Celtic 10 years of fines but no closures

Exactly, I don’t get what’s hard to understand for some people...if you do a “crime” think a judge is going to let you off cause the police were following you around and watched you do it, or the other offenders got less time cause they’ve not got as much previous

It's so painfully simplistic, the fact I've spent a large chunk of my time explaining it makes me think the warning wont be heard by some. Which would be hilarious if the implications weren't so bloody dire for our football club.

There spl ties no uefa, uefa don’t give a fck about domestic competition there bothered about European games, what’s so hard to understand?

Are the SFA and the SPFL bound by UEFA rules?
Are there UEFA rules that don’t apply in Scotland?
If it’s offensive, racial or sectarian in Europe, is it less so in Scotland?

I’m not trying to justify our supporters offending under these rules. We’ve known for a long time that the constant references to ‘19th Century Terrorist Blood’ Bobby Sands’ The IRA etc would eventually incur sanctions.

I’m just wondering why these offences result in UEFA closing down 3,000 seats for a European match, while an organisation under UEFA don’t take similar measures against a club whose supporters make regular references to ‘19th Century Terrorist Army’, ‘Hun Scum’, ‘Bloostained Poppies’ hanging effigies etc in domestic matches.

Rules apply to everyone or no one. What’s hard to understand about that?

I made this point on another thread.

15 charges in 12 years including two opposition players assaulted on the field of play...

...£237k of fines.

Naughty song sung that in reality offends no one = 3000 seats closed (lost revenue of around £87k too).

We're up to our knees in something, that's for sure.

So let me get this right posters on here believe if we cut out the add one and stop the Billy boys we will be fine and we won't be targeted?

Have a look at uefa disciplinary list, takes 5 mins, 5 clubs have been given partial/full closures for European matches in August alone, take your head out the sand johnpk

Have a look at uefa disciplinary list, takes 5 mins, 5 clubs have been given partial/full closures for European matches in August alone, take your head out the sand johnpk

Missed my point completely, didn't you FG2817?

Read it again.

Exactly, we are not the only club bing disciplined others have received far worse penalties

Missed my point completely, didn't you FG2817?

Read it again.

No your missing the point, we’ve got an argument with spl, we’re one of the 2 big fish. We’re nobody to uefa and there clamping down on it so us and countless others are being made examples of whether we like it or not

I mean people like you who are so deluded you actually have this crackpot idea that if Rangers fans stopped singing x OR y the this would all just go away...seriously blinkered

Yep would be on to phase 2 , these c,unts make me really hate football .

Which is why the racist angle as opposed to sectarian singing was twisted against us so as to try to justify the punishment of closure.
I think the actual term UEFA use is “racist and discriminatory behaviour”, but we’ve latched onto the racist part as a way to show that it must be a witch hunt because it isn’t racist.
When UEFA asked the SFA if 19th Century Terrorist was offensive, the SFA said that half of Celtic fans probably wouldn’t be offended, and the other half might be. UEFA said that with it potentially being offensive to such a large number of people, that it is not allowed. Looking at UEFA’s rules, they clearly state what isn’t allowed, and we have clearly fallen foul of that. It’s not racist behaviour, but it is against the racist and discriminatory behaviour rules.

Scum don’t sing sectarian sings in UEFA competitions nowadays. They can do it in domestic competitions but they know Uefa will come at them if they do in Europe. So they don’t. We need to do the same
Didn,t they sing sad orange bastard when they played Ajax a few years ago.

I don’t know where you’re coming from here.
They sing “soon, they’ll be no Protestants at all”
Read that again, Protestants.
What about “Orange”?
I fully accept “orange” doesn’t necessarily mean “Protestant” but “19th Century Terrorist doesn’t mean “catholic” either.
I am not going to defend those singing FTP or decrying 19th Century Terrorists eulogising a terrorist, but let’s get the facts right.
didnt know we had Roman catholics in the Orange order always thought it was a Protestant fraternal order where as not every catholic is a 19th Century Terrorist and not every 19th Century Terrorist is catholic. agree its not sectarian which am sure if the scum was getting charged with using it there would be a pair of bigoted boots on BBC screaming its political not sectarian

agree people need to wake up and things need to change and when they do it will come back to bite the scum in the arse with their songs.

