Celtc Offer N'Tcham To Bordeaux

That may be but nobody that improves them is moving to Scotland without European football. All summer we've been hearing about our new players moving to experience the big European nights. No Rodgers and no European football, why would you move? Likewise if we had no Gerrard and no European football are you signing Defoe, Arfield and this summer Ojo and Aribo?
I'd take our squad playing twice a week over their current side playing once

Folk are getting way ahead of themselves. The current Celtic squad is good enough to absolutely scud just about every other team in the SPL. They have barely got out of 2nd gear domestically and scored what 12 goals? They are more than capable of coming to Ibrox and causing us serious problems if we are not 100% on our game.

How old are you? I ask this because there is a younger generation who have no experience of how much playing in the EL on a Thursday affects you domestically. It's massive.

Btw I think we are only 1 injury away from a serious impact in how we play. That injury is TAV. If he gets injured we pose no threat from our FB's at all. Thats a real concern. All this we are going to maul and scud them patter is far too premature.

We need them to be playing Thu/Sun as because right now our squad is nowhere near good enough to compete on both fronts while that mob are 100% focused on domestic games. Fresh and playing constantly before us. It's a massive advantage domestically.

I agree but for most it would appear to be different.
The problem is, it takes a massive personality to stay, to turn the performances around and subsequently turn the fans around.

The flip side of that, it would only take a hand full of really good performances to win a good chunk of the fans around. Fickle as we are

Folk are getting way ahead of themselves. The current Celtic squad is good enough to absolutely scud just about every other team in the SPL. They have barely got out of 2nd gear domestically and scored what 12 goals? They are more than capable of coming to Ibrox and causing us serious problems if we are not 100% on our game.

How old are you? I ask this because there is a younger generation who have no experience of how much playing in the EL on a Thursday affects you domestically. It's massive.

Btw I think we are only 1 injury away from a serious impact in how we play. That injury is TAV. If he gets injured we pose no threat from our FB's at all. Thats a real concern. All this we are going to maul and scud them patter is far too premature.

We need them to be playing Thu/Sun as because right now our squad is nowhere near good enough to compete on both fronts while that mob are 100% focused on domestic games. Fresh and playing constantly before us. It's a massive advantage domestically.
I totally agree with you.
We need them playing in the Europa league, i fear they would win the league if it was all they had to concentrate on and also had the added advantage of playing on a Saturday every week.

Lets not forget they had Turnbull in the strip doing his interview and everything, it has ben comedy gold this window ! the amount of knock backs they have had is incredible, a leaked transfer list that had us signing 2 players on itin the end :))

I see on Kds they still think man for man they have better players in every position, only Tav seems to get a mention sometimes for right back, complete fools !

Even if we pump them on the 1st there will be excuses and they will still have the best players in every position which is not the case.

Last edited:
They won't be pumping anybody. AIK are a decent side.

Financially it would be funny to see them papped out but to halt them in their tracks this season it would certainly help if they progressed to the group stages.

If we do qualify (fingers crossed) and they don't that will be a massive ask to play twice a week and still topple them imo.

Great post

I'm with you on all of that! But we are allowed to enjoy ourselves and dream, there's no lack of knowledge or inexperience in fans absolutely revelling in their Amateur hour and us being on the crest of the wave. It's what being a fan is about, the day to day highs and lows I for one will be enjoying the days at the moment.
They absolutely could win in 2 weeks but it won't be the OF games that win the league imo. I would never ever want them to win a game of Ludo let alone amoney spinning European run. Especially when there's no guarantee them playing Thu/Sun guarantees the league.
Would it be a valid point to say them losing in the Europa qualifier would be as detrimental to their bid for the title than having to play 2 games a week?
A loss and you're looking at a managerial casualty and player dissent, fan dissent and lack of quality signings!
Or 2 games a week, and tired legs over all of the above?
And I'm old enough to have Experienced 9IAR, Manchester and home and away up and down the Country in the lower leagues

I'm with you on all of that! But we are allowed to enjoy ourselves and dream, there's no lack of knowledge or inexperience in fans absolutely revelling in their Amateur hour and us being on the crest of the wave. It's what being a fan is about, the day to day highs and lows I for one will be enjoying the days at the moment.
They absolutely could win in 2 weeks but it won't be the OF games that win the league imo. I would never ever want them to win a game of Ludo let alone amoney spinning European run. Especially when there's no guarantee them playing Thu/Sun guarantees the league.
Would it be a valid point to say them losing in the Europa qualifier would be as detrimental to their bid for the title than having to play 2 games a week?
A loss and you're looking at a managerial casualty and player dissent, fan dissent and lack of quality signings!
Or 2 games a week, and tired legs over all of the above?
And I'm old enough to have Experienced 9IAR, Manchester and home and away up and down the Country in the lower leagues

No problem with folk enjoying themselves but to me it means nothing until we actually win something.

