Celtic’s New Chief Exec holds forum with their support

I didn't even especially understand what they meant by added value tbh? I bought my season ticket this time last year not expecting anything, essentially it was a donation to the club and me keeping my seat. And the access to RTV, which on the whole was really good.

What else were they expecting?

now I know that we have been in a different financial situation in the past ten years and know how important our season ticket money is, so there’s already that emotional pull that has been lost over there.

however, the fact that we have actually sold out our season tickets in previous years and now have a waiting list was an additional incentive that they didn’t have.

bisgrove was also throwing around the added value terminology too, which basically amounted to an extra rtv preshow that I can’t say I’ve ever been motivated to watch.

I’m aware that I’m always on the unstaunch side of these arguments, but I think that there is some merit in the idea that the season ticket sales money could have been seen in a similar fashion as the soft loans that are converted to equity. Would have given a decent bump to club 1872

It makes you wonder, was Liewell really a good CEO?

As it looks like he has been asleep at the wheel for the last 2 or 3 years.

Celtic fans, best fans in the world but when the club offers a refund that could hurt them financially if they take it, then a large majority of their fans take that refund. Then ask why there might be no money to spend???

No DOF, no manager, by the looks of it potentially next to no players come summer time and they still haven't put out their season ticket renewals. How can their renewals not be out yet?

They are in a fair bit of disarray if those meeting notes are true.

We really need to keep applying that pressure, we need to keep putting them down.
He manoeuvred and connived behind the scenes. Pretty much the MO of your average bheast.

5--10 year plan .....not finalised....how can they ?, they might not be here in that space of time.....but for the silence of the sinecures , the same ones that participated in trying to kill us off , the stain and stench of tim would be gone.

Could this guys interpretation be a noise up?

You’d think so given how badly it reads for them. Is it reported in the press about the 30k anywhere?

Is he?

I think the 'half of nothing' , 'the noisy neighbours' and the 'season ticket in the South stand' are good indicators that he will be as hate-driven as Lawwell.
I was alluding to the fact that McKay comes from a completely different social upbringing from Lawwell. I wouldn't say he is as " Streetwise" in any shape or form. Any fool can try and win over the hordes with platitudes.

The club is in a very poor way at the minute, and the board should resign because of their gross mismanagement. We have went from being comfortable and dominant, to needing an entire overhaul of the playing squad and management with cash reserves depleted. Fan engagement at an all time low. The people in charge have to be held accountable. Their days of riding the gravy train should be over. This season has exposed them for the lazy, greedy charlatans they are. They are ripping the heart and soul out of Celtic, but doing it in a way that is costing the club millions and setting us back years

Inject that into my veins!!!!

Isn't it unbelievable that this mob have had:

• Wee Fergus to rebuild their stadium
  • GCC / Comm Games money to redevelop the Sharkheid area
  • Land sold to them for a pittance by EDC
  • Rangers kicked out the top flight for 4 years & financially crippled
  • Free runs at European income
  • Disco lights and statutes :)

And here we are in 2021. Rangers 55th Championship.
  • Their stadium unimproved, undeveloped & degrading
  • Other than public handouts, not a single private investment in Sharkheid
  • Noises that Lennoxtown is not good enough & will be sold
  • Lying about being cash rich and celebrating corrupt competition
  • Embarrassing performances in Europe, revealing their true level
  • Fans asking for ST refunds whilst wanting Rafa Benitez as manager
Played their joker in 2012 and 9 years on its RANGERS that has emerged stronger :)

Priceless.

Last edited:
If this goes tits up for Howe it could genuinely finish him from managing in the EPL again.

It's a gargantuan job needing to be done and their gullible fans still don't see it.
They are where Gerrard was when he came in

an impossible task to catch up in one window

their squad depth will paper thin

there’s no wat they can mount a title challenge

they just can’t see it

I have to ask, is everyone passing comment on those taking refunds a season ticket holder themselves? even though we’ve won this year, I’m hardly delighted that I basically had to donate £500 this season to keep my seat.

I didn’t claim my refund last season, and nor did I claim the voucher that was offered (£25 or £35 I think it was?).

We were all aware of the potential of not being able to see our team this season but, unlike you, I am absolutely delighted I was fortunate enough to be able to help fund the club, and feel a sense of pride at having contributed to its success during a difficult period.

What we’ve done together this season is incredible, and nobody was forced into doing anything.

The funniest thing is, the orc fans think they should starve their board of even more money so they can get rid. It's the fans fault for not being quite so "faiful fru and fru" and taking laughable refunds that makes their position all the harder.

Strike Declan, strike, not a penny moar!!!

Eddie Howe will be a bigger disaster than Shane duffy for them

I am very confident about that

Remember the Steve Clarke press conference when he let his mask slip?

Eddie Howe will burst out in tears as soon as he gets pulled up in the street

He’s definitely not made for the football up here

by the time Howe’s finished filling the team with English u18s, Dom McKay will be leading the green brigade in a rendition of Jerusalem and Swing low sweet chariot

I have to ask, is everyone passing comment on those taking refunds a season ticket holder themselves? even though we’ve won this year, I’m hardly delighted that I basically had to donate £500 this season to keep my seat.
I am. No one forced me. No one forced you either.

You didn't 'have to'.

come on. to retain the ability to buy a season ticket as we previously knew it, then we all did have to.

