Celtic Boys’ Club boss had key role in appointing Tommy Burns

That’s exactly how I feel about the whole situation aswell. I have two kids and if it was us I’d never take my kids near the club and would be done with football. There supporters don’t have any shame in this whole thing and that alone is worrying. They seem to think it’s a point scoring issue when the fecking issue is that they allowed innocent kids get abused for years and didn’t care. It’s disgusting and I really hope they get hammered as hard as they would in America for this not just because there septic but because it’s fucking wrong
Said that to the rhats from the start,If this had been us we would've been crucified and held up as a warning as well as being razed to the ground, this should and hopefully will happen to them this is WAY,WAY beyond point scoring the only points are the nails in their coffin and there are plenty.

the latter, probably not unfortunately

the former

they should get (assuming that completely shutting them down would be blocked)

- demotion to 4th tier
- every title & cup won during the abuse years removed & replaced with an asterisk and no winner to signify the victims
- bank account emptied & all players sold to finance compensation for the victims
- jail time for those in place who knew and did nothing
- statues of enablers publically pulled down
- forbidden to run youth football teams forever

I've said it before, but nothing less than them being shut down will cut it for me. They are an absolute poison who ruin everything they touch. Sadly, quite literally.

It won't happen, but they are an affront to humanity and have no place in this world.

Last edited:
That is dynamite stuff.

If this next part comes to pass its only going to get worse for them. Especially should the U.S. authorities choose to get involved

All you lads deserve tremendous credit for all the work you've done uncovering this. Lets just hope the media pick this up and run with it and don't ignore it as they have in the past.
Sadly the Record and Sun will brush over it, as will the SFA and Scottish government.

Why are Celtic employees still in influential positions within our football governing body?

It makes it very difficult for Scottish football to act in the best interests of the rest of Scottish football in the face of such horrific crimes against kids within that club.

Even Celtic fans themselves must be upset at what is being disclosed in the courts.

In the way that Jock Stein is barely mentioned now by the Scottish football media compared to 25-30 years ago, Burns is going to be airbrushed.

Back in the 80s & 90s it was very much about how much of a genius Stein was, how he ruled Parkhead with an iron fist and had his contacts all over the city telling him about what his players were up to. I remember McNeill (I’m sure it was him) saying in one documentary that, “Big Jock could hear the grass growing”.
Since the late 90s he has slowly been removed from the general narrative by everyone but Bheggars.

Burns is held in high regard by many, his friendships with Walter Smith & Ally
McCoist held up as virtuous symbols of what a great guy he was.
That’s going to end soon enough. He protected and was in cahoots with known paedophiles associated to Celtic. It has become clear over the last few years and is about to be the big news.
From a Rangers point of view I hope McCoist and Smith have got their thinking caps on for some very uncomfortable questions coming their way about their friendship with Tommy Burns. More so McCoist with him being a regular on Talksport because it will definitely be discussed on there in the months ahead.

From a Rangers point of view I hope McCoist and Smith have got their thinking caps on for some very uncomfortable questions coming their way about their friendship with Tommy Burns. More so McCoist with him being a regular on Talksport because it will definitely be discussed on there in the months ahead.

Think it depends - if Burns was simply a duped fool then Ally is fine. If he was a knave - or worse - then a pint of mea culpa is required for Super.

If you look where these scandals have been exposed they all manage to operate by gaining a wall of silence and gaining the support of the people in power. The films Spotlight, Paterno, Athlete A and Our Fathers are all based on true stories and in every one of these scandals people in power helped to maintain a wall of silence. Everyone knows what went on at Celtic is wrong and the cover up is disgraceful and for the government to exempt institutions from an investigation into historical abuse is shameful l honestly can't imagine the pain that statement caused the survivors. This should have been exposed years ago by those in power and the silence and cover up has allowed these monsters to continue ruining the lives of youngsters.
The strength of the people trying to get some kind of closure is incredible. The obstacles put in front of them utterly shameful as you say. I think that it is being stage managed at a time when this Scottish parliament are playing fast and loose with their duties as Guardians of the country. They are doing it to pander to their demographic. I have no doubt of that at all.

It feels wrong to "like" your post but it is spot on. For the people fighting for justice to have their friends and family accused of weaponising child abuse against a club is just morally bankrupt and disgusting.

No one should ever be exempt from investigation into these crimes. I include anyone ever accused from our club in that. I would never ever be able to watch Rangers again if I thought for a second that our club had done the things they had to hide and facilitate the abuse of children. That a government deliberately put in clauses to exempt any investigations into institutions where it was known to have happend defies logic. It is criminal in my mind.

I'm not someone who revels in the thought that they will have to pay millions in compensation. I would imagine that no amount of money can ever replace what those children lost. I hope at the end of it all they get the grovelling apology they deserve. If there is a financial compensation no one could ever say it is unwarranted but I doubt many of the victims are even really fighting for that.

Personally I would have that club shut and their stadium razed to the ground.I wished the same on the bbc after Saville. They did it to the places West, Fritzl and many other monsters comitted their crimes and tried to wipe out the stains they left in the communities. What makes institutions so very different where justice is involved?

