Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

I take it he wont be named while the warrant stands but it he a Celtic employee then?

Or was he using a fake badge?

Reading the article, it's hard to tell whether he happened to be some guy pretending to work for Celtic or an(other) actual employee.

The latter of those and it's another damning indictment on that rancid club.

The story in the Record today about a potential 7th paedo linked to Torbett and Cairney and using a Nonce FC scout ID to lure victims

Is this the story that jf1960 told us was due to break on Sunday or is there another shocker to be printed ?

Victims reporting these crimes to PS in 2015 is extremely concerning

How the f.uck can it take 4 years to issue an arrest warrant ?

I believe as others have stated PS need investigated too

There is far too many mistakes being made and delays in this scandal

FS a CBC player was murdered to silence him

The newspapers have printed the story about the 1991 attack in New Jersey by Cairney and how they made that go away

Keystone Cops would do a better job than the clowns at PS and Strathclyde Police before they changed their identity

Hard to believe that is accidental or incompetence. We have a political police force now.

They do the governments bidding. This is shocking. What a nation we have become.

I am a constantly conflicted here Aspley1, one of the victims state that the police knew all about this in 2015, but again nothing was done. Obviously, Celtc have known this and more has been coming down the tracks for a considerable length of time, but their handling of it has been scandalous.

For me, there can be only two reasons, either they are protected to the extent they think this is going to go the same as it has in the past. Or the magnitude of what is still to come is totally beyond our comprehension and Lawell continues to fiddle while Rome burns.

Think the latter part of your assessment is pretty much bang on the money.

If, in the fullness on time this does see the light of day (and god willing it will) people without opinion on the whole sorid affair will have their eyes opened and the club like no other will finally get the widespread condemnation they so richly deserve.

Yes, but their response has been very measured, calculated and has not wavered at all. As you say, they have had plenty of time to prepare for this and they must still be reasonably confident they can still somehow wriggle out of this disgrace, despite all the mounting evidence to the contrary.

If they do wriggle out of it and the victims get nothing, no apology, no compensation, nothing. Celtics reputation and image as good as finished not just in Britain but the world.

Said this before

Gerry McSherry list he gave to police would be interesting

If he’s named them all in 1995 or thereabouts serious questions need answered by police up here

I think a UK wide inquiry run by Westminster is necessary.

Scot Govt are corrupt

Unfortunately Westminster has way more important things to worry about right now.

Said this before

Gerry McSherry list he gave to police would be interesting

If he’s named them all in 1995 or thereabouts serious questions need answered by police up here

I think a UK wide inquiry run by Westminster is necessary.

Scot Govt are corrupt
I just wonder if Boris is brave/daft enough to call the SNP to task on this one.It sure would be explosive stuff.

A lot of people and organisations need to hang their heads in shame over all this

The police have failed a lot of victims
Celtic have failed victims and have acted disgustingly
Every person at Celtic that knew about this and didn't act has failed all the victims
The SFA have failed
The SNP have failed to even comment on the matter - Horrific for the party in power
Most other politicians have failed victims and constituents by not questioning the SNP
The majority of the press have failed to push this enough

People should be protesting in the thousands for action on this

Genuinely believe this latest one is only the tip of the iceberg and that this really does go much much deeper than we already know. What’s still to come out will almost certainly involve officialdom in some capacity which will go a long way to explain how this has been suppressed for so long.
Why was this not dealt with in 2015?

The police really do need investigated by an external force

Maybe this was put in the wrong file alongside the hanging effigies case :mad:

How high does this cover up go in this pit of a country.
Three Scots, by the names of Gordon May, Jim Lumsden and (to a lesser extent I’d suspect) Andrew Drummond could be key to the answer to your question. 20 years ago I’d occasion to sit with May in Thailand and he wasn’t slow in boasting of the high powered people from back home he’d hosted at his and Lumsden’s then boys club in Pattaya. No names were mentioned and I certainly wasn’t about to ask too many questions.

Drummond ran into problems with these two and wasn’t alone in this. The problem was they had the Thai police and hierarchy in their control. Drummond is a pretty courageous journalist and knows a lot more about these two but whether he could/would name names, I don’t know.

A quick google of May and Lumsden throws up an intriguing story of theft, corruption and murder. The Thai version of Breaking Bad.

