Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

or me the interesting points
Email sent to U.E.F.A.

childsafeguarding@uefa.ch

‎25‎ ‎Jun at ‎11‎:‎38

Dear Sir/Madam,

Can you please explain why one of your member clubs who regularly compete in U.E.F.A.'s premier competition, are still allowed a licence to operate following abuse of young boys for over 4 decades?

Recently there have been numerous criminal convictions of coaches and personnel of Celtic F.C. regarding this abuse. Press reports from the 1980's and 1990's some from Celtic's own newspaper have proved that Celtic F.C. knew about the abuse and actually threatened libelous action against the "scurrilous" accusations against their employees.
The club kicked out a certain Jim Torbett for abusing boys only to welcome him back again to continue the abuse. The abuse also took place on U.S.A. soil during a tour there in the 90's.

Only recently due to criminal convictions and press exposure Celtic F.C. announced that they had been conducting a 2 year investigation into historical abuse at the club, this was following numerous claims that the boys club was a separate entity,which is blown out the water by a report from their own newspaper The Celtic View from 1986, that stated the Celtic F.C. Directors following investigation cleared the coaches and staff accused of abuse, from any blame and threatened the libelous action mentioned above.

This recent 2 year investigation was carried out in secret with no involvement from any victims and no involvement from Police Scotland.
Celtic F.C. must be held accountable by U.E.F.A. for failing in their duty of care to provide a safe environment for youngsters play football. They have also covered up the abuse for over 4 decades which has resulted in lives ruined and the will to live questioned by numerous young boys.

Failure to deal with this scandal makes U.E.F.A. complicit with condoning the abuse of children. An acquaintence of mine had to deal with their son being abused at Celtic boys club and it has been torturous to witness what the boy, now man has been through, he along with the others deserves an apology and financial compensation from Celtic F.C. in order to try move on and live a normal life for the time that remains.
To date the S.F.A. has been silent on the abuse at Celtic F.C. and action must be taken to prevent further abuse, this can only be done by U.E.F.A. as the governing body, taking the lead.
Look forward to your reply

Yours sincerely

Will post if i get a reply, would'nt hold my breath though
That is an excellent email Rathcool Kai. The efforts of yourself and the others I read here that are doing similar, doggedly trying to prise out some sort of justice and closure for these poor victims is absolutely superb and a credit to you all. Hopefully you shall get as positive a response from them as your request deserves.

That is an excellent email Rathcool Kai. The efforts of yourself and the others I read here that are doing similar, doggedly trying to prise out some sort of justice and closure for these poor victims is absolutely superb and a credit to you all. Hopefully you shall get as positive a response from them as your request deserves.
Yes, well done Rathcool Kai, an excellent email.

Email sent to U.E.F.A.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Can you please explain why one of your member clubs who regularly compete in U.E.F.A.'s premier competition, are still allowed a licence to operate following abuse of young boys for over 4 decades?

Recently there have been numerous criminal convictions of coaches and personnel of Celtic F.C. regarding this abuse. Press reports from the 1980's and 1990's some from Celtic's own newspaper have proved that Celtic F.C. knew about the abuse and actually threatened libelous action against the "scurrilous" accusations against their employees.
The club kicked out a certain Jim Torbett for abusing boys only to welcome him back again to continue the abuse. The abuse also took place on U.S.A. soil during a tour there in the 90's.

Only recently due to criminal convictions and press exposure Celtic F.C. announced that they had been conducting a 2 year investigation into historical abuse at the club, this was following numerous claims that the boys club was a separate entity,which is blown out the water by a report from their own newspaper The Celtic View from 1986, that stated the Celtic F.C. Directors following investigation cleared the coaches and staff accused of abuse, from any blame and threatened the libelous action mentioned above.

This recent 2 year investigation was carried out in secret with no involvement from any victims and no involvement from Police Scotland.
Celtic F.C. must be held accountable by U.E.F.A. for failing in their duty of care to provide a safe environment for youngsters play football. They have also covered up the abuse for over 4 decades which has resulted in lives ruined and the will to live questioned by numerous young boys.

