Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Right. And i should have the opportunity to take steps to protect my family if thats the case.
And i would question the ability of any individual or organisation to have reporting restrictions put on a criminal charge. Anyone on the thread know if this is possible or has happened? Or could it be appeals? Ongoing cases seems a convenient delaying tactic to me.

I agree Ross.

To me, this is a flag of convenience for some.

You could be living next door to one mate. Hugh Birt & Gerry Mcasherry’s list alone was 14 people long.

Who are the others & where are they now ?

That’s why an Inquiry is vital to the whole population, as well as those already abused & their families.
We could all be living next door to one. Or working with one.

Unlike others all of us normal individuals would report suspicions and concerns to the authorities.

I'd also be man enough to apologise were I to be incorrect in my fears.

That is the difference between the real world and the Harbourers.

"Westminster won't open an inquiry as I believe we are being told this is a devolved matter"

We have had a small amount of Westminster MPs (I have had one) actually replying to say they agree with us regarding having an Independent Public enquiry.

The avenue that with the MP @BlueNose94 is now perusing will get us somewhere.

The on going legal cases are concluded (whatever they are) will potentially have an impact but we will get the result we all want.

This Dam will break
I see what you say QC about them saying it is a Devolved matter , but surely they should realise that we are still in the UK and child abuse is just as vile and as punishable an offence anywhere in the UK or am I wrong ? They never won their bloody referendum so surely UK Law still counts .

The next stage is to shame the shameless

Write to children's charities - Save the Children, NSPCC, national and international warranty ones - and tell them the Scottish Government is actively ignoring this issue. If fact, it is complicit in a cover up to aid a church and a football club

Let it be known that they are endorsing this behaviour if they enter into any kind of partnership with Holyrood. Let's see Chief Mammy and her online army handle that one

I wouldn't hold out too much hope for the charities. They are sucking up to government and trying to get money from them. They will stay out of this until they get the okay.

I see what you say QC about them saying it is a Devolved matter , but surely they should realise that we are still in the UK and child abuse is just as vile and as punishable an offence anywhere in the UK or am I wrong ? They never won their bloody referendum so surely UK Law still counts .
If some offences took place in the rUK, then it's outside of the Nats remit

That’s the way it should be alex. But we have our own government. That’s the reply I get from Westminster. Zahawi’s original reply to me said it was a matter for the Scottish government due to devolution. He could have an opinion but professionally he couldn’t comment as that was the case. Until I pushed him and showed him replies from other English conservatives he then gave me the reply I have posted.
Also sending Mr Tomkins letter to lawwell and Ruth Davidson’s reply. I’m not saying I forced him to reply but he must see something here otherwise he wouldn’t have replied at all.
Another thing I highlighted to him was Ruth Davidson mentioning Manchester City in her reply and the situation with bennell. This brings England into it. The connections have been proved.
Now maybe this will get nowhere but we are getting it out there on behalf of the victims and families. If we fail then we try and try again. To the people that say I’m wasting my time ( and there has been a few) then maybe I am. But if we get justice then I hope you appreciate the effort that has been put in by a few on here.

It’s been mentioned in every email to Westminster I’ve sent. Along with their so called internal inquiry/coverup attempt.

First time poster here. I have been posting on Rangers Rumours for a while. Even the slightest hint of the child abuse scandal at Celtic in any post does not see the light of day. At the same time, posts regarding EBT's, tax evasion, cheating, bankruptcy etc are posted almost daily.

It has got so stupid that in a post from one of them, slagging off a bear who got ostriches and flamingos confused, he mentioned the song Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann and ask if it was Pretty Ostrich. So, thinking I was on safe ground on the topic of 1960's music, I asked the Tim if he liked Rolph Harris' "Two little Boys". Guess what - never got posted!

It is a sad day when, due to the abhorrence of these offences and the potential to offend one particular sector there is now a deep seated censorship of any discussion. It is similar to what happened in Rochdale etc, where, due to the ethnic background of the perpetrators, the authorities shirked their responsibilities for fear of causing offence.

I do not agree with nor support some of the posts on this site, but I have to say that the promotion of free speech is most refreshing.

This has to be a focus for complaint. A potential national public enquiry is off the table until a national regulator's report is issued, which is being blocked by apparent live criminal cases which are apparently being prevented from being publicised by legal injunctions. If this is true this is a national disgrace. I would suggest this is how cover ups are orchestrated in communist countries and African dictatorships.

