Celtic 0 Rangers 1 November 1992

Cracking video thanks. Also it's a good video for showing what a dump Celtic Park was and still is, we have the Bill Struth Main Stand which is iconic and symbolises Rangers throughout the world.

They still have that midden of a Main South Stand, that despite all their "riches" they have never really changed.

" A classic counter punch by Rangers ", from the bitter McNee. That Rangers team were never solely a counter attack side. They could adapt when needed, and they did.

Stuart Slater, no doubt heralded as the next messiah. Pish for a year and back down the road

We had a banner to that game with “ mike Galloway owes Skippers £50” due to him bumping the pubs tic book, it made front pages on the Monday morning with him going mental about it :))
The pub got the money and it was used to buy our bus a beer each.

Was it not on someone's recollections with si ferry McCoists I think, who said that after the Leeds game they went out and had a few beers in Manchester as that's where they were staying.

Stuart McCall had a bit too much and Smith wasnt impressed with him in the morning saying we had another big game at the weekend.

To which McCall replied, it's only Celtic gaffer.

Is it true Dale Gordon never played in a losing Rangers team?

I'm certain he played in an end of season 0-3 defeat to Partick Thistle that year.
And he might have also played in the 3-4 at Dundee at the start of that season.

I was a bit late getting to their midden that day, not long after kick off off time though, and Stratchclydes finest wouldn’t let me in as the Rangers end was at capacity. At least a couple of hundred or so bears also locked outside with tickets trying to get in also.

I eventually did get in, but wasn’t until after Durrant had scored. Think they also let bears into the police enclosure to our left that day.

God knows how many Rangers end tickets they had sold, but sure enough the enclosure was dangerously close to busting that day.

They cheated the tax man for decades, but that’s just brushed under the carpet with all their other sordid doings.

The Saturday after we won at Leeds. Probably still partying till the day before!

Under pressure for much of the game, this was a team who had a goalkeeper and defence that just hated to concede goals, and found a way to win no matter how they played.

That season epitomised will to win, bravery, no little skill of course and sheer bloody mindedness. All in abundance.

Every player at the top of their game.

Stuart Slater, no doubt heralded as the next messiah. Pish for a year and back down the road
Stuart Slater was a very good player for West Ham.

I am sure Celtc played him as a centre forward at the start of his career there which was never his position. By the time they switched him his confidence was shot.

Watching that again, Huistra came on for Brown at half time.
Dave McPherson went to centre half, can't figure out who went to right back.

Pumped Leeds at Elland Rd on Weds and then pumped the mhockits at their own midden on the Sat.
We've had worse weeks.

Went to this game without a ticket and couldn’t get one up until 2.55 when standing at the lights on London Rd / Springfield Rd giving up hope on a ticket a black Audi car with tinted windows pulls up , windows roll down and a mysterious man wearing shades club suit and tie hands me a ticket as I go to my pockets for money he says “ take it wee man ( I was 17) , then drove off.
I rushed to game and caught up with the rest of the boys at the usual place we stood at that hovel, great days.

The Saturday after we won at Leeds. Probably still partying till the day before!

Under pressure for much of the game, this was a team who had a goalkeeper and defence that just hated to concede goals, and found a way to win no matter how they played.

I was pished that day and my mates couldn't be bothered with me coz all I wanted to do was talk shite. Went to the toilet and we scored. Not my most memorable game

Went to this game without a ticket and couldn’t get one up until 2.55 when standing at the lights on London Rd / Springfield Rd giving up hope on a ticket a black Audi car with tinted windows pulls up , windows roll down and a mysterious man wearing shades club suit and tie hands me a ticket as I go to my pockets for money he says “ take it wee man ( I was 17) , then drove off.
I rushed to game and caught up with the rest of the boys at the usual place we stood at that hovel, great days.
That's brilliant mate

was great going there during that period with that team, because we knew they would fight till the end no matter what...brilliant times ....was that during our 44 game unbeaten run aswell ?

So many memories brought back....must have watched that hundreds of times as a boy on the video tapes that were brought out at the end of each season

Was it not Leeds, Celtic & Aberdeen we beat in one week? I may be wrong

Just checked and

21st October - beat Leeds 2-1 at Ibrox
25th October - beat Aberdeen 2-1 in LC final
31st October - beat Motherwell 4-2 at Ibrox
4th November - beat Leeds 2-1 at Elland Rd
7th November - beat scum 1-0 at Piggery

Last edited:
Winners all over the park for Rangers in them days. The sight of Brown ripping into Dale Gordon sums up the spirit of that team perfectly.

Just checked and

21st October - beat Leeds 2-1 at Ibrox
25th October - beat Aberdeen 2-1 in LC final
31st October - beat Motherwell 4-2 at Ibrox
4th November - beat Leeds 2-1 at Elland Rd
7th November - beat scum 1-0 at Piggery

Some run of results that!

Back