Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

That is probably the path they are choosing to go down. Let’s hope a public inquiry will completely blow that out the water.
With Ruth Davidson’s reply and Tomkins letter then liewell is obviously listening to his lawyers. They will continue to deny until they are brought before the courts. My heart goes out to these poor victims and their families having to go through this. Celtic knew and their previous employees also knew. Hopefully justice will prevail.
Celtics sponsors in the meantime are being bombarded with emails with Ruth Davidson’s and Tomkins letters attached by a few of us on here. I personally think that if even a public inquiry is launched then I’m sure sponsors wouldn’t want to be linked to that. Only time will tell I suppose.
Has anybody contacted Alan Brazil to see what his slant on this is

That is probably why Lawwell is refusing to meet Prof. Tomkins. Because to do so would be to admit that Celtic and CBC were linked.

Unfortunately for Lawwell and his horrible club there's already been an admittance that they were linked.

This horrible football club for some reason decided their directors had authority to carry out an investigation regarding child abuse within this separate entity.
That's only one instance they won't be able to defend and there will be many others.

Has anybody contacted Alan Brazil to see what his slant on this is
I would have thought Brazil has put it behind him,After all he went on to have reasonably successful playing and broadcasting career while some of the othesr that were abused were left on the scrap heap and have had to carry the memories of what happened to them some for decades,
I do however think support from him would help the victims cases when they hit court.

The need to keep records in the early 90s was not as strict as it is now.

Remember this was for an alleged case of verbal abuse from Neely which was brought to the clubs attention by the players father who was a serving police officer.

Hardly comparable.
Did he find proof that we did not contact the police because I'm absolutely certain he would have tried.

I am still waiting on my FOI response from police Scotland on whether anyone of the 14 names provided by Gerry McSherry has been prosecuted and if so who?

I will be sharing what I get back.

Good luck with that.

FOI Absolute Exemptions
  • Section 44 – Prohibitions on disclosure – where a disclosure is prohibited by an enactment or would constitute contempt of court.
FOI – QUALIFIED EXEMPTIONS
  • Section 30: Investigations And Proceedings Conducted By Public Authorities
  • Section 31: Law Enforcement

That is probably why Lawwell is refusing to meet Prof. Tomkins. Because to do so would be to admit that Celtic and CBC were linked.
They are more than linked and they have proved it themselves many times. Cairney confirmed in court scumtic paid him, McCafferty was a scumtic employee and the scumtic view is full of excellent data in that respect. The scumtic matchday program even confirms their most disgusting pervert, at "their own" Edinburgh scumtic boys club east (well done the VBs). No doubt scumtic paid all the others as well.

But you are right, Lawell is playing dumb and avoiding a meeting because he knows who funded scumtic bc and that any investigation will show the scumtic paedo ring in all it's truly disgusting single entity existence. He is maybe more worried he gets questioned about scumtic asking their paedo employees to investigate their, ahem, paedo employees in 1986. Particularly when they were never aware of it. Yet the scumtic view then asked the world to banish the 'scurrilous rumours' about their paedos.

Yes, Lawell knows where he stands in all this. And a discussion with a professor of law is way down his list.

They are more than linked and they have proved it themselves many times. Cairney confirmed in court scumtic paid him, McCafferty was a scumtic employee and the scumtic view is full of excellent data in that respect. The scumtic matchday program even confirms their most disgusting pervert, at "their own" Edinburgh scumtic boys club east (well done the VBs). No doubt scumtic paid all the others as well.

But you are right, Lawell is playing dumb and avoiding a meeting because he knows who funded scumtic bc and that any investigation will show the scumtic paedo ring in all it's truly disgusting single entity existence. He is maybe more worried he gets questioned about scumtic asking their paedo employees to investigate their, ahem, paedo employees in 1986. Particularly when they were never aware of it. Yet the scumtic view then asked the world to banish the 'scurrilous rumours' about their paedos.

Yes, Lawell knows where he stands in all this. And a discussion with a professor of law is way down his list.
At this point I would be suppressed if Lawwell has not been put under caution.

Good post RFC.

The press seem to have gone a bit quiet with this apart from prof Tompkins.
Really hope it gets ramped up again and the court cases start.
I have chased up the stock market to see if anything is coming of the lack of reporting of their child abuse enquiry but not sure if I’ll hear anything back.
Do we know if the tv documentaries are still going ahead?

