Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Did the SFA or governing body have any contracts to provide medals and trophy’s to junior and school footy,I think they would have had that void sewn up,we were led to believe these Trophy centre’s were flat out with work.

IF they did we’re there any dealings still when JT was first sent down,did business continue like they had over at the crime scene arena.

Especially if Kelly was on both boards at one time or another, it’s simply crooks/peado bastards in suits.

Last edited:
All the bhoys seem pretty confident that there is more than one team involved here.

If Rangers were in any way involved in a cover up that facilitated a peadophile ring I’d be instantly finished following them and couldn’t care less if other clubs were guilty of same. That’s not a throw away comment, I mean this sincerely.
It seems that’s NOT the first reaction of your average rc rather theirs is one of deflection which is the glaring difference.

All the bhoys seem pretty confident that there is more than one team involved here.

It's a stunning lack of awareness that their fans have.

They don't seem to fathom the depths their club has sunk to. Enabling, facilitating and participating in child abuse.

No other club is in danger of coming close to that.

Is it likely though that other clubs have had predators infiltrate them. Sadly that is inevitable due to a lack of awareness and safe guarding in the past.

I repeat though, any sad mentally challenged trotting out comparisons does not understand the hurt or damage caused by their inaction. And they don't really grasp what their sick sick club did.

They don't seem to fathom the depths their club has sunk to. Enabling, facilitating and participating in child abuse.

Is it likely though that other clubs have had predators infiltrate them. Sadly that is inevitable due to a lack of awareness and safe guarding in the past.

I repeat though, any sad mentally challenged trotting out comparisons does not understand the hurt or damage caused by their inaction. And they don't really grasp what their sick sick club did.

Exactly.

But they refuse to accept the truth mate. In my 49 years of watching us v them they have never let the truth get in the way of their warped mindset.

Involved in a cover up?

What they all seem to fail to see is that despite the levels of abuse being off the scale compared to any other club, it is their continued cover up of the facts and subsequent hampering of justice for the hundreds (thousands?) of victims that is their main issue.

Whatabouttery is alive and well with them and could well be their ultimate downfall instead of taking a look at what they could do to apologise and compensate victims

Last edited:
Hi guys hv posted this on other thread just in case some of you haven't seen this looks like big Ruth taking them on
Thank you for writing to me with your concerns surrounding historical child abuse within Scottish football.

The reports that have emerged in recent years are extremely distressing, and while it is welcome that Jim Torbett and others have been convicted for their depraved acts, this issue clearly goes wider. Any further allegations of criminality must be swiftly investigated by the police so that further criminal proceedings can be brought where necessary.

The Scottish Football Association’s Chief Executive has apologised to those young people who suffered sexual abuse in football and I think he was right to do so. The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football commissioned by the SFA found child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose. The report has made a number of recommendations to address this and I believe they should be implemented as soon as possible. It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this.

Further to this, my colleague Adam Tomkins, MSP for Glasgow, has written to Ian Maxwell, chief executive of the SFA and to Peter Lawwell, chief executive of Celtic FC to seek urgent meetings on this subject. Through a series of criminal trials, we now know something of the scale of the abuse committed by a number of the men associated with Celtic boys’ club. What we do not know is what Celtic FC knew about these offences and when they knew it. These questions must now be independently and fully investigated and, if necessary, a compensation scheme should be established such as that set up earlier this year by Manchester City FC.

It is clear that victims of child abuse in football have been let down, and I very much hope Police Scotland, clubs and the SFA will give them the closure they need and the justice they deserve.

Please be assured the Scottish Conservatives will closely monitor developments on this matter over the coming weeks and months.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Ruth Davidson

Rt Hon Ruth Davidson MSP
Leader of the Scottish Conservatives
MSP for Edinburgh Central
Scottish Parliament
Edinburgh
EH99 1SP

That is correct, it has already been established that it is Hivs.
If it were Rangers, the front pages would be splattered with it.
Celtc are running about like a headless chicken, and firefighting on so many fronts, just firing off at any random targets as a deflection exercise. They will leave no tern unstoned , in their quest to tar as many others as possible. They are finished.

Whose idea was it to start up the Trophy Center business? How did a young Torbett have the time and werewithal to set this up? He was running how many teams and still have the time to create a lucrative business. Of course if you were guaranteed a very large amount of cash would be forth coming, then he was on to a winner. Who was backing him and why? Was it cash or favours? It would be very interesting to know how it all came about.

Easy business model to take to a bank.

"I need a loan to set up a new business."

"Ok. Can you guarantee it will be a success and you will pay this loan back?"

"Yes. I an guaranteed "blank cheque figure" every year from my silencers..."

It’s a pathological refusal to accept the staggering scale of abuse that’s taken place at their own club by attempting to drag everyone else into it too.

