Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

No matter what comes out,,, they will continue to peddle the lie that the boys club was separated from them,, if they t deviate from this at all, the lawyer's will destroy them,,, i just hope that this lie can be obliterated and them with it

Gerald King, 66
The former Celtic Boys Club chairman avoided jail in January despite being convicted of abusing four boys and a girl at a Glasgow primary school in the 1980s. He was found guilty of using lewd and libidinous practices towards his five victims between 1984 and 1989.

Found guilty of Abuse of 5 children and avoided prison but spit on a priests robe and you get 10 months jail time

Words fail me .....

Every bit as bad as the men who abused.

If it were one of my kids and I knew about it, hell would break loose.

Unfortunately some people and religions act differently, cover it up and continue to offend.

Sick, disgusting, vile, paedo scumbags.
They actually believe we Wouldn’t go after the club if it happens to Rangers

Let me make this clear ya thick lurkers

I would personally make it my mission to have any club whether it is Rangers or whoever be held accountable if I found out that a Child gad been abused

There is no grey area

But you seem to look away

Be ashamed of yer History

Celtic FC must compensate the victims of paedophiles who used their positions at Celtic Boys Club to prey on children, an SNP MSP whose son played for both teams has said.
James Dornan has written to Peter Lawwell, Celtic’s chief executive, asking for answers on how he intends to respond to the scandal.
Mr Dornan, who represents Glasgow Cathcart, said that he felt obliged to speak out because his son had played for Celtic Boys Club and the Celtic senior team in the 1980s.
“My son played for both the boys’ club and Celtic and there is no doubt at all in my mind that they are connected, he said. “I saw it first hand. They may not have been connected legally, but they were closely linked.

“These boys, now adults, had a desire to play for Celtic; that’s why they joined the boys club. The clubs owes these people some sort of recognition for what they went through.”
Mr Dornan believes that Celtic should follow the example set by Manchester City by apologising and offering compensation to victims who were sexually abused while in youth teams affiliated to the club.
He said: “This is a club that prides itself on doing the right thing. They must surely see that these individuals that played for Celtic Boys Club are part of the wider Celtic family.
“They should do what Manchester City did and make some money available to them, but more than that, they should make these people feel like they belong again.”
Steve Dornan, who was on Celtic’s books between 1988 and 1989, was not abused, but remains friends with individuals who were.
“I have written to ask what Celtic FC intend to do to support the victims of the Celtic Boys Clubs abuse scandal,” his father said. “I am expecting a response of some kind by the end of the week. If I don’t get that I’ll be releasing the letter I sent to him.”
The MSP spoke out after Jim McCafferty, 73, a former Celtic kitman and a Celtic Boys Club coach was jailed for six years and nine months last week after being convicted of molesting boys over a 24-year period. The prison sentence is the third to be handed down to former Celtic Boys Club staff after Jim Torbett, 71, its founder, and Frank Cairney, an 83-year-old former coach, were both jailed for sexually abusing young footballers. Some of the abuse took place in the dressing room at Celtic Park.
Gerald King, 66, former chairman of the boys’ club, was convicted of abusing four boys and a girl while he was employed as a primary school teacher, but was not jailed.
Celtic has expressed sympathy for the victims but has insisted that the Boys Club is a separate organisation and not its responsibility.
Thompsons Solicitors, which is representing abuse survivors, joined calls for Celtic to accept responsibility.
Patrick McGuire, a partner with the firm, said: “My message to Celtic’s board of directors as individuals and to Mr Lawwell is ‘stop hiding behind lawyers, legal niceties and legal escape routes’. You are an extremely affluent club, you have the means, you have the ability, and you have the moral compulsion to do the right thing and set up a compensation scheme.”
Simple question. What's in this for Dornan?

Seems like he's known for a while about this and he's speaking out now. .....he should have addressed this year's ago. Went from hiding the truth to wanting answers. Saving himself.

If they wanted us nailed to the floor for skullduggery in their eyes we should make sure they are buried under the floor, in the deluded mind of the bheast normal human decency is called point scoring for the simple fact we are the only team in scotland that call them out on it, they have to go and take their "good"name wi them. Justice for victims first then abolition.

