Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The fienin whataboutery crowd are now out in force. Ronie OcConnor is one of the most vile trolls I have ever seen in my life. I would pay 100 quid to fight him in a cage.
The guys a troll. I wouldn’t even bother about him. I’d love to knock him out too, but to be fair, he’s not worth it and the type of guy who’d probably run away from you.
keyboard warrior I think they call it...

Last edited:
The fienin whataboutery crowd are now out in force. Ronie OcConnor is one of the most vile trolls I have ever seen in my life. I would pay 100 quid to fight him in a cage.

Kevin Thompson put him in his place a couple of weeks back.

There's a few. Longshaw and the Jamie Whiteford guy are never far away from a Rangers tweet...

In light of recent speculation and to seek to avoid any confusion, the Club wishes to confirm its position regarding the historic abuse that took place at Celtic Football Club and Celtic Boys’ Club. Celtic Football Club is appalled by any form of historic abuse and has great sympathy for those who suffered abuse and for their families. The Club is very sorry that these events took place. The abuse of young people is an abhorrent crime. Unfortunately it has affected many areas of society.

With regard to the allegations regarding historic abuse at Celtic Boys’ Club (which, so far as we have been made aware, relate to the period prior to 1997), although Celtic Football Club is a separate organisation, we take these extremely seriously because of the historic contacts between the two organisations. Police investigations were given support, so as to seek to ensure that those individuals who abused young people were brought to justice.

The Club has been at the leading edge in Scottish football of putting welfare and safeguarding protections in place for our young people and continues to work with Scottish football to make it a safe place for young people.

These are very sensitive matters. There are ongoing legal proceedings which prevent us from discussing any case in any detail. It would not be appropriate for the Club to comment in the media about any individuals or events.

In summary, these are historic issues, which the Club is dealing with in a responsible manner and in conjunction with its advisers. The Club reiterates its sincere sympathy, regret and sorrow for those affected. As we have said repeatedly, the Club will stand by its responsibilities, respecting the due process of law.
To fkn late ya scum bastards

They are a propagandist mouthpiece. They may well have an interview with a Rangers fan, however the fact they perpetually state “The Rangers fan” tells me they don’t care about the guy or his suffering. They are othering him by referring to him as “The Rangers fan” he’s not one of us, even though he is a human being. They only care about proportioning blame across Scottish football, but mainly at us. It appears there was beasts at Rangers with the likes of Neely, however what they fail to recognise is that while the unfortunate truth is these types can get through, it’s the response of how such issues are handled after. Covering up, facilitating and gagging victims is what Celtic are also accused of. They knew top to bottom what was going on and they chose to ignore it for fear of damage to their reputation or worse.
I misread that at first, i have a wee glow in me right enough, well spotted

I think the fact that the English Fa are involved is the biggest and most significant development in this sorry affair.

The mentally challengeds kept a lid on it up here with their place men in the media, SFA, government and Strathclyde police/police Scotland . This lot initially helped them bury the story and latterly helped them control any fall out.

With the English FA involved and possible cross border connections it takes it right out of their control.

Hopefully the English media take it on then police forces in England investigate without bias or political influence.

This will be the best route to justice for all the poor victims in this sorry affair. They have been fighting for justice up here for too long without results. I hope and pray that England show this corrupt backwater how to deal with an issue of this nature. A full investigation into every aspect followed by convictions and a real Government Inquiry led by Westminster into how it was allowed to happen in the first place, then how so many people in power in Scotland chose to cover it up.

The victims have suffered far too much, the initial crime is horrible enough to endure but the decades of fighting against all that power to get justice multiply the suffering and prolong the agony.

A lot of people have a lot to answer for.

I think the fact that the English Fa are involved is the biggest and most significant development in this sorry affair.

The mentally challengeds kept a lid on it up here with their place men in the media, SFA, government and Strathclyde police/police Scotland . This lot initially helped them bury the story and latterly helped them control any fall out.

With the English FA involved and possible cross border connections it takes it right out of their control.

Hopefully the English media take it on then police forces in England investigate without bias or political influence.

This will be the best route to justice for all the poor victims in this sorry affair. They have been fighting for justice up here for too long without results. I hope and pray that England show this corrupt backwater how to deal with an issue of this nature. A full investigation into every aspect followed by convictions and a real Government Inquiry led by Westminster into how it was allowed to happen in the first place, then how so many people in power in Scotland chose to cover it up.