What are these live criminal cases and why are they not public? Am i living next door to an alleged paedophile?
If your neighbour wears the replica hooped jail top and was not around when these sexual assaults happened then that will alert you to the fact that chances are at the very least they are unknowingly part of the aiding in the cover up of historical sexual abuse at their club and associated connections.
You don't hear any of their older supporters who were around when this stuff happened demanding a public enquiry to get the filthy sordid details out in the open of who knew about it and their subsequent cover up in fact they actively deny it.
BJK and many others in their club and supporters knew about "The Open Secret" so at least you have some warning of who they are by the wearing of their badge of dishonour, their inaction is art and part of a major crime in Scottish law.

Last edited:
That’s the way it should be alex. But we have our own government. That’s the reply I get from Westminster. Zahawi’s original reply to me said it was a matter for the Scottish government due to devolution. He could have an opinion but professionally he couldn’t comment as that was the case. Until I pushed him and showed him replies from other English conservatives he then gave me the reply I have posted.
Also sending Mr Tomkins letter to lawwell and Ruth Davidson’s reply. I’m not saying I forced him to reply but he must see something here otherwise he wouldn’t have replied at all.
Another thing I highlighted to him was Ruth Davidson mentioning Manchester City in her reply and the situation with bennell. This brings England into it. The connections have been proved.
Now maybe this will get nowhere but we are getting it out there on behalf of the victims and families. If we fail then we try and try again. To the people that say I’m wasting my time ( and there has been a few) then maybe I am. But if we get justice then I hope you appreciate the effort that has been put in by a few on here.
Looks like it’s moving in the right direction BlueNose94 and I for one do not think you are wasting your time . Good Luck with what you are doing and fingers crossed the victims and their families will eventually see some justice and compensation and get some peace of mind at last .

My reply...,

I really do appreciate your help in this matter and will gladly email you any further information you require.
On behalf of the victims and their families,they have nowhere else to turn to seek justice.
For months now we have been pushing for this inquiry to get underway as we believe there is a whole lot more to be uncovered reference Celtic football club.
We have a justice secretary that on not only this issue but other issues also that has proved he is not fit for purpose and refuses to speak to his electorate. A very sad state of affairs in a democratic society.
I thank you again for taking this issue on and you have my continued support as a conservative voter.

Regards ****
Brilliant mate

If some offences took place in the rUK, then it's outside of the Nats remit

Mexi; I was on Jury Duty last november in Glasgow, positive it was a big crown
behind the Judge. Long time since Scotland had a Crown, so the Laws made
in House of Lords trump the wee hoose in Edinburoo.

For any lurkers, I will reiterate a point I made about the Big House in London; where that porky feckin blawhard Leader of the SNP ( Ian Blackford)in the Big PARLIAMENT at Scottish Questions, may be slipped an insidious answer at any point, using Parliamentary Privileges, the Cabal
Paedo clubs activities, evading any Public Enquiry. For all David Mundell is
the weakest wimp Scottish Secretary, it would be in HANSARD; the game
would be up & their is NO WAY it could be removed from a Public Record
for all mankind. Its long overdue, tho' its still an absolute feckin disgrace
that any future Judicial Enquiry cannot not begin searching on the two (2)
Paedophiles who have most recently being prosecuted by the Crown; and
duly sentenced to do (serve) time. Its a poor excuse that a Sports Enquiry
could trump a Crown Enquiry & be delayed by some other ghost case,
which if pertinent would be getting shouted out on Social Medya to be
on ur guard,shout outs for contempt? Was the the Big Scottish Child
Abuse Inquiry "paused" during the 2 Paedo's Trials; if NOT then why does
a partial SFA enquiry(legal powers!!!) STOP any Paedo Enquiry into those
bastards being processed as it sure as feck "ISNT PART OF THE MAIN
SCOTTISH ENQUIRY"? Now we know this as wee nickerla has a cunning
plan that No Enquiries Will Ever Be Needed For Sport or Religion; eh ah
wonder where she will go to start that SI? To save anyone googlin it;
Parliament is the only place where "freedom of speech" remains AND
the Law of Libel is Exempt, though is rarely used & could get the Wrath
of Shortarse(the speaker).:mad:;)

Hi apologies if this has been brought up before I do view the forums as much as I can but due to work don't post that much.

Would it not be an idea to try and organise a mass protest outside holirood parliament? Thinking if victims family's were at the front looking for answers as to why they are being ignored and they are not having a public enquiry. definitely no football colours though.

