Cedric Itten

2 games back and already it’s get shot of him fu@&ing baffling he needs a run of games and will come good , plus the service tonight was nothing short of diabolical and imo if he had a strike partner it would help a lot
We could easily of sacrificed sands tonight to play roofe up alongside him

I think as a forward you have got have a staple - small & nippy, tall and a real threat in the air, a poacher or someone who can hold it up and get others involved. He doesn’t seem to have any of those characteristics. I defended him when he joined as he looked good playing in Switzerland. He looks to have got worse and not better.

He needs to get himself in the gym. He would get bullied in boys fitba never mind men's. Constantly pushed off the ball or nudged off of balance. He needs to work on his upper body strength badly.

I think he looks the type of player that will be a good partner but never a lone striker. He tried plenty lay offs and balls round the corner tonight, but nothing came off for him. Give him 6 months of upper body building and a partner and he could make it, but he certainly never will be a target man or solo striker.

A squad player at best at the moment and nowhere near the level needed to replace the buff.

so far off it. lowry put the ball 2 yards away from him for a tap in, and he still didn't get within a yard of it. dog slow.

Big 3 points tonight in awful conditions but Itten was awful. I struggle to see what he brings to the team.

He can't hold the ball up
Lacks sharpness
One paced

If we have to rely on him for any length of time we're in trouble
Nothing new tonight, he isn't terrible, he just isn't good enough.
I am beginning to think Scott Wright is much the same.
Both decent players but lacking in the quality that we require.

It is a shame Itten can't go back out on loan.
He would do more damage for Rangers playing for another SPFL club.

Watching Lowry play tonight we watched a footballer with a real football brain.
The lad is still immature physically, but the brain is already first-team level.
Quite honestly, had we played another lad from the B team who is impressing such as Weston, would he have done any worse than Itten?

Gerrard left us in some mess squad wise we have some absolute dross
Wilson is in charge of the recruitment why can’t folk see this ?? One of the main reasons gerrard left is he knew we needed new players and money wasn’t forthcoming for them. There’s only so long u can ask the same players to go to the well for you. Our most important and better players are the ones who have been here the longest and most cos very little or were free transfers . Our recruitment latterly has been pathetic

He doesn’t offer a lot, but then if we had anything approaching a full squad he would be nowhere near a first 11.

Squad player at best and even then that looks a stretch at times.

Completely ineffective. Nothing more to say really. Nothing against the lad. He's just not good enough

Can't belive we got rid of Defoe to bring this donkey back. There's a reason he couldn't get a fane for the team sitting bottom of bundesliga.

Don’t think he’s necessarily a bad player he just doesn’t suit our style of play. He looks like a big target man that would benefit from staying in and around the 6 yard box with crosses thrown in. Teams we play sit way to deep for us to have a player like that but that’s just my opinions

Lowry put in a couple of great balls first half, Itten was caught on his heels on both occasions and yards off it when both would have been tap ins.

I just think he isn’t of the quality required regardless of the ‘style’ we are playing.

Big 3 points tonight in awful conditions but Itten was awful. I struggle to see what he brings to the team.

He can't hold the ball up
Lacks sharpness
One paced

If we have to rely on him for any length of time we're in trouble
I'm going to call it now....he is done at Rangers.

No pace, can't run behind, can't hold the ball up, can't beat a man and can't win a ball in the air.

I get we were shite tonight but I said to a mate this could be the start tonight to make or break his time here. Failed miserably.

A forward that literally had his back to goal every time he had the ball, shambolic performance.

It was agonising watching Itten and wright tonight. I felt for both of them but if you want to play for Rangers you need to be good. They give their all but really and truly cannot be considered first team squad players. Awful

I said it from the start that he was a slight upgrade on Kamberi.
We really has some poor players kicking about.
We need this league so we can rebuild.
SG brung in a lot of dross when you weigh it up.

Prior to going out on loan, his hold up play and touch were his biggest strengths. But the guy looks shot of confidence, and we cannot rely on that if Alfie is away, and Roofe is battling to stay fit.
He shouldn’t be though? He knew had 4 games to really prove a point

I was criticised for posting about him after the Stirling Albion game because in my opinion a half decent striker would have got 4 but he just doesn’t have that killer instinct which when u add into the mix he doesn’t really have much else to his game then he is a man down sadly.

His performances were exactly the same in Germany as well, no fan likes to go in hard on their own but Cedric will never be a striker for Rangers

People exaggerated how good he was as a stick to beat Morelos and Gerrard with earlier in the season.
He's utterly hopeless and should never start games for us.

It was agonising watching Itten and wright tonight. I felt for both of them but if you want to play for Rangers you need to be good. They give their all but really and truly cannot be considered first team squad players. Awful
Scott Wright could have turned his night around not long before he went off, in that moment when the ball fell out of the air to him as he powered in on the right of the six-yard box.
All he had to do was keep his composure and turn a crafty low ball back across the goal where two Rangers players waited with the goal suddenly exposed.
Instead, he floated an overhit ball to the other side of the eighteen-yard box.

In that single instance, he proved to me why he isn't good enough.
He has a poor touch and very loose ball control, which I am sure drives Tav nuts, however, his turn of pace can account for that deficiency which is a fantastic asset, but only as long as he has a calm head on him and is able to make good decisions, ...what we usually call composure.

He doesn't have that cool head, instead, he is an SPFL headless chicken, and quite honestly I can't see it improving.
If his decision-making was better, he would push for a Scotland place because his turn of pace is something Scotland lack.
I don't believe he will turn this around but I certainly hope I am wrong.

Unfortunately just not up to the required standard. Previously, his biggest strength was coming on and holding the ball up, more often than not when we were running the clock down in a game, but even that seems to have gone.

His game is not suited to the Scottish league.
Never was. Never will be.

If Itten, and Wright, had taken a leaf out of Joe Aribo's book, about bulking up. They have had plenty of time to do so.But they didn't.
And as a consequence are no longer needed by us.
Both too light weight.
In Wright's case, sadly, the jersey is just too heavy.

Itten needs to go back to the continent next week... probably Switzerland, where he can carry on his career.Best for all parties.

No intensity or aggression to play a single striker role and looks like the shirt weighs too much for him. Wasn’t a fan before he left and wouldn’t gamble on him in a title run in. As others have said, would rather have had Defoe coming off the bench as an option

Can’t agree about Wright. He’s just a final ball off of being a really good player. He might get there in time. Itten will never get there. He’s Scottish Championship level,

He's a last 10 mins throw it into the box against ross county kind of player. I'm afraid it's not looking good.

I made my mind up after Malmo away he was never going to be up to the task.

No idea why we brought him back, glad he chipped in with a few goals last season, but simply cannot play on his own up front, and that's how we play

Back