Caught a bit of the filths game last night

What was very noticeable is that Red Bull, dont think ive even heard of them before, are a top class side it really was a footballing lesson tims couldnt get a kick and were completely outplayed. Must admit i think it had more to do with the opposition than the yahoos they are a quality side not many sides go to the piggery and control the whole match. Shouild have been 6-0 or 6-1 or something like that. Are they Austrian is that a strong league ? or maybe they are loaded could be....i dont know but

honestly get the cash on that team to win the europa league if they dont do it il give you the money back when im famous.

Almost got to the EL final last year if not for a dodgy corner in the last minute against Marseille.
They are a class above many other teams in the tournament.
No denying they're a good side but they can't be classed as a champ league side if they can never manage to qualify for it.

What was very noticeable is that Red Bull, dont think ive even heard of them before, are a top class side it really was a footballing lesson tims couldnt get a kick and were completely outplayed. Must admit i think it had more to do with the opposition than the yahoos they are a quality side not many sides go to the piggery and control the whole match. Shouild have been 6-0 or 6-1 or something like that. Are they Austrian is that a strong league ? or maybe they are loaded could be....i dont know but

honestly get the cash on that team to win the europa league if they dont do it il give you the money back when im famous.

You’ve never heard of Red Bull Salzburg?

Do you watch football?

That's nothing new. Hearts did the same when they won both games against them. Yet, we always sit off them and allow then to steam roller through our midfield.

You’ve never heard of Red Bull Salzburg?

Do you watch football?

Yeah fair point i was thinking the same while watching the match, this is a class side why have i never seen them before why dont i know any of their players or manager anything about their history, do i even watch the sport even though i was watching it.

Least you have explained a wee bit about them, cheers.

Not saying the bookies dont know anything but 25/1 odds i mean you simply cannot ignore that price, wont be around for long, brilliant team brilliant tactics seriously fit also work as hard as feck.

If you press Celtic they eventually fold under the pressure...guys like Rogic don't like doing the dirty work and their defence is rotten.

If you sit off and let Rogic, McGregor, Ntcham etc play then you're in trouble. Btw Edouard is fucking mince!

It's easier said than done, especially at Parkhead. Hearts have managed it at Tynecastle a couple of times but the park there is tiny, and you are able to turn it into a battle a bit easier there.

I'd expect us to take the game to Celtic a bit more than the last time with us being at home but I certainly don't see us going gung ho.

All depends on what players we have available as well. Kent looking like being out is a blow.

Not upset, just have absolutely no time for ignorant people like you.

Don’t think science will be requiring your brain anytime soon, Mikey.
I thought you put him on ignore? If you do that, you shouldn't be able to see his posts unless someone quotes him....

Think about it.

It's one thing pressing and winning the ball but you need the players to pass it effectively rather than just give it away again

yes think about it not rocket science FFS
What you on about?

I quoted him so you could see his reply...

BECAUSE IF YOU HAD HIM ON IGNORE (like you said) YOU WOULDN'T HAVE SEEN IT.

Then you come out with some pish about science not needing my brain at the same time as quoting the guy you apparently had on ignore.... I see you don't do irony :D

What you on about?

I quoted him so you could see his reply...

BECAUSE IF YOU HAD HIM ON IGNORE (like you said) YOU WOULDN'T HAVE SEEN IT.

Then you come out with some pish about science not needing my brain at the same time as quoting the guy you apparently had on ignore.... I see you don't do irony :D
haha think you f ucked up there mate ive never put anyone on ignore, and science and your brain well thats a whole new thing to me, although it would be an interesting experiment given your paranoid tendencies

Apologies if mentioned already.

Anyone see their defender Ajer, I think put a shot over the bar from half a yard out. Was some sitter, probably stopped it going in. Had it been a Gers player we would be watching endless replays of it .

haha think you f ucked up there mate ive never put anyone on ignore, and science and your brain well thats a whole new thing to me, although it would be an interesting experiment given your paranoid tendencies
Well why the %^*& did you quote me? :D

Salzburg were excellent.

For anyone getting excited, Celtic will do to us what Salzburg did to them. Unless we match their energy and aggression, which we never do.

It's not rocket science how to get a result against them.

Kilmarnock, Hearts and Hibs have shown how to do it. We done the complete opposite. You stand off them, give them time, space and room to exploit and they will pick you apart. They rely heavily on their full backs, pin them back deep and they can't feed their midfield. They bypass midfield, fall out the game and that's when they struggle. Get in their faces, don't give them time or space and they don't like it. They become slack, sloppy and complacent - their defence is easily pulled apart and gaps appear.

Salzburg are decent, the problem is that Leipzig didn't take his competition seriously. They are more interested in getting a top four finish in the Bundesliga which is worth multiple times more than a good run in the Europa League. They don't care about going out at this stage.

Another side effect of money ruining the game. Top English clubs can send their reserves out to qualify from the Europa group stages.

A few good teams left, but they are seeded, so maybe they could draw the filth again.

Who's involved?
Seeded teams
Arsenal (ENG)
Bayer Leverkusen (GER)
Benfica (POR)*
Chelsea (ENG)
Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)
Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)
Eintracht Frankfurt (GER)
Genk (BEL)
Internazionale Milano (ITA)*
Napoli (ITA)*
Real Betis (ESP)
Salzburg (AUT)
Sevilla (ESP)
Valencia (ESP)*
Villarreal (ESP)
Zenit (RUS)

Unseeded teams
BATE (BLR)
Celtic (SCO)
Club Brugge (BEL)*
Fenerbahçe (TUR)
Galatasaray (TUR)*
Krasnodar (RUS)
Lazio (ITA)
Malmö (SWE)
Olympiacos (GRE)
Rapid Wien (AUT)
Rennes (FRA)
Sporting CP (POR)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)*
Slavia Praha (CZE)
Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)*
Zürich (SUI

Interesting mate, so should get an easier tie, long way to go right enough lot of good teams in there but id make them the favs.

Lot of luck in knock out football right enough but Arsenal are probably one of the favs, id say they would beat any English side left.

What I noticed most is that when a Salzburg player had the ball they were looking up to see what was happening, where the runs were and how they could attack.

With us we would have given the ball to Goldson who would then pass it to Worral who might give it back to Goldson while this 2 man tika taka exhibition is going on Celtic would get their shape back and wait for us to pass it to Tav down the right.

What was very noticeable was the Austrian team closed down their players all over the park and never gave them time to settle. The golden boy Tierney was hoofing it forward and gave the ball away on countless occasions. Oh how I wish we would press them all over the park instead of sitting back making them think they are Barcelona.

It makes me sick how we sit back and allow the Lego eater all the time in the world to dictate the game.

The way we allow him to stroll about the pitch is pathetic and we make him look like a player FFS.

Dunno what it is about the games against them but our players tend to shrink into themselves.

Back