Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

They would have to admit its a different company yes

Old badge

w6xda8.jpg

Badge after 1994

2vdirk2.jpg
Get that tae fck

When I said nothing would happen, I meant no proper justice.

That was obvious unless you live your life by the literal rule.
What is proper justice by the 'literal rule' then by your standards?
Imo there is no justice for the victims of these heinous crimes and the life of torment they inflict mentally both for the victim and their families alike, so no I don't live my life by any 'literal rule' regarding these crimes.
You said nothing would happen, you were wrong and I'm glad you realise that now.

Penn state have paid out upwards of $100 million now.

Not too dissimilar in that there were rumours and signals but those in charge chose to do nothing.

If theres not a similar outcome with Celtic it really does put a signal out to the world, Scotland is a relatively safe place to be a paedophile.
How many victims at Penn State?

What is proper justice by the 'literal rule' then by your standards?
Imo there is no justice for the victims of these heinous crimes and the life of torment they inflict mentally both for the victim and their families alike, so no I don't live my life by any 'literal rule' regarding these crimes.
You said nothing would happen, you were wrong and I'm glad you realise that now.

Lets not kid ourselves. We all want to see the Yahoos pay out healthy sums to the victims.

But I’ll not hold my breath waiting on it happening.

Which other clubs in scotland have had 4 peadophiles convicted which were employed by or connected to them (aka peado ring), cover it up and re-employed one of them despite knowing his disgusting past?

I don't know any other clubs with "this type" of issue, am i missing something?

5 don’t forget the photographer

As much as I would love them to face justice for this, I just don't ever see it happening.

It depends mate. If we expect justice from that mob in the SFA or the Scottish government I don’t think it’ll happen.
If justice is that these people get decent compensation and that mobs name becomes mud to the world then I think that can now happen.

To be fair the majority on the huddleboard are demanding that the club take responsibility and apologise.

Sorry, but that is just bollox.
These people are snakes and have learned the act of devious deception from their despicable church, who have practiced and perfected it into an art-form over the past several centuries.
There is no fucking way on this earth that they are genuinely going to get a conscience and just come clean.

They could always liquidate the company ???

And start in the bottom division ??

Options Timmy
They should be banned from Scottish football and any other football league in the UK and shamed Worldwide for these atrocities for turning a blind eye to child abuse and doing nothing about it .

I honestly don’t think this will happen. A comparatively larger abuse scandal involving Jimmy Savile, the BBC and the NHS resulted a few million pounds in compensation being paid out to hundreds of victims.
Unless Scots law is completely different regarding levels of compensation that can be awarded then I can’t see it being multi-millions.

Worryingly the BBC also received minimal punishment despite its employee being the abuser, some of the abuse taking place on its premises and all while it was an ‘open secret’ what he was up to. I also fear this will be how this scandal will end up as the similarities are striking.

Sorry, but that is just bollox.
These people are snakes and have learned the act of devious deception from their despicable church, who have practiced and perfected it into an art-form over the past several centuries.
There is no fucking way on this earth that they are genuinely going to get a conscience and just come clean.
They don't need a conscience. They have confession to absolve them of all their sins.

Surely this has gone beyond football now, in much the same way the Jimmy Saville case went beyond light entertainment? This Mark Daly doc better hit the mark because so far the BBCs (non) response has been particularly shameful.

Which other clubs in scotland have had 4 peadophiles convicted which were employed by or connected to them (aka peado ring), cover it up and re-employed one of them despite knowing his disgusting past?

I don't know any other clubs with "this type" of issue, am i missing something?
It's more than four....lots more...there was stuff going round a while back a senior Celtic official was Also involved
Torbett
Cairney
Kelly
Strachan
Cullen
McCafferty

So it must be a mere coincidence they are all convicted child abusers with connections to one football club and have known associations with two other child abusers Saville and Bennell?

A coincidence of paedophiles?

This needs to be looked into by the UK government.
The SNP have failed to even comment on the matter.

This is the biggest scandal in world sport and its growing all the time.

Why are people like McSherry, Brady, Macari, McGinn, Kellly etc etc not being questioned.

Imagine being a scum fan, going on a tour of parkhead, being shown the home dressing room and knowing you were standing in a room when children were abused. Fucked if I could support any club where that occurred and was covered up.

Imagine being a scum fan, going on a tour of parkhead, being shown the home dressing room and knowing you were standing in a room when children were abused. Fucked if I could support any club where that occurred and was covered up.

In February 2011, my fiancee and I stayed in a hotel in Fort William. We felt like royalty as we were given "The Jimmy Saville Suite"... he was someone that was part of our TV childhood.

Fast forward a few months and the scandal came to light. The news showed images of the room and him sitting in a chair that looked very like the one I sat in, in the same room.

Im not saying anything happened in that room... but it wasnt a nice feeling.

In February 2011, my fiancee and I stayed in a hotel in Fort William. We felt like royalty as we were given "The Jimmy Saville Suite"... he was someone that was part of our TV childhood.

Fast forward a few months and the scandal came to light. The news showed images of the room and him sitting in a chair that looked very like the one I sat in, in the same room.

Saville was a long time participant in the annual Ben Nevis race.

That must’ve been a hideous feeling.

Did you feel a presence in you :eek:

The thing that really gets me about all of this is that it’s probably the biggest abuse scandal in the history of British sport.

You’re talking about one of the most famous clubs in the UK and one of the two titans that bestride the Scottish game. With all due respect to Crewe Alexandria, this is on a different level entirely.

And the reason why this story is all the more outrageous, in the true sense of the word, is because at the centre of these claims is an individual who was previously kicked out of the club for abusing boys only to be re-employed by them at a later date in full knowledge of that whereupon he resumed the abuse, and this time, it seems, he was assisted by at least two or three other men.

You call it as you see it: it’s a paedophile ring and a cover up.

So that’s the story. It’s huge, and yet, there doesn’t appear anyone with any great appetite to tackle it.

We all know why the Scottish media are reluctant to get involved, but in the wake of the Barry Bennell scandal that opened the floodgates on abuse within British football as a whole, Celtic, probably the biggest club that are involved, got off relatively lightly.

So the worry is that the window of opportunity to really hammer this reprehensible organisation may have been lost and it wouldn’t surprise me if the national press will not be particularly interested picking it up again even if the Yahoos are dragged into court and forced to stump up millions.

I hope I’m wrong. It’s as sickening an episode as there’s ever been in British sport and it and they deserve the full force of nationwide vilification as a result.

Talking about the latest revelations to a Killie fan. Fairly intelligent woman.
Her viewpoint was every team has its own “wee” secrets.

MAybe there just isn’t the general public revulsion out there for the papers and politicians to really pursue this?

Sad reflection on today’s society if that is the case.

MAybe there just isn’t the general public revulsion out there for the papers and politicians to really pursue this?

I hope none of her kids or grandkids ever have to confront her about a wee secret that happened to them.

Did she have an opinion on our tax case?

Back