Cedric Itten

Can’t agree about Wright. He’s just a final ball off of being a really good player. He might get there in time. Itten will never get there. He’s Scottish Championship level,
Wright is 23 years of age and you think he will still learn to have some kind of composure and a final ball? Fair enough boss but to me that can’t be taught not at that age. He panics when he finds himself in some space and it is so horribly obvious. I wish him well he seems a nice lad.

Front 3 tonight:

Sakala
Hard worker but final product lacks composure at times. Novo-type. Like him, but don't rely on him

Itten
Striker needs edge. Ced's edge level? A polystyrene sphere packed full of felt circles

Wright
Know the "Knows where goal is" thing? Scott more likely knows exact course of North-West passage. Has Munro-ish/Bjorklund-esque levels of assurance & self-belief when in good positions. Good ball skills, clever at times, let down very badly by Bottle-Boy transformation as soon as a chance arises. A real shame.
I think that’s harsh on Novo, although I know what you mean about him. Still scored some really big goals for us.

Sakala gets the ball cuts inside, runs into traffic and loses the ball.

Been given his chance now and has been rubbish. Lacks any pace, is cumbersome and doesn’t win much in the air. Will go back to being a bit part player now as not good enough for Rangers.

Horrendous player. Has no redeeming attributes other than possibly being a nice guy by the looks of it. If I never see him play for us again it will be too soon.

He had numerous chances tonight. The mark of a good striker is that you are going to score at least one of these. He's one paced, head like a 50p when heading, terrible link and hold up play. A really poor performance from him. We need better.

5 months in an absolutely shite Greuther Furth team has completely regressed him.

A year ago he's jinking past Lech Poznan defenders and blasting it into the top corner in the few chances he had to start a game and making the difference against stubborn Motherwell defences when he came on from the bench.

A year later, I'm not sure if he knows which leg is which and I don't know if he can actually beat a defender in the air or on the ground.

What on fucking earth were we doing in the summer?

Strikers have been a weak point for a good few years the last time we had a striker top the SPFL scoring charts was Morelos in 2018/2019.
We need much better it's why we struggle to finish games even when like tonight we have 70% possession.

Big 3 points tonight in awful conditions but Itten was awful. I struggle to see what he brings to the team.

He can't hold the ball up
Lacks sharpness
One paced

If we have to rely on him for any length of time we're in trouble
Can’t disagree, he’s had his chance. I would rather play Sakala through the middle when Alfie and Roofe aren’t available for any games.

He had numerous chances tonight. The mark of a good striker is that you are going to score at least one of these. He's one paced, head like a 50p when heading, terrible link and hold up play. A really poor performance from him. We need better.
I know Roofe is just back from injury but had he been on the park from the start and had the balls into feet that Itten had first half, I think Roofe would have scored. Roofe needs to start against Ross County then Celtic.

It looks a long way back for Itten regarding the fans. He was utterly abysmal tonight.

Wright has zero composure. He can beat players for fun then when it matters offers nothing. At best he's a bench player.

We really need a right winger this window. If he can fill in at CF the odd game, like tonight's, even better.

Prior to going out on loan, his hold up play and touch were his biggest strengths. But the guy looks shot of confidence, and we cannot rely on that if Alfie is away, and Roofe is battling to stay fit.
One defence.
before gvb when itten played under sg, he was coming on to play alongside another. Now, he is on his own in the middle, and he isn’t able to do it.

Lacks pace, positional sense and slow to react. Would be fine if we played an aerial game. Not seen much to get me excited about him but I do hope I’m proven wrong. Would like him to succeed.

5 months in an absolutely shite Greuther Furth team has completely regressed him.

A year ago he's jinking past Lech Poznan defenders and blasting it into the top corner in the few chances he had to start a game and making the difference against stubborn Motherwell defences when he came on from the bench.

A year later, I'm not sure if he knows which leg is which and I don't know if he can actually beat a defender in the air or on the ground.

