Celtic Boys’ Club boss had key role in appointing Tommy Burns

What kind of person could not want to know and accept the truth? Those kids lives were forever ruined. They wanted to live their dream and were taken advantage of, groomed and raped. They deserve justice. All those who were involved and knew need held accountable, that rancid club needs held accountable now.
Amazing how the BC went from the toast of septic to separate entity they have nailed themselves repeatedly with the help of genuine good guys.

Nope Brazil won't touch it. He's done his bit and stood up in court and gave evidence that put Torbett away. It's up to others now.
He won't have any choice if this is as big a story as it should be. He may take a break or whatever, but Talksport won't ignore it.

I know you can be signed for the first team and play in the reserve team and vice versa...

But is there a rule that says:

A) You can sign for the first team and play for boys club?

B) You can sign for the first team and play for a seperate entity.

(B is rhetorical in this instance)
There was a player named John Wynne. He was signed by Celtic and the following year he was playing for the boys club. I’m sure it was posted previously.

That's why the snp won't have one.
The SNP know alright if they paste them in an enquiry they are done in Scotland. Their vote props them up.
From a Rangers point of view I hope McCoist and Smith have got their thinking caps on for some very uncomfortable questions coming their way about their friendship with Tommy Burns. More so McCoist with him being a regular on Talksport because it will definitely be discussed on there in the months ahead.
Not sure how Smith and McCoist should be questioned on what Burns knew and when at the mhankies? Hardly as if Burns would tell them no matter how friendly they got over the years

Which is exactly the reason there will never be one
Couldn't have been any more apparent when sport and religion was excluded from the historical abuse enquiry.

Quite apt really....given the club with the biggest problem and the religion also with the biggest problem just happen to have most of their vote under their respective roof...

Couldn't have been any more apparent when sport and religion was excluded from the historical abuse enquiry.

Quite apt really....given the club with the biggest problem and the religion also with the biggest problem just happen to have most of their vote under their respective roof...
Cardinal Keith and salmond together was exactly that, a courting of a demographic group to win a vote.

The SNP know alright if they paste them in an enquiry they are done in Scotland. Their vote props them up.
Not sure how Smith and McCoist should be questioned on what Burns knew and when at the mhankies? Hardly as if Burns would tell them no matter how friendly they got over the years
You don't think when this all breaks and Burns is named that two men who were very close to him, worked with him with the Scotland national team and carried his coffin might just be asked their views on the whole affair?

I make that two paedos Celtic kicked out only to bring them back into the fold.

Is there any other organisation or business in the entire world that would contemplate such a thing? What kind of people would consider such behaviour as reasonable or acceptable? It's beyond sick!

And what message did that send out to the young players that were molested by these creepos?

In any other country in the world Celtic FC would be closed down pending a root and branch investigation into the grooming gang and the ongoing cover up at Parkhead.

What has been allowed to happen, and continues to happen to this very day, is truly beyond the pale.

A lot of damning evidence on this thread.

I hate saying this, but if this was Rangers we'd have been closed down by now. The media would be camped outside the entire length of Edmiston Drive.

The Scottish government and people in high places are protecting Celtic Football Club.

What is happening in Scotland right now is nothing short of a national disgrace.

I remember when Lawrence Haggert was killed, there were people happy to initially allow the innuendo of a sectarian motive hang around the story before the attention switched to the lad’s younger brother. The truth finally came out but there was odd behaviour from many around it.

The protection of these people who integrated themselves within Celtic’s Boys Club operation has gone on long and must have been achieved with lots of support.

The fact Jim McCafferty was the last person to phone his house is hugely significant.

A local paedophile was charged with his murder but my take on it reading between the lines Lawrence was pimped out by McCafferty, the boy had enough was going to expose the ring and he was silenced. He was seen as their next Paul McStay he was tipped to go far in the game. People would have listened to him. His story couldn’t be made public.

Not a nice topic to post about.

But very good to see that people have clearly taken the bull by the horns and read through every single copy of the Celtic View, forensically.

I made the point about it maybe over a year ago.

All the pointers and links that will be in that publication and yet with all the Celtic punters with the encyclopedic knowledge out there that can remember various photos and articles. There was silence.

I recall a soundbite about a Celtic View employee ‘some of the things we wrote’ maybe in Dalys piece.

Hopefully the full back catalogue in the Mitchell Library that Mark Daly used for his BBC work, doesnt go walkabout.

