Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The Police, SFA and the nats are still hiding behind this "ongoing case" statement, how would we go about finding out who this supposed individual is.

Surely its in the public's interest to be told if there is another child molester still at large!
Lainey it’s not just the snp who are using that terminology. The conservatives at Holyrood are saying it to.

If the SFA dares to take action against Dave King because of the decision of the take over panel, then they will see a shitfest of "whataboutery" in connection with their prolonged refusal to grasp the nettle concerning the club like no other.

This could get nasty and let me make it crystal clear it will not be about point scoring, it will be about justice and decency.

Last edited:
The Police, SFA and the nats are still hiding behind this "ongoing case" statement, how would we go about finding out who this supposed individual is.

Surely its in the public's interest to be told if there is another child molester still at large!

It may be referring to the so-called 'scout' that's vanished into thin air. I personally don't think he is a scout, but does have connections to the club.

The Police aren't doing a very good job in finding him, if he exists, as some people have doubts about.

A paedophile at large and no pics for the public to assist in catching the rat? If he does indeed exist (I think he does), then why aren't we trying to protect our children by doing everything we can to catch him? Something reeks here.

Horrific reading what these kids have had to endure and the sooner the World starts waking up and taking heed to what is probably still going on the better for everybody . Why does CFC insist on ignoring what went on at their ( Yes ! Their Boy’s Club ) ? They will never be forgotten for ignoring the victims whereas Man. City gets plaudits for apologising and compensating the victims at their Club showing the class they have compared to those who choose to deny the victims .

Outwith Kenny Campbell and the Gray family, are there any other victims putting pressure on Celtic?

Reason I ask is I thought there would me more pressure via their Solicitors after the success of Kim Leslie of Digby Brown.

I'm now at a complete loss as to why Patrick McGuire hasn't served those writs he keeps threatening Celtic with.

email to Glasgow City Council Child protection team

To:scdchildrenandfamilies@glasgow.gov.uk

‎5‎ ‎Oct at ‎15‎:‎02

Dear Sir/Madam,

I write this correspondence to your child protection team as an extremely concerned member of the public. My colleague has a son who plays football with St.Patricks boys club, formerly known as Celtic boys club. As you maybe aware the Celtic F.C. , C.E.O. Mr Peter Lawwell recently announced that the club had conducted a 2 year "internal" investigation into child sex abuse at the club.
I am intrigued as to the merits of this secret investigation, is it an investigation into historic child sex abuse at the club, or ongoing sex abuse at the club?, or both?

To my knowledge to date there have been no findings released, reference this investigation. None of the victims of historic abuse were interviewed, Police Scotland were not involved, present players with St. Patricks boys club were also not interviewed, so it begs the question, "Did this alleged investigation ever happen?"

As my representative City Council, i request that your child protection team also investigate this investigation In order to find out if it is safe for parents to allow their children to attend training/matches at Celtic F.C./St. Patricks boys club? as at present there appears to be a cloud of secrecy pertaining to this club and it's investigation.

I have requested information from Mr Lawwell without reply, also from Police Scotland who are also "in the dark", so that leaves only the option of your child protection team to try find out this information in order to keep our children safe,I would be most grateful if you could obtain the answer's to my question's,on behalf of my colleague, from Mr Lawwell, as i think he would be more likely to reply to Glasgow City Council, who issue safety and other licences to his club, than myself.

Thank you and look forward to your reply.

Kind regards
R.K.

The best contribution on this subject. There should be no hiding place for these deviants. NONE.

Mr McCallum has been decreed a heretic.

He said: “I wanted to alert McRae to possible breaches in child protection policies within the SYFA. I don’t feel things have been properly addressed.

“But there’s a minority in it for sinister purposes. My intention has only ever been to alert people to a potential problem.

“I’ve tried this year to re-register as a coach but have been unable to do so. It appears I’m now banned indefinitely.”

Sinister as fu(k.

Bump

Interesting article. Theresa you say? Ummmm.

Theresa’s inspiration for her new novel came from a chance meeting with Glasgow taxi driver David Gordon.

The pair got talking and, soon, David revealed he had been a whistleblower in the original trial of Celtic Boys Club founder Jim Torbett during the 1990s.

It was with the help of his testimony that Torbett was jailed for his historic crimes. He was later caged again after more victims came forward.

While the book is inspired by real events, Theresa is keen to stress it is a work of fiction.

Coward

Recently we’ve noticed replies from some MSP’s stating that they cannot proceed with an inquiry whilst criminal proceedings are ongoing. It maybe a good idea to reply with the below.

• the benefit of legal experience in instances when an inquiry is running concurrently with criminal proceedings.

It clearly states the above in the extract below.