Would also need to be a day when something fairly big is happening in the building when all media are gathered outside an election or something of the like.

Thinking behind it is if there are enough people and enough media coverage then surely sturgeon and her cronies would have to at least acknowledge it which would hopefully get it some proper media coverage should all have printed emails in there hands that have been ignored.

Again apologies if already been brought up just thinking out the box as it is an outrage they are ignoring this the victims in all this and sickening to see that the SNP are only interested in votes quicker they are voted out the better.

First time poster here. I have been posting on Rangers Rumours for a while. Even the slightest hint of the child abuse scandal at Celtic in any post does not see the light of day. At the same time, posts regarding EBT's, tax evasion, cheating, bankruptcy etc are posted almost daily.

It has got so stupid that in a post from one of them, slagging off a bear who got ostriches and flamingos confused, he mentioned the song Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann and ask if it was Pretty Ostrich. So, thinking I was on safe ground on the topic of 1960's music, I asked the Tim if he liked Rolph Harris' "Two little Boys". Guess what - never got posted!

It is a sad day when, due to the abhorrence of these offences and the potential to offend one particular sector there is now a deep seated censorship of any discussion. It is similar to what happened in Rochdale etc, where, due to the ethnic background of the perpetrators, the authorities shirked their responsibilities for fear of causing offence.

I do not agree with nor support some of the posts on this site, but I have to say that the promotion of free speech is most refreshing.

Coolatballet: Whit? Free Speech is a Popular Misconception, see bottom of post
P.189/9421 or google/wiki.it :confused:

I agree Ross.

To me, this is a flag of convenience for some.

GY; Trawled about a bit this morning, found the quote re-: Some of the Abuse was carried out within the Celtic Park Dressing Rooms; from Laura Conner (Thompsons)
from the Sun 14th Dec @ Big Franks conviction. Was also mentioned it was at the
Barrowfield Training Ground on Celtic Football Club ( 9 charges between 1965-1986) though he was at Club from 1971- 1991( after USA Trip). So if a Partner from
Thompsons is stating this in a paper, is it also safe to assume that the paper report
is from led evidence in court (as charged) from the actual trial? @George Goudie,
will try & catch you later today bro. apologies. Seems I was following the wrong
paedo for that info.as pm.:confused::oops::mad:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boys-club-in-abuse-scandal-used-celtic-fc-child-policy-jgdrvx69v
Boys’ club in abuse scandal used Celtic FC child policy

Celtic FC and its scandal-hit feeder club shared an identical child protection policy, undermining the Scottish Premiership outfit’s refusal to accept responsibility for systematic sexual abuse.
Four men who held senior roles with Celtic Boys Club (CBC) have been convicted of molesting dozens of children over three decades. While expressing “regret and sorrow” for the victims, Celtic FC insists that it is not legally responsible for the abuse, describing the boys’ club as an entirely separate organisation.
However, it has emerged that both organisations shared a child protection policy, entitled Aware and Confident, which was introduced in 1997, months after abuse allegations first appeared in the press.
The Times has also seen an archived copy of the CBC website on which it describes itself as “the only official Celtic Boys Club” and features an image of young players and officials at Celtic Park.

“The privileged place we hold in the worldwide Celtic family will never be taken for granted,” it says.
The boys’ club site also confirmed that its registered address was “Barrowfield Park, Glasgow”, a Celtic FC training ground.
The child protection document stresses that CBC had an independent constitution, officers and rules, but adds: “The boys’ club has a long and proud association with Celtic FC which has proved of mutual benefit. CBC has agreed to implement this code of practice.
“This means that staff and volunteers working with the boys’ club will be subject to the same code of ethics, vetting procedures, good practice and procedural requirements as applies to staff and volunteers of Celtic FC.” Its stated goal was to eradicate the risk of abuse to boys in teams which are “legitimately using the name Celtic”.
Celtic FC began an internal investigation in 1986 after media reports raised serious concerns about child welfare. Frank Cairney, the CBC general manager, was allowed to continue in his role after the club found “nothing to substantiate” the claims. He finally left his role in 1991 amid allegations that he abused a boy on an American summer tour.
However, in 2008 the CBC website paid tribute to Cairney, saying: “The section on the history of the club would not have been possible without the assistance of Mr Frank Cairney. We are grateful to him for that assistance.”
His victims had to wait until last December before Cairney, 83, was convicted of nine charges of sexually abusing young footballers. Cairney, who is serving a four-year jail sentence, abused boys in a dressing room at Celtic Park.
A report on the CBC website, which was deleted after the club was renamed St Patrick’s Sports Academy last year, noted: “The future success of the boys’ club was probably secured when Frank Cairney was appointed general manager in 1970.
“His brief was to develop and recruit players for Celtic FC.”
In May The Times published articles from the Celtic View, the club’s official magazine, which spoke of an “official connection” between Celtic FC and CBC.
Patrick McGuire, a partner at Thompsons Solicitors who is pursuing claims against Celtic FC on behalf of dozens of abuse survivors, said: “This is yet more evidence, if any more evidence is required, of the absolute legal interconnection and interdependence between Celtic Boys Club and the football club.”
Celtic FC, which denies CBC was its feeder club, failed to respond to a request for comment.
Last month Peter Lawwell, the chief executive of Celtic FC, claimed that the club had been conducting its own internal investigation. He added: “It would be quite inappropriate for us to be discussing highly sensitive and confidential legal matters in the media, and we will not do so, even if that means we come under criticism for following the due legal process.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/boys-club-in-abuse-scandal-used-celtic-fc-child-policy-jgdrvx69v