And yet is still an avid Celtic supporter, which is just astounding to me, seeing as he must know. He must know, what was going on and who knew about it and let it happen to him and hundreds of other boys. I just don’t get it.
He is at best a functioning semi alcoholic.

I don't hold the contempt for him some do. He is a victim as well. He stood up and testified. He did the thing that we are all in agreement about how much we admire those about to do the same. I don't know him but it could be most of his problems stem from his abuse as a child.

From what I have read many about to face the same journey still support that club. I have heard things like Stockholm syndrome or normalisation of abuse in the Catholic community. I guess how they all deal with it is different.

We should all be as angry at what they did to him as we are with every other victim. He probably doesn't want to relive any of it again. I think people should accept that it is impossible for us, who have been lucky enough to not have known these horrors, to understand their lives after abuse .

And yet is still an avid Celtic supporter, which is just astounding to me, seeing as he must know. He must know, what was going on and who knew about it and let it happen to him and hundreds of other boys. I just don’t get it.
Thought about this exact thing for years. He still clearly loves that rancid club. FFS what does it take to turn a tims brain on?

I make that two paedos Celtic kicked out only to bring them back into the fold.

Is there any other organisation or business in the entire world that would contemplate such a thing? What kind of people would consider such behaviour as reasonable or acceptable? It's beyond sick!

And what message did that send out to the young players that were molested by these creepos?

In any other country in the world Celtic FC would be closed down pending a root and branch investigation into the grooming gang and the ongoing cover up at Parkhead.

What has been allowed to happen, and continues to happen to this very day, is truly beyond the pale.
Just off the top of my head, maybe the Catholic Church

You don't think when this all breaks and Burns is named that two men who were very close to him, worked with him with the Scotland national team and carried his coffin might just be asked their views on the whole affair?
Why would they with all due respect? Smith or McCoist never played with him, for him or worked with him at that shitehole in any capacity so are hardly complicit because they had a stint of about 2 years with the national team.....

I hate saying this, but if this was Rangers we'd have been closed down by now. The media would be camped outside the entire length of Edmiston Drive.

The Scottish government and people in high places are protecting Celtic Football Club.

What is happening in Scotland right now is nothing short of a national disgrace.

I can see this Celtc * scandal from the 1960's running from hundreds into even more than a thousand victims. This was happening for 40 years or more.

He won't have any choice if this is as big a story as it should be. He may take a break or whatever, but Talksport won't ignore it.

I listen to Talksport all day.. On every news report they have said that CBC was not part of Celtic. Every phuckin timi e They've bèen briefed. No question about it. The English audience know very little about this yet the newsreader always finished with the seperate entity thing..

I reckon Desmond has a lot of influence here. Until a judge makes a decision Celtic control the media naŕative.

Why would they with all due respect? Smith or McCoist never played with him, for him or worked with him at that shitehole in any capacity so are hardly complicit because they had a stint of about 2 years with the national team.....

Exactly. And it's hardly likely to have come up while they were having a cuppa. Hey Tan did big Cairney shag you? Did Torbett ask ye tae gie him a wank?

They must have respected the man. His family asked them to carry his coffin.

I listen to Talksport all day.. On every news report they have said that CBC was not part of Celtic. Every phuckin timi e They've bèen briefed. No question about it. The English audience know very little about this yet the newsreader always finished with the seperate entity thing..

I reckon Desmond has a lot of influence here. Until a judge makes a decision Celtic control the media naŕative.

You are correct about the narrative. Until a court decides otherwise the media will protect itself from being sued and follow the party line or at least avoid saying outright that separate entity is a lie. This needs to get to a courtroom and have that protection removed.

I just finished watching Athlete A. It was eerie to watch. There was a cover up there that doesn't even touch the sides of how massive the cover up here appears to have been. The refusal of the SNP to condemn Celtic and it's boys club and instigate an enquiry appears a political decision. A decision made using a spreadsheet or an algorithm that says if we go down this road how does that affect our vote share. They are too invested in having backing from a sector of celtic fans that would rather nothing was done to protect their clubs image and never mind the poor kids. That's what happened with US Athletics. Millions of sponsorship dollars depended on it.

I think things are going to change soon because the tide seems to be flowing strong enough that this will be taken out of local government hands. The noise will be big enough and with a trial piercing the protection that the seperate entity gives the flood of stories will begin. I think when there's a win in court proving Celtic had a duty of care for it's boys club players the victims will come forward. We've seen it before with these types of case. Larry Nassar now has over 500 accusers. It happened with Saville too. There just no way that the only kids abused were the vocal ones we've seen emerge over the last few years.

