CD7 Being Closed

It starts with half of the members of FF thinking it is their personal crusade to exploit this sanction in order to preach to the 'poor confused bears' about the errors of their simple bigoted ways. It's been reeking in here all day.

When you read endless pages of whataboutery and the piss poor defence of those who simply decide to carry on singing banned songs it’s hardly surprising.

Clearly far too many single digit IQ’s within.

the old song book hasn't reared it's head for years. FARE won't be happy until they've destroyed our support and some of our supporters are happy for it to happen.

Ban Follow Follow, ban trip to Ibrox, ban TBB, ban Build My Gallows, ban we'll be coming, ban Fathers Advice, ban Derrys Walls, ban Super Rangers, ban we are the people.

Good idea?
Utter Crap!
Stop singing TBB, Super Rangers, Lose the reference to the pope in FF - I was taught ‘Celtic Park and back again’ when I was a wee boy, 50p flute song which imo is garbage, no pope of Rome.

Every other song you mention has no sectarian words in them, no need to ban them!

When you read endless pages of whataboutery and the piss poor defence of those who simply decide to carry on singing banned songs it’s hardly surprising.

Clearly far too many single digit IQ’s within.
I actually gave FF a miss for most of last night due to this.
Some people don’t get it. It’s very easily fixed.
Sort ourselves out, let others do what they want!

The UB have never started TBB so a bit unfair. But it was always going to be BF1 that were definitely one of the sections closed.

Up to the UB what they do next. Down tools and walk away or use this as an opportunity to fully engage with Club to become bigger and better. I believe it's a great chance to create a new relationship that leads to a standing section which will vastly improve the atmosphere for all.

the old song book hasn't reared it's head for years. FARE won't be happy until they've destroyed our support and some of our supporters are happy for it to happen.

Ban Follow Follow, ban trip to Ibrox, ban TBB, ban Build My Gallows, ban we'll be coming, ban Fathers Advice, ban Derrys Walls, ban Super Rangers, ban we are the people.

Good idea?
Sounds like a great idea to me.

Maybe we can just sing about Rangers.

Follow Follow can survive if it’s hammered home to every imbecile to sing the correct words.

Good idea?

Utter nonsense. Let's not turn this into an internal war, as we all enjoy and encourage the positive aspect they bring to matchdays, but to suggest the UB haven't indulged in singing these songs in recent weeks is fanciful in the extreme.

Sing and sing loud, just don't sing about 19th Century Terrorists and Catholics.

the club punt out orange kits man. They don't do that because Hummel like the colour ffs. The connotations are obvious and point towards a culture that the club are now preaching to us about. Happy enough to cash in on the culture when it suits them.

If the club want to move away from any religious connections then perhaps they should start by avoiding the use of the colour associated with a Protestant institution for financial gain.

There’s a big difference between being pro prod and anti catholic, certainly in uefas eyes
Anyway

Only folk not being relocated are BF1 - shocking decision from the club.
Both my boys have season tickets at the top end of BF1! Due to CCS I paid for the St Joseph’s game but the boys couldn’t attend game as we were all in Lanzarote!

They get refunded but not reallocated!

Incredibly unfair on them and the rest of the BF1 supporters who have be told and know not t sing the alledged sectarian words / songs!

As I have said before - this is not a football problem, we need to sort ourselves out firstand foremost but that shameless mhanky mob from the east are the true bigots! The vast majority of them choose separate schooling which is the root of all separatism in this country and beyond!

I will continue to despise them but support my club more! WATP!

Good idea?

That’s nonsense for a start.

This won’t happen, but I’d have loved to see the entire Govan Stand emblazoned with a huge fan display “Not FARE”, or, every fan in the stadium standing with their back to the pitch in silent protest while the teams come out pre match.

Re section closures, though, it does seem that Rangers are pointing the finger at UBs. I hope that they are also reaching out simultaneously to open a clear dialogue with them and all fans about how we move forward together.

The UB are the song leaders and that's what happens....they start the song and others follow...the Stevie C was probably a lot more sung than TBB at the STJ game probably because one or two thought it wasn't too bright at an European game......

That's the problem-now it seems clear to me if the club actually had managed them the chances of this being prevented were high but they didn't and hey thought they could keep doing it.

Instead of looking ahead to a crucial week we are dealing with this shite and all the complexities that come with it......I also think to be fair to the guy who use the megaphone the songs started from that section independently of his lead-which is another tale in itself....
I think the last paragraph is quite important here. Ross will no doubt be getting pelters from some camps.

I don’t know who starts TBB at Ibrox.

But it’s always starts from around that corner (I’m in the BR just above them). However I’ve never heard him start it and he starts all the songs.

Something else worth mentioning. The Ub’s are only a small section of the group in that corner who join in.

