Cedric Itten

Tbf, he had a stinker tonight, amongst others. I can't see Cedric getting a run in the side now, especially in the title-run in. Too much of a risk. Despite the endless negativity surrounding Itten, he's not as bad as depicted. His confidence, however, is badly damaged.

I don’t think he’s looked very convincing since he’s came back. I’ve stood up for the big guy in the past and wanted him to succeed but I think it’s getting to the point that he’s not what we require.

Hopefully he can prove me wrong but I just don’t see it unfortunately.

It probably started because he had a decent few games in the Bundesliga including scoring against Bayern.

People rightly wanted to see if he'd perhaps do better now that he'd experienced a bit of that league, including the boss.

But no, he's definitely not the required level. Those three chances that went right to his feet, Defoe would've finished every one of those.

It started last season when Roofe and Defoe would play ahead of him in Morelos' absence because they're better than he is.

He didn't really turn in many decent performances in the Bundesliga. The Bayern goal was a bright spot but was a short cameo when his team were down 3-0 and Bayern were down to ten men.

He just doesn’t seem to have the instinct to be a good striker. Tried to lay off being harsh on him but we can’t rely on him to help out on nights like this.

Big 3 points tonight in awful conditions but Itten was awful. I struggle to see what he brings to the team.

He can't hold the ball up
Lacks sharpness
One paced

If we have to rely on him for any length of time we're in trouble
He also doesn't have any tricks to beat a man. Very wooden.

Ostenstad/James Beattie standard of performance.

No way back for me. If anyone is stupid enough to take him on loan we should jump all over it.

Offers nothing whatsoever.

Held it up OK at times, but that was about it, didn't really do much else. Just seems to be lacking a bit of aggression for me.

Big fella will probably end up at St Gallen or Basel or something. Best all round. But we ain't recouping the fee, that's for sure!

I have to concede I fought his corner last week but on the evidence of this tonight it seems I'm wrong and we cannot rely on him when needed. A piss poor performance for a striker and only circumstance allowed him to stay on the park so long.

I still think he will come good its only his 2nd game back from being away in a relegation battle in Germany, I think he will be given a chance until end of the season which I think is fair. I gave sakala MOTM but was a tough call as I thought Lowrey was excellent but also thought Tav had a really good game

Trying but nothing going for him. I can't mind seeing him in the second half.

I felt Wright was considerably worse. Some of his decisions were baffling.

I hate to say it but I knew we would struggle when I saw Itten's name on the team sheet.

We need another striker signed even on loan in my opinion.

He has never once had a run of games and has always looked like he is on the fringe of being settled. He has not done it yet, and the signs are not great, but I am reluctant to go in 2 footed on him yet.

Gerrard left us in some mess squad wise we have some absolute dross
I think that's a bit harsh this is the team that brought us 55, timing when SG went was not good but positive side is we have Gio now, we do not become a bad team overnight, we are top of the league cannot be that bad

Cedric is the reincarnation of big Colin West - he always looks like he's about to come good, he just needs a goal, he needs 90 minutes, he's been a bit unlucky, he's got some nice touches, he just needs the service...etc etc. I was desperate for Colin West to come good but eventually had to face up to the fact that he wasn't good enough. I'm afraid Itten probably falls into the same category.

Big 3 points tonight in awful conditions but Itten was awful. I struggle to see what he brings to the team.

Lacks sharpness
One paced

1000 percent m8. Nothing against the guy, but he's not going to cut it. His times up IMO.

Lacks sharpness
One paced

I’d be banned if I gave my sincere views on him but I’ll say this “ not the standard required of a Ranger “

Keep saying it and will keep saying it.

Not fast

Not strong

Not powerful

Not good in the air

Not good at linking up

He is ok at all the above. But not good in any department. Never a Rangers CF

I think you summed it up well but above all else he doesn't look a natural finisher either. Seems to be lacking confidence to take something on first time or play someone in.

Yea agree with loads of comments - nice big guy but not the level we require

Best he finds another club

Lacks sharpness
One paced

Exactly what I’ve been saying, he’s brain dead in terms of playing like a natural forward, we have all witnessed it first hand the season before and whoever bothered to watch his loan spell in Germany would have seen more of the same. I’m still dumbfounded at how many on here will argue the case that he’s capable, he cannot be anywhere near the starting 11 next wed.

Back