Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

6IDfhye.png

"Hi Peter, Alex Thomson, Channel 4 News here. I know you're in there. Can you explain why none of the victims were interviewed during your secret investigation?"

Does lawell stay in throntonhall? Think I know where this house is..

When the Dan Gordon documentary is aired and highlights the McCafferty Bennell and Southampton paedo ring in more detail Nonce FC will have even more pressure forced upon them

The mhedias coverage on the Nonce FC statement was disgusting

It’s like living in North Korea and having the news suppressed
The scum that pretend to be journalists in this country could teach North Korea and others like them the art of suppression and propaganda. Snivelling, grovelling cowards the lot of them.

Some may recall I contacted Adidas to ask them if they're signing a deal with Beast FC but they pissed me about, saying they'd closed my "case." I got right back at them asking for an answer and told them that if they didn't believe what I'd told them about the abuse, all the information is online.

After weeks of no reply I sent them a letter containing all email correspondence from day one and asked once again for an answer. Today, I was sent this email.

Dear Mosset Bear,
Thank you for your email and taking the time to bring to our attention details surrounding convictions made to individuals in association with Celtic Boys Club. Our sympathies extend to the families who have been impacted from these convictions.
We hope you can appreciate that it would not be appropriate for us to provide any comment on such matters as The Celtic Football club is not currently a partner of the adidas Brand. As a policy we also do not discuss any potential future partnerships until such time as those partnerships would be active.
We would like to stress however that adidas takes very seriously the actions and reputations of our partners, ensuring all partners have sufficient policies and procedures in place for the safe guarding of young people.
We have shared your concerns with my wider team and once again would like to thank you for sharing your concerns with us.
Kind regards,
adidas Team
One thing's for sure. No matter what happens, they can't say they didn't know, weren't aware or weren't warned.

Thanks to your efforts and others you have put them in a sticky situation should they partner with them in the future. They would be mad to do so.

How much is it for billboards outside the crime scene?

About time a message was relayed on match days urging support for the victims and details of who they can contact for guidance.

Bucket collections at Scottish stadiums for support services for abuse victims. At the very least Hampden for the semi finals and finals.

I'd urge someone also to reach out to other clubs fans to create a cross club action group in anticipation of the report being released.

All of the above are a must for me.

Great work mate.

Any chance we can keep this updated as and when individuals are contacted.

Perhaps add a column

Contacted - Yes/no
Date sent
Reply recieved Yes/no

About time a message was relayed on match days urging support for the victims and details of who they can contact for guidance.

Bucket collections at Scottish stadiums for support services for abuse victims. At the very least Hampden for the semi finals and finals.

I'd urge someone also to reach out to other clubs fans to create a cross club action group in anticipation of the report being released.

Other clubs fan forms have been approached they don't seem to care much.

Post 10772

idyllwild

I think some people at Celtic - Jock Stein - may have been doing what he thought was the right thing. It wasn’t the right thing, it was absolutely the wrong thing. All he was doing was moving the problem away from Celtic. We can judge that by the questionable and misguided good intention or the useless pointless impact in terms of preventing further abuse.

In terms of whether the actual members of the board were negligent, I don’t know whether that’s been tested legally yet. Hopefully it is tested, and soon, while the people involved are still alive.

But what is categorically true is that people within Celtic knew this was going on, and didn’t do the right thing. I’d struggle to come up with a case for any of them not being negligent. They knew that children were being abused, and they did nothing to prevent further abuse. They either ignored it, or they moved the problem away from Celtic.

How any of these people could sleep at night, knowing that they’d not reported child abusers, and knowing that at any moment other children could be being abused by those same abusers, eff knows.

We’ve seen it again this week with David Steel, who also knew that child abuse was taking place, but chose not to report it for the good of the Liberal Party.

I don’t care what people did on the pitch or in the dugout or the boardroom for Celtic, they effed up spectacularly In the biggest possible way.

A rare bit of honesty from one of them. It'll never catch on.

I would imagine I am not on my own when I say that I have kept up to date with this thread but have refrained from commenting for a while because i feel completely out of my depth,
Having said that I have nothing but admiration and respect for the gentlemen on this forum who are doggedly pursuing justice for these poor men who have had to live with memory of these heinous crimes inflicted on them when they were just children.

what he say GR out of curiosity??

I was surprised BB. He actually was supportive of the victims.

