Celtic defender Duffy has been a ‘major disappointment’ and looks ‘fragile and slow’ says Tam McManus

To be fair, I can remember there were many posters on here that highlighted he wouldn't suit their style of play whatsoever as he is a backs to wall defender and would really struggle in a team with high possession.

Would be interesting to bump that massive thread when they were first linked with him, it would show up a good few drama queens.
Unfortunately that thread may have been culled. A shame, there’s a few who would be left red faced.

To be honest, I can remember there were many posters on here that highlighted he wouldn't suit their style of play whatsoever as he is a backs to wall defender and would really struggle in a team with high possession.

Would be interesting to bump that massive thread when they were first linked with him, it would show up a good few drama queens.

The media hype for Donkey Duffy was like something nicked from a Peasant podcast. It was utterly embarrassing. The same media are now destroying him.

Sounding like a 50/50 split between Duffy and Lennon for who’s to blame for this comedy festival.
I’m sure they’ll be a few more in the wings in the coming weeks to join the show.

Duffy must be wondering what kind of football club he's joined. If he didn't already.

They're like a pack of fucking hyenas all over him. They deserve it. Even the cloven hoofed manager is having a go at everyone now from Charlie Ridiculous to Maurice Ross. Who next the fat boy Commons? It's truly wonderful.

On the other hand, the big diddy probably thought he was on a sure fire winner, coming to an all- conquering celtc for big bucks for no real effort expended.
Quite a rude awakening he's had.
And hilarious that the mhedia fans of the club like no other are, to a man, queueing up to sink the boot into him at his lowest ebb.
Fucking tramps.

TAM McMANUS has branded Celtic defender Shane Duffy as a major disappointment.

Celtic have suffered a poor week of results with defeats to Old Firm rivals Rangers and AC Milan and a draw at Aberdeen last time out.

Lennon’s men have conceded eight goals in those three matches and McManus reckons the man who was brought into the club to shore up the defence has so far looked fragile, slow and lethargic in his performances.

Speaking on PLZ Soccer, he said: “He has been a major disappointment Peter.

“I think every single Celtic fan was rubbing their hands when he came in the door.

Celtic have shipped eight goals in their last three games Credit: Getty Images - Getty
“He was exactly what Celtic were needing. We thought and supporters thought they were going to get a real aggressive centre-half up here in the Celtic team to win headers, be solid at the back and not give anything away and he has been the complete opposite to be honest.

“He’s been fragile, slow, lethargic and not been up to the pace of the game. He is diving in to tackles and is all over the place at the back.

“It has been desperately poor from Shane Duffy. Particularly when you think of the outlay Celtic are paying.

“They are probably paying a good whack of his wages and the loan fee.

“So he has been a major disappointment. Whether you drop him or not is up to Neil Lennon but he’s certainly not earning his place at the minute.

“Another mistake and poor game on Sunday. Once you get [Christopher] Jullien, [Nir] Bitton and [Hatem] Elhamed back there is maybe going to be options for Neil Lennon to drop him.”

Host Peter Martin added: “I am going to be blunt with you Tam. Shane Duffy is just calamitous.

“Every time he gets the ball Celtic fans have got their heart in their mouth with him because he can’t pass it, he certainly can’t defend at the moment and his confidence must be shot.”
And?...........what’s yer point caller

I thought the Commons comments were harsh, but fúćk me, when Tam McPenis is joining in that is a new low.
It’s getting that bad I heard the wee Welsh singer has changed her name to Duffel!! :))

Is it at all possible for Duffy to get his act together? I'm now getting the fear that all of this hilarity will come back on us. He might do a Konterman in the next old firm game at this rate.

Celtic manager Neil Lennon added: “We are delighted to bring a player of Shane’s quality to Celtic. He is an international player with so many great attributes. He is leader and he’s a warrior – someone with real ability and who will also give us that great physical presence.

Big Tam reckons your talking pish Neil

Can all of you in the media stop fucking slagging the guy and stop slagging lennon.

We need the least amount of pressure exposing this shit.

They should take him out of the team for a few weeks. In the meantime, his forehead could be used for emergency landings at Glasgow Airport. And when they eventually find a defensive formation that suits him, possibly a 9-1 formation bring him back into the team.

Love how they wheel out these absolute nobodies for hot takes on players, like we’re supposed to all of a sudden see Duffy is crap because Tam McManus says so.

He is suited to back to the wall defending and heading balls clear. Bringing the ball out, building up play as we have seen so far isn’t his thing.

It was a lazy unimagitive signing from Lennon and long may he continue to struggle
Lennon doesn’t make the signings? I thought that was as obvious and why Rodgers left?

