Cavani

I've seen people talking about it today and saying he quite clearly didnt mean it in a malicious way but he's still out of order and people are offended.

If it wasn't malicious why is it his problem if people choose to be offended?

I don't think he's out of order. It's commonly used colloquialism and it's clear that's how it was used.

I can understand the desire to 'educate' him in how it reads in English but it's a bit much to claim he's out of order.

'Hey man, that thing you posted could be seen as offensive by some.'

'Ah shit I didn't know, for us it means something friendly but I'll delete it, my bad'

'All good'

That should be the end of it but I'm sure we'll see the FA go into overdrive about how hard they are on racism while actually doing nothing to tackle it.
So many things in life really are this simple to solve. But people like to be outraged and cause a song and dance about everything.

I wouldn't really care to be honest. My point is there are people saying he's quite clearly not being malicious but want him hammered anyway.
And my point is that it might be helpful for you to consider the agency and perspectives of the people who 'choose to be offended.'

Great player
Won me £95 as the 5th GS yesterday
Why they don’t start with him is a mystery.
Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Rangers strip. He reminds me so much of Hateley,the way he runs channels not afraid to stick his head in where most players wouldn't.

Back