What on fucking earth were we doing in the summer?
Far too early to write off itten and wright, tonight we had a horrendous swirling wind, people on here have been waiting on wright in particular having a mare and they are right he had it and have jumped on it.

He's really struggling, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and let's see what he has with a run in the team through the middle but he's really not cutting it imo

Reminds me of Eduardo Herrera. Not good enough. We should take what we can get in the summer and reinvest.

We’d have been better off keeping Defoe as our third choice striker till the end of the season

Got better on here with every game he was left out or out on loan.

No harm to him but he’s visibly a yard short everywhere. Whether it’s a yard short to get body in and hold up, or to get on end of a cross. Nearly gets there, but that’s not going to do for us.

It looks a long way back for Itten regarding the fans. He was utterly abysmal tonight.

Wright has zero composure. He can beat players for fun then when it matters offers nothing. At best he's a bench player.

We really need a right winger this window. If he can fill in at CF the odd game, like tonight's, even better.

I'm better than Wright and I haven't kicked a ball for years. Terrible footballer. Said on another thread but he's basically Gregg Wylde. All pace and nothing else. Decision making was appalling tonight...you could see his teammates getting pissed off with him.

Big 3 points tonight in awful conditions but Itten was awful. I struggle to see what he brings to the team.

He can't hold the ball up
Lacks sharpness
One paced

If we have to rely on him for any length of time we're in trouble
Was, isn't and never will be good enough.

If I hear one more "we can do without Morelos" I'll do time for somebody.

He’s not very good, wasn’t good enough last season, isn’t good enough this season. Doesn’t get into good enough attacking positions.

Prior to going out on loan, his hold up play and touch were his biggest strengths. But the guy looks shot of confidence, and we cannot rely on that if Alfie is away, and Roofe is battling to stay fit.
Don’t know what game that was in but I must have missed it.

In the second half the ball rolled to him in the box about 16 yards out right bang down the middle of the goal.

He was too busy looking at the ball trying to actually find it at his feet before he could even shoot.

I’m sorry but that’s absolutely woeful at this level of the game.

would love it to click for him, but it just won’t.

guy behind me said the QueenMary would turn more easily than him, thinking he might be right…

We could certainly do with a big target man type striker to mix things up a bit but sadly I don't think Big Ced's the man for the job!

Agree big Ced wasnt very good tonight, but Roofe did nothing either. Maybe there is something else wrong, that makes these guys look poor.

It’s a harsh public in here at times. I’m not sure why we are dismissing a player off the back of one game especially when he’s not played for three months - apart from one game on Friday in what was close to a bounce match.

It was a tough night for the central striker given how organised they were and given how many key players we had missing. His flicks are good but he clearly needs bodies close to him. Gio pls aying Sands and Kamara deep and Wright and Sakala very wide meant that didn’t happen. I think if Aribo and Arfield had started he would have looked much better.

Alfie has had plenty of poor nights despite getting to play just about every game as have Roofe and Defoe. Once Itten is sharp again I think he’ll give us plenty in Gios preferred system.

He doesn’t have the aggression to be a success in Scotland. I’ve backed him. since he arrived, however, he was abysmal tonight. He couldn’t take sweeties off a wain. He shouldn’t be near the squad along with Wright. They’ve not got the guts to be a Ranger.

Just back and thrown into a front 3 he’s barely played with, won’t get any bids this winter so may as well persist with him, will be useful in cup games imo

Want him to make it ……but……a diddy.

Sands ……a diddy.

Wright……diddy.

Sakala……less of, but still a diddy.

Roofe……bit of a diddy.

Diddy = Not good enough for Rangers at this time.

Want him to make it ……but……a diddy.

Sands ……a diddy.

Wright……diddy.

Sakala……less of, but still a diddy.

Roofe……bit of a diddy.

Diddy = Not good enough for Rangers at this time.
Roofe is a quality player I think, defo not a diddy

Itten just looks miles off the pace. The whole game passed him by. At least Wright was getting himself in the correct areas and giving himself a chance of some brain fart monents. Bottle merchant!

Last edited:
Back