Catering in Ibrox - How is it possible?

Sampled the steak pie and macaroni (fat bassa loyal) both pretty good. Coke was cold and came with a lid(never seen the lid issue before but read it loads on here).

Do the club make money from the catering contract from each sale? Or do they get a set fee every year regardless of how many sales there are?

Regards to money I'm sure it was on the Rangers website when they announced the deal with Levy the profits would be split 50/50.

I got a chicken burger (hot) from Black Rooster in Sandy Jardine Rear. It was pretty good and £6. I don't usually eat at football unless it's a midweek game and I didn't have time to grab dinner after work but I'd definitely eat again from Black Rooster. They were making them in bulk and selling as quick as they could make them so it was freshly made.

Everything on the menu is 50p more expensive than the Black Rooster unit outside the stadium but I thought that was ok. Usually there's more of a premium cost for in-stadium catering.

Why do so many people eat inside the ground?
Convenience and conditioning. Everyone here in the states complains about the high concession stand prices yet fork over $17 for a beer and $16 for burger/sandwhich or something else. The concessions lines are always steady.

They must be losing money out of how shite they are.
I went for just a soft drink and they only had Diet Coke and Coke Zero (are they both not the same!). Only non diet drink they had was Fanta, which they had run out of. So no sale.

I wouldn't have thought so but Black Rooster have opened an outlet in the ground so there must be some option available.

Some stadiums have an off site for actual cooking and then bring the trays of cooked food to the kiosks to be warmed up and sold.

I went for just a soft drink and they only had Diet Coke and Coke Zero (are they both not the same!). Only non diet drink they had was Fanta, which they had run out of. So no sale.

They are different mate as ,coke zero taste has less sugar but tastes more like normal coke and diet coke has a different flavouring. I really don't get why we cant have vending machines on concourses for crisps/chocolate and drinks. We could even try out the hot food vending machines you can get

Last edited:
They are different mate as ,coke zero taste has less sugar but tastes more like normal coke and diet coke has a different flavouring. I really don't get why we cant have vending machines on concourses for crisps/chocolate and drinks. We could even try out the hot food vending machines you can get

You would still be waiting to next week for a burger

GF1 today, no burgers on the menu and apparently they don't do black pudding sausage rolls despite it being on menu, 2 minutes later, guy walks past with black pudding sausage roll!

Govan front had different menus at different kiosks and the shutters came down right on the 2nd half whistle, so basically feck anyone who wants a drink or any leftover food in the 2nd half.

Coke Zero tastes bugger all like normal coke. Both it and the diet stuff are unbearably bitter.

Had the sausage black pudding roll, rather good, best food I’ve had at Ibrox id say

(Copland front , was rather early about 2:15
Kiosks all seem to be fine if your in early / it’s quiet as the youngsters behind the counter (who seem to be different every game) adjust to what they are doing

Coke Zero tastes bugger all like normal coke. Both it and the diet stuff are unbearably bitter.
Guess its all depends on your taste buds mate. I cant stand normal coke and would drink caffine free coke. I have tried coke zero and thought it tasted too much like normal coke.

Was the same today, only diet or Coke Zero, got a Coke Zero and it was exactly that, Coke = 0. Basically water!

Catering has been pish for years now, I know Elior do the catering for sit down meals and they’re fucking brutal, dunno if it’s them for the outlets in the stands?

Was in the Thornton suite yesterday, didn’t think the food was as good as it was previously. Less said about the green and white layered cake at HT !

Govan front had different menus at different kiosks and the shutters came down right on the 2nd half whistle, so basically feck anyone who wants a drink or any leftover food in the 2nd half.
Going by the steak pie I had yesterday, I don't think any leftover food goes to waste.

For it to be actually worse now than last season?

Has anyone seen the ‘burgers’?

Just posted on another catering thread.

Got one yesterday before the match, was really impressed. Fresh burger, fresh salad, almost like one that you’d get out a decent restaurant didn’t taste like a microwaved to an inch of its life one you used to get.

£3.20 for a Coke and I swear the cups are getting smaller by the week.

£1.50 for a chocolate bar and this has gone from last season's "king size" to a much smaller version, but same price.

This new crowd are ripping the piss.

Back