The victims have suffered far too much, the initial crime is horrible enough to endure but the decades of fighting against all that power to get justice multiply the suffering and prolong the agony.

What you’ll find is, the English FA and the Met police etc don’t fuc.k about. If they find any wrong doing, they will punish it. They will investigate thoroughly and without intimidation or loyalties, they aren’t swayed by which side who supports or club allegiances. They won’t miss the target, they won’t hesitate to make an example of the perpetrators. The victims come first.

Good post HVS.
Do you know what I don’t get about all of this?
How can so many people in positions of power and influence go out of their way to keep a lid on this?
Any normal, right thinking person would go out of their way to make sure the abusers are brought to justice. Let’s hope all those involved in the cover up are named, shamed and punished. It’s the least we can ask for to allow the victims to have some sort of closure. Those poor boys and their families deserve justice.

I’m left with one big question and it is underscored by Lord Ross’s statement.

there appears to be a chasm of difference between English sentencing guidelines for child sex abuse cases and those reserved in Scottish courts for Beasts associated to CFC, why is that.

Having had some dealings in a work capacity with the legal profession in Scotland I found a lot of them to be 'unrepentent 19th Century Terrorists' to use one of their own sayings.

They are also 'good kaffliks'.

Both of these factors may give an insight into what the rest of us are up against given that the Roman Church is easily the most morally corrupt religion on the planet.

They genuinly believe God's agents on earth can absolve them of sin and see their disgusting practices as being the norm, especially as a few hail marys will keep them on the right track.

They are a hideous tribe and should be shunned by all.

WATP

Good post HVS.
Do you know what I don’t get about all of this?
How can so many people in positions of power and influence go out of their way to keep a lid on this?
Any normal, right thinking person would go out of their way to make sure the abusers are brought to justice. Let’s hope all those involved in the cover up are named, shamed and punished. It’s the least we can ask for to allow the victims to have some sort of closure. Those poor boys and their families deserve justice.
I couldn't agree more Coop to any right thinking human being its baffling.

Its a massive insight into modern Scottish society in my opinion and it doesn't reflect well on the government, football authorities, media, police and legal system.

They are a propagandist mouthpiece. They may well have an interview with a Rangers fan, however the fact they perpetually state “The Rangers fan” tells me they don’t care about the guy or his suffering. They are othering him by referring to him as “The Rangers fan” he’s not one of us, even though he is a human being. They only care about proportioning blame across Scottish football, but mainly at us. It appears there was beasts at Rangers with the likes of Neely, however what they fail to recognise is that while the unfortunate truth is these types can get through, it’s the response of how such issues are handled after. Covering up, facilitating and gagging victims is what Celtic are also accused of. They knew top to bottom what was going on and they chose to ignore it for fear of damage to their reputation or worse.
Kevin Thompson put him in his place a couple of weeks back.

There's a few. Longshaw and the Jamie Whiteford guy are never far away from a Rangers tweet...

They are paid trolls - part of Celtic’s online propaganda department.

What you’ll find is, the English FA and the Met police etc don’t fuc.k about. If they find any wrong doing, they will punish it. They will investigate thoroughly and without intimidation or loyalties, they aren’t swayed by which side who supports or club allegiances. They won’t miss the target, they won’t hesitate to make an example of the perpetrators. The victims come first.
I agree, in this parochial dump firstly Labour and now the SNP rely on the RC vote to obtain power.

Think about that the so called Scottish Government are choosing to ignore this grave issue so that they do not upset the RC population by investigating a football club. It could only happen in this terrible wee devided country.

I used to be proud to be both Scottish and British, now its just British and as soon as my teenage kids are old enough I'm leaving. The mentally challengeds n nationalists can keep the sh%t hole.

Lets see how the likes of BBC Scotland report on all the recent news.
So far absolutely %^*& all as far as I can see.
Wankers like Sutton, Stewart, Hartson etc etc will show themselves up big time through their silence

A shower of absolute shit bags

Its through peoples silence that all these crimes have been allowed to continue

If you stay quiet about all this your a piece of shite and part of the problem

Just found this on Kerryfail st . commenting on the Channel 4 report

9:04 PM - Today#107272020-02-26T21:04
Just watched today’s one. Actually stomach turning hearing the victim speak. Celtic tomorrow, and if we’ve kept anything under wraps I hope we get what’s coming to us.

