Ced the Ted or Roofe.

Matty1904

After much excitement of both the signings on same day. Whats the thoughts (before seeing them in blue) on who excites you more and what they would bring to team. Initially I was Roofe but after watching some St Gallen footage Ced the Ted edges it for me for natural goalscorers. Roofe will tear it up and cause havoc when match fit. Both hopefully will have a major impact.

—————————Itten—————————
-Kent——————-Hagi—————-Roofe—

—————-Aribo————Jack——————

Hopefully horse the dross with that.
Excited to see them together.

I think he will be really consistent and cool and composed.

Probably won't hit the same level as Morelos at his peak but maybe more consistent over a full season.

I've seen Roofe in the English Championship, he's a cracking player so I know what he's capable of - if he can remain fit.

Itten is unknown to me other than reading his stats and watching reports/videos on him. I like the sound of his attributes and his goalscoring record of 36 in his last 50 matches along with umpteen assists is ridiculous.

Itten looks like a slight change in tactic option against sit in teams IMO.
ill be watching with interest tomorrow as St Mirren will sit in and try to hit us on the break.

—————————Itten—————————

That attacking 4 looks awesome

—————————Itten—————————

That's the kind of attacking line up we should be putting out against the shitty teams.

Don't think Roofe will be ready for tomorrow and hope Itten starts ahead of Morelos.

Itten is the unknown to me

But in a way that sort of adds to the excitement / expectations in advance
He is the younger & hopefully got more potential

I've no wish to add pressure on the lad - but looking at the YouTube footage- he could easily become a big star for us - here's hoping

Out of interest - & one for the incredibly knowledgeable, entertaining & accurate historians on here- anyone know if we've ever had a Cedric on our books before now ?

Have never seen Itten kick a ball but already convinced myself he will be better than Jelavic.

I have a feeling we are gonna be very pleasantly surprised with Itten and Roofe this season,would love Itten to get on the scoresheet tomorrow which is highly likely

Itten for me. He’s young and looks to be coming into the best form of his career. He could be dynamite if he can adapt to Scottish football. He’s good with his head too, which is something we’ve missed recently. He has the potential to be the most all round striker since Jelavic, perhaps even as better if his growth continues.

I know little about Roofe, but if he can capture the same form as at Leeds, I’m sure he will make a big contribution. It’s good he can play on the right as I think having two potent strikers will help our cause rather than place everything on Alfie’s shoulders. The one nagging doubt I have with him is injury. We really can’t afford to have anyone sitting out large chunks of the season. However, maybe my worry is down to past experience rather than the player himself

Last edited:
More excited for Itten as he is an unknown quantity. I was a bit disappointed when I heard we signed Roofe (for all of the 2 hours or so before Itten was announced). Mostly as I didn't think he was a suitable replacement for Morelos, despite being a very good player. Turns out he isn't the replacement and I'm thinking we'll see Itten up front with Roofe on the right.

They will hopefully both tear it up but Itten could well be a sensation.

I would say though that Roofe is the safest bet to succeed of the pair- my mates a Leeds fan and rates him very highly. He should be an excellent player for us.

Gaffer said Roofe is a week behind fitness wise, but hopefully see him for the last 25-30 minutes and kick on from there. I'm expecting him to be excellent for us, injuries permitting.

Itten I'm not really sure what to expect, but looking forward to seeing him. Hopefully he starts tomorrow.

Like every player who has been signed in the last fifty years I will reserve judgment until they have played for around three months. Computer games and You Tube don’t count in the real world.

Can see Itten being adored by the supporters.

Going by the way he talks, I think he's going to give 100% every time he pulls on the shirt and be right up for it.

A debut goal in front of an empty Ibrox tomorrow and I can Sebo-esque scenes from the young man; Aberdeen / Chelsea style :))

Itten looks like a slight change in tactic option against sit in teams IMO.
ill be watching with interest tomorrow as St Mirren will sit in and try to hit us on the break.
Ball in the box target man gig.

We do need to change it up a bit, not tried it since Lafferty tbh went out the window like the 352.

im looking forward to seeing both but i think im more excited to see cedric as he is a complete unknown other than watching his youtube videos.

Delighted with both signings! Seen a fair bit of Roofe, its the unknown of Itten that excites me! Reading about him and watching the dreaded youtube clips I've a great feeling about him

Itten for me been going on about him for a couple weeks now just looks like a goalscorer. Hoping he proves me right, gladly we roofe aswell as I still would have taken itten for every factor really and a few of ma pals were staunchly against it lol.

Other than clips I have seen I have limited knowledge of both. Looking forward to seeing them in a Rangers shirt. Have high hopes for big Cedric.

Totally different from all accounts.
Actually hoping they form a ‘McCoist-Hateley’ partnership, and feed off each other.
If so… it could be glorious!

—————————Itten—————————

I'd love to see that. But realistically have they even trained together yet ?

Back