I think that we can all disagree about personal enthusiasm to pay the money, but it’s disingenuous not to consider that supply/demand was a factor that other clubs, them included, didn’t have to deal with

come on. to retain the ability to buy a season ticket as we previously knew it, then we all did have to.

I think that we can all disagree about personal enthusiasm to pay the money, but it’s disingenuous not to consider that supply/demand was a factor that other clubs, them included, didn’t have to deal with
Aye, it would have been much better to have saved the money to be spent on beer and be in the position the filth are in now.

No it's the biggest global messaging app in the world with over 100 billion messages sent through it per day.
And still less reliable that someone seeing X in Homebase .

On the brightside they are screwed and it's been a thing of beauty watching the token in my work come to this realisation!!

I have to try and be nice to people complaining but your £500 helped pay the wages of those who delivered 55. Do you really not get that?

It makes you wonder, was Liewell really a good CEO?

As it looks like he has been asleep at the wheel for the last 2 or 3 years.

Celtic fans, best fans in the world but when the club offers a refund that could hurt them financially if they take it, then a large majority of their fans take that refund. Then ask why there might be no money to spend???

No DOF, no manager, by the looks of it potentially next to no players come summer time and they still haven't put out their season ticket renewals. How can their renewals not be out yet?

They are in a fair bit of disarray if those meeting notes are true.

We really need to keep applying that pressure, we need to keep putting them down.
The board invested heavily in the team in a final push for 10. The recruitment was dire but I don't think that's the board's fault. They backed lennon, that was always going to be their downfall. The fans took refunds in an attempt to force change and to let the board see that they're not reliable cash cows. The bonus for us is their radicalised fans are quite happy to band together to hurt the club to get their own way. It's still happening as we speak. Resultamundo.

Suspect that after the cup final they will announce Jack Ross as their new manager. His wage demands will be much more modest than what Howe would accept and his response to the what school did you go to question will be favourable.

We paid our money with our eyes wide open and to get a team on the field to deliver, they have in spades, you might feel ripped off but I'd imagine you're in a minority of one.

If 30k wanted money back for losing 25% of the season then how many are going to want money back for losing 100% or the season of did they change their T&Cs to stop them being able to claim at all?

You didn’t have to do anything. I’m a season ticket holder and I was happy to support my club and for them to do the best they could under the circumstances. Not the clubs fault.

Could this guys interpretation be a noise up?

You’d think so given how badly it reads for them. Is it reported in the press about the 30k anywhere?
It came directly from a meeting with the people who’d know. Why would a daily record article be more accurate or the lack of an article disprove it?

Rangers will have a good idea whether season tickets will sell out again for next season by the time they put there's on sale.

Meaning we will be able to plan ahead while they won't know what kind of budget they are working with.

Crazy how disorganised they are.
The new manager will have to be appointed to rally the cause with the rebel version of "Let's go" before the season ticket request can hit the inbox.

I don’t read anything in that that’s surprising or makes it sound like it’s made up. Actually, it’s exactly what I’d have expected to read. Doubt it’s made up.
Agree. I genuinely believe they are f()cked without massive investment. I can’t see that creepy c()nt Desmond digging deep.

scumbags.

It seems obscene arrogance is baked into their DNA.

"Noisy neighbours"?

Noisy how? Because we didn't bend over and shuthefuckup when they were being awarded their .75 title last year? Because we pointed out how ludicrous the process was and the laughable inconsistencies over the Dundee vote fiasco that helped them to that "title"? Because we're Champions and have appropriately and deservedly celebrated our title win? What exactly are they talking about?

They're arrogant, delusional bastards and I hope they're suffering greatly from this "noise"

This was for their 8.75 in a row season where they attended the majority of the games.

I understand the position is difficult with no access to games but I think the majority of our support realise that the financial backing has to come from fans whether that is for share subscriptions, season tickets, Rangers TV or £7 chocolate bars.

Think its a bit off people piling on the guy about the £500 comment.

The issue isn't with the odd fan on either side who has felt the pinch during covid. Its that 30k of the self proclaimed greatest fans in the world claimed the refund during a "successful" season where they saw about 80% of games. 30k is probably what, at least 2 thirds of their ST holders.

Without knowing the one guy on here's situation, he's asked a perfectly reasonable question. He still paid his money to retain his seat and we have no idea whats going on with him outside of FF.

About half a dozen posters have had a dig at him now. Maybe time to let it drop?

Think its a bit off people piling on the guy about the £500 comment.

The issue isn't with the odd fan on either side who has felt the pinch during covid. Its that 30k of the self proclaimed greatest fans in the world claimed the refund during a "successful" season where they saw about 80% of games. 30k is probably what, at least 2 thirds of their ST holders.

Without knowing the one guy on here's situation, he's asked a perfectly reasonable question. He still paid his money to retain his seat and we have no idea whats going on with him outside of FF.

About half a dozen posters have had a dig at him now. Maybe time to let it drop?

It wasn't an affordability issue though, it was a value issue.

Struggling to buy a ticket due to the circumstances of the pandemic is different from basically saying we were ripped off when we knew what we were getting in to.

It wasn't an affordability issue though, it was a value issue.

Struggling to buy a ticket due to the circumstances of the pandemic is different from basically saying we were ripped off when we knew what we were getting in to.
I don’t think anyone fully knew what we were getting into.

I’m amazed at anyone who renewed that could look at this season and not be absolutely delighted with what we got for our money.

Back