Failure to deal with this scandal makes U.E.F.A. complicit with condoning the abuse of children. An acquaintence of mine had to deal with their son being abused at Celtic boys club and it has been torturous to witness what the boy, now man has been through, he along with the others deserves an apology and financial compensation from Celtic F.C. in order to try move on and live a normal life for the time that remains.
To date the S.F.A. has been silent on the abuse at Celtic F.C. and action must be taken to prevent further abuse, this can only be done by U.E.F.A. as the governing body, taking the lead.

Yours sincerely

That's a very well constructed letter. I wish you every success but like yourself I'm not too optimistic as UEFA have always been lenient towards that lot in the past. They'll most likely refer you to SFA/SPFL.

Email sent to U.E.F.A.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours sincerely

Very good letter mate.

Got this response from Brian Whittle MSP
Waiting on a few others

Thank you for writing to me with your concerns surrounding historical child abuse within Scottish football.

The reports that have emerged in recent years are extremely distressing, and while it is welcome that Jim Torbett and others have been convicted for their depraved acts, this issue clearly goes wider. Any further allegations of criminality must be swiftly investigated by the police so that further criminal proceedings can be brought where necessary.

The Scottish Football Association’s Chief Executive has apologised to those young people who suffered sexual abuse in football and I think he was right to do so. The Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football commissioned by the SFA found child protection policies at all levels were and still are not fit for purpose. The report has made a number of recommendations to address this and I believe they should be implemented as soon as possible. It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this.

Further to this, my colleague Adam Tomkins, MSP for Glasgow, has written to Ian Maxwell, chief executive of the SFA and to Peter Lawwell, chief executive of Celtic FC to seek urgent meetings on this subject. Through a series of criminal trials, we now know something of the scale of the abuse committed by a number of the men associated with Celtic boys’ club. What we do not know is what Celtic FC knew about these offences and when they knew it. These questions must now be independently and fully investigated and, if necessary, a compensation scheme should be established such as that set up earlier this year by Manchester City FC.

It is clear that victims of child abuse in football have been let down, and I very much hope Police Scotland, clubs and the SFA will give them the closure they need and the justice they deserve.

Please be assured the Scottish Conservatives will closely monitor developments on this matter over the coming weeks and months.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Brian Whittle MSP

That's the same Brian Whittle, who represented Scotland in the Commonwealth Games and GB in the European Games at 400m.

He actually coached me as a junior 800m/1500m runner and is a well principled man.

Was also sat behind me at our final in Manchester and is a good Bear.

That's the same Brian Whittle, who represented Scotland in the Commonwealth Games and GB in the European Games at 400m.

He actually coached me as a junior 800m/1500m runner and is a well principled man.

Let’s hope they are true to their word mate and get some serious questions asked and ensure a public enquiry is held

Email sent to U.E.F.A.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours sincerely

Out of interest where in rathcoole are you?

Email sent to U.E.F.A.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours sincerely

Great letter mate

Thanks for the encouragement fellow Bears, here is an email to my elected M.P. for Westminster

martin.docherty.mp@parliament.uk

‎26‎ ‎Jun at ‎10‎:‎35

Dear Martin

As my elected member of parliament for West Dunbartonshire i ask that you raise the subject of child abuse at Celtic F.C. at Westminster as the requests are falling on deaf ears at Holyrood.

An acquaintence of mine had his son abused at Celtic boys club during the 1980's and it has been torturous to see the effect it has had on his life and his family.

There have recently, as you know ,been numerous criminal convictions of employees of Celtic F.C. and considering this abuse has allegedly gone on for over 4 decades i think this warrants a public enquiry.

There are lots of unanswered questions and lots of lives ruined by these evil predators.

The poor victims need justice, along with closure an apology and compensation as the case with Manchester City F.C.

I have written to Nicola Sturgeon,Humza Yousaff and Ash Denham without reply from any of them.

