Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Just when you think they couldnt stoop any lower
We constantly hear of people in a position of power within Scottish Football & the SNP who are unable to comment due to ongoing cases, legal reasons , you name it the excuse is there to avoid highlight or commenting on the abuse that has taken place
What can we actually do about this?

I've been following this thread for months without contributing, but what I've read on here in the last two days is disgraceful. From the constant copy & paste replies and now this news that testimony has been removed for legal reasons. I can only hope that means that someone else will be getting brought to justice soon.
Hat doffed to all who are working on this and keep fighting.
Once again hats off to the victims for their courage in fighting the vile monsters that perpetrated these crimes on the most vulnerable and yet most precious members of society, but you have suffered (possibly as bad as the crime) not only the bitter and astonishing disbelief of the people you turned to for help, but the poltroons who now squirm in fear as the towers of sodom and gomorrah start the to crumble in to the soft earth of Hampden and the east end of Glasgow, i have also followed this thread for months and i have been blown away by the efforts on here, there is no way i could match the effort by some on here but what i can do at the very least is talk about it, put a red mark next to a comment in a paper, send a text, phone a sponsor ask them if they are still sponsoring celtic after the scandals, the point i make is nothing is too trivial or small i have even started collecting snails painting BJK on there shells, so keep going every one proud to be a bear,

OMG. I got tired just reading it, what a massive fob off all in unison, just about the same standard letter, they don't like it being mentioned and intend to do nothing about it.
IMHO mr. Joseph Fitzpatrick ( wonder where his affiliations lie) has no intention of ever doing anything, it's a massive co ordinated song that they are singing in unison, but when the walls come crumbling down they are all mucked.
Eventually good people will stand up and be counted and karma will fix these other people up.

OMG. I got tired just reading it, what a massive fob off all in unison, just about the same standard letter, they don't like it being mentioned and intend to do nothing about it.
IMHO mr. Joseph Fitzpatrick ( wonder where his affiliations lie) has no intention of ever doing anything, it's a massive co ordinated song that they are singing in unison, but when the walls come crumbling down they are all mucked.
Eventually good people will stand up and be counted and karma will fix these other people up.

The more we expose before the next election the better mate. They don’t deserve us paying for their living.

Just when you think they couldnt stoop any lower
We constantly hear of people in a position of power within Scottish Football & the SNP who are unable to comment due to ongoing cases, legal reasons , you name it the excuse is there to avoid highlight or commenting on the abuse that has taken place
What can we actually do about this?

Surely there must be clause whereby Westminster can step in if its deemed that unionists are being discriminated against by a nationalist gov. As it currently stands they conveniently have very little accountability in all of the cases that they dont support, this makes the devolved parliament not fit for its intended devolved unionist purpose. Devolition needs to be ammended or scrapped altogether imo

Honestly, every time I read the information on this thread it makes me feel sick in the pit of my stomach. The thought of the evil and corruption going on angers me and leaves me feeling dejected at times. Not only the crime, but the fact we have adults in positions of power who not only harm children but cover up crimes against them.

It it is hard not to feel disheartened, God knows how victims and their families feel when they continually face and encounter this evil.

Watergate. It was the cover up that killed them, not the initial issue.

Let’s not get too down, because history has shown that this may do them MORE damage if the cover up is exposed & publicised.

And we know people who will publicise it.

Spot on GY. Keep the chins up. I know the guys are working hard in the background and they are like a dug with a bone. They are not letting this go.

Think it is also important to stay on point to the primary goal and that is justice for the victims.

I commend each and every one you guys doing the work. A few of you know me and I will be happy to help out if required.

Spot on GY. Keep the chins up. I know the guys are working hard in the background and they are like a dug with a bone. They are not letting this go.

Think it is also important to stay on point to the primary goal and that is justice for the victims.

I commend each and every one you guys doing the work. A few of you know me and I will be happy to help out if required.

Thanks a lot CB. And as you say the primary goal is justice for the victims & their families.

And if the world gets to learn the truth about that horrible club in the east end along the way, then even better.

As they say ‘a club like no other’:D

As well as the football obviously I used to love going to Scotland. Loads of family over there. Band connections and more recently playing bowls. Now this country I used be so fond of is no longer there and what it has become both saddens and sickens me. I pray that the victims get their justice and these animals are brought before the courts.

Thanks a lot CB. And as you say the primary goal is justice for the victims & their families.

And if the world gets to learn the truth about that horrible club in the east end along the way, then even better.