The UB’s have (possibly had) a great opportunity to lead the fans into the next generation of fan support at Ibrox. By driving safe standing, improving the songbook and by really driving the atmosphere. But, I’ve always been critical about their (bull in a china shop) approach.

This is a massive moment of reflection. We need to tackle it head on for the greater good

Take the UB tickets rip them up and give the seats to less selfish fans.
UB are the unofficial singing section, the buck stops with them.
Hopefully the club bans them for good home and away.

The UB's need to think about there next move seriously.

If they choose the 'toys out of the pram' move then I think they will be done and totally misjudge the mood of the wider support.

If they go to the club and try and work with them and try to take a lead then they might actually grow out of this.

Hope somebody is advising them properly.

They didn't make most of the stadium sing the 'bad' words. If they were the only ones singing it, then I would understand the decision, but the whole stadium was belting it out.
As a powerful group they have a platform to drive change as they lead a lot of the singing. Yet they continue to sing and behave in a manner that will harm us. They aren’t the only people guilt of this but as a large group it sends a message to them. As someone already said, they take praise for the good so need to accept their part in the bad. Hopefully they learn from this but I imagine it will lead to more protests from them against the club etc.

The union bears to be fair to them have come up with more songs about rangers than any other part of the stadium.i take it the other stands just sit in silence and never join in singing any song that mention 19th Century Terrorists.the buck does not just stop with them.the buck stops with all of us take individual responsibility don’t sing tbb and super rangers and avoid ftp it’s not rocket science.
A trip to Ibrox a fine old traditional rangers song that’s now sung by thousands at games.that would have never been sung if it wasn’t for the union bears

the club punt out orange kits man. They don't do that because Hummel like the colour ffs. The connotations are obvious and point towards a culture that the club are now preaching to us about. Happy enough to cash in on the culture when it suits them.

If the club want to move away from any religious connections then perhaps they should start by avoiding the use of the colour associated with a Protestant institution for financial gain.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having an orange kit. If nothing else, it's a SUBTLE and indirect reference to the culture you speak of, which is absolutely fine and unquestionable.

What is (now) unacceptable, however, is the more overt, obvious and frankly ludicrous displays of it - demonstrated in our willingness to continue with TBB, Super Rangers etc.

Whether it's you lambasting the club for being hypocrites in selling an orange shirt, or Laidlaw Loyal having a go because someone said 19th Century Terrorist 4 years ago and now has the audacity to suggest it stops, is completely missing the point - it's now about what we do moving forward, not what happened previously. Yes, we've all indulged in the songs at some point but the landscape has now changed and it's high time we all realised it.

Wrap the things we can be punished for but by all means continue with the traditions for which we can't - it's really that simple.

Trust me, it won't make you any less of a Rangers fan.

The UB's need to think about there next move seriously.

If they choose the 'toys out of the pram' move then I think they will be done and totally misjudge the mood of the wider support.

If they go to the club and try and work with them and try to take a lead then they might actually grow out of this.

Hope somebody is advising them properly.

I agree.

They provide much needed colour and vocal encouragement to the team, especially at Ibrox, but they need to grasp this as an opportunity to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

As a powerful group they have a platform to drive change as they lead a lot of the singing. Yet they continue to sing and behave in a manner that will harm us. They aren’t the only people guilt of this but as a large group it sends a message to them. As someone already said, they take praise for the good so need to accept their part in the bad. Hopefully they learn from this but I imagine it will lead to more protests from them against the club etc.
The union bears have came up with more songs about rangers since they moved to bf1 than the rest of the stadium has in twenty years.all the loyalists songs they sing do not contain any reference to 19th Century Terrorists or ftp.the only ftp you will hear at Ibrox is in our club anthem and it wasn’t the union bears that came up with that!!!!

The last 3,000 seats purchased on the public sale should have been cancelled. This would also have spread out the singing section without punishing the bears who spend a fortune going to every game by making them miss an important Euro match.
Tend to agree with this

You’ll be surprised mate why would anyone be scared to sing our proper Rangers songs or songs without shitey add ons???
I hope your right but I have my doubts, the atmosphere definitely won’t be rocking for 90 mins.

I’m not sure ‘fair’ comes into it. The UB08 enjoy getting the praise for getting things going at Ibrox - and they deserve that praise. However, if they are the instigators of the ‘good’ stuff it’s not a huge leap to adjudge them responsible for the ‘bad’ stuff as well.

The UB get credit but they’ve allowed various version FTP and 19th Century Terrorist Bs to their songbook. I just dream of the day when every supporter stops singing chanting or shouting about any of the above.
It’s going to cost us severely and the club are powerless against public displays of offensive siinging.

Just stop it ffs!

You want the Club to ban the only section of the ground that tries to make an atmosphere within the stadium and have came up with countless songs about Rangers?

