Catering contract

Tht big eat thing is a great model
For what the outside of the stadium could be like, rotation of different types of food etc

I would not be making them at home mate. RFC would need to invest in their own massive kitchen, as close to Ibrox as possible. Yes this would require a massive investment but it would also be a big money maker in the future

How quickly would the club see profit and their investment back?

The catering is really awful. Isn’t it time to do a rethink?

Limited pop up greggs, m&s sandwiches, satis singhs curries in a pot?

what’s the best you’ve been to? Let some one have a look at the gold standard worldwide and let’s see if we can do it.

Can’t stand another ten years of this shite.
Having been to a few Feyenoord games, they use tokens for all catering in and around the stadium. Full token for chips and satay sauce, a half token for drinks. You buy all your tokens at a separate stall meaning no cash is dealt with at the food stall and the queues are quick. You can tell your pal to pick you something up by passing them a token when they go to get theirs, or you could give them to someone when letting them borrow your ticket for a game you can’t get to.

Have food stalls dotted about the car parks around the stadium all accepting Rangers tokens that can also be used in the stadium and you would see all the 3rd party vans disappear. One aspect of this that works for the club and not so much for the punters is people pay £10 for say 4 tokens and only use a few and lose them or they expire at the end of the season, the club has the money regardless. Let’s get as much money spent with the club on match days as possible.

Noticed earlier that Elior ( azure) signed a 9 year extension to their contract in 2011. Does anyone know if the contract is up next year or if was extended again? Let’s hope not
9 year extension, bloody hell a Murray contract right enough

Given that proper catering could entice fans to spend more money the whole set up would need to be revamped.
At st Enoch square at the moment there are noodle bar stands,German style hot dogs,Greek and French fast food as well, people are queuing up and paying between £6 and £8 about the same as the famous Ibrox meal deal.
Maybe install temporary bar style tables to eat at.With only 15 minutes at half time,it would need the correct level of staffing and maybe a preordering facility.Decent Wi-Fi would help with this.

Aye put tables up, that’s safe!

Said many times. I am a caterer and I want the gig.
If anyone can point me to who I should contact please let me know.
We need to build a kitchen next to Ibrox and make everything ourselves and take all the profit.
Bears would support it if they knew every penny was going to Rangers
Doubt that would happen, most catering is outsourced these days

The club should also take over the mobile catering outside the ground have our own mobile catering vans instead of the gypos

That's another great shout mate,every sale that goes on around Ibrox the club should see profit on.

In saying that do the hot food vans and merchandise sellers not pay a rate towards the use of using the premises of RFC ?

@Kanye West mentioned on H&H a while back about getting proper street food trucks outside the stadium to replace the greasy burger vans.

Though it was a good idea.

They also need to employ staff who can actually serve food at a decent speed.

Yes, I get that a bustling stadium full of impatient customers (some who may be slightly intoxicated) can be intimidating for some but jesus, the amount of time it takes some of them to simply pour a bovril and ring it up on the till is a joke.

Where’s your vision Robert. let’s run with the car park idea, on the way out you have to pass through a small club shop.
Rangers don’t get involved enough with the local community and create investment.
I watched the video of the guy doing the Ibrox tour in the tim top. I’ve also done the tour years ago. Anyway while I was watching it I thought this tour looks boring. Where’s the interactive parts, imagine every player took a turn one day a month to get involved in the tour, meet fans, sign pics etc. Also what if it had an escape room type game or something that you had to use what you had learned about the club to escape.
We just lack a bit of imagination that could earn us extra pounds in my opinion.
Good Idea about improving the tour with an escape room type thingy. Anyone who has done the Heineken Brewery tour in A'dam will know, there you get a chance to do virtual things, pour a beer (& actually pour your own real beer at the end of the tour under supervision:)), or in the fitbaw bit, sit in a dug out at a Champions League game.

@Kanye West mentioned on H&H a while back about getting proper street food trucks outside the stadium to replace the greasy burger vans.

Though it was a good idea.

cheers. Similar to what you see at the big feed in Govan or in the Arches. Decent food at decent prices. Much better than horse burgers.

Could look to set up a catering wing to the club that is funded initially by the club with the goal of providing food on match days and then provide food for functions, cafes etc. when no games are on.

I think people would be willing to pay a premium for food for their 21st, christening etc if they know it’s benefiting the club.

Could have a core staff of 4-6 chefs/cooks for during the off days then hiring agency workers on game days to meet the demand.

Why not different outlets? Take SJ Rear...why not pizza oven, another doing Mr Singhs, and a more traditional pie stall?

Said many times. I am a caterer and I want the gig.
If anyone can point me to who I should contact please let me know.
We need to build a kitchen next to Ibrox and make everything ourselves and take all the profit.
Bears would support it if they knew every penny was going to Rangers

Are you John Gregg?

Make sure you can cope with thousands of most delightful steak bakes.

Good Idea about improving the tour with an escape room type thingy. Anyone who has done the Heineken Brewery tour in A'dam will know, there you get a chance to do virtual things, pour a beer (& actually pour your own real beer at the end of the tour under supervision:)), or in the fitbaw bit, sit in a dug out at a Champions League game.

the tour just isn’t interactive at all and lacks imagination. Get people to try on old type strips, boots and kick an old style ball about and let them see what the old days were like.
get a few games or quizzes into it, meet a player, get kids to design a Rangers strip they would like.

Back