"If we've kept anything under wraps ?"

WOW.....how many jail sentences is that so far ?

With regards to the statement released earlier by "the club like no other!", it really is confusing,

"In light of recent speculation and to seek to avoid any confusion!" is the starting point,
" the Club wishes to confirm its position regarding the historic abuse that took place at Celtic Football Club and Celtic Boys’ Club."

Then "although Celtic Football Club is a separate organisation!", so they acknowledge the historic abuse that took place at Celtic F.C. and Celtic Boys Club, then state that they are separate organisations.

Why would you comment on the wrongdoings of a separate organisation?
Not very good advise from their advisers, which brings us to the question, why do they need advisers?
is it Hollicom advisers? is it legal advisers? is it damage limitation advisers? is it insurance advisers?

surely not insurance advisers, that would be akin to committing arson on your home then calling the insurance company to tell them how you started the blaze.

The Club has been at the leading edge in Scottish football of putting welfare and safeguarding protections in place for our perpetrators and protecting the good name of the club through control of the media and the judicial and political spheres.

The type in bold is what should have been inserted, so there you have it, why was there a need to release a statement which causes confusion, why was there a need to release a statement at all?
If there was nothing to fear, nothing to hide, then stay silent as you have done for the past 5 decades and release the statement that condones your organisations, after you have won the court case.

Surprise surprise not a mention of Nonce FC statement on BBC Scotland at 10.30

They did have the NSPCC on to talk about online abuse but funny how they never asked the NSPCC employee to comment on the statement from Parkpaed

Yet more suppression of major negative news concerning the mentally challengeds and the child abuse scandal

BBC Scotland should be shut down

Pravda and North Korea would be proud of them keeping this scandal hidden

The cuunts are part of the cover up

Surprise surprise not a mention of Nonce FC statement on BBC Scotland at 10.30

They did have the NSPCC on to talk about online abuse but funny how they never asked the NSPCC employee to comment on the statement from Parkpaed

Yet more suppression of major negative news concerning the mentally challengeds and the child abuse scandal

BBC Scotland should be shut down

Pravda and North Korea would be proud of them keeping this scandal hidden

The cuunts are part of the cover up

The fat pig eyed pete has the Bastards Broadcasting Catholicism in his arse

I’m left with one big question and it is underscored by Lord Ross’s statement.

there appears to be a chasm of difference between English sentencing guidelines for child sex abuse cases and those reserved in Scottish courts for Beasts associated to CFC, why is that.
It is my firmly held belief that coaches & others at all levels involved in football clubs are only the tip of the iceberg. I think this goes to the very top of society, business & legal circles. It is the only answer as to how long it has been kept quiet, how leniently the guilty have been dealt with & how events such as the those around young boy Haggart's case have been ignored - up untill now.

So a statement two hours before the programme comes out isn’t desperate at all can anyone tell me why the reference to before 1997 in the statement ?

RFC1976; Could it be that everything before 1997 was before they had anyone convicted for child abuse charges (i.e.-- JT), also did they not then produce their risk assessment proceedure/policy as a formal document within the corporate structure/practice. :confused:

In light of recent speculation and to seek to avoid any confusion, the Club wishes to confirm its position regarding the historic abuse that took place at Celtic Football Club and Celtic Boys’ Club

Recent speculation they say.
Over 35 years ago, i was invited for trials for this lot by a guy called john kelman.
Told him there was no chance of me goin there

Rumours where rife way back then.

Recent speculation my arse

It is my firmly held belief that coaches & others at all levels involved in football clubs are only the tip of the iceberg. I think this goes to the very top of society, business & legal circles. It is the only answer as to how long it has been kept quiet, how leniently the guilty have been dealt with & how events such as the those around young boy Haggart's case have been ignored - up untill now.

Haggs was my mate, played against him at school boy level, 100% was en route to a pro career. That family was torn apart by what happened.