Celtic FC and its scandal-hit feeder club shared an identical child protection policy, undermining the Scottish Premiership outfit’s refusal to accept responsibility for systematic sexual abuse.
Four men who held senior roles with Celtic Boys Club (CBC) have been convicted of molesting dozens of children over three decades. While expressing “regret and sorrow” for the victims, Celtic FC insists that it is not legally responsible for the abuse, describing the boys’ club as an entirely separate organisation.
However, it has emerged that both organisations shared a child protection policy, entitled Aware and Confident, which was introduced in 1997, months after abuse allegations first appeared in the press.
The Times has also seen an archived copy of the CBC website on which it describes itself as “the only official Celtic Boys Club” and features an image of young players and officials at Celtic Park.

“The privileged place we hold in the worldwide Celtic family will never be taken for granted,” it says.
The boys’ club site also confirmed that its registered address was “Barrowfield Park, Glasgow”, a Celtic FC training ground.
The child protection document stresses that CBC had an independent constitution, officers and rules, but adds: “The boys’ club has a long and proud association with Celtic FC which has proved of mutual benefit. CBC has agreed to implement this code of practice.
“This means that staff and volunteers working with the boys’ club will be subject to the same code of ethics, vetting procedures, good practice and procedural requirements as applies to staff and volunteers of Celtic FC.” Its stated goal was to eradicate the risk of abuse to boys in teams which are “legitimately using the name Celtic”.
Celtic FC began an internal investigation in 1986 after media reports raised serious concerns about child welfare. Frank Cairney, the CBC general manager, was allowed to continue in his role after the club found “nothing to substantiate” the claims. He finally left his role in 1991 amid allegations that he abused a boy on an American summer tour.
However, in 2008 the CBC website paid tribute to Cairney, saying: “The section on the history of the club would not have been possible without the assistance of Mr Frank Cairney. We are grateful to him for that assistance.”
His victims had to wait until last December before Cairney, 83, was convicted of nine charges of sexually abusing young footballers. Cairney, who is serving a four-year jail sentence, abused boys in a dressing room at Celtic Park.
A report on the CBC website, which was deleted after the club was renamed St Patrick’s Sports Academy last year, noted: “The future success of the boys’ club was probably secured when Frank Cairney was appointed general manager in 1970.
In May The Times published articles from the Celtic View, the club’s official magazine, which spoke of an “official connection” between Celtic FC and CBC.
Patrick McGuire, a partner at Thompsons Solicitors who is pursuing claims against Celtic FC on behalf of dozens of abuse survivors, said: “This is yet more evidence, if any more evidence is required, of the absolute legal interconnection and interdependence between Celtic Boys Club and the football club.”
Celtic FC, which denies CBC was its feeder club, failed to respond to a request for comment.
Last month Peter Lawwell, the chief executive of Celtic FC, claimed that the club had been conducting its own internal investigation. He added: “It would be quite inappropriate for us to be discussing highly sensitive and confidential legal matters in the media, and we will not do so, even if that means we come under criticism for following the due legal process.”

How many smoking guns does Holyrood need to finally stand up for the victims and confront that disgusting club ?

That's in the NATIONAL Times? Not the Scottish version? Is that going to print or just on-line? Wow!

Am I confused?