As they say ‘a club like no other’:D

I've been away for a while for personal reasons, but have been in touch with BN so I'm a bit behind. Catching up now and it is honestly turning my stomach GY. What has this once great wee country become? A country run by corrupt, soulless, morally bankrupt bigots. I don't use this term lightly, but I hate this country now. This needs to stop and it seems more people are starting to wake up to the fact that the CSA was worse than originally thought. The tide is slowly turning, but we should always remember a key word here. Patience.

I've been away for a while for personal reasons, but have been in touch with BN so I'm a bit behind. Catching up now and it is honestly turning my stomach GY. What has this once great wee country become? A country run by corrupt, soulless, morally bankrupt bigots. I don't use this term lightly, but I hate this country now. This needs to stop and it seems more people are starting to wake up to the fact that the CSA was worse than originally thought. The tide is slowly turning, but we should always remember a key word here. Patience.

I agree with you CB, but it really does mean our community standing up to change it because our country is getting close to being another Rhepublic.

The great news as you say is that patience is vital, and that we have as a community woken up and started fighting so that’s us at least on the right track.

Last edited:
The way i was brought up by my parents was to own up to any wrong doings and always try and do the correct thing. That's what punk and my life means to me. Some people like that lot, and their champions can never see this
sadly in a helluva lot of these cases ,it appears the victims families are complicit in their abuses being hushed up and buried ,in the name of protecting the club, a mindset unfortunately that takes hold due to brainwashing and guilt being force fed to young children starting out in life"s adventure by their corrupt church

Listen gentlemen. Let's not speculate on this and what we think or dont thinks happening. There are posters on here who are in the trenches shall we say. When things are happening and they can let you know, they will and they do. It's all very delicate stuff and we should treat it as such.

Lurkers are on here looking for the slightest slip to play on, so let's be careful with accusations and as I say, leave it to the lads on here. They've always been on the front foot, the rest of us are only guessing.

Listen gentlemen. Let's not speculate on this and what we think or dont thinks happening. There are posters on here who are in the trenches shall we say. When things are happening and they can let you know, they will and they do. It's all very delicate stuff and we should treat it as such.

Lurkers are on here looking for the slightest slip to play on, so let's be careful with accusations and as I say, leave it to the lads on here. They've always been on the front foot, the rest of us are only guessing.

Couldn't agree more.

sadly in a helluva lot of these cases ,it appears the victims families are complicit in their abuses being hushed up and buried ,in the name of protecting the club, a mindset unfortunately that takes hold due to brainwashing and guilt being force fed to young children starting out in life"s adventure by their corrupt church

Sadly you’re correct Yosser.

Last edited:

An English-based paedophile had connections with Celtic Boys Club it has emerged, strengthening claims of collusion between a network of abusers.

Father Michael Spencer, a priest, teacher and football coach, used his position at Preston Catholic College, Lancashire, to abuse dozens of adolescent boys in the 1970s.

Now evidence has emerged which shows that Spencer, who died in 2000, forged a relationship with Celtic FC’s feeder club and brought young players to Glasgow. Four men who held senior roles with Celtic Boys Club have been convicted of sexual abuse, spanning four decades, in recent years.

Police Scotland is investigating claims that known abusers worked together to molest young footballers.

It came after an independent review — commissioned by the Scottish FA — received “substantive” new evidence of an organised abuse ring operated by paedophile coaches in Scotland and England.

Celtic View, Celtic FC’s official magazine, carried an article praising Spencer in August, 1975. It said he had been invited to Glasgow for a “friendly” match between Celtic Boys Club and his Preston Schoolboys under 15 team.

In 2012 Patrick Raggett, a former lawyer, was awarded £55,000 in damages for the years of abuse Spencer inflicted on him during his schooldays.

Lady Justice Swift at the High Court in London ruled Mr Raggett had been the victim of “insidious” abuse, stating: “Father Spencer took every opportunity to observe naked young boys and film them. He exploited his position to touch and fondle the boys for his own sexual satisfaction.”

Mr Raggett told The Times: “It seems inconceivable to me that Spencer and those responsible for abuse at Celtic Boys Club weren’t in collusion.”

His abuser filmed and photographed him naked on numerous occasions as well as taking shots of him in his football kit and swimming trunks.

Mr Ragget said: “Spencer was a Celtic fanatic and had an obsession with photography and filming. He used to wear a black tracksuit with a Celtic badge and would show cine footage of the Celtic Boys Club playing, which would bore us rigid. I also believe he was sharing naked footage of me with others.”