Celtic must take blame for boys club abuse, inquiry concludes

Celtic FC said it was “very sorry” that abuse at Celtic Boys Club had happened but maintained that the two entities were separate
TONY CLERKSON/ALAMY
Marc Horne
Thursday February 27 2020, 12.01am GMT, The Times

Celtic have an “inescapable” moral obligation to accept responsibility for the systemic abuse that took place at its feeder club, a report commissioned by the Scottish Football Association has said.

Martin Henry, chairman of the Independent Review into Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football, has judged it beyond doubt that the Parkhead club and the Celtic Boys Club shared names, values, personnel and resources and, as such, could not be separated.

He told a Channel 4 News investigation in a programme to be broadcast tonight that Celtic and other clubs tainted by abuse should follow the example of Manchester City, which has promised to give survivors compensation and personal apologies.

Celtic said last night that it was “very sorry” the abuse had happened, but continued toinsist that the boys’ club was a separate organisation with which it had “historic contacts”.

Mr Henry stressed that he was satisfied Celtic FC had severed their ties with Celtic Boys Club and that it had no connection between them or its successor. Celtic expressed “sincere sympathy, regret and sorrow” to those who suffered abuse, but made no mention of offering redress.

The Premiership leaders broke their silence after it was reported that imminent legal changes had paved the way for a raft of summonses to be served against the club. The cases could reach the Supreme Court. This year the Scottish government is due to introduce “qualified one way cost shifting”, a measure that radically reduces the costs for groups seeking compensation for crimes such as historical sexual abuse.
Thompsons Solicitors, which is representing about 20 abuse survivors, believes that it will be a “game changer” that will prompt a host of civil cases. The development will put further pressure on the Scottish champions after senior figures at Celtic Boys Club were convicted for molesting dozens of children over four decades.
Mr Henry’s comments contradict Celtic FC’s contention that it was separate and distinct from its feeder club. “There was a relationship between Celtic FC and Celtic Boys Club,” he said. “That’s irrefutable. A matter of public record.
“I would say every senior club whose community-based club shared their values, their name, their brand and so on — a joint heritage — have a responsibility to the survivors of abuse from that time. That is a moral obligation which is inescapable in my view and it applies to every club.”
He added: “Did Celtic FC, at the time, respond in the way they should have? You wouldn’t need to be a genius to figure out it wasn’t as it should have been. We as a society need to recompense everyone who has been harmed in this way.”
Alex Thomson, chief correspondent for Channel 4 News, has been investigating abuse in Scottish football and said Celtic may have to defend its record in the Supreme Court, the UK’s final court of appeal for civil cases.
“A series of recent judgments there show Celtic FC could be liable if the activities of the boys’ club were of ‘direct and immediate benefit’ to the football club,” he said. “Since the boys’ club was a conveyor belt of talented players to Celtic FC, the direct and immediate benefit to them seems obvious.
“In short, even if Celtic Boys Club was legally separate in 1970 that may not help Celtic FC in 2020, and could cost them millions.”
A Celtic FC spokesman said: “Celtic Football Club is appalled by any form of historic abuse and has great sympathy for those who suffered abuse and for their families. The club is very sorry that these events took place. Although Celtic Football Club is a separate organisation, we take these [claims] extremely seriously because of the historic contacts between the two organisations.”

Zero self-awareness, and no comprehension of the damage he's caused or the lives he has ruined.
Which is exactly the same denial displayed by the Judge who gave him a paltry 12 months. Therefore... hmmm.
Having had some dealings in a work capacity with the legal profession in Scotland I found a lot of them to be 'unrepentent 19th Century Terrorists' to use one of their own sayings.

They are also 'good kaffliks'.

Both of these factors may give an insight into what the rest of us are up against given that the Roman Church is easily the most morally corrupt religion on the planet.

They genuinly believe God's agents on earth can absolve them of sin and see their disgusting practices as being the norm, especially as a few hail marys will keep them on the right track.

They are a hideous tribe and should be shunned by all.

WATP
This whole situation has exposed just how far and deep Scotlands institutions have been infiltrated by this cult. Even the most successful and professional still show a level of backward thinking that can only be attributed to brainwashing from a young age. Starting from a completely irrational origin and then trying to twist the world to fit these fabrications is an entirely normal process it seems. I'd love psychological studies to be done. The results would be fascinating.

Last edited:
Back