I hear what you are saying but the Europa is not going to sway players one way or another. By all accounts they are being linked with some decent players still so I'll wait and see where we are at the end of the trasnfer window. The FB situation is a major worry for me as like I say without TAV we lose all our creativity from the full backs. We need to address that.

They will make the same signings regardless of wether they qualify or not. They need to be playing x2 a week and on the back of some (hopefully) serious gubbings in the arse end of nowhere. If only 1 of us and them was to be playing in the EL this season I would rather it was them. It's an absolute drain on the squad. Something Carragher was talking about last night and its mainly the reason why most English clubs dont want to play in it.

As long as we are both in it it's fine.

…..It's an absolute drain on the squad. Something Carragher was talking about last night and its mainly the reason why most English clubs don't want to play in it....

If Carragher was saying that I hope someone asked the question about the CL. Similar number of games, same 'drain on the squad' - but they all just love to play in it. Rightly so. The English dislike of the EL is nothing to do with it being a 'drain on the squad', its to do with there being less money and little glamour.

Oh dear, their fans don't believe they even bid for him and are using the media to make it look like they are

CELTIC have missed out on Croatian wonderboy Luka Ivanusec — after he opted to stay in his home city.

Reports from Croatia claimed Celts had offered a deal worth a total of £4.5million for the Lokomotiv Zagreb 20-year-old, who’s already a full international.

I wanted us to go for this boy mate.

The actual fee Dynamo paid was £2.75m as reported. Laudrup97 posted his YouTube about 18 months ago. Good kid.

Just had a quick look at their results last season.

They played 6 games in the Europa League Group Stage, all on a Thursday night.
They played on the following Sunday 4 times (with 2 free weekends for Internationals).
Of those 4 games they won 1, drew 1 and lost 2.

It is a difficult call, would the psychological damage, fan pressure, Lennon going into meltdown and loss of Europa League money caused by losing to AIK, outweigh the physical demands of playing 6 tough midweek Euro games?

This is exactly why and ive been slated for it that I Hope they qualify and we go out at this stage because stopping them bastards doing 9 is more important to me than 8million and 6 Europa League games for 1 season. We'll recoup the money lost via Aflredo in the summer (It's innevitable) and stop them equally 9. We'd have 6 weekends where we'd play on a saturday and have the foot on their throats.

Again it's not just me with this opinion before the hordes start.

If Carragher was saying that I hope someone asked the question about the CL. Similar number of games, same 'drain on the squad' - but they all just love to play in it. Rightly so. The English dislike of the EL is nothing to do with it being a 'drain on the squad', its to do with there being less money and little glamour.

In England they can be playing the Sunday or even the Monday after a Tuesday/Wednesday game. The riches involved with the CL far outweigh the riches in the EL. You are playing in some of the farthest flung parts of Europe on a Thursday night and always playing on a Sunday in the SPL. We just dont have the squad to do that on our own this season. If we qualify that is.

I always feel sorry for English fans of clubs like Burnley that dont take it serious. For teams like that the chance to go to the san siro or Ibrox must be a pull. But the fear of relegation overrules them down there.

This is exactly why and ive been slated for it that I Hope they qualify and we go out at this stage because stopping them bastards doing 9 is more important to me than 8million and 6 Europa League games for 1 season. We'll recoup the money lost via Aflredo in the summer (It's innevitable) and stop them equally 9. We'd have 6 weekends where we'd play on a saturday and have the foot on their throats.

If they qualify and we don’t they will make approx £10m. If we qualify and they don’t. We make approx £10m. That’s a potential £20m swing. That’s a sale of Alfie.

Gerrard has built a squad to fight on all fronts.

They played on the following Sunday 4 times (with 2 free weekends for Internationals).

It is a difficult call, would the psychological damage, fan pressure, Lennon going into meltdown and loss of Europa League money caused by losing to AIK, outweigh the physical demands of playing 6 tough midweek Euro games?

Its an easy call. They would replace Lemon and get someone better in.

If we qualify we need them in there as well. Of course if they go out and we go through we will all lap it up.

I think we done ok last season but pretty sure most of our games were at home after the away legs?

If they qualify and we don’t they will make approx £10m. If we qualify and they don’t. We make approx £10m. That’s a potential £20m swing. That’s a sale of Alfie.

Has he though?

