Celtic disciplinary record Europe v Domestic

mkgers

Combined UCL/UEL Stats
14 games
115 fouls committed
130 fouls against
0.14 yellow per foul (16 received)
0.02 red per foul (2 received)

Now to compare to @Brick_Top's league stats from Jan.

Yellow cards:
Celtic - 18 (the lowest in the league with the second lowest being 30)
Rangers - 34 (5th lowest in the league)

Yellow cards per foul:
Celtic - <0.1 (the lowest in the league)
Rangers - >0.14 (the 4th highest in the league)

These stats indicate that Celtic are not being refereed to as stringent a standard domestically as they are in Europe. Is this what happens when referees dont have to worry where that they will be vilified for doing their job?

The howls of derision from their crowd last night when the ref gave decisions against them and waved away their shitey attempts to win a penalty.

They're so used to getting everything they're own way domestically they can't wrap their twisted heads around a ref applying the rules of the game fairly.

P.S - Between Burke, Forrest, Christie, Sinclair, etc they have some amount of diving bastards in their team. If our players were hitting the deck as frequently as that lot do you can guarantee at least one of our players would have a reputation for diving and have been cited by the compliance officer.

The howls of derision from their crowd last night when the ref gave decisions against them and waved away their shitey attempts to win a penalty.

They're so used to getting everything they're own way domestically they can't wrap their twisted heads around a ref applying the rules of the game fairly.

P.S - Between Burke, Forrest, Christie, Sinclair, etc they have some amount of diving bastards in their team. If our players were hitting the deck as frequently as that lot do you can guarantee at least one of our players would have a reputation for diving and have been cited by the compliance officer.
They have consistently had divers for as long as I remember. Larson, Sutton, Scuba Stan, Nakamura, McGhedinho and others.

Their attitude towards diving and ours are markedly different.

I hate diving as I regularly voice on here and the ‘all clubs do it,’ mantra is a pile of steaming pish. Some clubs are far worse than others and have multiple offenders. The poets are certainly one of those clubs.

Absolutely mate. They're programmed to hit the deck when an opponent approaches them and they expect to get a foul on demand. The thing is this weekend normal service will be resumed unfortunately until we can change it.

Compare the mhedia reaction to one tumble from Defoe; serial diver, needs retrospective punishment.

Dembele spent his entire time there trying to get into the France Olympic diving squad. Not once was he cited or it commented on by the media.

The one he stood on the ball then threw himself in the air with nobody near him was shameful.

They are playing against better teams in Europe, ergo the opposition will, generally, have more of the ball creating a higher likelihood of a Celtic player fouling them.

Saw Collum ref a Juve game a couple of months ago. He was ok, none of his usual nonsense.
Why do our refs consciously contribute so much to making our game so poor? Why do they let so many pulls, barges, 'collisions' go when they know they are fouls? Why let so much go at the start of a game? A booking is a booking if it happens in the first minute or the last. Just apply the laws of the game evenly and forget this 'game mangement' nonsense, it's just code for incompetence and bias.
The refs are their own worst enemy

That's why I put "generally". The stats quoted don't just include last night and even last night would be lower than a lot of their domestic home games this season.
I get your point but last night was arguably the toughest opposition they've faced.

Stats don't tell the whole story but I think it's clear to see with the naked eye that there is a difference in refereeing standard. I'm just using stats to highlight.

They have consistently had divers for as long as I remember. Larson, Sutton, Scuba Stan, Nakamura, McGhedinho and others.

I hate diving as I regularly voice on here and the ‘all clubs do it,’ mantra is a pile of steaming pish. Some clubs are far worse than others and have multiple offenders. The poets are certainly one of those clubs.
so agree mate,allan shearer used to make me cringe,on m of t d,if an opponent touched a forward,he would drop,shearer said "its part of the game" its not its f...g cheating,any scenario

And Liverpool. Suarez and Salah two of their brightest ever stars can barely run in a penalty box without toppling over.

Saw Collum ref a Juve game a couple of months ago. He was ok, none of his usual nonsense.
Why do our refs consciously contribute so much to making our game so poor? Why do they let so many pulls, barges, 'collisions' go when they know they are fouls? Why let so much go at the start of a game? A booking is a booking if it happens in the first minute or the last. Just apply the laws of the game evenly and forget this 'game mangement' nonsense, it's just code for incompetence and bias.
The refs are their own worst enemy

You have answered your own question, these refs do big games in europe and do a decent job(your post i never seen juve game) because they are actually pretty good at it. If they were hopeless they wouldnt be there.