Another piece of the jigsaw. Can we see what it is yet?

Celtic don't go to court....pay minimal sums of compensation....no public or judicial enquiry....maintain that "it has nothing to do with the Celtic of 2019"....

That is the end game.
Certainly looking like the vermin are pushing this narrative now, Dornan piping up now with this type pish is highly suspicious.

A “paedophile ring” involving the most notorious abuser in British sporting history and a Celtic Boys Club coach is being investigated on both sides of the border.

The English and Scottish Football Associations are examining a “partnership” between Barry Bennell, who worked with young players at Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra, and Jim McCafferty, a former Celtic kitman and boys coach.

Last week McCafferty, 73, was jailed for abusing boys over a 24-year period, Bennell, 65, is serving a 30-year sentence for molesting youngsters on an “industrial scale”.

A source close to the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football said: “The partnership between McCafferty and Bennell is included in the investigation. There will be full disclosure.”

The final report from the review was delayed last year to avoid prejudicing criminal proceedings.

However, The Times understands that it will contain evidence that McCafferty took youngsters from Glasgow to tournaments in the northwest of England where they were introduced to Bennell. The information has been shared with the English FA.

Manchester City, which is carrying out an abuse investigation of its own, has established that Bennell took youngsters to tournaments in Ayrshire.

Thompsons Solicitors is convinced that McCafferty was part of an abuse network which involved Bennell and Jim Torbett, 71, the founder of Celtic Boys Club, who was jailed last November for abusing boys.

Patrick McGuire, a partner with the firm, said: “There is clear evidence of trips being organised in both directions; Bennell bringing boys up to Scotland and McCafferty taking boys clubs on trips to the Greater Manchester area.

“I’m glad the SFA have finally taken account of the evidence that we have been putting forward.”
Mr McGuire added: “McCafferty and Bennell were the two most prolific and horrific paedophiles that we know of in football circles. Undoubtedly they were working together . . . it makes you shudder.”

Celtic FC and Crewe Alexandra did not respond to a request for comment.

The Glasgow club has expressed sympathy for the victims but has insisted that the boys club is a separate organisation and not its responsibility.

"Ooft" as they say...

I'd be amazed if Celtic face any sort of sanction for this other than £.

Here's whats going to happen.

Class action deal with Celtic paying the victims off.

SFA report issued tut tutting at a "different time" - new safeguards are ok but just in case here's a powerpoint to make sure this "never happens again" blah blah.

It will impact Celtic financially and their reputation will be dented to a wider audience.

But then the paid cheerleaders will fire up the positive spin on how they now have the bestest and safest yoof system in the multiverse and that will be that.

Rangers FC must demand this, but we will do nothing.

Shame FC issued an official statement requesting an investigation into our Euro licence last November

On this basis Dave King and Rangers should also issue a statement asking for an investigation into Shame FC and the 6 convicted paedos at CFC and CBC and who knew and who covered it up

Time to get dirty here

The vermin wanted us dead and I want them demoted to bottom tier and fined and guilty people jailed for aiding and abetting the paedos

“My son played for both the boys’ club and Celtic and there is no doubt at all in my mind that they are connected, he said. “I saw it first hand. They may not have been connected legally, but they were closely linked.

i find this bit concerning , still playing the separate entity card

I’ve found the tweet, don’t know how to post a screenshot however his words were when asked if he knew when his son played for cbc.

“Nothing like what has come out. If I had, I can assure you it wouldn’t have been going on for so long and he wouldn’t have been there either.”
Amazing about turn from this guy who would call people bigots for merely mentioning what went on. He's realised the attempts at silencing anyone from speaking about this by smearing them bigot, have well and truly gone.

PERV PROBE Cross-border ‘peado ring’ between Celtic Boys Club and Barry Bennell being investigated by SFA and FA
Vile McCafferty admitted preying on ten teenage boys between 1972 and 1996 — including one attack carried out at Celtic Park
  • By Jonathan Whitelaw
AN ALLEGED paedophile ring between Celtic Boys Club pervs and Barry Bennell is to be "investigated by the Scottish and English FAs".
It's reported that the footie authorities are probing a "partnership" between Jim McCafferty and the monster.