The UB aren't selfish - most of the Ibrox sing the exact same songs as them.

Strange doing this to the ub. The should be brought in and given a list of songs that will get us in bother and told if they ever want to expand then they need to push the songs that don't get us in the shit. Because let's face it they are very influential in what is sung in the stadium. 99% of the songs that are sung are started by them. So I believe they have the ability to really help stamp all the other shite out if they want to

This won’t happen, but I’d have loved to see the entire Govan Stand emblazoned with a huge fan display “Not FARE”, or, every fan in the stadium standing with their back to the pitch in silent protest while the teams come out pre match.

Re section closures, though, it does seem that Rangers are pointing the finger at UBs. I hope that they are also reaching out simultaneously to open a clear dialogue with them and all fans about how we move forward together.

This. This is what I was banging away about yesterday, I don't think the execs have the nous to recognise the benefits or the talent do it, though. The club is effectively leaderless.

The union bears to be fair to them have come up with more songs about rangers than any other part of the stadium.i take it the other stands just sit in silence and never join in singing any song that mention 19th Century Terrorists.the buck does not just stop with them.the buck stops with all of us take individual responsibility don’t sing tbb and super rangers and avoid ftp it’s not rocket science.
A trip to Ibrox a fine old traditional rangers song that’s now sung by thousands at games.that would have never been sung if it wasn’t for the union bears
I have praised the UB for displays and atmosphere in the past.
They had an opportunity to be 'something' a real credit to the club.
Instead they chose to be selfish and full of self importance.
The club and the support do not need the UB.

You want the Club to ban the only section of the ground that tries to make an atmosphere within the stadium and have came up with countless songs about Rangers?

The UB aren't selfish - most of the Ibrox sing the exact same songs as them.
Who started it?

The union bears have came up with more songs about rangers since they moved to bf1 than the rest of the stadium has in twenty years.all the loyalists songs they sing do not contain any reference to 19th Century Terrorists or ftp.the only ftp you will hear at Ibrox is in our club anthem and it wasn’t the union bears that came up with that!!!!
It’s not about who came up with what. It’s the people who song it. They are A group who could drive a change against this stuff but they won’t. They fight their wars against the club and against the media etc. Rather than being the people who could help clean up stadium and drive the change needed.

It’s been a few years since I’ve been in BF1 but back then, the UBs would NOT START any of the songs deemed banned or on the fence. In those seasons, any rendition of ‘Super Rangers’ was ALWAYS started by the rest of the stadium.
I am sure it is very much likewise these days as well. But like i said, it’s been a good few years since I’ve been in there.

I have praised the UB for displays and atmosphere in the past.
They had an opportunity to be 'something' a real credit to the club.
Instead they chose to be selfish and full of self importance.
The club and the support do not need the UB.
I was at the Dundee game at Ibrox and the ub’s had there silent protests and Ibrox was like a morgue for most of it.every Saturday we follow song which is sung by the whole stadium came from the union bears.

Singling out the UBs here is 100% wrong.

The club are going to looking fucking ridiculous next Thursday night when the same songs and chants are still being heard.

UBs have every right to just ditch their backing moving forward IMO.

As an atheist my understanding of PUL culture is probably limited at best, however, it is my understanding that Protestantism and by extension orangism is about celebrating a culture rather than sticking it to another.

I was at the Dundee game at Ibrox and the ub’s had there silent protests and Ibrox was like a morgue for most of it.every Saturday we follow song which is sung by the whole stadium came from the union bears.
No different to any other ground in Europe these days I'm afraid. But and it is a big but, when it gets going, nothing beats Ibrox, with or without the UB.

Singling out the UBs here is 100% wrong.

The club are going to looking fucking ridiculous next Thursday night when the same songs and chants are still being heard.

UBs have every right to just ditch their backing moving forward IMO.

I agree with your first sentence and disagree with everything else. The UBs have to self-police and stop the eejits making Gerrard walk. Think it through, you're being as dense as the board.

No but what does that have to do with it?
I went home and away for over 20 years.
Now I get to watch every game so I hear the atmosphere, I hear the singing.

If you went you'd realise how dead the ground is without the UBs, sad but true. The club needs 'a' UB section, the UBs need to self-police. The board are, typically, making a complete arse of this.

Correct decision re club deck . Out of sight , least effect on players and atmosphere .

No idea why BF1 is being shut , if true it’s clear the club are putting “ blame “ onto that section .
I think BF1 were specifically reported by the report, an easy target.

If you went you'd realise how dead the ground is without the UBs, sad but true. The club needs 'a' UB section, the UBs need to self-police. The board are, typically, making a complete arse of this.
I 'hear' the silence, there is no hiding it. It was also like that back in the early 80's and 90's. Granted it's worse but it is no different to any other stadium.

Unfortunately, it's how football is these days.

Back