Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Some may recall I contacted Adidas to ask them if they're signing a deal with Beast FC but they pissed me about, saying they'd closed my "case." I got right back at them asking for an answer and told them that if they didn't believe what I'd told them about the abuse, all the information is online.

After weeks of no reply I sent them a letter containing all email correspondence from day one and asked once again for an answer. Today, I was sent this email.

Dear Mosset Bear,
Thank you for your email and taking the time to bring to our attention details surrounding convictions made to individuals in association with Celtic Boys Club. Our sympathies extend to the families who have been impacted from these convictions.
We hope you can appreciate that it would not be appropriate for us to provide any comment on such matters as The Celtic Football club is not currently a partner of the adidas Brand. As a policy we also do not discuss any potential future partnerships until such time as those partnerships would be active.
We would like to stress however that adidas takes very seriously the actions and reputations of our partners, ensuring all partners have sufficient policies and procedures in place for the safe guarding of young people.
We have shared your concerns with my wider team and once again would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us.
Kind regards,
adidas Team​

The fight for justice isn't over. But I hope those who have been championing the victims and working tirelessly in the background took some motivation from tonights report.

To any lurking mentally challengeds, these men and women are not representing club colours or motivated by tribal football bullshit.

They are motivated by what standalone your filthy club represent.

Every achievement in your history is intrinsically linked to paedophilia.

If you have any morals you should be looking in the mirror, not looking for other to deflect on to.

A club like no other, letting children suffer.

SPFL_HIBS_CELTIC_0255_preview-1024x631.jpeg

"That bastart Thomson was at ma door there the noo "

We would like to stress however that adidas takes very seriously the actions and reputations of our partners, ensuring all partners have sufficient policies and procedures in place for the safe guarding of young people.

Adidas prepared to ignore decades of abuse, dozens of individual paedos, hundreds of victims, several organised paedo rings, millions spent on spin, repeated official denials etc. etc. etc?
Just tick the policies and procedures box Peter and we'll jump into bed with you.

Last edited:
BBC covered up Savile
BBC don’t report this
Savile pictured multiple times with Jock Stein

See a picture forming here?
to be honest mate, i have been following this for ages ,the bears working on this have and are doing truly herculean efforts, but its like an Onion The level of criminality is astounding, but their efforts are Dwarfed by the courage of the victims it takes a lot of courage,

“Since the Boys Club was a conveyor belt of talented players to Celtic, the ‘direct and immediate benefit’ to Celtic is obvious.”

“Even if Celtic Boys Club was legally separate, that may no longer help Celtic FC, and that could cost millions.”

Try as they might, Celtic just can't get out of this.

Caught like rats in a trap, there is no escape.

I was abused yards from Celtic Park, claims victim

Gordon Woods said he was abused in a building near to Celtic FC’s stadium in the Sixties
JAN KRUGER - UEFA/VIA GETTY IMAGES
Marc Horne
Friday February 28 2020, 12.01am GMT, The Times

An abuse survivor has claimed that he was molested in premises used by Celtic Boys Club that were yards from Celtic FC’s stadium.

Gordon Woods was 13 when Jim Torbett, the founder of Celtic’s feeder club, sexually assaulted him.

He alleges that some of the abuse took place in a building used by the boys’ club in the Sixties.

Mr Woods, who has waived his right to anonymity, told Channel 4 News: “Immediately outside the main Celtic ground there was a building. It was painted in the same colours as Celtic FC. It was part of Celtic FC’s grounds. That’s where we trained. That’s where some of the abuse took place.”

The building has been demolished but photographs and Celtic publications confirm its existence.

Torbett was jailed for two years in 1998 and for six years in November 2018 for sexually attacking boys in his care. Celtic FC has expressed sympathy but continues to insist that the boys’ club was a separate organisation with which it had “historic contacts”.

Mr Woods, now in his sixties, denied this, saying: “We were very much part of Celtic FC.” He was backed by James Dornan, an SNP MSP whose son was on the books of Celtic FC and its feeder club.
Martin Henry, chairman of the Independent Review into Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football, told Channel 4 that there had been an “irrefutable” historical relationhip between Celtic FC and the boys’ club, which was later severed.
He said that Celtic FC and other clubs had an “inescapable” moral obligation to accept responsibility for the abuse that took place at feeder clubs. Offering compensation was “the right thing to do,” he added.
The Scottish Football Association, which commissioned the review, said Mr Henry was speaking in a personal capacity and that it did not endorse his views. The governing body stressed that it was not in the gift of the review to apportion any liability.
The review’s interim report, published in 2018, suggested that senior teams could not distance themselves from abuse at feeder clubs. The Times understands that this will be reiterated in the final report, which is expected to be published within weeks.
Celtic said: “Celtic FC is appalled by any form of historic abuse and has great sympathy for those who suffered abuse and for their families. The club is very sorry that these events took place.
“Although Celtic FC is a separate organisation, we take these [claims] extremely seriously because of the historic contacts between the two organisations.”