I don't understand the silence on such an important issue, it is morally abhorrent to ignore these poor victims, i really don't expect a reply from you either Martin but if you have any compassion and integrity i would hope that you are better than your fellow elected S.N.P. compatriots and raise this abuse issue to be debated in Parliament, as there needs to be answers and its not going to go away.

Yours sincerely

Thanks for the encouragement fellow Bears, here is an email to my elected M.P. for Westminster

Dear Martin

As my elected member of parliament for West Dunbartonshire i ask that you raise the subject of child abuse at Celtic F.C. at Westminster as the requests are falling on deaf ears at Holyrood.

An acquaintence of mine had his son abused at Celtic boys club during the 1980's and it has been torturous to see the effect it has had on his life and his family.

There have recently, as you know ,been numerous criminal convictions of employees of Celtic F.C. and considering this abuse has allegedly gone on for over 4 decades i think this warrants a public enquiry.

There are lots of unanswered questions and lots of lives ruined by these evil predators.

The poor victims need justice, along with closure an apology and compensation as the case with Manchester City F.C.

I have written to Nicola Sturgeon,Humza Yousaff and Ash Denham without reply from any of them.

I don't understand the silence on such an important issue, it is morally abhorrent to ignore these poor victims, i really don't expect a reply from you either Martin but if you have any compassion and integrity i would hope that you are better than your fellow elected S.N.P. compatriots and raise this abuse issue to be debated in Parliament, as there needs to be answers and its not going to go away.

Yours sincerely

Like the tone of that Kai. Telling them they’re assholes before their response, or lack of it, proves it :D

Out of interest where in rathcoole are you?

From near Glasgow mate , was over in 1983 for Apprentice Boys parade in Londonderry and befriended Kai from Rathcool at a night in Crusaders social club, stayed in Shore road and had a great time, user name as a tribute, forgot there should have been an E at the end:)

Copy of my 2nd email to my MSP Derek Mac Kay sent today.

Dear Derek,

I am witing to you again further to my previous email to you on 6th June 2019,in which i asked you to raise questions with your first minister and justice secretary,over the biggest sporting scandal in world sport,the paedophile ring,which was allowed to operate within celtic fc for over 50 years.

This paedophile ring has seen 6 criminal convictions to date,with one member ,Jim Torbett being employed by celtic fc twice,despite being convicted twice on child abuse offences,with other offenders being allowed to commit sexual abuse against minors within this club .

The club itself,has continued to sweep this under the carpet by failing to report the sexual abuse crimes to police (which i would believe could be classed as perverting the course of justice and aiding and abetting offenders).

The governments and police authorities of the time and to date have never instigated a full and independent inquiry into this scandal,which is scandalous in its own right but begs the question ,does rhe government and police have something to hide?,does this sexual abuse scandal reach further up the ladder to those who are perhaps protected?.

As you are my elected MSP,i am firstly dismayed at the lack of response to my previous email to you and also your governments lack of action to investigate this and bring justice to the victims by way of other criminal cases and punishments.

Therefore,again,i demand that you raise this with your government officials and demand that a call for a full,independent and transparent inquiry into these child sex offences at celtic fc is carried out without delay

I again,await your reply.

Yours sincerely

Dear Derek,

I am witing to you again further to my previous email to you on 6th June 2019,in which i asked you to raise questions with your first minister and justice secretary,over the biggest sporting scandal in world sport,the paedophile ring,which was allowed to operate within celtic fc for over 50 years.

This paedophile ring has seen 6 criminal convictions to date,with one member ,Jim Torbett being employed by celtic fc twice,despite being convicted twice on child abuse offences,with other offenders being allowed to commit sexual abuse against minors within this club .

The club itself,has continued to sweep this under the carpet by failing to report the sexual abuse crimes to police (which i would believe could be classed as perverting the course of justice and aiding and abetting offenders).