In 2004 John Cullen, who worked as the official photographer for Celtic View for almost 30 years, admitted taking indecent photographs of boys as young as 10. Cleaners found a black bag containing bundles of black and white images of naked and semi-naked boys in a store room at Celtic Park.

Glasgow sheriff court heard the cache had been hidden there for almost 20 years before the management was alerted, called in the police and sacked Cullen, who was given three years probation.

In 1976 Spencer’s conduct was deemed to be “unsatisfactory”, but he remained at the college until it closed in 1978 before being sent to Orkney.

The review into abuse in Scottish football, due to be published within weeks, is expected to name Gordon Neely, a former Rangers and Hibernian youth coach, as a prolific abuser who worked with other paedophiles in northwest England. Neely died of cancer in 2014.

Celtic FC has said that it is sorry that abuse took place but continues to insist that it was a separate entity to its feeder club.

Last edited:
https://apple.news/A4SqoFmJDSjKxBiB1gC89Ow

An English-based paedophile had connections with Celtic Boys Club it has emerged, strengthening claims of collusion between a network of abusers.

Father Michael Spencer, a priest, teacher and football coach, used his position at Preston Catholic College, Lancashire, to abuse dozens of adolescent boys in the 1970s.

Now evidence has emerged which shows that Spencer, who died in 2000, forged a relationship with Celtic FC’s feeder club and brought young players to Glasgow. Four men who held senior roles with Celtic Boys Club have been convicted of sexual abuse, spanning four decades, in recent years.

Police Scotland is investigating claims that known abusers worked together to molest young footballers.

It came after an independent review — commissioned by the Scottish FA — received “substantive” new evidence of an organised abuse ring operated by paedophile coaches in Scotland and England.

Celtic View, Celtic FC’s official magazine, carried an article praising Spencer in August, 1975. It said he had been invited to Glasgow for a “friendly” match between Celtic Boys Club and his Preston Schoolboys under 15 team.

In 2012 Patrick Raggett, a former lawyer, was awarded £55,000 in damages for the years of abuse Spencer inflicted on him during his schooldays.

Lady Justice Swift at the High Court in London ruled Mr Raggett had been the victim of “insidious” abuse, stating: “Father Spencer took every opportunity to observe naked young boys and film them. He exploited his position to touch and fondle the boys for his own sexual satisfaction.”

Mr Raggett told The Times: “It seems inconceivable to me that Spencer and those responsible for abuse at Celtic Boys Club weren’t in collusion.”

His abuser filmed and photographed him naked on numerous occasions as well as taking shots of him in his football kit and swimming trunks.

Mr Ragget said: “Spencer was a Celtic fanatic and had an obsession with photography and filming. He used to wear a black tracksuit with a Celtic badge and would show cine footage of the Celtic Boys Club playing, which would bore us rigid. I also believe he was sharing naked footage of me with others.”

In 2004 John Cullen, who worked as the official photographer for Celtic View for almost 30 years, admitted taking indecent photographs of boys as young as 10. Cleaners found a black bag containing bundles of black and white images of naked and semi-naked boys in a store room at Celtic Park.

Glasgow sheriff court heard the cache had been hidden there for almost 20 years before the management was alerted, called in the police and sacked Cullen, who was given three years probation.

In 1976 Spencer’s conduct was deemed to be “unsatisfactory”, but he remained at the college until it closed in 1978 before being sent to Orkney.

The review into abuse in Scottish football, due to be published within weeks, is expected to name Gordon Neely, a former Rangers and Hibernian youth coach, as a prolific abuser who worked with other paedophiles in northwest England. Neely died of cancer in 2014.

Celtic FC has said that it is sorry that abuse took place but continues to insist that it was a separate entity to its feeder club.
My goodness another one with links to that club .I am deeply saddened that anyone could help to cover this up .It breaks my heart .

https://apple.news/A4SqoFmJDSjKxBiB1gC89Ow

There's that official club publication reporting on a boys club that is nothing to do with them again.

One has to wonder why the celtc view kept mistakenly reporting on an entirely unrelated football team.

TOP CLASS !

3 years probation for a bag full of indecent photos of naked or semi-naked

I'll try again,3 years probation for a bag full of naked or semi-naked boys,how any sane person can call this justice is beyond me.

Astonishing eh? And no follow up to try and identify the victims. Very strange.
[/Q

Something tells me S.G. they tried to identify some of the boys but nothing came of it,as you say it's very strange,the fact cullen got off with 3 years probation says to me somone further up there food chain had a heavy hand in this.

Back