McCafferty has been caged
McCafferty admitted preying on ten teenage boys between 1972 and 1996 — including one attack carried out at Celtic Park.
Meanwhile pervert Bennell was convicted of 50 abuse charges relating to 12 lads under his wing at Crewe Alexandria and Manchester City from 1979 and 1991.
A source close to the Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football told The Times: "The partnership between McCafferty and Bennell is included in the investigation.
"There will be full disclosure."
A final report from the review was delayed last year to avoid prejudicing criminal proceedings.

Bennell was also caged
It's understood that it's set to contain evidence that McCafferty took youngsters from Glasgow to tournaments in the northwest of England where they were introduced to Bennell.
And according to the Times, the information has been shared with the English FA.
Lawyers are convinced that McCafferty was part of a network of abuse - which also involved boys club founder Jim Torbett and Bennell.
Patrick McGuire, a partner with Thompsons Solicitors, said: "It was our survivor clients who were able to present the evidence of links between McCafferty and Bennell, and McCafferty and Torbett.
"There is clear evidence of trips being organised in both directions: Bennell bringing boys up to Scotland and McCafferty taking boys' clubs on trips to the Greater Manchester area.
Celtic Boys Club player targeted by paedo Jim McCafferty says trips to play evil Barry Bennell’s teams ‘no accident’
"I'm glad the SFA have finally taken account of the evidence that we have been putting forward."
We told you earlier this month how a former Celtic Boys Club player targeted by McCafferty reckons it’s “no coincidence” he took young players to a tournament attended by predator Bennell.
The ex-starlet told how he travelled south to play against teams run by disgraced former coach Bennell, 65, who was caged for 31 years in 2018.
Bennell was said to be a “pied piper” who told boys he’d make their footie dreams come true.
A judge described him as the “devil incarnate”.
The victim — who was also molested by Frank Cairney, 83, while at Celtic Boys Club — said: “The fact McCafferty was taking teams to England and playing tournaments that Barry Bennell was involved in is not a coincidence.

“There are tournaments all over the place and yet he ends up at the same one as Bennell?
“These are questions that need to be answered.
“I asked the police, ‘How did these guys do their networking?’ I don’t know the answer but I’m firmly of the opinion it was orchestrated.”

I would more inclined to pay attention if he was calling for a public enquiry into the paedophile ring at Celtc

Compensation / non disclosure agreements sweep it under the carpet permanently while appearing to 'get something done' for the victims.

Dornan was on to Mark Daly last week asking for a follow back on Twitter so he could DM him about it.

Dark forces at play here.

If they wanted us nailed to the floor for skullduggery in their eyes we should make sure they are buried under the floor, in the deluded mind of the bheast normal human decency is called point scoring for the simple fact we are the only team in scotland that call them out on it, they have to go and take their "good"name wi them. Justice for victims first then abolition.
The victims wellbeing and compensation is priority,but Celtics hierarchy have brought the game into disrepute in an industrial scale,what is the sfa/spl going to do about it. Revoke their licence to operate for a start.

'Mr Dornan, who represents Glasgow Cathcart, said that he felt obliged to speak out because his son had played for Celtic Boys Club and the Celtic senior team in the 1980s.'

You felt obliged to speak out just because your son played for CBC and the senior team? You're an MSP you piece of shit. You should be speaking out for all the kids effected by this. W@nker of a man.

Why has he waited years to “speak out?”

Unbelievable

Compensation / non disclosure agreements sweep it under the carpet permanently while appearing to 'get something done' for the victims.

Dornan was on to Mark Daly last week asking for a follow back on Twitter so he could DM him about it.

Dark forces at play here.
Also he and the SNP, SFA, Spfl will be attempting to make sure there is no retrospective punishments for the 30 years of historic abuse.

Last edited:
Anyone else think their angle will be "we were a separate entity, but look how amazing we are by offering victims some cash anyway" ?

Aye, slip them a few quid and we won’t need to have an enquiry that would expose the decades of coverups and criminality of the Celtic board and management.