It’s also why Loony Lenny was the only option to go for! And they are now in limbo!

stick with it and gamble that we bottle it which is what would need to happen even assuming he gets it right and turns their form around.

or go for who....... and sign who........ they would need to spend decent money in January when we know fans still won’t be back, most clubs are fairly conservative right now knowing that the unknown is more of an issue than what we do know in terms of getting back to normal?

either way they are in October and have worked themselves into a frenzy where they need to gamble.

"A colossus" I think it was :)) wish I could remember who the poster was!
We need to find the post, they deserve to be shamed
Can't find the post, but it's probably Billy Reid lurking in here.

gn28.png

Reid will be hiding under a blanket now.

TAM McMANUS has branded Celtic defender Shane Duffy as a major disappointment.

Celtic have suffered a poor week of results with defeats to Old Firm rivals Rangers and AC Milan and a draw at Aberdeen last time out.

Lennon’s men have conceded eight goals in those three matches and McManus reckons the man who was brought into the club to shore up the defence has so far looked fragile, slow and lethargic in his performances.

Speaking on PLZ Soccer, he said: “He has been a major disappointment Peter.

“I think every single Celtic fan was rubbing their hands when he came in the door.

Celtic have shipped eight goals in their last three games Credit: Getty Images - Getty
“He was exactly what Celtic were needing. We thought and supporters thought they were going to get a real aggressive centre-half up here in the Celtic team to win headers, be solid at the back and not give anything away and he has been the complete opposite to be honest.

“He’s been fragile, slow, lethargic and not been up to the pace of the game. He is diving in to tackles and is all over the place at the back.

“It has been desperately poor from Shane Duffy. Particularly when you think of the outlay Celtic are paying.

“They are probably paying a good whack of his wages and the loan fee.

“So he has been a major disappointment. Whether you drop him or not is up to Neil Lennon but he’s certainly not earning his place at the minute.

“Another mistake and poor game on Sunday. Once you get [Christopher] Jullien, [Nir] Bitton and [Hatem] Elhamed back there is maybe going to be options for Neil Lennon to drop him.”

Host Peter Martin added: “I am going to be blunt with you Tam. Shane Duffy is just calamitous.

“Every time he gets the ball Celtic fans have got their heart in their mouth with him because he can’t pass it, he certainly can’t defend at the moment and his confidence must be shot.”

#grammarbantz

'Need' is a state verb, which means it cannot be used in the progressive form like Tam has in the quotes above.

It's actually quite shocking the amount of shite he's had fired at him from all and sundry.
Tim's at their best
Just like with Boligoli, they are always happy to sacrifice one by throwing them under the bus in order to protect the others.

There's now a distinct possibility that both Duffy and Celtic are both on the phone to Brighton at the same time, begging them to take him back.
I'd be surprised if Brighton's answer wasn't along the lines of "Are you fucking serious?"
They be rubbing thier hands somone else is covering the wage! cant help but think big goldsons had his number from day one aswel that message he left him when he signed imo the big man knew he was pish and wouldn't get up to speed:)

Firstly I agree with the posters commenting on his loan signature smacking of an ill thought out punt. Other than the he is a fan, his signing really made no sense and absolutely backs up the idea Lennon sees management about getting your best 11 Players and throwing them on the pitch.

I would also question was Julian that bad and was It a priority to replace him? Yeah he had one torrid game versus Dykes and a couple versus Morelos but other than that I always felt he was more of an asset than a liability to celtic. I think Julian also had a few ridiculous sound bytes but again in the balance his goals, his passing and his ability on the ball for a team who dominate possession was for me more of an asset than the odd big guy in Scotland getting the better of him a few times a season.

Is Duffy the quickest example of that mob turning on a player in record time ?

I mean, it took them months to turn on Berkovic for example.

I genuinely can't think of anyone arriving with this much fanfare and hype and being humiliated by their press and their supporters inside 10 games.

Lennon is the man they need to look at, he brought him in to accommodate his preferred back 3, without realising he can’t play in a back three.

There really is nothing in the world quite as satisfying as tims cannibalising themselves. Hilarious :D

Firstly I agree with the posters commenting on his loan signature smacking of an ill thought out punt. Other than the he is a fan, his signing really made no sense and absolutely backs up the idea Lennon sees management about getting your best 11 Players and throwing them on the pitch.

I would also question was Julian that bad and was It a priority to replace him? Yeah he had one torrid game versus Dykes and a couple versus Morelos but other than that I always felt he was more of an asset than a liability to celtic. I think Julian also had a few ridiculous sound bytes but again in the balance his goals, his passing and his ability on the ball for a team who dominate possession was for me more of an asset than the odd big guy in Scotland getting the better of him a few times a season.
I think the plan was for a back three of Julien, Duffy and Ajer. Happily Julien is injured, Duffy is playing like he's never seen a football before and Ajer goes down in a heap if Alfie so much as looks at him.:)

If a team is backs to the wall, defending high balls, then he can be decent. If they play a high line and the centre backs are expected to start the moves, he is useless. Guess which way Celtic play? :D

Back