Celtic’s New Chief Exec holds forum with their support

Stealing songs I is one thing but stealing Alex Ferguson’s ancient Noisy Neighbour patter is a brassneck.
They are trying to make us out to be annoying upstarts, we trounced them for Christ’s sake so STFU!

Obviously the new middle-class rugger type tarryer clumsily trying to curry favour with the lowest common denominator of the mhanky mhob and they saw right through him.

They are genuinely in shock at the rebuild on their plate
They should be.

No club should be in that nick going in to a new season.

Not even some wee diddy team with no budget and no long term planning.

The level of turnover they require is the kind of thing you see at an Airdrie or something who have released all their “high earners” to avoid going bust.

I’m not exaggerating when I say they have about 2 acceptable first team players, or will do when your Penoards, Elyonousis, Ajers %^*& off.

About 4 or 5 of their first team squad are loans who will return home.

Take out all those players and you’re left with:

Goalkeepers: None at required level
Right backs: None
Left backs: Taylor as back up. Need a first choice.
CBs: None. Welsh as a 4th or 5th choice now, long term project

Midfield: Turnbull and McGregor if he can find his form

Strikers: None at required level

Thats their squad.

Horrific.

Will be some turnover this summer

This is doing the rounds on WhatsApp.

All,

I have just came off zoom fans forum and to say I’m sitting here in disbelief is an understatement. Brian Wilson “there are lots of positives from last season. We won a quadruple treble”

Dominic McKay attended.

As an aside he stated he was a south stand season ticket holder but not when (last season/previous season/forthcoming season)

One thing I found unpleasant was he kept referring to Sevco as the noisy neighbours. Thought it lacked respect for his position. I raised the point that the blame for the fact that they are noisy neighbours lies squarely with the people in the room and building was not answered.

Anyway

He stated he has been impressed by his executive team and all departments of the business. He then contradicted this by saying every area of the club both business and football wise needs to modernise. A contradiction which carried on throughtout the meeting.

5-10 year plan – not finalised. His expertise is in Domestic & International transformation. CL sure to expand but we must respect history of clubs and their communities. His focus has been on the current structure whether that be Lennoxtown/people/etc. Said all great but needs to modernise. So clearly not great. He’s looked at other European club structures (not all football) and plans to implement best practise which clearly shows how far behind we are. Key focus is managerial appointment.

Reading between the lines and his answers to questions and online comments is that we are a shambles and a lot of work needs done.

FANS INTO STADIUM

McKay personally involved with SRU test crowd in Aug so knows all the hurdles. States 1k fans that attended was more difficult to organise/control/etc than a full stadium. Celtic have various models for whatever level of fans will be allowed into stadium and when. Attendees will not be postcode based.

He says he is in discussion with Holyrood/SFA/SPL on getting crowds back in. He is positive it will be in greater numbers than he had hoped for. Euro games a benchmark of 12k based on 1.5 metres social distance at Hampden. The expectation is for 40/50k at the Euro final. However he stated England were 2-3 weeks ahead of the curve than we are in Scotland.

Celtic have met every protocol and are ramping up to include those differences between Wembley & Hampden

SEASON TICKETS

This is where it gets incredibly worrying.

I can’t recall if it was Brian Wilson or Dom McKay who said “lets put last season to bed”. There will be no further added value on this seasons season ticket. This is a consultation period and we want your input. It’s 10 weeks to the new season ffs Expect next season tickets to go on sale end of May (basically as they don’t have a sales proposition). Then the begging bowl came out. Match Day Ticket income is 43/44% of revenue. Season ticket income is £25m. To give £200 refund to each season ticket holder would cost £10.6 million (various ticket prices). If we don’t get 53k season tickets full paid then recruitment will be effected.

30k took refund offered from 9 in a row season.

