Club confirm Itten

You do wonder where Alifies head is right now ,his replacement has basically came in and is getting all the limelight ,I think he will want away ASAP ,but a part of me wonders if he looks and thinks look what I’m leaving ....for Lille

That’s good to know. Can you tell us all the score as well?

I'm only saying Morelos is not susceptible to Injury, we won't wrap him in cotton wool in a big game to protect a transfer, exactly the same reason we played him against Aberdeen.

He is our best player and we play him every game until he becomes somebody else's player.

I'm trying not to get too optimistic mate.

We absolutely, worst case, need Itten & a midfielder, but can we secure another forward
player if Alfie goes ?

We all knew we needed depth, let's hope the directors support our quest for 55.

We needed 3-4 more players even if Alfie didn’t leave as for me Murphy and Stewart don’t cut it , Jones is out in the cold and we have seen a few small flashes from Barker .

Another wide player attacking mid and an enforcer are required.

Great afternoon. I’m like everybody else and totally excited about Roofe and Itten but just as important was the signings of McLaughlin & Balogun. As mentioned above we have strength and experience throughout the team-if we can loan out or recoup some cash for the fringe players then one more midfielder and we are good to go.

Bang on mate.

Hope you're well.

Certainly an interesting all out attack option against the dross or when looking for a goal with 25 mins to go! We have a lot of technically excellent players in there too meaning the opposition won't get much change possession wise.

I think we'll stick to 4-3-3 so perhaps this allows us to push Hagi back into being one of 2 dynamic forward looking midfielders to accompany Aribo, with Jack sitting. Like this:

McGregor
Tav Goldson Balogun Barisic
Jack
Hagi Aribo
Roofe Itten Kent​

Exciting to have these options!

Roofe, Itten and Defoe to choose from.

2 years ago it was Morelos, Lafferty and Sadiq.

That's what you call squad depth.

I'm trying not to get too optimistic mate.

We absolutely, worst case, need Itten & a midfielder, but can we secure another forward
player if Alfie goes ?

We all knew we needed depth, let's hope the directors support our quest for 55.
The way were going were going to be spoilt. Roofe and Kent can switch sides.
Still 3-4 to come in I reckon.
Im effing buzzing now.

nah, Morelos will play on Thursday night. We're not daft. Neither Itten or Roofe can play on Thursday so we gain absolutely nothing from punting Alfie before Thursday.

On that basis - you’d be right.

However IF (big IF) the purchase of Roofe and Itten is to be funded by the sale of Morelos - we’d be taking an almighty gamble by playing Alfredo on Thursday.

Roofe is in.
If Itten is done before Thurs then I can’t see Morelos playing.
We might “delay” the signing of Itten just incase (ie Morelos gets injured and we can’t sell him means we pull the plug on the signing of Itten)

Plenty of different scenarios. It’s just great to be talking about new quality signings coming in and a huge money transfer of one of our players going out. Can’t remember when we were last in this situation.

Positive times indeed!

I'm only saying Morelos is not susceptible to Injury, we won't wrap him in cotton wool in a big game to protect a transfer, exactly the same reason we played him against Aberdeen.

He is our best player and we play him every game until he becomes somebody else's player.
A player can be not susceptible to injury and still suffer a horror challenge or a freak accident. The fact that we are spending millions on strikers would strongly suggest that a deal has been agreed. Again, the Aberdeen match was days ago, before we signed Roofe and likely Itten

Know nothing about him but looks to have a good record.

I'm guessing he won't cost too much, reckon we will still go for Maja if Morelos is going?
He’s a young Swiss international who’s been on fire last season. Transfermarkt values him at €4m

He will hardly have been a charity hand me down, but his contract expired next summer so hopefully not too much over his asking price.

We have probably spent the best part of £9m on Roofe and Itten so it’s doubtful we will be throwing much more around at strikers / forwards.