The Boys of the Old Brigade’, ,Celtic Symphony. . ‘The Foggy Dew’, ‘Joe McDonnell’, ‘Let The People Sing . ‘The Merry Ploughboy’ Roamin’ in the gloamin’ ,just some of their songs

As things stand - the whataboutery gets us no where
That's because those who control the narrative don't allow us to get anywhere with it.

'whataboutery' is a word coined by people with an agenda which seeks to attack Rangers, Rangers fans and Rangers culture. They are not interested in tackling sectarianism or any other sides bad behaviour, they only want to harm and attack us. That word therefore is wheeled out to shut down debate and keep the focus on us with the idea that "Rangers are bad".

If you look over the past five to ten years, our support is actually much better behaved than a good few others, Them being the obvious ones, but Hibs and Aberdeen have done/sung much worse than our support.

Celtic have had numerous fines from UEfA for their fans behaviour, their fans have attacked a PSG player on the field of play, they have thrown missiles at Kris Boyd whilst howling sectarian abuse at him, they have hung two blow up dolls inside their own stadium in a mock execution of a Rangers fan and a Protestant under the banner 'Know your place Him scum" and much more. That is clearly worse than anything we have done in the same time yet if this is ever mentioned to illustrate the point it is dismissed as whataboutery.

Then you've got Aberdeen fans glorifyjng the death of 66 innocent Rangers fans and the maiming of Ian Durrant in a very vocal manner on a regular basis and Hibs fans causing a riot at Hampden,.destroying the goalposts and assaulting our players, not to mention the attempted assault.on Tavernier last season.

All that, but Rangers are the bad guys, or so those who control the narrative would have you believe. So cut out the songs, the banned words because it won't change a thing, we will still be demonised. We are slaughtered for celebrating goals FFS, the only club in football who are ever criticised for how their fans celebrate scoring a goal.

We get told to close stand 12 fines in six fking years Celtic have had yet never have they even nearly had a stand closed.

December 2011: Celtic are fined £12,700 after fans sing pro-IRA chants during a Europa League clash with Rennes in Glasgow.

March 2012: A £21,000 penalty is issued after supporters set off fireworks and unveil an insulting banner aimed at UEFA during their Europa League fixture with Udinese in Italy.

December 2011: Celtic are fined £12,700 after fans sing pro-IRA chants during a Europa League clash with Rennes in Glasgow.

March 2012: A £21,000 penalty is issued after supporters set off fireworks and unveil an insulting banner aimed at UEFA during their Europa League fixture with Udinese in Italy.

September 2012: The use of fireworks at Celtic Park during a Champions League qualifier with Cliftonville costs the Scottish title winners another £4,200.

December 2013: The club are fined around £42,000 after the Green Brigade unveils "illicit banners" featuring IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands before a Champions League match with AC Milan.

September 2014: UEFA fines Celtic £15,900 after fans display a Palestinian flag during a Champions League qualifier against KR Reykjavik.

February 2015: The club are fined £7,300 after Celtic fans clash with rival supporters and Croatian police during a Europa League group stage match against Dinamo Zagreb. The fine also punishes Celtic for the supporters' use of fireworks.

March 2015: Flares set off by Celtic fans during a Europa League clash with Inter Milan at the San Siro incur a £3,600 sanction.
February 2016: A £10,000 fine is issued for using fireworks following a Europa League tie with Fenerbahce in Istanbul, although a portion of the fine related to the "improper conduct" of the team.

August 2016: Fans again flew Palestinian flags in the Champions League qualifier against Israeli side Hapoel Be'er Sheva, prompting UEFA to fine the Scottish champions £8,616 for the use of "illicit banners".

February 2017: More fireworks and crowd disturbances during a Champions League match against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium are punished with a £16,050 fine.

July 2017: Celtic are fined £20,000 for crowd-related offences during a Champions League home qualifier against Linfield, including blocked stairways and another "illicit banner" featuring a paramilitary-style figure.

October 2017: Celtic are fined £8,900 after 21-year-old supporter John Hatton raced on to the Parkhead pitch and aimed a kick at Paris St Germain striker Kylian Mbappe in the Champions League match in September. I think uefa should be tried for sectarian hatred towards Rangers

As things stand - the whataboutery gets us no where

I don’t think it is whataboutery, that would be justifying our own actions based on theirs, or trying to deflect attention from our own. Most people I have read on here the last few days are criticising our support and saying we should stop with the songs. But there is a genuine feeling of bias here, based on the other side of the same coin being held to a different standard. I don’t think it is whataboutery to ask why this is.