What if Tavernier gets injured? We would have %^*& all threat from the full backs. Thats not winning you the league, no chance.

We heard that shite before Cluj.

I said Cluj would give them a game and was ridiculed and I’ll say the same for AIK. The mutants WON’T get it easy.
If AIK stay can avoid a big defeat at the piggery then they'll

This post is far too sensible for follow follow

Surely at the very least you would want us to qualify and get the money we need and perhaps field our reserve team for these euro games ?

No, no and no. We’ve deliberately built a large, powerful squad to compete on multiple fronts. Do you really want a dozen or so players kicking their heels most of the season? We want competition, everyone getting game time and, most importantly, money and status.

Just to add. If they end up 6-9 points behind us and ultimately we get 55, the Stade de Gadd will go back to being half empty every week. That's what we need to happen. They'll fall off a cliff face. Liewell will bolt.

What happens if Alfie does a mols on Thursday? or Tav? Or Defoe?

We aint as strong as people think, we only just scrapped past Kilmarnock in the dying seconds

And the other teams would love to see us fail it'll be cup finals every weekend to stop us winning 55

I just think it would be best to fully concentrate on the League as we are going to need everything to click into place not just a poor c@ltic

We aint as strong as people think, we only just scrapped past Kilmarnock in the dying seconds

And the other teams would love to see us fail it'll be cup finals every weekend to stop us winning 55

I just think it would be best to fully concentrate on the League as we are going to need everything to click into place not just a poor c@ltic
Why use Killie as an example of where we are at ? hardly any team ever goes there and plays free flowing football

I get where you are coming from btw although im cool if they are in it as well. However in the scenario you mention I wouldnt be crying into my beer. He who laughs last laughs loudest. The only thing they have been knocked out off is teh CL, same as last year. They won a treble last year and it will take a huge effort to knock them off their perch. Are we capable? Yes, more than, but only if we are lucky with injuries and suspensions. If one of Alfie or Defoe got injured we are covered. Same with the MF. I wont to see a new LB that walks into the team as well as a new RB that can push Tav. We will need both imo.

Which is stupid really because with the money EPL sides have, any one of them who treats the EL seriously probably stands a decent chance of winning it, and with it a place in the following season's CL.

It will be interesting to see how Wolves get on, should they get past Torino. Realistically they are not going to finish top four in the EPL, so they should really be prioritising the EL. But they probably won't.

Its and buts work both ways. If we lost David and Arfield to injury... We'd still have Aribo, Jack, Kamara, King.

If celtic played the extra games and lost Forrest or Mcgregor, they don't have the depth to cover it in the same way.

Amazingly I believe we actually have a stronger SQUAD than them for the first time in a long time.

Which is stupid really because with the money EPL sides have, any one of them who treats the EL seriously probably stands a decent chance of winning it, and with it a place in the following season's CL.

It will be interesting to see how Wolves get on, should they get past Torino. Realistically they are not going to finish top four in the EPL, so they should really be prioritising the EL. But they probably won't.

It's funny how the first year there's champions league qualification to the winner of the europa league 2 English teams ended up in the final

Sorry, it doesn’t matter if it helps their playing thurs/sun, or the coefficient, I want them to get beat every time they play. I want them out of Europe, to pay massive compensation to the victims of the “open secret”, and the Co-op to call in their loan in full. I’d rather they were skint for a few years, that would level the playing field. I’m sure we have a squad capable of playing twice and I think the prestige of us being in Europe and them not, would more than compensate in terms of confidence, for them not having a euro game to worry about

You actually want us to get beaten while the Tims win? Get a grip of yourself.

Has he though?

What if Tavernier gets injured? We would have %^*& all threat from the full backs. Thats not winning you the league, no chance.
Players are just as likely to get injured in the league. In fact more so. Argument holds no water

It's incredible that you keep chanting this utter nonsense. You want us to lose v Legia, the filth to win and to sell Alfie to cover the losses. Have you recently fallen off a motorbike or something?

Why use Killie as an example of where we are at ? hardly any team ever goes there and plays free flowing football

If anything it's a point in our favour. Regardless of how pish they've been it's still an exceptionally hard place to go with a plastic pitch and how up for it they always are against us.

Getting a winner after conceding late proves strength. Strange example indeed.

Right now nothing. Lets see where we are at the end of the window. Its an area that concerns me a lot.
We aren't going to sign another RB though, mate. So if Tav gets injured, it's Polster at RB regardless. I very much doubt we're going to get in a LB of equivalent quality to Tav either. These are the risks that come with football. EL qualification is crucial.

For me if they fail to qualify for the Europa and don't beat us they will change the manager.

Back