Cedric Itten scores twice before the half hour for Young Boys v Winterthur

Playing upfront with a partner seems to get the best out of him.

Something he would never get here and I failed to see why Gerrard wanted him given he wouldn’t play two up top.

A player who was never going to fit into the system here and I can Colak being another which is a shame cos he can finish.

Indeed, yet we signed him and made no attempt to adapt our system to play to his strengths

I suppose we also had Morelos and Roofe in decent form so less opportunities for him

Indeed, yet we signed him and made no attempt to adapt our system to play to his strengths

I suppose we also had Morelos and Roofe in decent form so less opportunities for him
I’m pretty happy that we didn’t.
We should only be doing that for top quality players.
Until then, acquire the players to fit our system.
Then one or two for when a change is needed.

He played through the middle a few times for us and wasn’t good enough.
The majority of his appearances were when we rotated. Obviously Morelos was fit and firing and never likely to be replaced but I'd like to have seen how Itten performed through the middle with our best players behind him

Just seemed a very weak centre forward. Never looked strong enough, physically or mentally. Just wasn't imposing any way. Was too slow as well, couldn't move his feet fast enough.

Good for him, glad he's doing well. It was an odd signing, he was totally unsuited to our system and Gerrard showed no intent in changing things at that time. Certainly he never wowed in his occasional appearances to justify a system change to accommodate him.

Clearly a confidence player, which is rough when you're getting dribs and drabs of game-time.

Is it correct we have a buy back option?
He could score 40 goals and I highly doubt we go back for him. That afternoon at Ross County last January was one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a Rangers striker, he was awful.

Just seemed a very weak centre forward. Never looked strong enough, physically or mentally. Just wasn't imposing any way. Was too slow as well, couldn't move his feet fast enough.

Agree with this. Also didn’t help that he was being compared/in competition with an in form Alfie who was rag dolling centre backs all over the place.

He could score 40 goals and I highly doubt we go back for him. That afternoon at Ross County last January was one of the worst performances I’ve seen from a Rangers striker, he was awful.

I liked the sound of his profile when he signed, breaking into the international side, good goalscoring record for a smaller club in a league that can't be any worse than ours, young, a decent, low-risk signing.

He came, he saw, he barely got a chance, he did very little with whatever chance he got. He left. At least we got a fee back and recouped something for a player that didn't work out, which was a step up from the Martin Bain years.

Seemed a nice guy, wish him all the best, but that game against Ross County was incredible. Never seen a player spend so much time in the box and never once interfere with play.

Said it a million times but he never got a fair crack imo. A very good finisher, actually very similar to a young Colak IMO. His problem is that we were (and still are to a degree) far too rigid in the system that we play.

I’ll always wish big Ced well in his career.

I like the big guy, great professional and, whilst not the most technically gifted forward in the world, he was brought in to offer us strength in depth in our 55 winning season.

He gave us a presence and scored very important goals (most so Motherwell at home in December) on the way to the title.

Glad he’s doing well.

Said it a million times but he never got a fair crack imo. A very good finisher, actually very similar to a young Colak IMO. His problem is that we were (and still are to a degree) far too rigid in the system that we play.
Totally agree - we are set up to accommodate Morelos or the Morelos or 18 months ago and any other striker struggles to play that system

I’ll always wish big Ced well in his career.

I like the big guy, great professional and, whilst not the most technically gifted forward in the world, he was brought in to offer us strength in depth in our 55 winning season.

He gave us a presence and scored very important goals (most so Motherwell at home in December) on the way to the title.

Glad he’s doing well.

Also the equaliser in the away game against them to preserve the unbeaten run.

Played his part in 55.

Seemed a decent lad and decent finisher

Struggled against physical defenders and couldn't play the lone striker role.

Oh oh Itten suddenly being reimagined as a better player than he ever was during his time at Ibrox. How we needed a number 9 to lead us from Jan last year, was it Covid issues ? Never seemed to ever be available last season when he was recalled.

55, Motherwell screamers. Thanks for the memories, never good enough.
Had his chance, Rangers no. 9a don’t get given a run of games. Hit the ground running, score goals, Arguably a better football player than Colak but AC does the most important thing better

Back