I would have thought Brazil has put it behind him,After all he went on to have reasonably successful playing and broadcasting career while some of the othesr that were abused were left on the scrap heap and have had to carry the memories of what happened to them some for decades,
I do however think support from him would help the victims cases when they hit court.

Maybe others who have suffered could move on if they brought it out in the open? Obviously a very sensitive situation and I am not qualified to advise. However, I am sure if they come forward, even on a confidential basis basis they would get the help that they need and deserve.

How is Liewell getting to stay on UEFA committees with all this going on , surely they must remove him from his position,sorry if posted before

Unfortunately a few minutes in the confession box and a few hail Mary's is sufficient for quite a lot of Europe and presumably their delegates.

Not for the victims though.

Cheers mate just had a read.
I can’t believe that Davidson or others have not called out the SNP in FM questions for not even commenting on the matter.

I was getting a bit worried at the lack of response so was good to see that they are on the case

A lot of politicians suddenly find bit of courage when elections are on the horizon, especially those whose majority is at risk.

A bit shameful if you think about it, but better late than never I suppose.

A lot of politicians suddenly find bit of courage when elections are on the horizon, especially those whose majority is at risk.

I’m amazed that not a single politician has had the balls to comment to the FM
As for the justice minister - he is without doubt the most useless cowardly corrupt wanker I have ever seen in politics

I get what your saying pal. I couldn’t imagine myself being a politician as I couldn’t change who I am. It’s so unfortunate that the snp are in power in Scotland as this matter would have probably been dealt with by now.
You only have to look at the mugs that represent them in Westminster. With the tartan ties and the snp logos all over them. They are an embarrassment. Now please don’t get me wrong. 47 years old and joined the army and left when I was 17. You don’t have to plaster yourself in tartan to prove your Scottish down south.
But down here most English that haven’t experienced Scotland see us as anti English as all they see is a nationalist government and wee nickla and salmond before her don’t really hide the fact that they are anti English. So imo and please believe me this is only my opinion. They rely on votes and they can only get the votes from a certain part of our community.
So if they stand up against Celtic then they won’t have the republican vote.
They are not interested in what’s right. They only have one aim.
What other police force can lose evidence ( effigies). Humza? Well he’s proved himself. A justice minister that won’t launch an inquiry into this sordid situation.
I don’t know if you have seen the reply from Ruth Davidson but at least she has been quite strong with that reply and then with a professor of law with his letter now becoming public. No reply from Celtic means they are going down the separate entity path and listening to their lawyers.
I am confident that an inquiry will be launched. They will try every legal loophole that is available to them but they will be tarnished no matter what happens. Ffs in a nutshell they know exactly what’s gone on. They all do. I’ve said it before. Wee boys pulling that Celtic jersey on and being proud. Then abused and the club they love or loved turned their backs on them? A trait that has been proved by Catholicism all round the world.
Justice for the victims and bringing that club to its knees is not just my aim but any normal human beings aim and should be.

I get what your saying pal. I couldn’t imagine myself being a politician as I couldn’t change who I am. It’s so unfortunate that the snp are in power in Scotland as this matter would have probably been dealt with by now.
You only have to look at the mugs that represent them in Westminster. With the tartan ties and the snp logos all over them. They are an embarrassment. Now please don’t get me wrong. 47 years old and joined the army and left when I was 17. You don’t have to plaster yourself in tartan to prove your Scottish down south.
But down here most English that haven’t experienced Scotland see us as anti English as all they see is a nationalist government and wee nickla and salmond before her don’t really hide the fact that they are anti English. So imo and please believe me this is only my opinion. They rely on votes and they can only get the votes from a certain part of our community.
What other police force can lose evidence ( effigies). Humza? Well he’s proved himself. A justice minister that won’t launch an inquiry into this sordid situation.
I don’t know if you have seen the reply from Ruth Davidson but at least she has been quite strong with that reply and then with a professor of law with his letter now becoming public. No reply from Celtic means they are going down the separate entity path and listening to their lawyers.
I am confident that an inquiry will be launched. They will try every legal loophole that is available to them but they will be tarnished no matter what happens. Ffs in a nutshell they know exactly what’s gone on. They all do. I’ve said it before. Wee boys pulling that Celtic jersey on and being proud. Then abused and the club they love or loved turned their backs on them? A trait that has been proved by Catholicism all round the world.
Justice for the victims and bringing that club to its knees is not just my aim but any normal human beings aim and should be.