Maybe this was put in the wrong file alongside the hanging effigies case :mad:
Perhaps it's been covered up in the filing cabinet by the missing Crankie/Salmond meeting minutes, the missing E Mails between the SG departments and of course the lighter thrower.Classical case of 'do as I say, not as I do' Still believe there is a massive scoop for some journalist to get their teeth into(if they're not too fussy about their job)

Perhaps it's been covered up in the filing cabinet by the missing Crankie/Salmond meeting minutes, the missing E Mails between the SG departments and of course the lighter thrower.Classical case of 'do as I say, not as I do' Still believe there is a massive scoop for some journalist to get their teeth into(if they're not too fussy about their job)

Exactly mate. It’ll need to be a brave one. And with quadruple glazed windows :cool:

Three Scots, by the names of Gordon May, Jim Lumsden and (to a lesser extent I’d suspect) Andrew Drummond could be key to the answer to your question. 20 years ago I’d occasion to sit with May in Thailand and he wasn’t slow in boasting of the high powered people from back home he’d hosted at his and Lumsden’s then boys club in Pattaya. No names were mentioned and I certainly wasn’t about to ask too many questions.

Drummond ran into problems with these two and wasn’t alone in this. The problem was they had the Thai police and hierarchy in their control. Drummond is a pretty courageous journalist and knows a lot more about these two but whether he could/would name names, I don’t know.

A quick google of May and Lumsden throws up an intriguing story of theft, corruption and murder. The Thai version of Breaking Bad.
Thanks IB just shows how far we have gone into the gutter.

A really different angle that could link all the way back mate. JF 1960 could find this useful.

At what point do our club say, enough is enough. We could still be a long way off any settlement or court case in this matter, and I don’t think Rangers can let this drag on too much further without demanding what sanctions the Scottish football authorities intend to impose on clubs who harboured paedophiles. It shouldn’t be up to us to kickstart this, but I’m afraid there is going to have to be intervention at some point,

A really different angle that could link all the way back mate. JF 1960 could find this useful.
I suspect jf1960 will already be well aware of the May/Lumsden stuff as it’s all been out there for years now.
Drummond’s story on the other hand isn’t so well known. He got out of Thailand around four years ago for his own safety. He was instrumental in blowing the whistle on the framing of a former business partner of May and Lumsden.
Drummond has no love for these two but is maybe too young and (even still) vulnerable to speak out yet.
One thing is for certain, there will be plenty of (now) old men who frequented those type of clubs and would have seen familiar faces. Difficult for most of them to justify why they were there in the first place though.

http://www.pattayamail.com/408/news.htm

This might be appropriate in understanding why things seem odd?

May and Lumsden also later featured in a report ordered by Sir William Sutherland, at the time the Chief Constable of Lothian and Borders Police, to investigate allegations that Scottish judges and advocates may have been blackmailed into dropping major criminal cases because of homosexual links.

Regarding their “checkered past”, May replied, “We did not leave a checkered past behind us when we left Edinburgh… There was a report that was in fact ordered by Prime Minister John Majors after wildly exaggerated tabloid newspaper reports (were published) concerning 12 gay cases, all of which failed when they reached court. The enquiry, which was conducted by Lord Nimmo Smith, concluded there was no blackmailing and no gay conspiracy… This report is a matter of public record in Scotland… neither Jim’s nor my name is mentioned anywhere in the report.”

The attitude of sections of the media and the Scottish Assembly would indicate that there's a sizeable section of Scottish society quite comfortable with child abuse.

Linked no doubt to a certain Church which also seems quite comfortable with it.

How is this allowed to happen in a supposedly civilised and modern country ?

It's the institutional raping of children. The most vulnerable in our society.

If you're a Scottish journalist or politician reading this then just let that sink in for a moment and ask yourself why you're not talking about it. Then look at yourself in the mirror ...

At what point do our club say, enough is enough. We could still be a long way off any settlement or court case in this matter, and I don’t think Rangers can let this drag on too much further without demanding what sanctions the Scottish football authorities intend to impose on clubs who harboured paedophiles. It shouldn’t be up to us to kickstart this, but I’m afraid there is going to have to be intervention at some point,
They can’t demand any sanctions as the SFA/SPFL need to have proof of any rule breaking.

As the father of a child who suffered abuse at a young age (non football related), our family felt some closure when the perpetrator was eventually jailed - although the sentence fell a long way short from what we considered justice.

