Celtic celebration clean up & repair costs

Snakehips

Unsurprisingly, SNP run Glasgow City Council have not yet disclosed the full repair costs, despite requests. Contrast and compare to the rapid and regular media briefings on us in 2021, when repair estimates of £59K were disclosed just 10 days after, then ramped up to £91K a few weeks later.

*Update 6th Sep

The SNP-run Glasgow City Council have finally come clean on the repairs, which are apparently still ongoing.

Last edited:
Really don’t give a %^*& honestly we must be the most boring country in the world when it comes to things like this. Look at the scenes when Milan won it their league, Lisbon for Sportings championship. Christ when Trabzonspor won their title the club had to put a message out asking fans not to fire guns in the air. Every teams fans should have a party when they win the league.

Also %^*& the SNP and their underhand ways.

Aye that is a correct figure my jacksie! The mess was spread over a wider area Rangers fans was in a square probably included the happy baton wielding riot cops overtime costs no doubt ordered by the SNP to instigate more bad publicity against the PUL Community, from what I observed on social mhedia of the Timmy Trongate Trashers was on a par with the Tartan Trannies destruction of London last June but met with the same response from the blind deaf & dumb Natzi's and SNP backing mhedia.
Strange how Elsie McSelfie was not too bothered by rubbish on Glasgow's streets before COP26., as she took to social mhedia to condemn us.

Really don’t give a %^*& honestly we must be the most boring country in the world when it comes to things like this. Look at the scenes when Milan won it their league, Lisbon for Sportings championship. Christ when Trabzonspor won their title the club had to put a message out asking fans not to fire guns in the air. Every teams fans should have a party when they win the league.

Missing the point.

The issue is not with the gathering or the mess, or even the costs, it is the fact that Glasgow Council were going out of their way afterwards to regularly brief the media on repair costs after our celebrations in 2021, and demonise our support in the process.

Nothing of the sort happened this year when it was their turn, funnily enough.

Missing the point.

The issue is not with the gathering or the mess, or even the costs, it is the fact that Glasgow Council were going out of their way afterwards to regularly brief the media on repair costs after our celebrations in 2021, and demonise our support in the process.

I absolutely agree about the way the Council acted, but if the club aren’t pointing it out then what’s the point?

Aye that is a correct figure my jacksie! The mess was spread over a wider area Rangers fans was in a square probably included the happy baton wielding riot cops overtime costs no doubt ordered by the SNP to instigate more bad publicity against the PUL Community, from what I observed on social mhedia of the Timmy Trongate Trashers was on a par with the Tartan Trannies destruction of London last June but met with the same response from the blind deaf & dumb Natzi's and SNP backing mhedia.
Strange how Elsie McSelfie was not too bothered by rubbish on Glasgow's streets before COP26., as she took to social mhedia to condemn us.
And you had Mhairi Hunter flippantly tweeting a photo of a couple of cans lying in a random street afterwards in mock condemnation.

Not giving a fck is why these SNP nonces are getting away with their double standards.

Every Rangers fan should give a fck.

I absolutely agree about the way the Council acted, but if the club aren’t pointing it out then what’s the point?
The club need to pick their public battles carefully to be fair, but you would hope it didn’t go unnoticed behind the scenes.

Compare and contrast. The first one was just 10 days later.

Not giving a fck is why these SNP nonces are getting away with their double standards.

Every Rangers fan should give a fck.
I don’t care about fans celebrating.

I think the club have had plenty of chances to call out the double standards and have stood silent and even invited that rodent Humza to Ibrox. If the club don’t care then why should it always be down to the fans? There has been plenty anti government banners and chants from fans, the club need to do their bit to call it out.

Missing the point.

Yeah issue being the mhedia were eagerly awaiting those updates the lack of condemnation from MSPs this year was night & day , Paul the Tim Murray was only disappointed with the TTT whilst the rest of Holyrood were DISGUSTED with Rangers supporters as has been muted before a 2 tier justice/social comment/attitude through the bigots of the Natzi Party .

I think the club have had plenty of chances to fall out the double standards and have stood silent and even invited that rodent Humza to Ibrox. If the club don’t care then why should it always be down to the fans? There has been plenty anti government banners and chants from fans, the club need to do their bit to call it out.
The fans are the people who can remove the bigoted politicians with their votes

Anyone who DOESN'T vote is culpable

I think the club have had plenty of chances to fall out the double standards and have stood silent and even invited that rodent Humza to Ibrox. If the club don’t care then why should it always be down to the fans? There has been plenty anti government banners and chants from fans, the club need to do their bit to call it out.
I agree our club should have said something but its important to call out the republican SNP rats for what they are,two faced kunts, via Twitter, etc,

Unsurprisingly, SNP run Glasgow City Council have not yet disclosed the full repair costs, despite requests. Contrast and compare to the rapid and regular media briefings on us in 2021, when repair estimates of £59K were disclosed just 10 days after, then ramped up to £91K a few weeks later.
Yep silence is f ucking deafening on this trashing of the area around the mercat cross by those mhankie bastards

Its because the council did it for free, volunteers etc etc

I think the club have had plenty of chances to call out the double standards and have stood silent and even invited that rodent Humza to Ibrox. If the club don’t care then why should it always be down to the fans? There has been plenty anti government banners and chants from fans, the club need to do their bit to call it out.
To put it into context wee Nicoliar only wished us well after all the main UK Leaders had done so almost as if she was shamed in to it, imagine a club representing YOUR country in a major European Football Final Nicoliar and you are shamed in to wishing them well, however if it was the Irish club.................no doubt you would have been taking selfies with the UEFA comittee and getting tips from the Spanish Stormtroopers for to give your Stormtroopers to treat the PUL Community.

Last edited:

Agreed - this figure is a load of pish and to compare to the Rangers celebrations is an attempt to make it look like the Rangers celebrations were a lot worse.

As you rightly state, the police numbers were higher at George Square - probably due to covid restrictions as well as the police being ordered to be heavy handed.

I heard a mob of them stormed the local Tesco on High street and lifted loads of trays of beer and bottles of spirits.

Missing the point.

Great work D.

Missing the point.

Nor have they hounded on SNP marches and subsequent mess, or BLM marches and subsequent mess.

(Wasn't there a BLM protest the day after our celebrations that looked like it was causing more damage than our supporters?)

Very few to be fair.

In my experience.
Larkhall of all places has returned SNP MPs & MSPs in recent years............ explain that?
Personally I think the vote counting is rigged by SNP Sympathisers adding more votes to the Natsi piles , remember Council employees get first shout of extra cash on Election night counting votes and as we all know the demographic of the average religious make up of ra cooncil.

Amazing! Yet within days of our title celebration they’d a fully itemised (and wildly over exaggerated) costing typed out. :rolleyes:

Wildly over exaggerated is an understatement. It was beyond that. It bordered corruption.

I remember folks like myself on here, and elsewhere, struggling with the costs.

I have an understanding of estimating costs in my job for general cleaning, repairs / maintenance (statues if applicable and not caused by the protest next day, and benches), hard landscaping (if paving was damaged, don't think it was), soft landscaping (i.e. flower beds).

Couldn't get anywhere near the Glasgow City costs for "Rangers Fans Destruction".

As per article, Celtic fans caused more £££ damage in my opinion to historical monument alone than the whole of the "perceived / fake" damage to George Square.

This is where I wish we could use a freedom of information request, and if it was denied, take them to court, tell them they have 20 minutes or they are in contempt. Alas, we don’t have political wing in our club.

We're going to have to buy a bigger carpet(and brush).
UTo3UPE.gif

Back