Under the terms of the Inquiries Act 2005, appointments are solely at the discretion of the responsible minister.36 They are required to consult whoever they want to appoint, but otherwise there are few rules and even fewer guidelines regarding appointments. The only statutory requirement relates to judicial appointments; should a minister want to invite a judge to sit as a chair or a panellist, they must consult with the responsible senior judge or Lord Chief Justice.37
Judges have been the preferred choice to chair most public inquiries since 1990 (see Figure 4). Out of the 68 public inquiries run between 1990 and 2017, 44 had/have judicial chairs.* There are many reasons why judges are such a popular choice, with several commonly cited strengths including:
• political independence
• experience of running hearings
• the ability to analyse information and uncover facts
• the benefit of legal experience in instances when an inquiry is running concurrently with criminal proceedings
• an understanding of legal and procedural complexity.38
The point on political independence is particularly important. Many inquiries deal with failures of government and its institutions, and protecting the independence of inquiries is a priority.39 Chairs must be independent from the issue to support the confidence of the victims and their families and groups. By virtue of their training and their judicial oath, judges are bound to be independent of both the issue and wider politics. Failure to command the trust of the victims saw the Independent Inquiry into

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/sites/default/files/publications/Public Inquiries (final).pdf

Last edited:
If the SFA dares to take action against Dave King because of the decision of the take over panel, then they will see a shitfest of "whataboutery" in connection with their prolonged refusal to grasp the nettle concerning the club like no other.

This could get nasty and let me make it crystal clear it will not be about point scoring, it will be about justice and decency.

I agree. My guess is that the SFA will be discretely reminded of this and will back off.

It may be referring to the so-called 'scout' that's vanished into thin air. I personally don't think he is a scout, but does have connections to the club.

The Police aren't doing a very good job in finding him, if he exists, as some people have doubts about.

A paedophile at large and no pics for the public to assist in catching the rat? If he does indeed exist (I think he does), then why aren't we trying to protect our children by doing everything we can to catch him? Something reeks here.

It's all very convenient having this mystery perpetrator and an ongoing case. Keeps any substantive action from being taken.

Things are moving along steadily in the background. Be rest assured some of the political community are taking the abuse in Scottish football very seriously. I choose my words carefully because it’s the whole of Scottish football and not just one club.
I don't think there is one bear that would object to a broad investigation of Scottish Football as long as it was done honestly and without bias in scope and allocation of judgement, and that compensation levels and responsibilities were just.

If it's a stitch up, I don't think anyone will rest quietly even though it would be another major blow.

I don't think there is one bear that would object to a broad investigation of Scottish Football as long as it was done honestly and without bias in scope and allocation of judgement, and that compensation levels and responsibilities were just.

If it's a stitch up, I don't think anyone will rest quietly even though it would be another major blow.
Sorry. Excuse my ignorance. What do you mean when you say stitch up?

I agree. My guess is that the SFA will be discretely reminded of this and will back off.
Ah! the old “ Fit and proper person “ routine , You couldn’t mark their necks with a blowtorch , are they going to try and convince us that the den of iniquity in the east end of Glasgow is run by and always has been run by “ Fit and proper persons “ ? Excuse me ! i think i am about to throw up violently :mad:

Sorry. Excuse my ignorance. What do you mean when you say stitch up?
A travesty of justice. Legal proceedings that are extremely suspicious.

No-one can convince me that there was nothing illegal that went on with Whyte and Green and their lot. Yet they somehow stood trial and are now clear of all charges??

Even Somers, or whoever entered into the contract with SDI! In the US there is a Fiduciary Duty placed on all chair-people which is basically a general rule that you must always do what is best for the company for which you work. Surely there is something similar in Scotland.

Too many times it seems, the guilty or complicit are overseeing the punishment over one of their cohorts.

Everyone and their sister knows what the truth is should there be a true, unbiased investigation. Anything other than those scum being completely and utterly shamed and disgraced will fall well short of what they deserve.

Anything other than the victims of ALL abusers being satisfied will fall well short of the point of all of this.

Last edited:
Am I taking things too far by sugesting that anyone not in favour of a full Independent Inquiry is complicit in the cover up? I don't think I am.

Only those with something to hide would be against this.

What's going in on Scotland right now is beyond the pale. It cannot be allowed to continue unchallenged. We have a Justice Secretary hell-bent on protecting the reputation of his favourite club, and treating victims of child sex abuse and their families with utter disdain.

Why are Celtic and the Scottish Government getting away with this? Isn't there anyone out there brave enough to meet them head-on?

Finally, and I've asked this before, can anyone please explain why Patrick McGuire hasn't served those writs?

Am I taking things too far by sugesting that anyone not in favour of a full Independent Inquiry is complicit in the cover up? I don't think I am.

What's going in on Scotland right now is beyond the pale. It cannot be allowed to continue unchallenged. We have a Justice Secretary hell-bent on protecting the reputation of his favourite club, and treating victims of child sex abuse and their families with utter disdain.

Why are Celtic and the Scottish Government getting away with this? Isn't there anyone out there brave enough to meet them head-on?

