Cedric Itten

Some folk are just an embarrassment to themselves really. On the Spurs documentary on Amazon they talk about foreign players they sign taking at least 6 months to settle and adapt, and they are signing at the elite level rather than the 2/3 million bracket we are.

Yet we have bangers desperate to write players off in less than 6 games never mind months, I hope they 2 goals yesterday really stuck in the likes of 'Gees' throat.

Some folk are just an embarrassment to themselves really. On the Spurs documentary on Amazon they talk about foreign players they sign taking at least 6 months to settle and adapt, and they are signing at the elite level rather than the 2/3 million bracket we are.

Yet we have bangers desperate to write players off in less than 6 games never mind months, I hope they 2 goals yesterday really stuck in the likes of 'Gees' throat.
I’ve always felt it’s really difficult to fairly and fully judge a player at our level until they are into their second season at a club. The stark fact is that we are rarely, if ever, signing the top class finished product. It’s either at the end on the downslope - or a player in development with everything still to prove.

Given where we were, the still limited resources, and the fact that SG basically had to revamp an entire club structure as well as a squad, while shopping in that market - we have done remarkably well.

But, FF and all that......

Here is just a wee sample of Gee’s pish.Itten dosen’t have any attributes such as physicality,abillty or mentality to play for Rangers whilst telling us that shankland has all these attributes to pull on a blue jersey.This is the pish we up are up against from the likes of his ilk.

I’ve always felt it’s really difficult to fairly and fully judge a player at our level until they are into their second season at a club. The stark fact is that we are rarely, if ever, signing the top class finished product. It’s either at the end on the downslope - or a player in development with everything still to prove.

Given where we were, the still limited resources, and the fact that SG basically had to revamp an entire club structure as well as a squad, while shopping in that market - we have done remarkably well.

But, FF and all that......

When the rumour appeared on here of him signing I watched his last game for St Gallen and he scored a hat trick and set up 2, he looked excellent.

Hes only 23, a Swiss international, so even for the daft it should have been obvious he had a lot more to offer than he had been given the chance to show, but he looked to be the main man at St Gallen, then all of a sudden he’s at a massive club competing with the likes of Morelos, Roofe and Defoe, it’s no wonder he’s looked a little overawed.

When the rumour appeared on here of him signing I watched his last game for St Gallen and he scored a hat trick and set up 2, he looked excellent.

Hes only 23, a Swiss international, so even for the daft it should have been obvious he had a lot more to offer than he had been given the chance to show, but he looked to be the main man at St Gallen, then all of a sudden he’s at a massive club competing with the likes of Morelos, Roofe and Defoe, it’s no wonder he’s looked a little overawed.
Long way for the lad to go, and a lot more bench. But a smashing step forward for him yesterday.

By the way, not at all agin him and Alfie playing up to together. That looked tasty.

Back