Ignore me mate, I'm just throwing a tantrum like a big baby cause we ain't getting Toney, I've no idea how our new signings would do, but I can see Gerrard's logic on buying who he's buying, to be honest with you, fits in Gerrard's system and ability to adapt when needed, now when the gaffer masters making the team be more than the sum of it's parts, then we'll see positive results and performance as the season goes on
Only playing...chuffed to be getting Roofe. He is a player.

Between two EL Group qualifications & hopefully a 20m transfer fee, he will have taken the club forward more than just about anyone in our history from a financial angle.

I'll miss the kid a lot. We've watched him grow up.
The boy became a man under our wings.

But it is probably time for him to fly off and make a name for himself elsewhere. He will get the best wishes from us - unanimously.

Only playing...chuffed to be getting Roofe. He is a player.
the fee is undisclosed, translated means, the selling club got nowhere near what they paid for him, which is a massive bonus for us, as we can go again in the market, I am curious as to how much we paid for him though, you any idea mate?

Morelos will go still think any offers for Kamara could be entertained and we will trim the squad further and there's plenty of time to do it.

There's probably another 4 at least that really we could move on with no real on field risk.

Might even get a couple of million plus for them too CB.

If this Itten rumour is true (and I'd be amazed as he's highly sought after and would be an unbelievable coup) , it's probably likely we've told Lille that we will only punt Alfie once we get replacements in.

the fee is undisclosed, translated means, the selling club got nowhere near what they paid for him, which is a massive bonus for us, as we can go again in the market, I am curious as to how much we paid for him though, you any idea mate?
The undisclosed fee could be translated as anything, the selling club got X but don’t want club Y to know what they can afford for player Z. I can’t imagine we paid anything less than £5 million.

I do agree Coop.

This is 100% the time for him to leave the nest, for many reasons mate.
Absolutely mate.

And it feels like a natural, nice and amicable conclusion to this chapter of his career and one where I believe the player, manager, players and fans are all as one with his move. A kind of unanimous "Thanks for the memories and best of luck"

All parties satisfied. Job done.

Absolutely mate.

And it feels like a natural, nice and amicable conclusion to this chapter of his career and one where I believe the player, manager, players and fans are all as one with his move. A kind of unanimous "Thanks for the memories and best of luck"

All parties satisfied.

I'd love to have been given the chance for us all to just show the kid our appreciation,
especially after everything those bastards in the scum support & media have treated a
young guy in a foreign continent, but maybe that's for another day ?

If this Itten rumour is true (and I'd be amazed as he's highly sought after and would be an unbelievable coup) , it's probably likely we've told Lille that we will only punt Alfie once we get replacements in.
The reason we got the lads in first is because if we sold Alfie for 25mil, every club will know we are loaded and Roofe gets 2 mil added to his value..Great business from Rangers

None whatsoever.

I think the going rate is 1 lesser talented Ferguson, 1 lipstick Dykes and 1angry Dean's boy.

I'd love to have been given the chance for us all to just show the kid our appreciation,
especially after everything those bastards in the scum support & media have treated a
Yes, the one thing missing would have been a proper send off at a full Ibrox.

Scenes!

Probably wouldn't have been a dry eye in the house mind you!

I agree, would have be nice for us to have been able to give Alfie a show of appreciation at Ibrox before he leaves us. He's been great for us and has a bright future in the game but this seems the right time for him to move on.

Of course, Lille qualified for the Europa League so.....just perhaps :cool:

I agree, would have be nice for us to have been able to give Alfie a show of appreciation at Ibrox before he leaves us. He's been great for us and has a bright future in the game but this seems the right time for him to move on.

Of course, Lille qualified for the Europa League so.....just perhaps :cool:

The fans love meant a lot to the boy Interbear, and just to give him a moment he will
always remember would've been really special.

Hope we don't draw Lille. I've often worried what he must do to our CDs in training :D

Some day to be out of action of follow follow!

Delighted at Roofe, this lad sounds promising too with that goal record.

we badly needed options in the forward areas, especially with 5 subs being allowed. If we could get on more attacking player I’d be delighted!

Back