Good post mate.

I have approached Mumsnet, I contacted their admin first and outlined what I was going to post and got the ok to proceed. I may well have placed the post in the wrong section (it is a massive site) as I never got any replies.

That's not to say not to do it, I still believe once they get involved with a subject they are very worthy adversaries. If we could get replies behind this message it could push it into their most read section which would gain attention.

Or start similar in other parts of the site or other similar sites of which there are many.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_matters/3556978-Child-sexual-abuse
I thought this would happen.
Message from MNHQ: We've had some concerned reports about this thread. We've taken it down for now so that we can discuss things in the office next week. Please do bear with us while we do so.

Tremendous post Zander.

Good luck with that.

FOI Absolute Exemptions
  • Section 44 – Prohibitions on disclosure – where a disclosure is prohibited by an enactment or would constitute contempt of court.
FOI – QUALIFIED EXEMPTIONS
  • Section 30: Investigations And Proceedings Conducted By Public Authorities
  • Section 31: Law Enforcement

I am asking for names of people who have been prosecuted in public courts. Not names of anybody else.

Why would the police wriggle out of providing that information based on any of the above exemptions?

I thought this would happen.
Message from MNHQ: We've had some concerned reports about this thread. We've taken it down for now so that we can discuss things in the office next week. Please do bear with us while we do so.

I contacted them, I thought it best to report someone falsely using another's name while steering the subject matter into tribal politics. The post should be used for fact's of what has occurred and is occurring with the blatant coverup, then there will be no reason for it to be pulled.

The truth of this paedophile ring is more than enough to make anyone demand justice when they know the full extent of the crimes, the handling of the current celtc board, and the snp cover up.

I suppose in a way the lurkers have shot themselves in the foot with this, there will now be a dialogue with some of the main people of Mumsnet as to why the post has been pulled. They now have their full attention on whether the subject matter is right or wrong, it's their choice where they want to stand.

The survivors will not be silenced this time.

#celticknew #snpknow

Last edited:
I contacted them, I thought it best to report someone falsely using another's name while steering the subject matter into tribal politics. The post should be used for fact's of what has occurred and is occurring with the blatant coverup, then there will be no reason for it to be pulled.

The truth of this paedophile ring is more than enough to make anyone demand justice when they know the full extent of the crimes, the handling of the current celtc board, and the snp cover up.

I suppose in a way the lurkers have shot themselves in the foot with this, there will now be a dialogue with some of the main people of Mumsnet as to why the post has been pulled. They now have their full attention on whether the subject matter is right or wrong, it's their choice where they want to stand.

The survivors will not be silenced this time.

#celticknew #snpknow

Excellent again Humbug ;)

Again a standard reply from Mr Green below. I’ve then replied with Ruth Davidson’s reply and Mr Tomkins letter to Lawwell.

We are contacting you in regards to your most recent query to our Customer Service department.
Your query has been now escalated to the relevant department and should be reviewed shortly.
Should we require any further information, we will make sure to get in contact with you via email as soon as possible.
In the meantime I hope you have a great day ahead and thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,
Mr Green Customer Service

Again a standard reply from Mr Green below. I’ve then replied with Ruth Davidson’s reply and Mr Tomkins letter to Lawwell.

We are contacting you in regards to your most recent query to our Customer Service department.
Your query has been now escalated to the relevant department and should be reviewed shortly.
Should we require any further information, we will make sure to get in contact with you via email as soon as possible.
In the meantime I hope you have a great day ahead and thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,
Mr Green Customer Service
That's what I got I think they could be the first to pull the plug

Re the Hallam QC tweet.This brings back memories of the Magic Circle allegations of the 1980s regarding the justiciary's involvement with sexual activity etc.There is clearly no smoke without fire and adds further speculation as to why the authorities are reluctant to get involved, far less acknowledge that there is a problem with child abuse in Scotland.It seems more and more likely that they will suppress this and our dear friends at Shame FC will be only too willing to jump on this bandwagon. The term 'you don't know how high this goes' seems to me to have an ever increasing relevance.

Back