It was well kbow that SAINT TOMMY and torbet weee best of pals... burns to me is vile, if he knew such secrets he should have went to the police, but instead he probably went to a catholic priest at confession and it was buried... opus dei comes to mind

I remember when Lawrence Haggert was killed, there were people happy to initially allow the innuendo of a sectarian motive hang around the story before the attention switched to the lad’s younger brother. The truth finally came out but there was odd behaviour from many around it.

The protection of these people who integrated themselves within Celtic’s Boys Club operation has gone on long and must have been achieved with lots of support.
I don't believe the truth of the case you've mentioned has ever came out and in my opinion this case should be reopened and properly investigated.

No chance will it be spoke about .. brazil wont touch it even though he was abused and jim white will not too upset his pals at parkhead..

News feed came up on my phone today and it was the Sun running a story on this but on reading it they have taken most from the forum but hide behind the Times report. Tic Toc Mr Liewell

The work done behind the scenes by the guys on here to unearth all this is incredible.

In any other country or any other company, all this stuff would have been plastered across all the papers for months or even years – it truly is sad that there is everyday folk doing all the leg-work for the media and journalists and so many of them still refuse to run it let alone accept that it's real.

If Lawwell truly wasn't complicit in any of this, he made himself complicit with the 'separate-entity' line. Hopefully, it won't be long until we see the back of Lawwell and all of his arsehole-sookers in the SPFL and SFA. Again, in any other country, it would be a matter of when all these snakey cünts get the boot rather than if.

No chance will it be spoke about .. brazil wont touch it even though he was abused and jim white will not too upset his pals at parkhead..
Brazil only works a Thursday and Friday. If the producers/owners deem it a big enough story then him and White will be told to discuss it, whether they like it or not.

The work done behind the scenes by the guys on here to unearth all this is incredible.

In any other country or any other company, all this stuff would have been plastered across all the papers for months or even years – it truly is sad that there is everyday folk doing all the leg-work for the media and journalists and so many of them still refuse to run it let alone accept that it's real.

If Lawwell truly wasn't complicit in any of this, he made himself complicit with the 'separate-entity' line. Hopefully, it won't be long until we see the back of Lawwell and all of his arsehole-sookers in the SPFL and SFA. Again, in any other country, it would be a matter of when all these snakey cünts get the boot rather than if.

Its disgusting that it's left to these people. There are 'award winning journalists' out there that should be doing this work.

The abused must be served justice, that club/cult needs shutdown. How could they even imagine the 'separate entity' line would get them off the hook when there's a mountain of evidence to the contrary?
Lawwell has lied to the Scottish public, the Scottish Media know this, the country stinks, it is full of 'defenders of the good name of Celtic'.
Humza useless is one of them, his whole party reeks to high heaven. Justice needs to be served the victims have went through enough already as it is.

Brazil only works a Thursday and Friday. If the producers/owners deem it a big enough story then him and White will be told to discuss it, whether they like it or not.

Nope Brazil won't touch it. He's done his bit and stood up in court and gave evidence that put Torbett away. It's up to others now.

I've said it before, but nothing less than them being shut down will cut it for me. They are an absolute poison who ruin everything they touch. Sadly, quite literally.

It won't happen, but they are an affront to humanity and have no place in this world.
They cannot be trusted and their fans back them to the hilt, totally with you on the shut down but would prefer their midden became a car park in my eyes there is no redemption none whatsoever.

The strength of the people trying to get some kind of closure is incredible. The obstacles put in front of them utterly shameful as you say. I think that it is being stage managed at a time when this Scottish parliament are playing fast and loose with their duties as Guardians of the country. They are doing it to pander to their demographic. I have no doubt of that at all.

It feels wrong to "like" your post but it is spot on. For the people fighting for justice to have their friends and family accused of weaponising child abuse against a club is just morally bankrupt and disgusting.

No one should ever be exempt from investigation into these crimes. I include anyone ever accused from our club in that. I would never ever be able to watch Rangers again if I thought for a second that our club had done the things they had to hide and facilitate the abuse of children. That a government deliberately put in clauses to exempt any investigations into institutions where it was known to have happend defies logic. It is criminal in my mind.

I'm not someone who revels in the thought that they will have to pay millions in compensation. I would imagine that no amount of money can ever replace what those children lost. I hope at the end of it all they get the grovelling apology they deserve. If there is a financial compensation no one could ever say it is unwarranted but I doubt many of the victims are even really fighting for that.

Personally I would have that club shut and their stadium razed to the ground.I wished the same on the bbc after Saville. They did it to the places West, Fritzl and many other monsters comitted their crimes and tried to wipe out the stains they left in the communities. What makes institutions so very different where justice is involved?
Not even fast and loose mate utter contempt has been shown to the victims, this government and that is a term I use fast and loose has shown it's hand and has been controlled by a hidden hand(RC church). It was as plain as the nose on everyone's face when they made the religious and sporting institutes jibe and it flew under the radar to the uninitiated.

Nope Brazil won't touch it. He's done his bit and stood up in court and gave evidence that put Torbett away. It's up to others now.

And yet is still an avid Celtic supporter, which is just astounding to me, seeing as he must know. He must know, what was going on and who knew about it and let it happen to him and hundreds of other boys. I just don’t get it.

What kind of person could not want to know and accept the truth? Those kids lives were forever ruined. They wanted to live their dream and were taken advantage of, groomed and raped. They deserve justice. All those who were involved and knew need held accountable, that rancid club needs held accountable now.

Back