Whilst watching these rancid crimes slowly be exposed it's struck me as a battle of good versus evil and those willing to deflect it at any cost. I know from personal experience these crimes have the potential to rip families apart, as parents blame themselves for failing to protect their child. It took us a long time to accept there are evil cunning b@stards out there who will stop at nothing to gain your confidence and subsequently access to your child. Thankfully over time and a great deal of soul searching as a family, this is now behind us and our child is now an adult living and working a happy normal life.

When I read the comments of Andrew Gray's mum, Kenny Campbell and certain posts on here amongst others, I feel nothing but respect, admiration and pride for those having the strength to speak publicly in their quest to achieve justice. You have my heartfelt support, you will never be judged by me and I pray you have the strength to see this through to the inevitable conclusion.

Turning to those perpetrators and their defenders, be in no doubt they will stop at nothing as they deny and deflect. They will eventually lose everything. A prime example is the prick of a politician who likened child sex abuse to tax avoidance, maybe he thinks I hold the same level hatred towards towards Jimmy Carr as I do my child's abuser. Another apologist of the abusers narrative, whose words will come back to haunt him and the others when the truth is inevitably exposed.

Putting allegiances aside, I wish all victims and their their families well in their current struggle. It will not be an easy road as those with everything to lose fight their battle in vain. There are too many good people out there to let this go away.

Keep shining that torch, the rodents don't like it!!!

I suspect jf1960 will already be well aware of the May/Lumsden stuff as it’s all been out there for years now.
Drummond’s story on the other hand isn’t so well known. He got out of Thailand around four years ago for his own safety. He was instrumental in blowing the whistle on the framing of a former business partner of May and Lumsden.
Drummond has no love for these two but is maybe too young and (even still) vulnerable to speak out yet.
One thing is for certain, there will be plenty of (now) old men who frequented those type of clubs and would have seen familiar faces. Difficult for most of them to justify why they were there in the first place though.

I’ve heard of Pattaya mate & it does sound as if there’s a lot of sexy stuff goes on for those lowlives that are that way concerned.

Wonder how many MPs etc go ? Was it Pattaya that Paul Gadd / Gary Glitter was caught ?

The attitude of sections of the media and the Scottish Assembly would indicate that there's a sizeable section of Scottish society quite comfortable with child abuse.

Linked no doubt to a certain Church which also seems quite comfortable with it.

How is this allowed to happen in a supposedly civilised and modern country ?

It's the institutional raping of children. The most vulnerable in our society.

If you're a Scottish journalist or politician reading this then just let that sink in for a moment and ask yourself why you're not talking about it. Then look at yourself in the mirror ...

Great post Jaws. Very well put mate ;)

I take it he wont be named while the warrant stands but it he a Celtic employee then?

Or was he using a fake badge?

Reading the article, it's hard to tell whether he happened to be some guy pretending to work for Celtic or an(other) actual employee.

The latter of those and it's another damning indictment on that rancid club.

Whether he was an actual employee of CFC or CBC is irrelevant, IMO.

It certainly sounds like he was an associate of Torbett, whose behaviour CFC were fully aware of, so in harbouring him, by extension they harboured his network of abuse too.

As the father of a child who suffered abuse at a young age (non football related), our family felt some closure when the perpetrator was eventually jailed - although the sentence fell a long way short from what we considered justice.

Whilst watching these rancid crimes slowly be exposed it's struck me as a battle of good versus evil and those willing to deflect it at any cost. I know from personal experience these crimes have the potential to rip families apart, as parents blame themselves for failing to protect their child. It took us a long time to accept there are evil cunning b@stards out there who will stop at nothing to gain your confidence and subsequently access to your child. Thankfully over time and a great deal of soul searching as a family, this is now behind us and our child is now an adult living and working a happy normal life.

When I read the comments of Andrew Gray's mum, Kenny Campbell and certain posts on here amongst others, I feel nothing but respect, admiration and pride for those having the strength to speak publicly in their quest to achieve justice. You have my heartfelt support, you will never be judged by me and I pray you have the strength to see this through to the inevitable conclusion.

Turning to those perpetrators and their defenders, be in no doubt they will stop at nothing as they deny and deflect. They will eventually lose everything. A prime example is the prick of a politician who likened child sex abuse to tax avoidance, maybe he thinks I hold the same level hatred towards towards Jimmy Carr as I do my child's abuser. Another apologist of the abusers narrative, whose words will come back to haunt him and the others when the truth is inevitably exposed.

Putting allegiances aside, I wish all victims and their their families well in their current struggle. It will not be an easy road as those with everything to lose fight their battle in vain. There are too many good people out there to let this go away.