Can anyone confirm if Adidas have been contacted specifically regarding the most recent reporting?

Also, have C1872 been engaged for a response?

Finally, is the MSP who was previously vocal on the matter been contacted, as well as The MSP featured on the news report last night?

This has gone even further beyond football partisan tribal bitterness.

As a fellow member SFA club we have a moral responsibility to expose this whitewashing of history by the SFA and Celtic.

It is inescapable that Celtic have not only facilitated and then covered up child abuse. It is now clear that the separate entity stance they have publicly pursued is a further attempt to apportion responsibility elsewhere.

The SFA report praises Celtic for this stance.

Concerns need to be raised appropriately.

I would take a PM from anyone if there are suggestions for how I can pursue my points raised in the right manner.

Can anyone confirm if Adidas have been contacted specifically regarding the most recent reporting?

Finally, is the MSP who was previously vocal on the matter been contacted, as well as The MSP featured on the news report last night?

As a fellow member SFA club we have a moral responsibility to expose this whitewashing of history by the SFA and Celtic.

It is inescapable that Celtic have not only facilitated and then covered up child abuse. It is now clear that the separate entity stance they have publicly pursued is a further attempt to apportion responsibility elsewhere.

I would take a PM from anyone if there are suggestions for how I can pursue my points raised in the right manner.

I'm certain i've read on here that BN94 and co have been contacting them for quite some time.

Have you seen the one spidercat does with DR Gerry Mcann and his time at Celtic, interesting and food for thought, and as far as i am concerned,they the Bheasts have updated a few chapters to the Machiavellian work the Prince,where princes believe no immorality is to Great in the pursuit of of triumph, or glory
Some may recall I contacted Adidas to ask them if they're signing a deal with Beast FC but they pissed me about, saying they'd closed my "case." I got right back at them asking for an answer and told them that if they didn't believe what I'd told them about the abuse, all the information is online.

After weeks of no reply I sent them a letter containing all email correspondence from day one and asked once again for an answer. Today, I was sent this email.

Dear Mosset Bear,
Thank you for your email and taking the time to bring to our attention details surrounding convictions made to individuals in association with Celtic Boys Club. Our sympathies extend to the families who have been impacted from these convictions.
We hope you can appreciate that it would not be appropriate for us to provide any comment on such matters as The Celtic Football club is not currently a partner of the adidas Brand. As a policy we also do not discuss any potential future partnerships until such time as those partnerships would be active.
We have shared your concerns with my wider team and once again would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us.
Kind regards,
adidas Team​
great effort mate keep up the good work

Adidas prepared to ignore decades of abuse, dozens of individual paedos, hundreds of victims, several organised paedo rings, millions spent on spin, repeated official denials etc. etc. etc?
Just tick the policies and procedures box Peter and we'll jump into bed with you.

If the shoe was on the other foot they’d crowdfund to get a company to lobby Sponsors / kit suppliers.

After last nights channel 4 exclusive it does look like victory is finally in sight for all of those who have campaigned for justice - however that 'victory' might not look like what some people might want it too and we should brace ourselves for that.

If that looks like the case then the campaign must continue. They cannot be allowed to manage something like this to their own advantage.

It seems as if Thomson and possibly the other solicitors will wait for the new law to come into effect towards the end of the year before there's further news. If I was a lawyer for celtic I'd be scrambling to sort this before then. Their initial response began with a very weak defensive start point, now their defence is weaker than ever. Why are Celtic continuing with this strategy, it's madness, they'll be apologising soon enough but in the circumstances everyone will know that they've been forced into it and that makes for a hollow, worthless apology which doesn't show remorse and does nothing to comfort the victims. It will only serve to anger them and everyone else following this case. Even if they legally wrangle their way out of ultimate responsibility it is a despicable attitude to display.