Finally, and I've asked this before, can anyone please explain why Patrick McGuire hasn't served those writs?
Could be wrong but thought I heard the other day somewhere that his staff are wanting bonus money because of the extra workload they are being asked to do and we're refused

Currently reading Gladwells "Talking to Strangers" and a chapter is dedicated to Penn State. The similarities are unbelievable between Penn State and them - but - I actually think MORE boys were molested at Celtic than Penn State, yet Penn State paid out over $100 million in compensation.

Some facts:

-When on trial, 8 boys testified against him. 8. We know for a fact that there are more than that involved with the Celtic paedophile ring.

-When he was caught in the shower performing an act on a minor, he was reported. In 2001. It was 2011 before they did anything about it.

- Folk were charged with conspiracy, obstruction of justice and failure to report a case of child abuse. The president of the club was charged 6 years later with child endangerment.

Scotlands authorities - where the fk are you????

Was discussing this sordid affair with a workmate, he sees the governments failure to come out with any meaningful action against the beggars is pure and simply down to the rc vote, the rc church more or less could bring them down through the pulpit, also given the amount of rc’s in top jobs in proportion to non rc’s is mind boggling and only helps hinder any proper investigation, we know that there will be a documentary coming out soon about the levels of abuse that have been carried out and uncovered to date and by that I would hope that this will unsettle the beggars, flushing them out and punished fully by the law and not some sort of made up Scottish legal junta.

Was discussing this sordid affair with a workmate, he sees the governments failure to come out with any meaningful action against the beggars is pure and simply down to the rc vote, the rc church more or less could bring them down through the pulpit, also given the amount of rc’s in top jobs in proportion to non rc’s is mind boggling and only helps hinder any proper investigation, we know that there will be a documentary coming out soon about the levels of abuse that have been carried out and uncovered to date and by that I would hope that this will unsettle the beggars, flushing them out and punished fully by the law and not some sort of made up Scottish legal junta.

Exactly my thoughts, SNP stand to lose to many voters and that is why they will go unchallenged.

Disgusting.

There is no doubt the filths lawyers will try to bring out an injunction against the documentary being aired.

Not in any way connected to the legal profession, so this is just speculation:

1. Thompsons will have certain dates set as milestones where they would stop taking jew clients in the class action

2. Each one of the clients claims needs to be investigated and verified, or at least proven to be plausible

3. The party being sued (because this is a civil class action) have to be given every opportunity to settle out of court. Due to the complexity of the case with multiple victims and multiple nonces, it could be very easy for the 'defence' legal team to drag things out.

4. I've said before on this thread that from what I can see, these things take years. As before, each claim needs to be investigated and verified.
Gives a good overview from about halfway down the page (Civil Compensation Claim). Now multiply that process by however many 100s. While the cases will be worked on concurrently, its still going to be a lengthy process.

Currently reading Gladwells "Talking to Strangers" and a chapter is dedicated to Penn State. The similarities are unbelievable between Penn State and them - but - I actually think MORE boys were molested at Celtic than Penn State, yet Penn State paid out over $100 million in compensation.

Some facts:

-When on trial, 8 boys testified against him. 8. We know for a fact that there are more than that involved with the Celtic paedophile ring.

-When he was caught in the shower performing an act on a minor, he was reported. In 2001. It was 2011 before they did anything about it.

- Folk were charged with conspiracy, obstruction of justice and failure to report a case of child abuse. The president of the club was charged 6 years later with child endangerment.

Scotlands authorities - where the fk are you????

I’m pretty sure a well respected poster advised that PennState have had $280m paid out to this point AB.

I’m pretty sure a well respected poster advised that PennState have had $280m paid out to this point AB.
While looking into lengths of time, I came across a solicitors site that had what they referred to as case studies of abuse cases. The average payout seemed to be between 50k and 100k.

I don't think Celtic will be facing anything like hundreds of millions, sadly, because there doesn't seem to be the same acknowledgment in this country that for the victims the money is often used for things like costly intense psychological therapies not available via the NHS in order to help them come to terms with what happened. There also isn't a punitive damages aspect in the UK, whereas the American courts do have that.

While looking into lengths of time, I came across a solicitors site that had what they referred to as case studies of abuse cases. The average payout seemed to be between 50k and 100k.

I don't think Celtic will be facing anything like hundreds of millions, sadly, because there doesn't seem to be the same acknowledgment in this country that for the victims the money is often used for things like costly intense psychological therapies not available via the NHS in order to help them come to terms with what happened. There also isn't a punitive damages aspect in the UK, whereas the American courts do have that.

I’m not disputing that Rick, just pointing out just how high the awards already are in USA mate.

"Guilty As Sin"
Whispered secrets in cloistered halls
Oaths of silence observed
Silent witnesses stare from the walls
Never saying a word
Years of suffering, torment and pain
Etched on faces of stone
Age of innocence, PARADISE lost
Never to be regained
Only heartbreak remains
Oh my, look at the lies as they fall from your mouth
And the truth remains hidden for years