Castore - where's my stuff

We have to be patient given the circumstances and the fact this is their first year manufacturing for us.

I'm planning to head into their London store in Chelsea after the next pay cheque. Hopefully they will have all the gear available.

Well over 100,000 jerseys have been sold, along with all the training gear.

How much merchandise did you expect them to have been able to make in the space of a few months?

This process usually takes well over a year, not a few months in the middle of a global pandemic. The fact that merchandise for the 21/22 season is already in the planning stage highlights that.

Considering the circumstances, Castore have done exceptionally well.

I understand where you are coming from re the manufacturing perspective but I’m at a bit of a loss as to why they have not tooled up in the customer service dept to engage with fans.

Not responding to emails, allowing comments on social media platform nor actually having manned phone lines to take calls from customers is not really acceptable is it.

Well over 100,000 jerseys have been sold, along with all the training gear.

How much merchandise did you expect them to have been able to make in the space of a few months?

This process usually takes well over a year, not a few months in the middle of a global pandemic. The fact that merchandise for the 21/22 season is already in the planning stage highlights that.

Considering the circumstances, Castore have done exceptionally well.

Over 100k sold but nowhere near 100k delivered. That's the difference.

The people making the kits aren't to blame for the shoddy customer service. Have a look on this topic, other topics on Follow Follow, scroll through Twitter.

This is turning into a shit storm for both Castore and Rangers.

I understand where you are coming from re the manufacturing perspective but I’m at a bit of a loss as to why they have not fooled up in the customer service dept to engage with fans.

Not responding to emails, allowing comments on social media platform nor actually having manned phone lines to take calls from customers is not really acceptable is it.
They need to improve their customer service, but it won't help when people have sent numerous emails regarding the same issue.

Manage peoples expectations, deal with the release of kit 1 successfully, before moving on to kits 2 & 3, that isn't a big ask.

But then the club would have no sales at the moment. The second and third kits release was probably already in the pipeline before the first set of problems. 2000 items have been damaged and having to be replaced. If they had been taken out the shop then shop punters would be annoyed the store had low stock. It’s a shite situation but we just have to bear with them. Rhats working for Hermes that caused a lot of the problems are getting less grief than Castore.

I still haven't received my 3 tops, I'm in North Ayrshire. Recieved an email last Wed saying I would receive a £25 gift card as compensation and my order would be dispatched within 3 working days, still nothing. Emailed concierge@castore.co.uk and to be fair they responded pretty quickly, but basically said it will be dispatched at some point this week. The full experience hasn't been good at all.

Not even replied to my email. Think is poor, just want some sort of explanation or update. Where is or when I will receive my goods.

They need to improve their customer service, but it won't help when people have sent numerous emails regarding the same issue.

I agree on that but this isn’t a small number of people anymore. Loads I know have had issues and that’s before on here and other social media platforms.

If this was ASOS or someone taking hundreds off people and doing this everyone would (rightly) be going mad.

But then the club would have no sales at the moment. The second and third kits release was probably already in the pipeline before the first set of problems. 2000 items have been damaged and having to be replaced. If they had been taken out the shop then shop punters would be annoyed the store had low stock. It’s a shite situation but we just have to bear with them. Rhats working for Hermes that caused a lot of the problems are getting less grief than Castore.

We've released 2 kits in the space of a week, that's unusual

If you've preordered your kit and it hasn't turned up, it's a week and a half late. As others have stated, Castore contractually couldn't risk the kits getting out earlier than the 1st August.

Sucks, but it's not a farce, it's not a catastrophe as some on here are making out. You're also one of the unlucky few, not majority that haven't had their kit delivered. Of course, the vocal ones are the ones that haven't received theirs yet.

Can we start daily "I've received my kit and it's class" to balance these type of threads out?

I agree on that but this isn’t a small number of people anymore. Loads I know have had issues and that’s before on here and other social media platforms.

If this was ASOS or someone taking hundreds off people and doing this everyone would (rightly) be going mad.

I think the issue is the flouncing about it. The other kit releases and the store opening and sales have more or less gone with a lot less issues. For some posters to make out Castore are dodgy or whatever is complete nonsense.

I think the issue is the flouncing about it. The other kit releases and the store opening and sales have more or less gone with a lot less issues. For some posters to make out Castore are dodgy or whatever is complete nonsense.

