie tax vat etc.

The op mentions public shares and castore which should reduce losses from COVID related costs (not gas leckie vat and tax)

Traditionally it’s between 7.5%-15%, though there are exceptions. Liverpool got an unusually good deal for example at 20%.

To get that they’ve taken less up front from Nike, £30m as opposed to the £45m they got from New Balance.

Back