Cedric Itten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really true, Morelos was starting just about every league game right from the off and was scoring goals. Albeit back then he didn't have the same level of competition Itten does today.
Morelos wasn’t ready when he first signed. He was scoring goals in cameos like I said?

I can't think of many that have come in and featured heavily from the outset under Gerrard. He seems to like to give players cameo's for quite a while - certainly the younger players he has bought.

He will contribute this season.

he's a young lad. the plan will be to invest time in him first to develop his skills further, get him training with the likes of Defoe and learning. I never expected to see much of him this season.

He's 24 next month so I'd hardly say he is "young" but given you think I am looking for something wrong you can be excused for talking rubbish here.
I get he's got some tough competition ahead of him but is it just that? Carrying an injury? Not doing it in training?

You're not looking for something wrong? You can be excused for posting rubbish too!

His time will come. He just has to be patient.. The lad will know he’s at a massive club and will realise he can’t just walk into the starting 11.

Whast going on with him?

Hes had a few knocks and is behind Roofe and Morelos in the pecking order.

He will get games, its a long season with a packed schedule.

Can’t see him featuring much at all this season as some one else said he could be on a programme to be physically prepared for more games next year when Alfredo will be away.

What do we think is going on with this guy?

Since that fantastic cameo at Motherwell a couple of weeks back he's barely featured which has surprised me, felt like that was the game that would really elevate his presence in the team but it appears to have went the opposite direction. I get he's got some tough competition ahead of him but is it just that? Carrying an injury? Not doing it in training?

The gaffer will have his reasons obviously, I'm just not sure what they are.
He’s there to progress, he’s not Gona be a first team player just now, I reckon it will be next season until we see more of him.

I think he’s shown enough to suggest he can be a good player for us. He can finish and has a great touch and vision.

I genuinely believe there’s a lot more to come from Cedric and will be a good signing long term.

Reactions: VGM
He has said in an interview that the gaffer has explained its a long term project with him. I like the looks of what we’ve seen in his short time, and if you consider the likes of borna, helander, aribo etc then I think we need to learn to keep calm on some players

The lack of patience and looking at the long term of some supporters is incredible.

For the first time in a decade we have a strong competitive young squad who will all play their part at some point.

There is no worry with this guy. The coaching team are managing him well. He is happy to be at the club and understands where he is and the situation. He will play a role this season, and will be important next season.

He’s a new signing, in a new country and he’s been injured.

I know it’s not a common thing amongst our support, particularly on here, but if we could all settle down and give the guy some time I think that would be for the best.

He just has to bide his time he will be a good player for us as he is big strong and has good touch we will need all the players this season.

I think it'll be next season before we see the best of Itten and Hagi tbh,some players take time to adapt to the game here.
As shite as it is technically the sheer physicality of it sees plenty of good players struggle for a while.
Borna being the most recent example.

No matter how good things are going folk always have to have 'concerns' about something.

Gerrard trusts him enough to throw him on at Parkhead, he'll be fine.

The Swiss actually finished their league season therefore Cedric was playing until 3rd August. He signed for us on the 4th and came off the bench for his debut on the 9th.

He'll still be adapting to the league and given he's not had a pre-season similar to his team mates i think it's fair to give him a bit of time to settle in. We're sorting goals from all over the park so it's not as though he's been expected to come in and hit the ground running.

I think we won’t see the best of him till next season like Barisic or Kent to a degree. It makes perfect sense to use this year to help him develop while Morelos is still here

He’ll get his chance but he’s rightly behind Morelos and Roofe in the pecking order. The likelihood is we’ll have potentially another 40+ games this season, he’ll play his part

The Swiss actually finished their league season therefore Cedric was playing until 3rd August. He signed for us on the 4th and came off the bench for his debut on the 9th.

He'll still be adapting to the league and given he's not had a pre-season similar to his team mates i think it's fair to give him a bit of time to settle in. We're sorting goals from all over the park so it's not as though he's been expected to come in and hit the ground running.
Great point Watty. I forgot he never got a break in between

Don’t think he’s showed much yet to demand a place in the 11 , great goal at Motherwell , but nowhere near first choice at the minute. Maybe one for the next couple of years rather than now.

No pressure for him to come straight in tbh. Happy for him to settle first, showed glimpses of what he can do when he’s been on.

The 3 strikers who have been selected ahead of him have all had a major impact in the last 3 games. He’ll get his chance, we’re just strong in that department at the moment, similar to the centre half situation.

He will get game time and it’s good that the pressure is off the guy given how things are going.

I also suspect we thought Alfie would have been away so he would then have featured more.

Good options on front areas and all will play their part in what will hopefully be a long and successful season.

I think it’s really good man management. When we bought Roofe we got an experienced striker, who can lead the line and play within the system pretty much straight away. He is used to British football and the conditions we have to play in.
Cedric has the luxury to bed in as a younger player, and find his feet, adjust to the system and to life in Scotland. I think he has a bit of experience of playing on plastic pitches in previous leagues, so that may give him the edge on certain occasions too.
I like the big man, especially his 2nd goal, a real sniffers chance.

Since that fantastic cameo at Motherwell a couple of weeks back he's barely featured which has surprised me, felt like that was the game that would really elevate his presence in the team but it appears to have went the opposite direction. I get he's got some tough competition ahead of him but is it just that? Carrying an injury? Not doing it in training?

His time will come he was bought for the future

It’s good to see that we finally have plans in place for replacing players that will be leaving.
Bassey for Barisic
Itten for Morelos
Patterson will be 21 when Tav is in his early 30s.
Even Katic and Edmundson will be reaching their peak when Goldson / Hellander leave or are getting on a bit.

I think he was signed with the expectation that Morelos would’ve been away. Itten will get his chance, he just has to be ready to seize his opportunity when it comes.

Reactions: TQ3
He's alright-ish and not ready yet to dislodge Alfie....same with Roofe who can't be fully fit yet. These guys need to train hard, and a chance will come.

I don't think there is a problem and he will offer us something different with his aerial ability.Last season 25% of his goals were headers.if Alfie goes I don't think Jermaine can play 2/3 times a week and I think Kemar will miss games based on his injury absences in the past few seasons.

I get he's got some tough competition ahead of him but is it just that? Carrying an injury? Not doing it in training?

You're not looking for something wrong? You can be excused for posting rubbish too!

I'm looking for the reason(s) as to why we think he might not be playing as much as we might expect on a football forum where we discuss and debate such topics. Big bloody difference between that and looking for something "wrong" as you suggested.

I'm looking for the reason(s) as to why we think he might not be playing as much as we might expect on a football forum where we discuss and debate such topics. Big bloody difference between that and looking for something "wrong" as you wrongly suggested.
Personally I think he’s playing as much as I thought he would, more so with Morelos staying. There’s overthinking it, he will get chances and I’m sure he will take them.

I think he better than Roofe !

He said himself he needs to bulk up to play in this league and I assume that’s what’s happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back