But there is no one else, Timbo - it’s just you.

Sounds like the fans of the paedo harbourers have accepted the first part of the RC mantra.

Denial - they denied for as long as they could. Now that the truth is out there, that ship has sailed.

Now they move on to the next mantra.

Deflection - take the problem and moved on to some other to try and save their skin.

Too bad - it all started at Celtic, maybe as far back as 1888, and there have been numerous opportunities to take it to task and stop the rot.

Instead, we see a ring of paedophiles at Celtic and what is sadly looking like a network throughout the country involving other clubs and ‘people of importance’ such as Savile.

How much info is there on how much celtic knew about it, and when? And what can we infer from the clubs actions so far?

This is why the enquiry ie
Hi guys hv posted this on other thread just in case some of you haven't seen this looks like big Ruth taking them on
Thank you for writing to me with your concerns surrounding historical child abuse within Scottish football.

The reports that have emerged in recent years are extremely distressing, and while it is welcome that Jim Torbett and others have been convicted for their depraved acts, this issue clearly goes wider. Any further allegations of criminality must be swiftly investigated by the police so that further criminal proceedings can be brought where necessary.

The Scottish Football Association’s Chief Executive has apologised to those young people who suffered sexual abuse in football and I think he was right to do so. The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football commissioned by the SFA found child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose. The report has made a number of recommendations to address this and I believe they should be implemented as soon as possible. It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this.

Further to this, my colleague Adam Tomkins, MSP for Glasgow, has written to Ian Maxwell, chief executive of the SFA and to Peter Lawwell, chief executive of Celtic FC to seek urgent meetings on this subject. Through a series of criminal trials, we now know something of the scale of the abuse committed by a number of the men associated with Celtic boys’ club. What we do not know is what Celtic FC knew about these offences and when they knew it. These questions must now be independently and fully investigated and, if necessary, a compensation scheme should be established such as that set up earlier this year by Manchester City FC.

It is clear that victims of child abuse in football have been let down, and I very much hope Police Scotland, clubs and the SFA will give them the closure they need and the justice they deserve.

Please be assured the Scottish Conservatives will closely monitor developments on this matter over the coming weeks and months.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Ruth Davidson

Rt Hon Ruth Davidson MSP
Leader of the Scottish Conservatives
MSP for Edinburgh Central
Scottish Parliament
Edinburgh
EH99 1SP

Tommy, again, excellent work mate ;)

This was my reply to above letter if not covered everything please let me know .

Dear Nick,Ruth

Would like to thank you for your prompt and honest reply just as I expected, as you say this has been going on for too long now without any closure for the victims.
However many organisations should be taking the same stand as yourselves such SNP,Labour other political parties, religious organisations Glasgow Councillors,Police Scotland ,spl,sfa and others but seem to be side stepping this evil issue rather than meeting it face on and dealing with it appropriately,I would like to think they would now follow your lead and speak there mind openly and honestly on this and if possible your party inform them of your stance,once again many thanks for your prompt and honest reply.
WAT

Part of an email from Scottish Conservative Leader Ruth Davidson this morning.

"The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football commissioned by the SFA found child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose. The report has made a number of recommendations to address this and I believe they should be implemented as soon as possible. It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this."
Good old Ruth as insipid as ever, like being taken to task by Bungle out of Rainbow.

This whole matter needs aired and questioned in the snp bunker asap.
The iron is hot and with the snp mouthpiece for westminster blackford spouting off about boris being racist today,it might be the time for the scottish tories to fight back.

Correct.

About time a Tory MP stood up against the SNP and shames them into why they haven't mentioned once re a 50 years plus Paedo Ring at a Scottish Football Club and why they see hooring themselves to one section of community for their votes and doing nothing. That those votes are more important than the lives Destroyed by this disgusting club and the acts it committed.

Wh

Watcg the b@stards squirm then.

She? When did he start liking women. He used to back P.J.Proby.[/QUO

But I bet only one let a know abuser return to continue their abuse. But how many clubs had as many abusers 7, we now know of (with possibly 7 to still be named) involved at their club as Celtic did. No other club has covered up for 40 years! No other club has made their boys club change their name to pretend they are a separate entity. No other club paid £1m to a known abuser after they had been convicted.

We know Kenny Waugh kicked out Neely form Hibs and failed to report to police or future employers.

The difference is that Celtic had abuse on an industrial scale, abuse that was known to directors and management who decided protecting the club was more than important than protecting boys from abuse and equally important helping those who had been abused to cope with what happened to them.

How many young men have died prematurely because they were unable to come to terms with their abuse? How many have used alcohol and drugs to cope? How many have been unable to form relationships?

Celtic are guilty of not only failing to prevent abuse, but failing in duty of care to those who had been abused.