They set a trap for us and we walked into it. We all know that the other mob have friends in high places, be it the sfa, spfl, uefa as well as the media and politics. We also know that uefa receive e mails from them whoever we sing certain songs. I cannot see any way out of this unless someone in these official bodies is brave enough to call them out for their terrorist song book.
100 percent correct we need to start boxing clever

I think the actual term UEFA use is “racist and discriminatory behaviour”, but we’ve latched onto the racist part as a way to show that it must be a witch hunt because it isn’t racist.
When UEFA asked the SFA if 19th Century Terrorist was offensive, the SFA said that half of Celtic fans probably wouldn’t be offended, and the other half might be. UEFA said that with it potentially being offensive to such a large number of people, that it is not allowed. Looking at UEFA’s rules, they clearly state what isn’t allowed, and we have clearly fallen foul of that. It’s not racist behaviour, but it is against the racist and discriminatory behaviour rules.

Never heard of this claim before.

My understanding is that in early 2006 UEFA appealed against the original verdict (by one of their own committees!) and they then contacted people in Scotland for clarification on ‘19th Century Terrorist’ and ‘The Billy Boys’.

Those people (according to Spiers) included two academics (not hard to guess their identities) and Episcopalian Bishop Richard Holloway.

The scum media in this country seem to forget that they banned a section of their own fans not once but twice.

They also seem to forget their own chairman called them racists.

Even in the 21st century they are hounding people out of that club because they are Jewish.

Sweep sweep.

Never heard of this claim before.

My understanding is that in early 2006 UEFA appealed against the original verdict (by one of their own committees!) and they then contacted people in Scotland for clarification on ‘19th Century Terrorist’ and ‘The Billy Boys’.

Those people (according to Spiers) included two academics (not hard to guess their identities) and Episcopalian Bishop Richard Holloway.
It is in the documents that we’re tweeted about Ajax’a appeal against the “we hate Celtic 19th Century Terrorist bastards” banner that saw them fined €10,000 and part of the stadium shut. They tried to argue about the definition of the word 19th Century Terrorist, and how Celtic use it amongst themselves. UEFA asked the Scottish authorities for their help and that’s what they were told.

We get told to close stand 12 fines in six fking years Celtic have had yet never have they even nearly had a stand closed.

September 2012: The use of fireworks at Celtic Park during a Champions League qualifier with Cliftonville costs the Scottish title winners another £4,200.

December 2013: The club are fined around £42,000 after the Green Brigade unveils "illicit banners" featuring IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands before a Champions League match with AC Milan.

September 2014: UEFA fines Celtic £15,900 after fans display a Palestinian flag during a Champions League qualifier against KR Reykjavik.

February 2015: The club are fined £7,300 after Celtic fans clash with rival supporters and Croatian police during a Europa League group stage match against Dinamo Zagreb. The fine also punishes Celtic for the supporters' use of fireworks.

March 2015: Flares set off by Celtic fans during a Europa League clash with Inter Milan at the San Siro incur a £3,600 sanction.
February 2016: A £10,000 fine is issued for using fireworks following a Europa League tie with Fenerbahce in Istanbul, although a portion of the fine related to the "improper conduct" of the team.

August 2016: Fans again flew Palestinian flags in the Champions League qualifier against Israeli side Hapoel Be'er Sheva, prompting UEFA to fine the Scottish champions £8,616 for the use of "illicit banners".

February 2017: More fireworks and crowd disturbances during a Champions League match against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium are punished with a £16,050 fine.

July 2017: Celtic are fined £20,000 for crowd-related offences during a Champions League home qualifier against Linfield, including blocked stairways and another "illicit banner" featuring a paramilitary-style figure.

October 2017: Celtic are fined £8,900 after 21-year-old supporter John Hatton raced on to the Parkhead pitch and aimed a kick at Paris St Germain striker Kylian Mbappe in the Champions League match in September. I think uefa should be tried for sectarian hatred towards Rangers
i notice that they were fined for flying a palestinian flag.
they did a second time and the punishment was less
very strange.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sc...-237k-paid-in-fines-in-10-years-1-4559301/amp

This is a targeted attack in our club.

How can our stadium get 3000 seats closed when they have done this. The facts don’t lie. They have done far worse
The link from the paper above was the link i sent to UEFA after Septic fans launched bottles at Cluj players,i asked them what punishment was going to be given out,as there was no mention of it from EUFA.
Still awaiting a reply, from them.

Back