I don’t think they are dodgy and I’m sure the stuff will be excellent. I just think they have got the customer service part massively wrong initially.

Farce and a joke :D

over 100k items delivered along side items being deliberately damaged. I would be astounded if it is less than 1% that haven't been delivered out, so 99% delivered, seems pretty good to me.
It's a difficult one isn't it - we genuinely want the castore deal and relationship to thrive and the product seems top drawer but it's the delivery and communication that's causing the problem - wonder if its something that the club can assist with until its smoothed out - like you say possibly less than 1% but kits still a significant number of voices complaining

Raise your complaints with the club commercial@Rangers.co.uk I'm sure.

They need to be aware of every case - something is far from right

Cheers Adamski.
Have just emailed that address having had zero replies or acknowledgement from any of the others.

Same boat as many others on here, no dispatch notice, no emails and no explanation since paying my £120 on 1st July.

Unacceptable customer service.

We have to be patient given the circumstances and the fact this is their first year manufacturing for us.

I'm planning to head into their London store in Chelsea after the next pay cheque. Hopefully they will have all the gear available.

Why do I have to be patient? They could have grabbed one from Shop and sent me it days ago....or emailed Glasgow post codes and got us in to collect in person....101 things other than ignore us and send us nothing.

I don’t think they are dodgy and I’m sure the stuff will be excellent. I just think they have got the customer service part massively wrong initially.

I totally agree with that. But I think part of the problem stems from so many parcels being damaged. No way would they have forecast that and probably thought their small CS team was enough to deal with the normal queries. Now instead they have at least 2000 emails, some people saying they have emailed three and four times. They could be sitting with 10,000 emails each to be investigated and replied to, Hermes to be contacted and tracking done etc. It’s a shit show but I think it will be resolved in the next week or so.

Just got an email my top is with Hermes.... I asked for a refund ... :rolleyes:o_O:rolleyes:o_O

At least you got an email!! Hopefully it’s signs that more are moving, but poor that you asked for a refund and have not been given that option. That’s partly why I didn’t buy in store too as I didn’t want to be out the money twice with no timescale on getting it back.

I got sent the away top in long sleeve by mistake. I was unsure whether to go long sleeve or short sleeve so happy enough even though I did in the end think best to go short sleeve and that’s not what I got.

Checked my bank this morning and I paid Castore $354 (CAD) on July 1st. Since receiving an order confirmation immediately, I've had no tops, no delivery notification and no response to emails and messages sent to Castore.

The only consolation is that Rangers are benefitting from the money I've spent, but Castore's customer service here is shockingly bad. A simple reply with a status update on my order is all I'm asking for.

They talked the talk but haven't walked the walk, so far at least. Once they get through this, it can't be repeated next year.

Shop understandingly short of stuff,no training gear to fit deacjr,but managed the last home top in his size.
12 quid for the water bottle is outrageous!!

Checked my bank this morning and I paid Castore $354 (CAD) on July 1st. Since receiving an order confirmation immediately, I've had no tops, no delivery notification and no response to emails and messages sent to Castore.

The only consolation is that Rangers are benefitting from the money I've spent, but Castore's customer service here is shockingly bad. A simple reply with a status update on my order is all I'm asking for.

They talked the talk but haven't walked the walk, so far at least. Once they get through this, it can't be repeated next year.

Agreed, and fan media should also be helping here, far too many bears being let down and seems no appetite to question.

Beahon brothers are happy to get in front of fan media when the going is good, but have become invisible since the problems started.

Not good enough.

At least you got an email!! Hopefully it’s signs that more are moving, but poor that you asked for a refund and have not been given that option. That’s partly why I didn’t buy in store too as I didn’t want to be out the money twice with no timescale on getting it back.
Honestly they emailed me on monday, do you want a refund or the top by friday?, no offer of voucher etc. I replied refund please, THEN got the 48 business hour reply email so god only knows what to expect, maybe Hermes are delivering a cheque for £65.

Agreed, and fan media should also be helping here, far too many bears being let down and seems no appetite to question.

Beahon brothers are happy to get in front of fan media when the going is good, but have become invisible since the problems started.

Not good enough.

The Beahon brothers credibility is dwindling by the hour as far as I'm concerned. I don't want soundbites, I want tangible results.

