Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

That Scotland on Sunday article is f.ucking horrendous reading

McCann told Burns his pal Cairney wasn’t getting back into CBC as McCann knew he was rotten and refused to entertain him back

Just think. After the 1991 abuse claims in New Jersey Tommy Burns wanted Cairney allowed back into CBC

What an absolute c.unt Burns was.

So given Stein kicked Torbett out of CBC he was allowed back to continue the abuse after Stein died.

Torbett is kicked out again and Burns tries to reinstate Cairney AFTER he was forced to resign

It’s sickening behaviour

IF the victim of the abuse in New Jersey comes forward and presses charges against Cairney and CFC with an NDA to prove he was abused then this shit will get serious as lawyers in USA will not give a f.uck about CFC and their reputation

How the level of the abuse, the number of articles in newspapers and so called police investigations and it taken this time for more abusers to be convicted is a shambles

The police themselves need investigated along with CFC

SFA and SPFL should be forced into making a statement.

They are the governing bodies of Scottish football and not one word or comment from them

Scotland’s Shame

Don’t really do twitter, but can they not block the piece of sh?t, just like everyone blocks us when we ask them something they don’t like.
Maybe they still want to know what the guy is saying, but other twitter followers of him could pass it on.
Regardless, he’s a pathetic waste of space and should be investigated himself.

We could make it an issue though by , continuing to retweet the question every other day to keep it topical and in the news and to ley all MSP's know that this is not going away.

Gilbert The Gimp

Defo protecting his abuser

US police should be looking into this c.unt and questions also need to raised as to how Torbett was allowed entry into the USA given the ESTA Visa requirements

A convicted child sex offender who was on the sex offenders list gets entry into the USA - why don’t the newspapers contact the US officials and ask them how a convicted sex offender gets into their country ??

Bet you Torbett has put the place of residence on the Visa form as Gilbert’s home in California

Wonder if this constitutes any breaking of the law and the US authorities could access Gilbert’s computers. He’s defo got paedo all over him

An associate of Celtic Boys’ Club beast Jim Torbett is trolling the family of one of his victims on social media.

William Gilbert has targeted relatives of the late Andrew Gray in a series of tweets.

One shows him at a shooting range in the US saying he’s “got out all the evil from my system. Let’s shoot for the public inquiry everyone wants”.

In another, he mocks Andrew’s death saying that alcohol and swimming don’t mix.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...-news/pal-celtic-boys-club-beast-16180227.amp

I haven't read this piece but is he not the guy who was abused by Torbett and has a bit of Stockholm Syndrome with him?

you cant re-educate a Paedophile its their sexual prefrance
Jailing them and the segregation to protect them just cost the state fortunes
instaead of testing new medicines and treatments on poor animals who have done no harm to anyone, do the trials on these subhuman c***s
hope the Police that Police act on this, and the PF don't misplace the evidence
Put them in with the general prison population, they may think twice about indecently assaulting a child if they know they will get a kicking every day.Instead they get a cushy wee segregation unit where they & likeminded individuals can swap stories.

No, he played f

No he played for CBC, he is a close friend of Torbett however has 2 kids.
His father was a sergeant in the police but committed suicide.
I worked with his father he was a decent man, although he followed Celtc.

Are you sure William Gilbert has kids?

I’ve often thought that - how the hell did Torbett get into the US!? Surely his record would automatically deny entry.

I’ve often thought that - how the hell did Torbett get into the US!? Surely his record would automatically deny entry.
Mate I had a breach of the peace from 10 years before , and had to go go to Belfast for a visa , I mean FFS .

The sad thing is that Gilbert’s dad took his own life as a result of this. Torbett took refuge in the Gilbert family home when news of his antics first broke.
DIdn’t know that. So many victims of this whole scandalous decades-long disgrace.

This scumbag should face the jail for as long as Torbett for goading the victims’ relatives.

Exactly, you really have to ask yourself what it is they're afraid of.

Most politicians in this country are of the same mind as those who wish all this swept under the carpet.
And the few that are not part of the ‘ family ‘ don’t appear to want anything to do with this as this will invite all sorts of hassle from the Celtic mafia;

That horse has now bolted.
They are fuked this time..

