Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Yes I am, and what's it to with you ho
what's it got to do with you how many posts I've made, and I've been on follow follow longer than two years, I might have rejoined 2 years ago, I'm making the point the corruption and covers are so bad that I think they will get away with it
Well go and start a thread making your point, there are vulnerable people who come on this thread looking for inspiration, not your defeatist opinion.

That first comment there sums up their entire support. “Whit aboot Rangers?”

The dregs of society.

Either they are oblivious to the extent of what went on at their club, or they are wilfully ignorant. They don’t seem to grasp that it doesn’t matter what club it happened at, justice should be brought upon those who committed the crimes, those who covered it up then , and lastly, those who continue to prevent justice being served.

That first comment there sums up their entire support. “Whit aboot Rangers?”

The dregs of society.
The answer to that is simple. If Rangers are found guilty of aiding, abetting, facilitating or ignoring child abuse we should face up to our responsibilities and accept whatever punishment comes our way. That’s what a morally responsible organisation does.

Either they are oblivious to the extent of what went on at their club, or they are wilfully ignorant. They don’t seem to grasp that it doesn’t matter what club it happened at, justice should be brought upon those who committed the crimes, those who covered it up then , and lastly, those who continue to prevent justice being served.
It’s not only their support that will do anything to protect the crimes committed at that club. The justice secretary along with a few others in a position of authority have done the same.
They have decided to hide behind the SFA review also. Like I’ve said previously... Hopefully we can show what we’ve been up against one day. They know that we will never give up the fight for a full independent inquiry, and that will also hopefully show the crimes committed by employees of Celtic on not only these shores but abroad.

It’s not only their support that will do anything to protect the crimes committed at that club. The justice secretary along with a few others in a position of authority have done the same.
They have decided to hide behind the SFA review also. Like I’ve said previously... Hopefully we can show what we’ve been up against one day. They know that we will never give up the fight for a full independent inquiry, and that will also hopefully show the crimes committed by employees of Celtic on not only these shores but abroad.

It is astonishing to me that their fans never stop think it could have happened to them or loved ones. It could have been you or I, or anyone on this forum. This heinous crime was carried out on boys who just wanted to play a game, and whose lives have been destroyed. This went on at numerous clubs from what I gather and it should be bringing ALL football fans together as the crimes committed go way above tribal and football allegiances.
This whole episode being fought out just now is highlighting the absolute corruption on many levels in our society, from the media to law and government.It is in the interest of us all , as citizens of this country to make sure justice is done and seen to be done.
To you, and the others in the background doing your part in bringing those to justice, I thank you all. You all give me hope that our society and the values and principles we abide by are not fully lost.

It is astonishing to me that their fans never stop think it could have happened to them or loved ones. It could have been you or I, or anyone on this forum. This heinous crime was carried out on boys who just wanted to play a game, and whose lives have been destroyed. This went on at numerous clubs from what I gather and it should be bringing ALL football fans together as the crimes committed go way above tribal and football allegiances.
This whole episode being fought out just now is highlighting the absolute corruption on many levels in our society, from the media to law and government.It is in the interest of us all , as citizens of this country to make sure justice is done and seen to be done.
To you, and the others in the background doing your part in bringing those to justice, I thank you all. You all give me hope that our society and the values and principles we abide by are not fully lost.

It’s even worse than your fear SAB, because there are CBC players who we think were abused but are scared to come out with the truth because they fear their families disowning them.

That’s the mindset you are dealing with mate.

It’s even worse than your fear SAB, because there are CBC players who we think were abused but are scared to come out with the truth because they fear their families disowning them.

I think, and I’m probably wrong, that part of the problem is that the signs point to institutional or organisational abuse. It is hard for outsiders to understand, thus victims are reluctant to speak out as when they do, they are stigmatised and dismissed.
Our beliefs about the world are very hard to change as our identities are wrapped up in them. This is why families of victims can’t accept the testimonies of victims and disown them. Again, this is me just guessing, I’m probably way off the mark.
I really hope the victims get what for them is justice and that they find peace in their lives.

I think, and I’m probably wrong, that part of the problem is that the signs point to institutional or organisational abuse. It is hard for outsiders to understand, thus victims are reluctant to speak out as when they do, they are stigmatised and dismissed.
Our beliefs about the world are very hard to change as our identities are wrapped up in them. This is why families of victims can’t accept the testimonies of victims and disown them. Again, this is me just guessing, I’m probably way off the mark.
I really hope the victims get what for them is justice and that they find peace in their lives.

No matter who they played for, or in what environment these people were abused, I really hope they get justice, and closure, and can find the inner peace to enjoy what remains of their lives.

One thing i'd like to stress is there's nothing wrong with reiterating information that appeared on here weeks or months ago. A lot of folk seeing this thread for the first time are not going to read through thousands of posts. The more information easily accessible, the better.

Seen a screenshot sent round the Badger_Loyal that says celtic due to be served writs by 10 victims over the next couple days followed by another 40 and another 5 peados named.

Now I know the lassie who runs that site forget her name is usually fulla shite and likes to think herself in the know with all things not just Rangers but everything so I took it with a pinch of salt.

Anyone heard anything

Seen a screenshot sent round the Badger_Loyal that says celtic due to be served writs by 10 victims over the next couple days followed by another 40 and another 5 peados named.