If you take the 7-8 or more paedophiles linked to Celtic and it's boys clubs and ask yourself how many boys each paedophile is likely to have abused over the decades it doesn't take long to reach a big number and those are just the paedophiles we know of.

Truly this could explode.

It is corruption.

Because McCoist has a regular spot on the biggest football radio show in the country? Nobody said they were complicit. All I said was they might be asked their views on the whole affair, especially McCoist who is still very much in the media spotlight and a well known pundit.

Exactly. And it's hardly likely to have come up while they were having a cuppa. Hey Tan did big Cairney shag you? Did Torbett ask ye tae gie him a wank?

They must have respected the man. His family asked them to carry his coffin.
So if it's discussed on Talksport McCoist won't say a word about the biggest scandal in Scottish football?

So if it's discussed on Talksport McCoist won't say a word about the biggest scandal in Scottish football?
What do you expect Ally to say?!! He’ll say little more than it’s a disgrace, he was never aware what TB knew about it, and he feels sorry for the victims and hopes they get some closure.

What do you expect Ally to say?!! He’ll say little more than it’s a disgrace, he was never aware what TB knew about it, and he feels sorry for the victims and hopes they get some closure.
And that's fine. But I don't know why he keeps peddling the "Tommy was a great man and a great friend" line when the rumours about him have been circulating for so long. If I was Ally I'd be distancing myself as far away as possible from Burns.

Last edited:
I can see this Celtc * scandal from the 1960's running from hundreds into even more than a thousand victims. This was happening for 40 years or more.
It may well have been happening for an awful lot more than 40 years. I don't believe for one minute that Torbett as a teenager started a boys club with an institution as big as Celtic and managed to start a paedophile network as big as what we are seeing.

The fact Jim McCafferty was the last person to phone his house is hugely significant.

A local paedophile was charged with his murder but my take on it reading between the lines Lawrence was pimped out by McCafferty, the boy had enough was going to expose the ring and he was silenced. He was seen as their next Paul McStay he was tipped to go far in the game. People would have listened to him. His story couldn’t be made public.

IMO in time this case will become central to this whole situation

Wow , never knew that .
Stevenson was a nonce on an industrial scale so the fact that he worked with McCafferty says it all .
Massive paedo ring at work here.
I'm on the case mate. I'm looking for tangible proof that can link Stevenson with any of the convicted abusers at cfc. So far I have found a link between Stevenson & Mcafferty. They both helped run Chelsea Boys club in Blantyre. Any information you find could you PM me please mate?

For me, this isn't about point scoring etc. I don't care that they'll potentially be out of pocket. What I do care about is the victims who've been brave enough to come forward, been belittled, ignored and bullied for doing so getting some justice. It's akin to the Liverpool campaign for the 96 in many ways. That its gone this long with nothing but denial and not even an apology is utterly disgusting.
The " Bunnet" is not the big hero everybody thinks he is
Explain, he was no hero but he did refuse to have Cairney re-employed at parkhead did he not.

Justice for the victims is paramount but this must not be forgotten.

There is a narrative which must be set before the Celtc minded get in there. We know how that story goes. I’ll start:

- Demotion to the lowest tier of Scottish football.
- Removal of trophies won during the period when this was knowingly going on and enabled by Celtc FC.
- A significant financial punishment (distinct from any compensation from victims) used as a donation to youth charities.
- Removal of all involved from the Scottish Football Hall of Fame.

That’s a starting point.
This is a lot worse than flying the tricolour over parkhead. The SFA wished to have them banished from Scottish football altogether, it was only Rangers that stopped this from happening. Get them out of Scottish football, now.

A club like no other indeed...

A lot of ex Celtic figures took to their graves secrets of what went on and slowly but surely over time these are being exposed with great detail.

A disgusting, rancid and lying club who's officials past and present have/had zero morals whilst showing absolutely no sympathy or accepting any form of responsibility for what has went on.

These bastards deserve all they get and how anyone no matter if they are a fan or club employee can associate themselves with the club and look in the mirror shamelessly is beyond me.

A disgrace to society yet our countries politicians, football governing body and justice system turn a blind eye to it due them all being infested with Celtic people from top to bottom.
Totally agree with you, but are we protestants not supposed to out number these papish scum bastards, I don't think so, not now days anyway.

Back