Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Mr Henry stressed that he was satisfied Celtic FC had severed their ties with Celtic Boys Club and that it had no connection between them or its successor.

What is this nonsense in the middle of that article?
Noticed mention of 1997 in their statement too. What are they up to?

It is my firmly held belief that coaches & others at all levels involved in football clubs are only the tip of the iceberg. I think this goes to the very top of society, business & legal circles. It is the only answer as to how long it has been kept quiet, how leniently the guilty have been dealt with & how events such as the those around young boy Haggart's case have been ignored - up untill now.
Looks like children have been the plaything of many powerful people. This is the tip of the iceberg I fear

Who knew? When did they know? What did they do about it?

An apology should not be enough. From what we already know, the open secret was allowed to carry on for nearly 30 years by those in power, with the good name of the club chosen over innocence and ruined lives. Shallow victories on the field tainted by child abuse and rape off it.

Although it would be a start, It can’t be enough for a grudged sorry and minimal compensation dragged out of them like Man City. This continued denial was and still is part of their fabric and their refusal to acknowledge responsibility is horrific.

Only recently the extent of an organised ‘ring’ has become apparent. How many more staff were involved? All questions must be answered as to how high this went. The victims deserve real justice.

FBIMG15760500247471582780692.jpg

The fienin whataboutery crowd are now out in force. Ronie OcConnor is one of the most vile trolls I have ever seen in my life. I would pay 100 quid to fight him in a cage.
You should check out his twitter.
The trumpet is having an absolute meltdown.

“but but tomo, rainjurs hud a peedo wurkin fur thum anaw, ye no gonny say nuffin aboot at?”
“But but sevcoooooo hud Harry Dunn and he wis best pals wi at Kelly wan”
“But but sevcooooo ur getting sued anaw how did ye no menshun at Tomo?”
“But but tomo, please say it wisny just sellick coz it just wizny awrite”

your pain is delicious ronnie boy. Still you can’t accept your club was the epicentre of the biggest paedophile and child trafficking ring this country and this sport has ever witnessed.

Is anything serious likely to happen to the club because I doubt the Scottish justice system will hammer them can anything be done in England or Abroad

You should check out his twitter.
The trumpet is having an absolute meltdown.

“but but tomo, rainjurs hud a peedo wurkin fur thum anaw, ye no gonny say nuffin aboot at?”
“But but sevcoooooo hud Harry Dunn and he wis best pals wi at Kelly wan”
“But but sevcooooo ur getting sued anaw how did ye no menshun at Tomo?”
“But but tomo, please say it wisny just sellick coz it just wizny awrite”

your pain is delicious ronnie boy. Still you can’t accept your club was the epicentre of the biggest paedophile and child trafficking ring this country and this sport has ever witnessed.

Only one club systematically covered it up.for.40 years to save their 'good name' .

Fucking animals, poor poor young people, lives ruined by animals.

Saw the celtic statement last night.
Why are they so insistent on saying everything happened pre 1997? Why not 96 or 95?
Could it be that 1997 was the year the club passed into a new holding company? They will use this to try to get out of paying any money- it wis the old company etc.
yet their fans are slagging rangers for directing one guy to the liquidators!!!

Anyone know the limit for compensation they should be paying per person, reason I’m asking is, there was a settlement in a case I believe in Edinburgh recently where I heard was a 6 figure sum, lad I was talking to about said they may have accepted this as it could be used as a benchmark for future claims thus keeping payments down,

Anyone know the limit for compensation they should be paying per person, reason I’m asking is, there was a settlement in a case I believe in Edinburgh recently where I heard was a 6 figure sum, lad I was talking to about said they may have accepted this as it could be used as a benchmark for future claims thus keeping payments down,

Henry stated: "We as a society need to recompense everyone who has been harmed in this way".

They better not be angling for the taxpayer to pick up the bill again.

Nonce FC are up to something. We know how sleekit they are

We even have the national broadcaster in Scotland protecting them FFS by ignoring their statement last night

Also agree that Martin a Henry guy looks dodgy AF

Was he not linked to that paedo Strachan from CBC East or some other organisation who were linked to Strachan ?

He was not hand picked for nothing and his previous statement saying “no evidence of a paedo ring” at Nonce FC is a disgrace

Nonce FC are up to something. We know how sleekit they are

We even have the national broadcaster in Scotland protecting them FFS by ignoring their statement last night

Also agree that Martin a Henry guy looks dodgy AF

Was he not linked to that paedo Strachan from CBC East or some other organisation who were linked to Strachan ?

He was not hand picked for nothing and his previous statement saying “no evidence of a paedo ring” at Nonce FC is a disgrace
Him saying that "only recently has something emerged that indicates a ring" tells you exactly how this was being shaped until his hand was forced. Anything associated with him and his contacts should be subject to severe scrutiny - and not by another of his ilk.

What exactly do the police in this country do?
It’s not until investigative journalists start looking into things that action happens

the police were given 14 names by Mcsherry years ago and did %^*& all

Add to that the Sham sentences handed out when they do get caught as well as the statements from the likes of Lord Ross

the entire justice system in this country is shambolic

If this had happened in America there would be no more Celtic FC and the disgusting bastards that carried out the abuse would be behind bars for life

What a soft as shite country we live in

Play silence is Golden at next old firm game hang your heads in shame ya shower of swines
Unfortunately shouldnt just be an old firm game. Every time one of their players puts on the green and grey they should be ashamed.
In my view everytime they enter a stadium backs should be turned or booed.

I hope Adidas are aware of what was shown last night.

From the Times report "This year the Scottish government is due to introduce “qualified one way cost shifting”, a measure that radically reduces the costs for groups seeking compensation for crimes such as historical sexual abuse."
I know the solicitors are in favour of this but it just seems too coincidental and anything around those sleekit bastards needs looked at.

Last edited:
Back