Now I know the lassie who runs that site forget her name is usually fulla shite and likes to think herself in the know with all things not just Rangers but everything so I took it with a pinch of salt.

Anyone heard anything

I personally don’t know of developments that significant in the short term IL, but maybe others do.

They speak of point scoring and scurrilous comments, club ambassador, ex players, press and media place men defending the indefensible. What type of people are they,the people who committed these crimes are deviants. Peter Lawwell has said "it's a sensitive subject". Why so many over decades,because of the responsive behaviour of officials at the club was sadly lacking. Hopefully the victims will have their days in court and receive the justice they deserve.

Well done Gordon Woods

Don’t let them silence you

Tell the world what that rancid club covered up and still refuses to accept the blame for 100’s of victims of CSA with paedos who were allowed to run riot with abusing kids

I hope you get the compensation and any help you need

These players need to be asked questions under oath. Would probably help them to relieve their burden in a way that couldn't be avoided, and in a way that would stop their families from blaming them.

These players need to be asked questions under oath. Would probably help them to relieve their burden in a way that couldn't be avoided, and in a way that would stop their families from blaming them.

It’s hard RF.

These guys are victims & if they’ve built up a mechanism to cope would we be right to try to force them into the spotlight ?

It’s really a difficult one. Of course these perverts deserve outed, but if these guys have learned to cope over the last 30 years will they want to put themselves in the public eye the way the scum behave towards anyone they perceive to be going at their horrible club ?

Forcing someone who has suffered a horrendous crime to relive it through their fear of prosecution is just as bad as abusing them in real life.

Anyone who has suffered abuse of any nature needs to feel listened to, comforted and believed, amongst other things.

If there are other people who have remained silent on their abuse in this whole murky and sordid episode in their life, I hope they find the courage to talk to someone who can signpost them to speak to people who can help them and, if it's a course they feel is helpful, speak to the legal teams involved.

Forcing people through citations, which under oath would be, could lead to abused persons making catastrophic decisions.

I'm not trying to over exaggerate a situation, but mental health is critical here.

It’s hard RF.

These guys are victims & if they’ve built up a mechanism to cope would we be right to try to force them into the spotlight ?

It’s really a difficult one. Of course these perverts deserve outed, but if these guys have learned to cope over the last 30 years will they want to put themselves in the public eye the way the scum behave towards anyone they perceive to be going at their horrible club ?
Not sure if their involvement in a trial could be kept under wraps, but the main point is the evidence and whether it leads to catching another one.

Not sure if their involvement in a trial could be kept under wraps, but the main point is the evidence and whether it leads to catching another one.

True. Or even catch somebody who’s been done before for new untried crimes.

It is really difficult. You can see both sides to the argument.

I just personally think it may be best to err on the side of the person abused, but I do accept that these guys being free can mean other youngsters at risk.

It’s hard RF.

Couldn't agree more. They could be men with family and kids that they don't want exposed to this. It's very understandable and their wishes must be respected by all.

I can honestly say that if I was in this position, which I thankfully am not, then I would have no idea how to respond. These predators know this, that's why they have got away with it for so long and indeed are getting away with it to this day. They'll just be more devious.

Couldn't agree more. They could be men with family and kids that they don't want exposed to this. It's very understandable and their wishes must be respected by all.

I can honestly say that if I was in this position, which I thankfully am not, then I would have no idea how to respond. These predators know this, that's why they have got away with it for so long and indeed are getting away with it to this day. They'll just be more devious.

Exactly mate.

It’s so cynical & calculated by the paedophiles but they actually play on these people’s fragilities.

As you say a lot of these guys will have young / teenage children now probably & it must be a real dilemma for them to bring an issue such as this into their kids heads:mad:

There are three ex CBC guys who committed suicide over the last decade or so. You just wonder what happened to them to commit suicide.

May have been something totally separate that caused it of course.

Exactly mate.

It’s so cynical & calculated by the paedophiles but they actually play on these people’s fragilities.

As you say a lot of these guys will have young / teenage children now probably & it must be a real dilemma for them to bring an issue such as this into their kids heads:mad:

There are three ex CBC guys who committed suicide over the last decade or so. You just wonder what happened to them to commit suicide.

May have been something totally separate that caused it of course.

Could they not give evidence behind screens or via video link,as what happens in rape trials and at salmonds trial?.

Could they not give evidence behind screens or via video link,as what happens in rape trials and at salmonds trial?.

You’re probably right T, that could be the compromise where at least they aren’t being made public. RF also agreed with your approach too.

If they feel that doesn’t harm them by bringing all of this history back into the front of their minds then great. I just feel these peoples mindsets should be priority one mate.

Im sure lots of others disagree with that.

You’re probably right T, that could be the compromise where at least they aren’t being made public. RF also agreed with your approach too.

If they feel that doesn’t harm them by bringing all of this history back into the front of their minds then great. I just feel these peoples mindsets should be priority one mate.

Im sure lots of others disagree with that.
We can all sit here and ponder what people should and shouldn't do. I've never been in that situation and I dont even want to imagine it.

Everybody has a different way of coping with things. Some want justice and some want to put it to the very back of their minds. We cannot and we should not judge anybody who has been a victim.

Back