The governments and police authorities of the time and to date have never instigated a full and independent inquiry into this scandal,which is scandalous in its own right but begs the question ,does rhe government and police have something to hide?,does this sexual abuse scandal reach further up the ladder to those who are perhaps protected?.

As you are my elected MSP,i am firstly dismayed at the lack of response to my previous email to you and also your governments lack of action to investigate this and bring justice to the victims by way of other criminal cases and punishments.

Therefore,again,i demand that you raise this with your government officials and demand that a call for a full,independent and transparent inquiry into these child sex offences at celtic fc is carried out without delay

Yours sincerely
Nice one Tommy , well Done !

Dear Derek,

Yours sincerely

No Surrender Tommy ;)

Dear Derek,

Yours sincerely

Well done Tommy, but I fear we are facing a group hush.Pretty certain that they will never break ranks at all.I suppose the truth will out eventually and it will be intriguing to know the real reason behind it.

In my opinion danmage to the brand and asociation with sponsors is the thing that will damage the bheasts most. That’s where having a compliant media, legal threats and legislation to prevent coverage plays its part. It’s worked so far but there’s too much for any brand to want associated with at renewal time or negotiation for contracts. Brands are scared to appear to support sexist language never mind bheast ring cover ups.

Bumping this....keep the heat on

Agree with B&R mate.

It’s moving well. A load of irons in the fire & it seems we are getting very clear signals from the Scottish Conservatives as a group now.

I think in the coming days Adam Tomkins meeting Helene & Michelle Gray is another step forward. They have the desire, passion, moral high ground & streetwise directness while Adam will provide legal knowhow & strategic direction.

So many of you / us have ensured a wider interest & we all need to try to drive forward but with patience.

These people must get justice. We are doing a great job as human beings helping that be delivered in my opinion.

Would it help to contact the editors of the media as well and ask the same questions of them as are asked of the politicians, that way it would be noted that both are aware that we know they are part of what looks like a massive cover up and that we are not going away till action is taken.

One of the things I did on another bear’s suggestion was to write to Adam Tomkins to thank him for fighting this.
I wrote it as a human being & managed to not mention Rangers once.
If any bears want to even give a little bit of help then writing to Adam, Brian, Ruth Davidson or Murdo Fraser on the effigies pursuit then please do.
You don’t need to write a big long thing. Took me ten minutes or less, just saying it’s a very important issue & I appreciate his efforts.
Oh and I’ve never voted conservative. Until the next election.
They are supporting my community & no one else is.
Rant over :D

Would it help to contact the editors of the media as well and ask the same questions of them as are asked of the politicians, that way it would be noted that both are aware that we know they are part of what looks like a massive cover up and that we are not going away till action is taken.
Oh believe me pal. I’ve contacted all media outlets in Scotland. Along with politicians in Scotland. I along with a few others on FF have received replies from the Scottish conservatives. A standard reply which is a strong reply imo has come from Ruth Davidson and her colleagues.
I will no longer waste my time with editors of the Scottish press.

Oh believe me pal. I’ve contacted all media outlets in Scotland. Along with politicians in Scotland. I along with a few others on FF have received replies from the Scottish conservatives. A standard reply which is a strong reply imo has come from Ruth Davidson and her colleagues.
I will no longer waste my time with editors of the Scottish press.

They are either scheissebags or ***s that toe the party line as that’s been all of their lives mate.
They need to be caught in a pincer movement & it will get justice & at the same time show their bigotry up.

One of the things I did on another bear’s suggestion was to write to Adam Tomkins to thank him for fighting this.
I wrote it as a human being & managed to not mention Rangers once.
If any bears want to even give a little bit of help then writing to Adam, Brian, Ruth Davidson or Murdo Fraser on the effigies pursuit then please do.
You don’t need to write a big long thing. Took me ten minutes or less, just saying it’s a very important issue & I appreciate his efforts.
Oh and I’ve never voted conservative. Until the next election.
They are supporting my community & no one else is.
Rant over :D

Post emails for those three and consider it done

Dear Martin

Yours sincerely
Good luck with that

Back