Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

sadly in a helluva lot of these cases ,it appears the victims families are complicit in their abuses being hushed up and buried ,in the name of protecting the club, a mindset unfortunately that takes hold due to brainwashing and guilt being force fed to young children starting out in life"s adventure by their corrupt church
Very sad but so true yosser

I'm taking the delay as a positive move, with the long lockdown it gives them time to go over everything carefully again. Get everything tied down and watertight, even maybe to enhance it with new material that's being uncovered everyday.
Update, they should include today allegations of the Paedo Priest, Celtic Boys Club. Cross border abuse trafficking too Glasgow Celtic.

Last edited:
We were told ages ago that it was over 100 claimants for them.

Didn’t know the detail behind that, but I’m not surprised mate.

And other lawyers will have cases / victims too.

I know from following this thread that those numbers were being spoken of. However, when you hear it from someone who was a victim, it brings solidity to the matter. Absolutely horrific.

It is hard to comprehend when reading about this on a screen, and hearing from someone who was affected by this bridges that gap just a wee bit. By the sounds of it, this gentleman is not going to give up on this and I applaud his bravery and courage. He will give strength to others going through this.

I know from following this thread that those numbers were being spoken of. However, when you hear it from someone who was a victim, it brings solidity to the matter. Absolutely horrific.

It is hard to comprehend when reading about this on a screen, and hearing from someone who was affected by this bridges that gap just a wee bit. By the sounds of it, this gentleman is not going to give up on this and I applaud his bravery and courage. He will give strength to others going through this.

Well said;)

I agree with you CB, but it really does mean our community standing up to change it because our country is getting close to being another Rhepublic.

The great news as you say is that patience is vital, and that we have as a community woken up and started fighting so that’s us at least on the right track.
Where I live , is thought of a republican hole , it is not , it is just that they wear the mentally challenged tuxedo everywhere, weddings, Christinings, Court Cases, Funerals-Parents Night--and Celic Gmaes

I thought this might help some of the people involved in this fight to bring the these guys some closure and maybe help the rest of the one's involved as well. I certainly found it helpfull.

DON'T QUIT
When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When funds are low, and the debts is high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't quit,
Life is queer with it's twists and turns,as everyone of us sometimes learns, and many a failure turns about,
when he might have won had he stuck it out,
Don't give up though the pace though the pace seems slow-
You may succeed with another blow.
Success is failure turned inside out-
The silver tint of clouds of doubt.
And you can never tell how close you are
It may be near when it seems so far.
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit

Will probably sound daft but is them being taken to Supreme court a good thing? I always thought it was the final court you can face after endless rejection from courts below that and after that there's nowhere else to go? So have the cases been knocked back in lower court with this being the final chance at justice for the victims?

Will probably sound daft but is them being taken to Supreme court a good thing? I always thought it was the final court you can face after endless rejection from courts below that and after that there's nowhere else to go? So have the cases been knocked back in lower court with this being the final chance at justice for the victims?
I think the reference is to the US Supreme Court

the UK supreme court is/was revising its laws on paedophilia/child sexual abuse and the celtic boys club victims lawyers were awaiting this judgment .before lodging their cases for compensation.
the changes made by the UK supreme court,means there will be no more get out clauses for perpetrators and the people who harboured and facilitated their sordid crimes.

the US courts will pass their own judgments on the alleged sexual abuse crimes committed on their soil by celtic boys club coaches ,whilst on tour there and the subsequent cover ups put in place by the club directors. in their own good time.This is currently in the hands of the authorities in the US and they will be investigating it thoroughly ,which is more than can be said for police scotland here.

the UK supreme court is/was revising its laws on paedophilia/child sexual abuse and the celtic boys club victims lawyers were awaiting this judgment .before lodging their cases for compensation.
the changes made by the UK supreme court,means there will be no more get out clauses for perpetrators and the people who harboured and facilitated their sordid crimes.

the US courts will pass their own judgments on the alleged sexual abuse crimes committed on their soil by celtic boys club coaches ,whilst on tour there and the subsequent cover ups put in place by the club directors. in their own good time.This is currently in the hands of the authorities in the US and they will be investigating it thoroughly ,which is more than can be said for police scotland here.
Ooft! I didn't actually realise just how much it was kicking off. Good stuff anyway, the victims deserve justice.

