Cedric Itten on fire today against his old club

Folk comparing him to Herrera are just daft.

Itten scored a few important goals in 20/21. He looked awkward at times and was often shunted wide right to accommodate Roofe or Morelos.

Thought he could’ve come good but turned out not to be. Glad to see he’s doing well, the Swiss league is way more competitive than ours (in terms of teams capable of winning the league).

Young Boys have some cracking players. Rieder is too good & we could never afford him, but N’Same would be brilliant if we’re after 2 strikers, alongside someone a bit younger.

I liked Itten as a player. I was certain he would be a success but it didn't work out for a number of possible reasons. Whether any, some or all of those reasons were valid could be debated forever but it just didn't work out.

I am really happy for him that he is doing well again.

alot of revision going on here

he was a similar standard to Eduardo Herrera
Fk7KyUHXgAEAGjD.jpg

He should have been loaned back to the Swiss league initially, where he'd have scored more goals, got his confidence back and ideally gave us a better chance of getting a better ROI.

That move to Bavaria was a waste of everybodys time. He was never going to do anything in a team that created so few chances and were whipping boys.

Back