This is a con, designed to let the filth off the hook.

Maybe Dornan has forgotten his own party's outlook in looking into historical child abuse.

Religious and sporting organisations do not come under scrutiny.

So who's kidding who here?

"They may not have been connected legally but were closely linked." Says you you fucking cun.t.

i find this bit concerning , still playing the separate entity card
This is what jumped out at me as well.

“Nothing to do with us but as the Bastian’s of morality and purveyors of charitable causes we are token compensation will be payed”.

Nothing but another self serving shill doing his masters bidding.

I don’t remember seeing this about US lawyers looking to sue Celtc

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...frank-cairney-paedophile-child-abuse-america/

The US law firm said: “We’re interested in having a conversation with survivors of the abuse about how we could help them.
“We would definitely be in their corner.”
A spokesman for Celtic FC said: “We would not make any comment.”

Compensation for 1victim in the USA would dwarf the entire uk compensation amount

I don’t remember seeing this about US lawyers looking to sue Celtc

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...frank-cairney-paedophile-child-abuse-america/

The US law firm said: “We’re interested in having a conversation with survivors of the abuse about how we could help them.
“We would definitely be in their corner.”
A spokesman for Celtic FC said: “We would not make any comment.”

Compensation for 1victim in the USA would dwarf the entire uk compensation amount

^^ This is what those rat bastards fear most!

so Bennell + McCafferty is a beast ring yet the three other chunts jailed + McCafferty are not worthy of investigation?

Glad the somebody else has stepped up to investigate which is the only way the SFA are finally going to act on Beast FC.

Cairney bail appeal rejected https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...rney-bail-rejected-appeal-sentence-sex-abuse/

A DISGRACED former Celtic Boys Club manager jailed for sexually abusing young footballers had his bid to be released on bail rejected.

Frank Cairney, 83, was requesting bail ahead of appealing his four year sentence for nine charges dating back to the 1980s.

Frank Cairney has bail bid rejected
He asked to be granted bail on health grounds but the request was turned down by judge, Lord Drummond Young, at the Appeal Court in Edinburgh.

The hearing lasted a few minutes and the judge said “It is premature to liberate him from custody and therefore I refuse the application.”

Celtic Boys Club beast Frank Cairney stashes assets ahead of expected victim compensation claims
It’s understood one of his appeal grounds relates to media coverage of the trial at Hamilton Sheriff Court last December.

The trial heard his victims had suffered badly from the abuse.

Sheriff Daniel Kelly described Cairney as a "wolf in sheep's clothing".

Cairney is among four former Celtic Boys Club coaches to be convicted of child sex abuse in recent months.

In November, Boys Club founder Jim Torbett was jailed for six years, while another coach, teacher Gerald King, was also convicted of abusing boys at a school.

Earlier this month, 73-year-old Jim McCafferty was given a further jail sentence after admitting a series of child sex abuse.

He was sentenced to six years and nine months after he admitted 12 charges related to attacks on 10 teenage boys between 1972 and 1996.

He was already serving a jail term for abuse.

Cairney was not present in court for yesterday’s hearing.

The floors yours Mr Daley!!
Clowns on here still think the mentally challengeds are walking away from this.

They will on a sporting basis. You honestly think Lawell will give the SFA and SPFL permission to punish Celtic?
On what grounds are the SFA and SPFL going to take any action against Celtic FC ?

I'd be amazed if Celtic face any sort of sanction for this other than £.

Here's whats going to happen.

Class action deal with Celtic paying the victims off.

SFA report issued tut tutting at a "different time" - new safeguards are ok but just in case here's a powerpoint to make sure this "never happens again" blah blah.

It will impact Celtic financially and their reputation will be dented to a wider audience.

But then the paid cheerleaders will fire up the positive spin on how they now have the bestest and safest yoof system in the multiverse and that will be that.

This is the sad reality.

Cast your mind back to EBT era. Now imagine this was us. The statements from other clubs, the statements from the SFA - we would be shut down until a full public inquiry is held. It breaks my heart watching them getting away lightly here. Somehow over time we as a support/people have to take back positions in the media, SFA and government.

Back