That is great too know

Ooft! I didn't actually realise just how much it was kicking off. Good stuff anyway, the victims deserve justice.

it kicked off a long time ago and all relevant information will be posted in here,as and when its safe and confirmed to do so....please be patient,there is a lot of work going on and this will take great time and effort.
trust me,no stone will be left unturned in our pursuit of justice for the victims ,with more and more suspects and information coming to the surface.

it kicked off a long time ago and all relevant information will be posted in here,as and when its safe and confirmed to do so....please be patient,there is a lot of work going on and this will take great time and effort.
trust me,no stone will be left unturned in our pursuit of justice for the victims ,with more and more suspects and information coming to the surface.
Brilliant stuff. Good luck to you and the rest of the team.

If "separate entity" is what they are going to court with as a defence they will rightly be destroyed and humiliated
Totally agree. They will continue this to the end I believe. If you remember Alex Thomson mentioned this in his report.. Celtic clearly benefitted from the boys club. That is how the Supreme Court will view this.
It is actually laughable and also at the same time shameful that a professional football club can turn their back on so many victims of their own boys club. No football club on this earth would do this. So they rightly claim they are “a club like no other”. We can’t argue with that. It’s true.
I don’t like to bring politics into it, but on this subject it has to be. Our fight has also been the Nationalists that run this devolved country. The justice secretary will one day hopefully hang his head in shame and be forced to answer questions on this subject. And he’s not the only one.

Totally agree. They will continue this to the end I believe. If you remember Alex Thomson mentioned this in his report.. Celtic clearly benefitted from the boys club. That is how the Supreme Court will view this.
It is actually laughable and also at the same time shameful that a professional football club can turn their back on so many victims of their own boys club. No football club on this earth would do this. So they rightly claim they are “a club like no other”. We can’t argue with that. It’s true.
I don’t like to bring politics into it, but on this subject it has to be. Our fight has also been the Nationalists that run this devolved country. The justice secretary will one day hopefully hang his head in shame and be forced to answer questions on this subject. And he’s not the only one.
Still to this day can't believe they came out with this "Seperate Entity " pish, i don't know who advised them to say that but my personal feeling is that will haunt them and play a part in bringing them down

Still to this day can't believe they came out with this "Seperate Entity " pish, i don't know who advised them to say that but my personal feeling is that will haunt them and play a part in bringing them down
My feelings are they will keep up the pretence of Separate Entity till the very last, drag the forthcoming court cases out as long as possible. But ultimately the will settle out of court if possible, I hope some of the victims refuse an out of court settlement as it will come with Non Disclosure agreement. But some victims now want their story told in court, only my opinion of course, as I'm not privvy to any information.

Don't care what anyone says --men were created with a purple headed battering Ram and hee haws to further life as well as have some fun in the making---why would a church insist their leaders should never do this --same with nuns--why have a birdcage with no birds in it.. Does not explain though how it is young boys they go for-- that is just Pheadaphilia

what do you expect from a republican government , full of people that should be no where near running a government---we have a justice minister who is no better than a tea boy with SELF INTEREST, with a father in hiding in Pakistan on tax avoidance --a finance minister who looks 12 and scared , so out her league--the Mp for Argyle and Bute who wants to shut Faslane and Coulport and whose brother is an IRA loving scumbag , high up in BBC--and what about our FM--a woman ashamed to say she is married--so would I if I was married to the odious fat creap Pete Murrell--who actually runs that mob and is English.....

Back