As much as I understand the frustration and Castore clearly have issues to resolve and apologies to make I honestly don’t see the point of harping on about paying the money on July 1st when you all knew fine well at the time nothing could actually be dispatched before a minimum of August 1st. Obviously it’s to make the whole service appear even more shoddy, but what’s the point when it’s not truly a 6 week wait if you already knew you couldn’t receive your items within 4 of those, I mean what does it achieve?

Last edited:
Still waiting on a home strip I ordered in the pre-sale. Tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but absolutely no excuses anymore. Castore have clearly come up way short. Two bob mob.

Over 2,000 orders were damaged by Hermes.

In my reply to Castore I specifically asked at what stage my garment had been damaged and who’s liability, as I was prepared to have a real go at Hermes.

I also got the MD of HermesEurope business email and started pestering his, which seemed to land.

Castore had the chance to throw Hermes under the bus for this, but for whatever reason have chosen not to, so now it it’s their Liability and they are letting me and many more fans down by the day

As much as I understand the frustration and Castore clearly have issues to resolve and apologise to make I honestly don’t see the point of harping on about paying the money on July 1st when you all knew fine well at the time nothing could actually be dispatched before a minimum of August 1st. Obviously it’s to make the whole service appear even more shoddy, but what’s the point when it’s not truly a 6 week wait if you already knew you couldn’t receive your items within 4 of those, I mean what does it achieve?

Fair point. It's now 12 days since tops started being despatched and I haven't had a delivery notification. Not terrible on its own, but Castore aren't responding to emails or messages, and that's massively disappointing and frustrating.

Based on what they said, I expected better.

Edit - The July 1st date is important as that's when they got my money and they had a full month to get deliveries prepared.

havent read through all the messages so apologies if this has been answered. I sent my my home top back so i could get a larger size and wondered if anyone knew the turn around time for an exchange to come back?

Another day, another no show of home top. I have said before, that I can accept delays but the blatant refusal to respond to email enquiries is very poor customer service.

A simple apology and explenation in response to one of my email enquiries would go a long way in my eyes. Or am I being totally unreasonable in expecting that?

As much as I understand the frustration and Castore clearly have issues to resolve and apologise to make I honestly don’t see the point of harping on about paying the money on July 1st when you all knew fine well at the time nothing could actually be dispatched before a minimum of August 1st. Obviously it’s to make the whole service appear even more shoddy, but what’s the point when it’s not truly a 6 week wait if you already knew you couldn’t receive your items within 4 of those, I mean what does it achieve?
I think it's more the lack of any communication that's pissing people off.

As an aside, if I wanted to place my order again and cancel or return the original order, I can't as there are no home adult tops for sale on the website. Another poor show, imo.

Fair point. It's now 12 days since tops started being despatched and I haven't had a delivery notification. Not terrible on its own, but Castore aren't responding to emails or messages, and that's massively disappointing and frustrating.

Based on what they said, I expected better.

Edit - The July 1st date is important as that's when they got my money and they had a full month to get deliveries prepared.

You’re quite right to be disappointed, I’m not saying people who are still waiting and receiving no correspondence shouldn’t feel let down that’s for sure.

Still waiting on a home strip I ordered in the pre-sale. Tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but absolutely no excuses anymore. Castore have clearly come up way short. Two bob mob.

There's obviously issues but don't you think you're being a bit ott with the 'two bob mob' patter?

Read DZ's post above yours, the pre-sale didn't mean you were getting it before August.

I’m in the same boat, also since I am in England I doubt mine was one of the damaged stock. I was in the 9000 order range so how can others that ordered well after me have theirs ? It makes no sense at all, I have opened a dispute with my payment provide, feck it.
I’m in england too mate, full kids kit with Hagi 7 and mans top! Order 7200 something, still not here. Absolutely appalling 3 emails, got a generic reply on Monday! Fucking rats

People missing the point completely here - the issue most people have is the radio silence and customer service

See if they mailed the people waiting and said, apologies we’re having issues with a small % of orders. To try and resolve as quickly as possible here is a few options for you:

Cancel and refund
Stock reserved at store for pick up
Wait and we’ll have it with you in 14 days

Just some examples, but burying the head in the sand and ignoring everyone is shocking

Last edited:
Back