There was absolutely no plan or suggestion of a proposal from the club. Nothing. This was commented on in disbelief by various attendees

So basically they expect full season ticket price and full uptake whilst they don’t have a manager/squad/plan to get fans in stadium finalised

I would suggest 75% of attendees were sitting in disbelief as to what was being proposed. Forget last season it went wrong oh and gies your money. If you don’t we won’t get players

Anyway enjoy your evening
Ahh stupendous. Back in their box, quite right!

Not only still run by big bad Toaaaariees, but big bad business-incontinent rugby toaaariees!

That was thoroughly enjoyable reading.

~30k refunds

tenor.gif

They have to change there signing model this year. They will look for closer to home players instead of unheard of diddys from invernaewhere trying to find the next 20m player. That model has them right in the shit they deserve.

But as we know you never get 100% success especially when needing so many positions and that will hopefully be there downfall.

if you at this positively, we have a decent squad in place to take over, they need to rebuild and seem to need 53K season ticket sales to help start it!

Delicious!

“Reading between the lines and his answers to questions and online comments is that we are a shambles”

After the last 12 months they’ve had I’m stunned that they are surprised by this apparent revelation.
Lawell is a master at bullying and trodding on others around him.
He's obviously not an expert at keeping his own house in order.

Which is nice.
Much work to be done.

Maybe the 30,000 refunds are what Lawell and Lennon and others have slyly referred to when they’ve said Celtic have been hit harder than most by covid for reasons they wouldn’t elaborate on.

Lovely news regardless
The note said it was from their 9IAR season, i.e. the one cut short and trophy awarded by zoom. So thats what, 4 home games to be refunded for. How much would that be across 30k refunds? £3m?

Why Eddie Howe would touch that job still astounds me.

Always felt it was career suicide for him and reading this only strengthens that view.

The only way he’s taking it is if Pope Dermot is funding this all himself.

He had no choice - if they didn’t go for a ‘name’ they would would be lucky to sell 15,000 season tickets.

Like most billionaires, he’ll have done well out of the pandemic though.

The thought of them trusting the “Holy Grail of TIAR” to an omnishambles like Lennon, only to splash serious cash on a proper manager once it’s gone is one of the funniest things in Scottish football history.

Dermot is taking a Murray-like gamble that Howe will get them to the CL.

They’ve got some serious shit in the pipeline if he’s not an instant success for them.

The note said it was from their 9IAR season, i.e. the one cut short and trophy awarded by zoom. So thats what, 4 home games to be refunded for. How much would that be across 30k refunds? £3m?
I heard from a very reliable source (Parkhead contacts) they repaid £3.5m (I've posted this several times). Lawwell complained "its all the rich bastards who want their money back"

Asked in the other thread, anyone know what that cost them?

30,000 fans x 100 each say would be 3mil. Be interesting to know how much of a refund they got.

Also, were there any refunds for the current season? Because, with no fans in stadiums at any match, you’d expect those to be much higher.

Lastly, if they were asking for refunds during the season they won 8.666 and are spewing about this season, have no manager or story to buy in to for the new season, no mythical 10 to be won, you have to imagine sales will be poor this coming season.
The refund was around £120 iirc but that’ll vary by section with kids and concessions too. Maybe £80 average x 30k=£2.4m.

Les miserable shambles continues reality kicking in that the cluster %^*& season will not be a one off .
Effigies and statues that's the way foreword ,clear the shit out and bring
in the manure.

It looks like even the dimest of the uneducated hordes are beginning to see the real problems their rancid club faces. All caused by astonishing arrogance on the part of their management and SG.

When your common garden, close eyed, red faced, dark mono eyebrowed mentally challenged keeps yelling cash rich at you. Tell them they affected recruitment.

Sounds strongly like they are in no man’s land regarding the appointment of a manager.

“lots to be done but making progress”

whilst that could mean anything, it’s not an encouraging statement at all and from a person who is apparently an expert in communication (laugh - is there such a thing?!)