There might be some sort of financial outlay for them , but if you’re expecting a public enquiry into all of this or the football authorities to take the appropriate action , well you’ve got more chance of meeting the tooth fairy I’m afraid.

There might be some sort of financial outlay for them , but if you’re expecting a public enquiry into all of this or the football authorities to take the appropriate action , well you’ve got more chance of meeting the tooth fairy I’m afraid.
No don't agree full public inquiry will happen.

This piece of filth needs a good going over with a baseball bat, is this the defence of that vile club, in trying to discredit the victims,before any court case?

Don't think we will ever see an enquiry. Too many people and organisations would be exposed, sadly.
that's what I was saying above, we can keep this question on the agenda every day on social media. we all have a voice and we could all use social media to make sure this never goes away for them.

The SFA & SPFL will run a mile and avoid any involvement. Doncaster involvement in both parties will be their man on the inside. Anyone expecting SFA or SPFL sanction will have a very long wait. IMHO.

is this not a grooming victim of torbett's?

what a sick and depraved world that sick fucker torbett has built around him

And this...

and this...

Quite a poignant second video too...never saw that before. The truly are a vile, disgusting club who are offended by everything and ashamed by nothing.

It's heartbreaking what the Grays and Kenny (and others) have had to go through and still do on a daily basis.

Cheers for posting that mate.

that's what I was saying above, we can keep this question on the agenda every day on social media. we all have a voice and we could all use social media to make sure this never goes away for them.
Any other organisation would have been closed pending an enquiry, apart for them and the catholic church.

Here's what i expect them to pull.

Remember the name change in 1994 ????

Thought that was a bit weird at the time. Didn't it used to be The Celtic and Athletic Coy, or something along they lines. Overnight its all change. Separate entity maybe. Oldco then, Newco now, nothing to do with us.

The Other Side of Paradise
The following article appeared in Scotland on Sunday on 18/08/96.

So Torbett started the boys club in 1966 , was kicked out by Stein in 1976 but allowed back in sometime after Stein's death in 1985.
Torbett was then dismissed in 1996 for a second time after the Daily Record allegations.

Not sure if this has been asked or mentioned previously, if so feel free to delete/ ignore.

I know that online petitions are all the rage these days and by law the government are required to acknowledge, respond to and in some cases debate them depending on the volume of signatures. Is there any way of setting up a petition for a public enquiry and in doing so forcing the hand of the government to respond to these calls?

As I say not sure if this has already been discussed and dismissed but just a thought to get round the deafening silence coming out of certain parts of Scotland about these crimes

Not sure if this has been asked or mentioned previously, if so feel free to delete/ ignore.

I know that online petitions are all the rage these days and by law the government are required to acknowledge, respond to and in some cases debate them depending on the volume of signatures. Is there any way of setting up a petition for a public enquiry and in doing so forcing the hand of the government to respond to these calls?

As I say not sure if this has already been discussed and dismissed but just a thought to get round the deafening silence coming out of certain parts of Scotland about these crimes

We couldn’t get one to anywhere need succeed when it was in relation to how Rangers had been treated by HMRC.

Re-Torbett
seen it mentioned he got back in there in 1980. Stein was very much alive . McNeill was manager,and Stein had the Scottish job

Re-Torbett
seen it mentioned he got back in there in 1980. Stein was very much alive . McNeill was manager,and Stein had the Scottish job
There is a bit of confusion about when Torbett was there.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44613935
"Torbett had two stints at the Boys Club, the first from 1966 to 1974.
He returned to the Boys Club in about 1978 and stayed until a series of Daily Record stories revealed abuse claims against him in 1996."

Last edited:
There is a lot of confusion around about that point.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44613935
"Torbett had two stints at the Boys Club, the first from 1966 to 1974.
He returned to the Boys Club in about 1978 and stayed until a series of Daily Record stories revealed abuse claims against him in 1996."
Seems to be mate. Different sources have him booted out in 1974 and 1976. Some claim he came back 3 years later,some say 78,79 or 80. And a hell of a lot of Wikipedia pages regarding people connected to CBC/CFC have been scrubbed clean of dates etc

Back