Problem is vicious media coverage and bias above at the sfa they are scared to referee honestly all the time. Its dangerous for a refs career.

And Liverpool. Suarez and Salah two of their brightest ever stars can barely run in a penalty box without toppling over.

Are you really trying to compare Tottenham’s diving with Liverpool’s?

Kane, Alli, Lamela, Rose?

And all you have is Salah who has probably gone down 2 or 3 time recently too easily (Which I have criticised him for) and a player long departed.

Tottenham’s Manager is even on record condoning diving and saying it’s only the Englush who have an issue with it.

Why do you even need to try and bring Liverpool into it at all? This is a thread about Celtc and the fact they have a bunch of divers, not an accusation you could throw at Liverpool.

Are you really trying to compare Tottenham’s diving with Liverpool’s?

Kane, Alli, Lamela, Rose?

And all you have is Salah who has probably gone down 2 or 3 time recently too easily (Which I have criticised him for) and a player long departed.

Tottenham’s Manager is even on record condoning diving and saying it’s only the Englush who have an issue with it.

Why do you even need to try and bring Liverpool into it at all? This is a thread about Celtc and the fact they have a bunch of divers, not an accusation you could throw at Liverpool.

Nope. I was just bamming you up.

Watch them appeal for a throw-in when they know fine well they’ve put it out. Watch them appeal for offside or some imaginary foul at every goal they lose. Blatant cheating by trying to influence referees who are already doing as much as they can for them especially Thomson. What a vile horrible club they are.

They have a sense of entitlement as they get away with murder in Scotland, they are mortified when foreign officials don’t kowtow to their pressure and are officiated honestly.

Dembele spent his entire time there trying to get into the France Olympic diving squad. Not once was he cited or it commented on by the media.

The one he stood on the ball then threw himself in the air with nobody near him was shameful.

If you can't be cited for this then that lot quite simply will never be cited, ever!

The first 30 minutes last night they constantly fouled, were always late into the tackle the ref was quite lenient with them till he finally had no option but to start booking them, as the game wore on they were run that ragged that they ran out of energy to commit even more fouls .

I seen about 10 mins of their game last night (was in for a beer while waiting on the missus & expected to see Chelsea) and seeing the shock on the filth players faces when they didn't get everything they claimed for was a joy to behold. They genuinely did not know how to react! Broony couldn't believe the Valencia players had the audacity to just take the ball off him & it wasn't a foul. Sadly, as has been stated, normal service will be resumed this weekend. ( the 10 mins I seen, Edouard or whatever he is called tried to get a pen by running straight into a Valencia defender & then going up in the air like he had stood on a land-mine)

Expect them soon to sign Tom Daley as their diving coach !

It was the clearest indication yet that when a referee is fair they look very poor indeed.
If only every ref couof apply similar standards to last night. the world would be a very different place!!

They are playing against better teams in Europe, ergo the opposition will, generally, have more of the ball creating a higher likelihood of a Celtic player fouling them.
Our fouls per booking is exactly that of the filths in Europe.
Generally we play weaker opposition in Scotland and have more of the ball.

Christie is up there with Petrov in the diving ranks. Not a word gets said about it either.

Combined UCL/UEL Stats
14 games
115 fouls committed
130 fouls against

Yellow cards:

Yellow cards per foul:

These stats indicate that Celtic are not being refereed to as stringent a standard domestically as they are in Europe. Is this what happens when referees dont have to worry where that they will be vilified for doing their job?
yes looks that way..But i watched their game in Europe the other night and actually thought the ref let sellik away with a few hefty tackles in the first half which would normally be yellows even said to ma son is it Scottish refs on duty tonight.

Combined UCL/UEL Stats
14 games
115 fouls committed
130 fouls against

Yellow cards:

Yellow cards per foul:

Mate, do you have the latest data on this?

Cheers

Combined UCL/UEL Stats
14 games
115 fouls committed
130 fouls against

Yellow cards:

Yellow cards per foul:

Meant to say, is this data from Footystats?

Cheers

Insane! It's also mad you could just change the dates from 2019 to 2020 and see the same sort of result

Its a combination of two things:

1) Refs not letting them away with what their pals here do
2) They are actually getting folk giving them a game in Europe so they have to chase the game and thus commit more fouls

Back