I find it strange that for a support so proactive during our struggles they have missed the boat in regards calling their own board out on this. The fans are what counts and if theyd had any sence(lol) they would be trying to get the club to do the right thing ensuring its survival. Cash can be earnt but a reputation comes for free. They are more bothered by Turnbull atm.

I find it strange that for a support so proactive during our struggles they have missed the boat in regards calling their own board out on this. The fans are what counts and if theyd had any sence(lol) they would be trying to get the club to do the right thing ensuring its survival. Cash can be earnt but a reputation comes for free. They are more bothered by Turnbull atm.
That lot aren’t interested in doing the right thing. They are a completely different breed. They aren’t even worthy of the name 2nd class citizens.
A poison of our society.

I genuinely don't know how those at the Piggery who knew of the multitude of horrendous crimes against children and other young people, not only looked the other way but also deliberately covered it up, can continue to live with themselves and sleep easy at night. It is vomit inducing, tbh.

That lot aren’t interested in doing the right thing. They are a completely different breed. They aren’t even worthy of the name 2nd class citizens.
A poison of our society.

And also protected by their own church, the majority of politicians and the majority of journalists with the rest just a bunch of cowards.
No wonder they are denying everything.

And also protected by their own church, the majority of politicians and the majority of journalists with the rest just a bunch of cowards.
No wonder they are denying everything.
There’s a report today ripping a new hole in some top head one for basically protecting his church over abused victims when he was Bishop or Cardinal or whatever he was in Birmingham when kids were abused

A poison of our society.
Surely there are good people amongst them. Honest, caring people. People who would fight the good fight. Defend the vulberable. Realise that wrong has been done and do their best to right it.

Surely there are good people amongst them. Honest, caring people. People who would fight the good fight. Defend the vulberable. Realise that wrong has been done and do their best to right it.

Look at what happened to Hugh Burt & Gerry Mcsherry years ago & further crimes could have been prevented
Look at what the Gray family are going through.

They have no shame, no conscience, no morals they have NOTHING & this comes from the top of their club

Just ask yourself, have you heard any single supporter of that club raise this issue in any form? Then you have your answer.

Look at what happened to Hugh Burt & Gerry Mcsherry years ago & further crimes could have been prevented

They have no shame, no conscience, no morals they have NOTHING & this comes from the top of their club

Just ask yourself, have you heard any single supporter of that club raise this issue in any form? Then you have your answer.

Great post. The only people associated with that club with integrity were/are Hugh Birt RIP and Gerry McSherry.

Last edited:
Great post. The only people associated with that club are Hugh Birt RIP and Gerry McSherry.

Agree with Grigo, great post. Fk them and everything they stand for, im so happy and grateful to support this club and have upstanding morals unlike them. Karma has to come back round and torture that vile club and its support must feel hurt.

They live a lie and convince people their lies are the truth. Look at all the 'good guys' stuff the palestine stuff etc , theyve told the world their the good guys and the neutral in Scotland believes them. Thankfully, we are wise to it and can see through the BS. They had a banner saying its no tokay to be okay for Griffiths, however their fans and clubs silence on child abuse which has led to fatal consequences, from the Gray family perspective. Yet still they remain silent. They sicken me to the core and we mustn't let them forget their crimes, ever.

Agree with Grigo, great post. Fk them and everything they stand for, im so happy and grateful to support this club and have upstanding morals unlike them. Karma has to come back round and torture that vile club and its support must feel hurt.

They live a lie and convince people their lies are the truth. Look at all the 'good guys' stuff the palestine stuff etc , theyve told the world their the good guys and the neutral in Scotland believes them. Thankfully, we are wise to it and can see through the BS. They had a banner saying its no tokay to be okay for Griffiths, however their fans and clubs silence on child abuse which has led to fatal consequences, from the Gray family perspective. Yet still they remain silent. They sicken me to the core and we mustn't let them forget their crimes, ever.

Post of the day AC.

Horrid to the core. We must never stop reminding them of it mate ;)

We need an undercover bear to buy one share in their club and raise this issue at their AGM.

I would doubt it would even be reported in the media right enough.

i've seen a few on twitter speaking out against it , quickly hounded with stuff about seperate entities and other nonsense.

If Rangers were in any way involved in a cover up that facilitated a peadophile ring I’d be instantly finished following them and couldn’t care less if other clubs were guilty of same. That’s not a throw away comment, I mean this sincerely.
It seems that’s NOT the first reaction of your average rc rather theirs is one of deflection which is the glaring difference.
Let's face it, if a family member was abused by Rangers Boys club and it was covered up, there wouldn't be a Rangers supporter left in my family. And that would be true of everyone else. It's what normal people would do

This is a purely rhetorical question, but feel free to answer.

What the fuck is wrong with those twisted, horrible, mutant, scabby, no-shame b@stards?

Last edited:
Back