Cedric Itten

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Manager has called the line-ups correctly along with the changes!

Defoe in - scores
Roofe on - scores
Morelos on - scores

Patience is needed with the big man!

What do we think is going on with this guy?

Since that fantastic cameo at Motherwell a couple of weeks back he's barely featured which has surprised me, felt like that was the game that would really elevate his presence in the team but it appears to have went the opposite direction. I get he's got some tough competition ahead of him but is it just that? Carrying an injury? Not doing it in training?

The gaffer will have his reasons obviously, I'm just not sure what they are.

Young player finding his feet at the club. He'll have his part to play and will come good.

Slowest player at the club. Hoping his positional sense is good/comes on, as I do like him and hope he's a success. A fair bit of work to do to get there though.

I don’t particularly like Roofe as a no.9 I would prefer to see him play the 7,11 or 10 have Itten or Defoe as back up to Alfie.

Always thought folk were lying when they said stuff like this but....

I had a dream lastnight that he scores the 2nd in a 2-0 win tomorrow

Since that fantastic cameo at Motherwell a couple of weeks back he's barely featured which has surprised me, felt like that was the game that would really elevate his presence in the team but it appears to have went the opposite direction. I get he's got some tough competition ahead of him but is it just that? Carrying an injury? Not doing it in training?

The guy is a project if you ask me. In years gone by it would be unthinkable to pay £2.7m for a player (other than Pena) and for him not to play every week no matter what. It’s a measure of where we are as a club and a team and it feels good!
looks more than decent in flashes and doesn’t need to be shoe horned into the team.
Patience is indeed a virtue

Stevie should just leave team news on a sheet before matches and at every press conference with what’ll be will be on it.

Fair play to the staff for having the balls to put any of the strikers in if they feel it's right for the job in hand.
All four contributing and getting opportunities to play and stake their claim.

I like that.

I'm happy he is not only getting game time but that Gerrard and co have seen enough to trust him to start. You can see the guy has bags of potential.

You're probably right TBH. Although I actually thought he came to us with better match fitness than Roofe did who has featured more prominently, despite his injuries.

Perhaps it is just as simple as Gerrard easing him in gradually. Personally I'd like to see more of him when the opportunity arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back