If you were in a good position you would say something like “we’re close to being able to confirm who will be the manager for next season and we think the fans will be really excited by the plans which are close to being finalised”

If the Eddie Howe deal was “done” and they are just waiting on seeing what back room staff are available etc then there would be no reason at all whatsoever to say that plans are close to be finalised. The new chief executive hasn’t even come close to saying this if those minutes are correct.

Notes from Fans Forum

Brian Wilson chairing the meeting :
Mentioned quadruple treble
Positives for Lennon
Positives for Lawwell

Season tickets lifeblood of the club
45 people on the call

New website
Fans forum page
Minutes on site or available from JPT

Parking
Put views to council. Mentioned cycle lanes
Away matches - anymore clarity on allocation of tickets

South stand facilities
Tommy burns statue or tribute
--

Dom McKay
He heads off for his retirement - DM on PL
Mentioned ESL was his first day
Celtic need to be ready and react to changes
He wants to meet fans early as possible he told PL that
Profoundly disappointing
Sufficating going for 10
Laser focused for success
Competing in Europe
Speaking well so far. No much soundbites

Managerial front
Lots happening
Frustrating it's taken so long
Making progress
Engage deeply with supporters
Big challenge from noisy neighbours

I Asked DM about Europe and where he sees Celtic playing in 5-10 years.
CL will expand more games
Need to be respectful of various leagues
Aim for succes in the league and then take it into European football

DOF and structure question answered by DM
Modernising the club
Quality of our structure but needs to keep evolving as a club to be successful
Focus on manager first but also keep evolving in other departments

DM - Supporters back in the ground
Experience working with Scottish and UK government
Been in contact with Scottish government
Confident of decent numbers coming in this season more than he expected
40-45k in grounds around time of Euro finals
We could have reasonably large numbers back by start of season subject to Covid.
Club working and fine tuning plans to give to relevant authorities and change any details that need to be
This weekend may harm(George square) . The way we behave will help us get back.
Do what we can to help to club get fans back.
Various forums and other fans - work together to get the fans back.

Fan - more clarity and communication from the club needed
Can let actions of any other clubs dictate what the rest of the football
Strong position from club needed in regard.
DM raised the point to authorities actions of other fans not representive of football in general.

Would it be specific fans back or would it be postcode?
DM - raised with SG. Making the case not to discriminate to any fans in regards to where they live
Complicated situation which has to be remembered
Club may need to over communicate in regards to getting back in the ground

DM - we need to address the disconnet with fans

44% of our revenue is season book and match day ticket sales
“It’s true, all of it”
“Woooonderful”

I'm hopeful they're about to go through a similar downsizing process that we went through after Advocaat. It looks the same from the outside, massive success over a decade or so but a rot sinking in at every level in the club with a huge wage bill that needs to be cut to a more manageable level.
It’s Gona be far far bigger than what we went through with advocaat. Delightful.

Asked in the other thread, anyone know what that cost them?

30,000 fans x 100 each say would be 3mil. Be interesting to know how much of a refund they got.

The 20% refund figure mentioned earlier would suggest it would average £100 and the £3m you have stated.
I think that they are , for this reason , are not giving any refund for this season. They legally can get away with that as people bought it in full knowledge that they might not get to see matches live , unlike the 8.75 season.

I haven't ever believed the Howe link and to be honest their PR reads to me like they are setting the fans up to be dissapointed. The letter last week and now this - sounds like their trying to lower expectations.

As utter pish as they've been this season, a poor managerial appointment lets say with an even poorer record in the transfer market could set them a good few years back.......

Why Eddie Howe would touch that job still astounds me.

Always felt it was career suicide for him and reading this only strengthens that view.

Eddie Howe will be a bigger disaster than Shane duffy for them

I am very confident about that

Remember the Steve Clarke press conference when he let his mask slip?

Eddie Howe will burst out in tears as soon as he gets pulled up in the street

He’s definitely not made for the football up here

Back