Keep shining that torch, the rodents don't like it!!!

Very heartfelt post mate. It’s so good to hear that ULTIMATELY your family managed to get through it, but your point about how it was at risk of destroying your unit was absolutely on the button & totally understandable.

And these animals don’t consider things like that.

I’ve heard of Pattaya mate & it does sound as if there’s a lot of sexy stuff goes on for those lowlives that are that way concerned.

Wonder how many MPs etc go ? Was it Pattaya that Paul Gadd / Gary Glitter was caught ?
May’s a very boastful character however he took great delight in stressing the number of high profile characters he hosted in his club.
As for GG, I know he frequented a shanty village called Km11 whilst living in Phnom Penh. A seedier place than I’d care to see again and guess what......it’s got a convenient chapel at the top of the street for instant forgiveness . An undercover investigation effectively stopped (or more likely just moved) the underage operation from there around 12 years ago.

May’s a very boastful character however he took great delight in stressing the number of high profile characters he hosted in his club.
As for GG, I know he frequented a shanty village called Km11 whilst living in Phnom Penh. A seedier place than I’d care to see again and guess what......it’s got a convenient chapel at the top of the street for instant forgiveness . An undercover investigation effectively stopped (or more likely just moved) the underage operation from there around 12 years ago.

How the other half live mate, eh ?

And I get pissed with myself when I have a bet or two too many :cool:

Whether he was an actual employee of CFC or CBC is irrelevant, IMO.

It certainly sounds like he was an associate of Torbett, whose behaviour CFC were fully aware of, so in harbouring him, by extension they harboured his network of abuse too.

Yup, the papers appear to have been careful about fingering Celtic directly over it.

It'll be clearer if / when he's named I guess.

I wasn't excusing them from anything either. Their responsibilities are growing if anything which renders their subsequent cover up worse

I personally hope that it goes a lot further than Lawell. I’m hoping Desmond has to answer questions also. Kelly with his sudden cannae remember shite during the week has gave a lot away what that filth do actually know. The 2 year internal probe as they call it has also opened them up imo. Now of course in some way their natural reaction will be to try and come up with something against us. Bring it on. It’s just unfortunate that an inquiry can’t go as far back as 1888 when that cult landed on our soil.
All around the world they have been found out for what that cult stand for and the poison they spread in every children’s institution. Every city that Irish republicanism has landed on they have poisoned. You only have to look at some of the major cities in America to see that. They bring poverty and play the victim every time they are found out. They have a so called support that stand outside the piggery and collect money for the so called Irish republican cause. The cause that have bombed our cities and killed British soldiers but they still choose to live here and pay taxes to our government. A poison that I hope one day is eradicated.
And then we get sympathisers. Like corbyn and co. Who let’s not forget wanted to give ex IRA combatants (scum in the real world) recognition. And now we’ve got an ex member of my regiment being pulled in front of courts for what they call Bloody Sunday. Boys that were being shot at on a daily basis including a lot of us who served after that.
They may call themselves a football club. I could live with that if they abided by the law of our land when it came to admitting what their club was involved in. They should have held their hands up. But they didn’t and have tried to deflect it ever since with the separate entity falsehood.
The victims. Bloody hell. Celtic supporting young boys that must have been proud to put that jersey on and then go through what they did? I can’t imagine what they and their families feel now towards that club.
Justice is priority in this for them and I Hope British justice is served on that corrupt club.
Covering all the bases there Zander brilliant .

Was told yesterday that things are going to get even worse for Celtic. My pal who told me this knows a journalist who wouldn’t tell him details but it’ll be out soon. My reply was, how can it get any worse for them? He said that he replied similarly and the reply was, this is just the beginning.

This is astonishing. Looking at what we know so far, how bad can it get?

For the record my pal isn’t a Bear, just hates Celtic and he’s absolutely not a bullshitter.

Was told yesterday that things are going to get even worse for Celtic. My pal who told me this knows a journalist who wouldn’t tell him details but it’ll be out soon. My reply was, how can it get any worse for them? He said that he replied similarly and the reply was, this is just the beginning.

This is astonishing. Looking at what we know so far, how bad can it get?

For the record my pal isn’t a Bear, just hates Celtic and he’s absolutely not a bullshitter.

If this is just the beginning Commodore it's going to get really messy for them and I hope it all helps those who were abused to get some form of justice and hopefully closure.

Back