I really hope this disgusting mentally challenged club is closed down and the victims get their deserved dues and they bulldoze their stadium it’s least what could come out of this...
But we all know their is a major sweep sweep organisation running to keep the Scum Alive and Kicking I hope and pray they get what they deserve and get there come uppings.
Unfortunately the mentality in this backwater is to raise statues to the enablers, place them in halls of fame. Stein, Mcneil and Burns , all ex managers and knew. When in actual fact your right the place should be bulldozed and any assets stripped to compensate the generations who were abused. Don't hold your breath though.

All I can say is positive steps are being made on this. Just because C4 have ran 2 pieces on this doesn’t mean now that we sit back and watch.
We have contacts within every authority mentioned and we are in correspondence with them with emails going back and forward. Please trust me that anything we can post will be posted.
There is a lot of work being done and still to be done. A very long way to go and not one of us will back down. I can assure everyone of that.

An abuse survivor has claimed that he was molested in premises used by Celtic Boys Club that were yards from Celtic FC’s stadium.

Gordon Woods was 13 when Jim Torbett, the founder of Celtic’s feeder club, sexually assaulted him.

He alleges that some of the abuse took place in a building used by the boys’ club in the Sixties.

Mr Woods, who has waived his right to anonymity, told Channel 4 News: “Immediately outside the main Celtic ground there was a building. It was painted in the same colours as Celtic FC. It was part of Celtic FC’s grounds. That’s where we trained. That’s where some of the abuse took place.”

The building has been demolished but photographs and Celtic publications confirm its existence.

Torbett was jailed for two years in 1998 and for six years in November 2018 for sexually attacking boys in his care. Celtic FC has expressed sympathy but continues to insist that the boys’ club was a separate organisation with which it had “historic contacts”.

Mr Woods, now in his sixties, denied this, saying: “We were very much part of Celtic FC.” He was backed by James Dornan, an SNP MSP whose son was on the books of Celtic FC and its feeder club.

Martin Henry, chairman of the Independent Review into Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football, told Channel 4 that there had been an “irrefutable” historical relationhip between Celtic FC and the boys’ club, which was later severed.

He said that Celtic FC and other clubs had an “inescapable” moral obligation to accept responsibility for the abuse that took place at feeder clubs. Offering compensation was “the right thing to do,” he added.

The Scottish Football Association, which commissioned the review, said Mr Henry was speaking in a personal capacity and that it did not endorse his views. The governing body stressed that it was not in the gift of the review to apportion any liability.

The review’s interim report, published in 2018, suggested that senior teams could not distance themselves from abuse at feeder clubs. The Times understands that this will be reiterated in the final report, which is expected to be published within weeks.

Celtic said: “Celtic FC is appalled by any form of historic abuse and has great sympathy for those who suffered abuse and for their families. The club is very sorry that these events took place.

“Although Celtic FC is a separate organisation, we take these [claims] extremely seriously because of the historic contacts between the two organisations.”

When the Dan Gordon documentary is aired and highlights the McCafferty Bennell and Southampton paedo ring in more detail Nonce FC will have even more pressure forced upon them

The mhedias coverage on the Nonce FC statement was disgusting

It’s like living in North Korea and having the news suppressed

All I can say is positive steps are being made on this. Just because C4 have ran 2 pieces on this doesn’t mean now that we sit back and watch.
We have contacts within every authority mentioned and we are in correspondence with them with emails going back and forward. Please trust me that anything we can post will be posted.
There is a lot of work being done and still to be done. A very long way to go and not one of us will back down. I can assure everyone of that.

And what can the regular folk not involved who are disgusted do to help mate? I don’t feel like sitting back anymore.

And what can the regular folk not involved who are disgusted do to help mate? I don’t feel like sitting back anymore.
Put pressure on your MSP’s to raise a motion for a full independent inquiry. They will reply with standard answers of awaiting the conclusion of the SFA inquiry. Soon they won’t have that excuse.
Believe me there are MSP’s out there that support us. I would strongly advise not putting replies from MSP’s on here as that gives the filth and lazy journalists who watch this forum opportunities.

Put pressure on your MSP’s to raise a motion for a full independent inquiry. They will reply with standard answers of awaiting the conclusion of the SFA inquiry. Soon they won’t have that excuse.
Believe me there are MSP’s out there that support us. I would strongly advise not putting replies from MSP’s on here as that gives the filth and lazy journalists who watch this forum opportunities.

Is it best to wait until the report is published or do it now?

Back