Basically the bear said what will be the impact on scottish football of last nights programme on C4. Keevins replied nothing, it’s all down to Celtic to address this issue.

Gordon took it on quickly but at least there was a tacit support for the victims.

If anybody is interested in buying a custom Rangers hoodie from a well known charity on this topic PM me. Im in talks regarding having a sample batch ordered, so if your coaching etc I think it would be great publicity for them

Police are investigating claims that some of the country’s most notorious predators worked together in a paedophile network which preyed on young footballers.

Earlier this week the Independent Review into Sexual Abuse Within Scottish Football confirmed that it had received “substantive” new evidence of an organised cross-border abuse ring.

It came after The Times published allegationsthat Barry Bennell, a former scout with Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra, and Jim McCafferty, a former Celtic kitman and boy’s club coach, were part of a group that trafficked young players.

Bennell, 66, described by a judge as the “devil incarnate” is serving a 31-year sentence for 50 charges of child sex abuse, while McCafferty, 74, was jailed last year for molesting young players over 24 years.

One survivor, Malcolm Rodger has waived his right of anonymity to claim that he was abused separately by McCafferty and Bennell after being introduced to them by Bill Kelly, his former coach at the now defunct West Lothian club Uphall Saints. Kelly, 84, admitted abusing 12 boys over a 22 year period but served just a year in prison when he was sentenced in 1987.

Police Scotland confirmed it was investigating and that inquiries were “at an early stage”. Detective Chief Inspector Laura Carnochan, head of the force’s national child abuse investigation unit, said: “We would like to assure anyone who has been a victim of child abuse, or knows of someone who has been a victim, that if they wish to report we will listen and we will investigate, and will take prompt action to ensure that no one else is at risk of harm.”
Mr Rodger, 49, from Glasgow, a decorated former serviceman who served in Northern Ireland, Bosnia and the first Gulf War, was subjected to two years of abuse in the 1980s after attending games, trials and tournaments in Scotland, England and Spain.
He said that Kelly and McCafferty, whom he recognised as the trainer of the neighbouring club Fauldhouse United, abused him together many times. Mr Rodger accompanied Kelly on a trip to Blackpool where he was introduced to Bennell.
He recalled: “Kelly told me he was lead scout for Crewe and his name was Barry Bennell. He said that if I showed my ‘appreciation’ then he could open doors and get me noticed.”
Mr Rodger, who has welcomed the police investigation, alleges he was assaulted by both men again at a youth football tournament in Spain. “Kelly introduced me to Bennell for a second time and basically stood and watched guard as he abused me,” he said.
Martin Henry, chairman of the independent review, confirmed his inquiry had heard accounts suggesting that prominent abusers in Scotland and England had been working together. “These have been passed to the English FA inquiry and they’ve also been reported to the police,” he said.
Kelly, a long serving secretary of the West Lothian Association of Youth Football Clubs, denies having any connection with Bennell or McCafferty.
The Scottish FA said it was awaiting the findings of the independent review

In respect of the “separate entity” argument, has anyone ever challenged them on any payments made from Celtic FC to Celtic Boys Club as part of the transformation into St Patrick’s Boys Club

in addition what stipulations were made regarding the use of anything remotely linking Celtic FC to St Patrick’s Boys Club, such as strips etc to allow this payment?

it’s widely thought in Boys Club circles that Celtic paid £70k to facilitate this change. Why would a separate entity, with no responsibility make such a payment and why overnight was this Boys Club banned from holding monthly meetings, functions etc at Celtic Park?

What's the odds that these super-duper new rules will not apply retrospectively?

I don't want to appear negative as justice for the victims for the unimaginable suffering they have and still are suffering must be paramount and the perpetrators and enablers be dragged before a court to answer for their actions.

SNP/Filth/Papist cult will not roll over easily.
If they are for historic instances of child abuse, they can only be applied retrospectively, otherwise what's the point?

I was surprised BB. He actually was supportive of the victims.

Basically the bear said what will be the impact on scottish football of last nights programme on C4. Keevins replied nothing, it’s all down to Celtic to address this issue.

Gordon took it on quickly but at least there was a tacit support for the victims.

Cheers GR well that was a suprise,now should dedicate a full show to this subject.

2012-2020 any subject connected to our wonderful club is fair game and suitable for the air waves.

BB

Back