Cedric Itten possible target rumour

NorthSideBlue

Never heard of the guy but rumours surfaced in the last few minutes that our main striking target is a Swiss international who plays for st Gallen . I know nothing about the boy was wondering if any bears who watch Swiss football could let us know this guys strengths etc ? Only 23 with a couple of caps . Seems to have a decent scoring rate with st Gallen

I m must be right out the loop on football these days 90% of names that get punted about on here I have never heard of before
If they don't play for Rangers. Madrid. City or Chelsea. There's a good chance I haven't heard of them either.
And even if they did play for any of the other 3, there's a chance I still wouldn't have a clue

Last edited:
Already had the ‘underwhelmed‘ treatment on another thread by someone who says they have watched him ‘loads’.

He actually seems a very good fit on the face of it, young, big, good goalscoring record and can also play attacking mid so obviously not just a run of the mill target man.

Never heard of the guy but rumours surfaced in the last few minutes that our main striking target is a Swiss international who plays for st Gallen . I know nothing about the boy was wondering if any bears who watch Swiss football could let us know this guys strengths etc ? Only 23 with a couple of caps . Seems to have a decent scoring rate with st Gallen
It was on another thread hours ago :))

Already had the ‘underwhelmed‘ treatment on another thread by someone who says they have watched him ‘loads’.

He actually seems a very good fit on the face of it, young, big, good goalscoring record and can also play attacking mid so obviously not just a run of the mill target man.
Listen.
How are we no looking at Mbape or at least Neymar. Shocking!
I remember the days we were in for Bergkamp and Jardel.
They'd have made and their type would make the difference now!

I m must be right out the loop on football these days 90% of names that get punted about on here I have never heard of before
You’re too old to play champ man religiously and too sh!t at FIFA mate.

Don’t worry me too

I think they just won the league with him up front.

Was more sharing it because I thought they’d be putting out there because an article has surfaced

Found it

Found it

Excellent find.

The Young Boys beat FC St.Gallen, but the result becomes a minor matter - does Cedric Itten move to Scotland?

FC St.Gallen lost the last game of this crazy Corona season in Wankdorf against the Young Boys 1: 3. Especially in the first half, the Bernese show that they deserve the title. Cedric Itten does not belong to St.Gallen's lineup. The 23-year-old Basel should be on the move. Will he move to the Glasgow Rangers?

St.Gallen's line-up for the final game of the season with champions Young Boys is surprising in one position. Forward Cedric Itten, who did a hat-trick on Friday 6-0 against Xamax, is not even on the squad. This fueled the rumors of a possible departure of the best St. Gallen goal scorer, whose contract expires in a year. St.Gallen's officials are holding back as far as possible and point out that Itten is present in the stadium.
As the evening progresses, Itten may be switching to the Glasgow Rangers, and former Liverpool player Steven Gerrard, who coached the Scots. Itten is St. Gallen's best scorer this season with 19 goals.
St.Gallen may have found a replacement for Itten. Apparently, the eastern Swiss are interested in the former GC player Florian Kamberi. The 25-year-old Albanian international belongs to Hibernian Edinburgh and played on loan with the Glasgow Rangers.

Excellent find.

The Young Boys beat FC St.Gallen, but the result becomes a minor matter - does Cedric Itten move to Scotland?

FC St.Gallen lost the last game of this crazy Corona season in Wankdorf against the Young Boys 1: 3. Especially in the first half, the Bernese show that they deserve the title. Cedric Itten does not belong to St.Gallen's lineup. The 23-year-old Basel should be on the move. Will he move to the Glasgow Rangers?

St.Gallen's line-up for the final game of the season with champions Young Boys is surprising in one position. Forward Cedric Itten, who did a hat-trick on Friday 6-0 against Xamax, is not even on the squad. This fueled the rumors of a possible departure of the best St. Gallen goal scorer, whose contract expires in a year. St.Gallen's officials are holding back as far as possible and point out that Itten is present in the stadium.
As the evening progresses, Itten may be switching to the Glasgow Rangers, and former Liverpool player Steven Gerrard, who coached the Scots. Itten is St. Gallen's best scorer this season with 19 goals.
St.Gallen may have found a replacement for Itten. Apparently, the eastern Swiss are interested in the former GC player Florian Kamberi. The 25-year-old Albanian international belongs to Hibernian Edinburgh and played on loan with the Glasgow Rangers.
Still lol at "Wankdorf"

Out of contract next year and the club record deal is just over 2m, should be a reasonable outlay if there is interest

Must be some decent value players in that league. Bundesliga clubs pick up some decent players through the Swiss league.

Back