Catering in Ibrox - How is it possible?

Why are people trying to compare food kiosks at a football stadium to Greggs, cinemas or other outlets? Rangers play, at most, twice a week at Ibrox with zero footfall inbetween the very, very small windows for sales. It is so bloody obvious it should not need pointing out that food outlets with daily opening hours, designed to serve food for 8 hours of every single day, can far better manage stock, supply and demand and be able to make sure that they hold what is needed for pretty much all circumstances.

The operators of the kiosks can only really buy stock dependent on previous sales and with such a small window to sell stuff, zero chance of extending those windows to allow chilled or held over food to be sold the following day, or even the following hour, it is blindingly obvious that margins are tight, wastage has to be kept to an absolute minimum and selling out is the perfect outcome for them.

Obviously things like cold drinks are needed, but even that requires fridges to be running for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for a 1 hour sales period per week, perhaps 2. It is just not cost effective.

Improvements can be made, and should be made, but it sounds like the choice is getting better and the food itself is improving so hopefully things are moving in the right direction.

There is also the biggest point; If you do not want to buy it, don't buy it.
The food is shite. Costs more than a tenner for not very much. The ginger is warm.

How is this even possible for a catering company.

Are they surprised how many people go to Ibrox or surprised that people want food to eat?
They apparently do Chelsea, Spurs and the Hydro’s catering so shouldn’t be cowboys.

I’ve been to spurs and the hydro recently and Ibrox is miles behind both. It’ll take a dramatic improvement which I can’t see happening.

I pick my 8yr old son up at 5pm, bus at 5:30pm, then we don't get back home till 10:30pm. Even if I do bring some sandwiches, he will still want something hot to eat at half time.
Tell him to pipe down and eat the sandwiches you made. Him 'telling you' to buy overpriced shite should be vetoed, ffs.

Last edited:
Hate to say it but the only way prices will reduce is if we dont buy the food, even for one week, it might at least promote a discussion….honestly £3.20 for the juice is a fcuking disgrace.

They ran out of stuff one game an hour before it even started with crowds barely in. That’s not managing based on previous sales.

Don’t need to chill drinks for a week. That can be switched on the night before or even the morning of. It shouldn’t be anything to do with cost effective. It’s about actually selling the product to the proper standard if you are charging premium prices. The prices set should be factored in to cover such overheads (which I bet they are yet not passed down to the quality)

Who wants to drink water that would be better with 2 sugar and milk?
If it was canned juice you could put the fridge on in the morning, but it's the 'skooshy " stuff that needs the refrigeration , and causes multiple problems due to the sheer volume
Maybe we should sell packaged juice, kia ora, capri sun of kwenchy cups.
As for hot food, will there be such a demand on Saturday with the heat?

Mind the pictures from the mygers tasting night, knew it was too good to be true
Nothing more than ego boosts and look at me Instagram style pish.

Ok to look the bollocks rustling up a few items in a kitchen.
If it was canned juice you could put the fridge on in the morning, but it's the 'skooshy " stuff that needs the refrigeration , and causes multiple problems due to the sheer volume
Maybe we should sell packaged juice, kia ora, capri sun of kwenchy cups.
As for hot food, will there be such a demand on Saturday with the heat?
Aye they are boxed syrups that go through coolers. Situated underneath.

If they aren’t turned on it’s a disgrace. If they are broken that’s just as bad. There’s no excuse

This isn’t using some oil as syrup or glazing up a burger bun. There’s full on ingredients missing like lettuce tomato and sauce from the burgers that were at the mygers event pre season
I had 1 for 1st time on Tuesday and it was bang on.
Crispy lettuce, burger sauce and real cheese.
1st I've bought anything in stadium for years and it was definitely better than what the vans outside sell.

I had 1 for 1st time on Tuesday and it was bang on.
Crispy lettuce, burger sauce and real cheese.
1st I've bought anything in stadium for years and it was definitely better than what the vans outside sell.
I’ll give it another go. The burgers pre season were the same rustlers efforts as last season

Yeah even still. 2 kids bar choc and juice tenner. On top of rest of day.

Btw I’m not a skinflint but that’s a rip
Off
I normally just nab something at one of the Greggs on the way up Shieldhall Road or from one of the vans outside. Wasn't really that hungry so I thought I would get something in the ground for a change. The fact there wasn't any choice with the chocolate pissed me off as well.

Does no one at Rangers read these comments and act on them? The SLO or whoever. We never seem to be very proactive on things when most other businesses regularly monitor their online feedback.
Things like tickets being sold twice and neds jumping the turnstiles endangering our safety certificate are ignored, so wouldn't expect any action on the catering front

West Ham don't own the stadium and have no control over prices or quality.
It is the stadium owners that dictate it.
Regardless of who owns it, it’s a quite outrageous price.

Man Utd for all their failings are the cheapest in the EPL, despite having the biggest fan base.

I normally just nab something at one of the Greggs on the way up Shieldhall Road or from one of the vans outside. Wasn't really that hungry so I thought I would get something in the ground for a change. The fact there wasn't any choice with the chocolate pissed me off as well.
Same mate usually a mcds for kids on way in or home. Few sweets during game. I know compared to England we are still cheaper but Iv been to games in England and the scran is decent most of time and on par with what’s avaliable outside

Why does everyone keep going on about the lack of ice in drinks from the kiosks?

I can't recall getting ice in a drink from any food kiosk in a Scottish stadium, do any give you ice?

West Ham don't own the stadium and have no control over prices or quality.
It is the stadium owners that dictate it.
I doubt the stadium owners dictate that. They will buy/sell a package to a catering company who would then dictate prices and quality.

We had some huge food upgrades at Madison Square Garden a few years ago.

m1002429.jpg

Just an example this corned beef sandwhich is $16 at MSG. That's just about the same price as a regular deli or diner here in NYC.

Last edited:
inferior products and you wonder who sanctions these pies, burgers, flat juice etc.....bet they never touch it .

I doubt the stadium owners dictate that. They will buy/sell a package to a catering company who would then dictate prices and quality.
The ”package” will contain a lot of provisions about quality, price, etc. whether it’s sold by West Ham or the stadium owner.

Hate to say it but the only way prices will reduce is if we dont buy the food, even for one week, it might at least promote a discussion….honestly £3.20 for the juice is a fcuking disgrace.
Nah, that would just end up the people the next week getting food another week older.

Why can't they just have packaged filled Rolls/Baguettes/Sandwiches etc?

Even the cheapest shit sandwich you can buy in Tesco if of a higher standard than the pish food they serve up at Ibrox.

I can't actually recall the last time I actually spent any money inside Ibrox, going back years.

Between the length of time and quality I’ve stopped bothering, just get some scran before I go in knowfrom the burger vans or posh burger vans

We had some huge food upgrades at Madison Square Garden a few years ago.

m1002429.jpg

Just an example this corned beef sandwhich is $16 at MSG. That's just about the same price as a regular deli or diner here in NYC.

Haha wtf Is that??

No human is eating that much meat on a sandwich. That would last me a fortnight worth of sandwiches!

There are better options outside the ground now with the posher burger vans near the shop.
Burger van beside the louden was where I went last Match I could get to , Leipzig , tray o chips

Our bus was back o the wee gers club so by full time I was quite hungry - was a long day , so I got a burger across from the bus , we were held up for 30 mins so they were giving the freebies oot - scored

You can’t beat popping into ikea on a European night before heading over to Ibrox, great food and very cheap. Even took a desk and chair into the game once

Back