Are they saying the child policy is linked with CBC / used by CBC to protect against other unofficial clubs using the name "Celtic" and abusing boys?

In other words CBC is the official and only one?

(Now a "seperate" identity)

This Marc Horne guy at the times might be worth forwarding some of your emails to from MP and MSPs . He has written quite a few articles now on this subject. Seems to be the only one with the moral courage to dig into this.

If Marc Horne aided by the content in the emails can do a piece on the lack of action from the Scottish Government that could be very interesting. The main inquiry has been hampered from the very first day by political interference leading to the resignations of the board who were tasked with gaining justice for the abused.
The lack of investigation into religious and sporting organisations by the SNP is a brazen disgusting sham to protect their vote.

GY; Trawled about a bit this morning, found the quote re-: Some of the Abuse was carried out within the Celtic Park Dressing Rooms; from Laura Conner (Thompsons)
from the Sun 14th Dec @ Big Franks conviction. Was also mentioned it was at the
Barrowfield Training Ground on Celtic Football Club ( 9 charges between 1965-1986) though he was at Club from 1971- 1991( after USA Trip). So if a Partner from
Thompsons is stating this in a paper, is it also safe to assume that the paper report
is from led evidence in court (as charged) from the actual trial? @George Goudie,
will try & catch you later today bro. apologies. Seems I was following the wrong
paedo for that info.as pm.:confused::oops::mad:

Thanks very much WB ;)

glad its still getting attention, proof its not going away like some think.

When this reaches its conclusion we really should go after all the journalists, MPs, MSPs, social commentators who have played their part in the cover up. They always say their hands were tied or couldn't mention it because of legality! Why is this Times journalist only writing about it?
It's grotesque, this pretend big International, everyone loves us, club is ignoring its responsibilities.

When this reaches its conclusion we really should go after all the journalists, MPs, MSPs, social commentators who have played their part in the cover up. They always say their hands were tied or couldn't mention it because of legality! Why is this Times journalist only writing about it?
It's grotesque, this pretend big International, everyone loves us, club is ignoring its responsibilities.
Oh believe me there are a few of us already going after them. When we get results everything will be posted on here.

That's in the NATIONAL Times? Not the Scottish version? Is that going to print or just on-line? Wow!
I wonder how their PR company will deal with this.
It really does show what sort of moral compass these rats have
Most if not all other clubs to have had these disgusting bastards have apologised etc but these bastards are still trying to deny it even though they have had the biggest peado ring in world sport

The place needs pulled down the same as they did with Fred West’s house

Evil bastards

Most if not all other clubs to have had these disgusting bastards have apologised etc but these bastards are still trying to deny it even though they have had the biggest peado ring in world sport

Evil bastards

they will deal with it by talking about rangers finances and blaming a referee for being a mason.

This Marc Horne guy at the times might be worth forwarding some of your emails to from MP and MSPs . He has written quite a few articles now on this subject. Seems to be the only one with the moral courage to dig into this.
Me and a few others contacted The Times a few months back. Maybe longer in fact. The letter was addressed to The Times. It certainly looks like Mr Horne has done his homework. If not already done then this will be forwarded to Adam Tomkins but I’m guessing he will already have seen it.

Evil bastards
That’s why we won’t stop going after them Fraser.

Why would Celtic fc need a child policy if they didn’t have a boys club ?

Would a child policy not be required for any workplace where children might be?

As in, not in a factory or pub where they're not allowed but in a football club where ball boys are used or young fans are taken on tours etc?

I never knew Ruth mentioned Man City.

Has honest Ruth mentioned celtic at all since news of their paedophile ring was exposed ?

Response from Willie Rennie

Sorry for the late reply. As I am not a local constituency MSP it is difficult for me but I have been watching and reading the efforts of Adam Tomkins who has raised it in Parliament and through the media. I have contacted him to ask if I can be of assistance with seeking a resolution and justice for these appalling events.

Willie

Willie Rennie
Leader, Scottish Liberal Democrats
Member of the Scottish Parliament, North East Fife

Three sentences! Disgusting from a leader of the opposition. It’s a nation scandal it shouldn’t matter it’s not in his constituency. Sums up the farce that is the Scottish Parliament.

This site is a useful portfolio of the articles written by Marc Horne - there are at least 11 relating to this scandal. This guy appears to be almost singlehandedly keeping this story in the public domain, so he might appreciate any further ammunition anyone is able to provide.

https://muckrack.com/marc-horne/articles
For those who can, get sharing this link and stories as far as possible.

Back