Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Grigo Yossarian

Cash for silence ? as that well known and now deceased comedian would say " That's a cracker " and surely to God Westminster would slaughter them for trying to win votes with that statement . Is that the price the SNP put on the sexual abuse of children and the complete destruction of lives . Holy F*ck , that is an absolute insult to all the victims , BTW RK , excellent letter to that clown ! ps. Never knew you supported them ! ;)
Funny Alex :D

Brother Crockett

What we are seeing in that article reference the SNP’s stance comes as no surprise to us. We have gone “toe to toe” with this poor excuse of a political party for a long time now on this issue.

They are attempting to coverup and hope it goes away along with that vile club.

If the victims choose to go down this path then that’s their prerogative. Remember each individual case will be different, but what I can gather from this article is they are being strongly advised not to do so.

In the coming months we will see a lot of positives and negatives coming out. We have fought with SNP members daily. They are governing a country that has the biggest football scandal to hit world football.

The majority of their members and especially the justice secretary align themselves with this club. This is what we are up against here. We are fighting corruption within a government, and the Catholic cult.

Now some may think we are exaggerating when I say that. They have proved worldwide that they will fight to the death to coverup child abuse.

The SNP’s silence on this issue speaks volumes. We knew this is a path they would try and choose eventually. We will continue to push for an inquiry no matter what along with opposing parties MSP’s.

I’d also like to say to anyone that comes on here and votes for them? I personally would like to say to you, hang your head in shame.
I am astounded by this, totally astounded. The only positive is that it has come out before the election, but who can actually use it? Labour want the Keltic vote as much as the SNP do, are they going to do the right thing? Even if the Tories put this on every lamp post in Scotland, is it reflected in the ballot box against the block vote?

Rathcool Kai

Cash for silence ? as that well known and now deceased comedian would say " That's a cracker " and surely to God Westminster would slaughter them for trying to win votes with that statement . Is that the price the SNP put on the sexual abuse of children and the complete destruction of lives . Holy F*ck , that is an absolute insult to all the victims , BTW RK , excellent letter to that clown ! ps. Never knew you supported them ! ;)
Oh I'm an avid supporter mate, you know it makes sense:cool:

BlueBearette

That is truly unbelievable we can’t be the only ones who are shocked the snp would do this there surely must be other people in power who see what’s going on here they won’t be getting my vote that’s for damn sure scumbags the lot of them it just makes you wonder why they want to keep the whole thing secret and how far this actually goes.

johnnylittle

Hold on a fùcking minute!
Am I reading this right?

The snp will pay compensation for sellicks victims as long as they stay quiet?
No, the taxpayers will pay compensation, as long as they stay quiet. Absolute shite, why should you the tax payer, pay compensation just to keep celtics paedo ring quiet. Unfuching believable.

A demonstration is needed now, before the election.

davydumper

It horrifies me to think this lot have stooped to this depth to try and bury what is a truly shocking period in this country’s history, what does it take to get this out there and get voters to vote these parasites out, sick to the pit of my stomach with what is going on.

Chopper

I posted that article on FB, I rarely post anything to do with Independence, SNP anymore as I can't be arsed with the fallout but as soon as I posted it the hordes naturally swarmed. Coming out with the usual pish that it's right wing spin from the Tories and it's typical that it's so close to a General Election.

Simply put, another example that no matter the number of victims, literally hundreds, it doesn't matter when it puts a blot on the SNP's so brilliant landscape.

I fucking hate what Scotland has become right now.

Grigo Yossarian

I posted that article on FB, I rarely post anything to do with Independence, SNP anymore as I can't be arsed with the fallout but as soon as I posted it the hordes naturally swarmed. Coming out with the usual pish that it's right wing spin from the Tories and it's typical that it's so close to a General Election.

Simply put, another example that no matter the number of victims, literally hundreds, it doesn't matter when it puts a blot on the SNP's so brilliant landscape.

I fucking hate what Scotland has become right now.
100% agree Chopper.

BlueNose94

It horrifies me to think this lot have stooped to this depth to try and bury what is a truly shocking period in this country’s history, what does it take to get this out there and get voters to vote these parasites out, sick to the pit of my stomach with what is going on.
We have fought this poor excuse of a political party for month’s now Davy. Nothing will get in the way of their independent Scotland, not even child abuse.

They will not stand against what’s gone on at Celtic for the obvious fear they will lose the republican vote.

They are about to take Scotland down a very dangerous path and they need to be voted out. It sickens me that amongst us there are people who vote for them.

We have argued for a motion to be raised in parliament and the reply the SNP give us is the “ongoing cases” issue. They say the can’t hold an inquiry while this is going on. This simply isn’t true. We have sent them this in black and white and received no reply.

Personally due to the experience of dealing with them on a near daily basis, I’m actually scared of them getting in again. Tactical voting is the only way to get rid of them.

Blues and Royals

We have fought this poor excuse of a political party for month’s now Davy. Nothing will get in the way of their independent Scotland, not even child abuse.

They will not stand against what’s gone on at Celtic for the obvious fear they will lose the republican vote.

They are about to take Scotland down a very dangerous path and they need to be voted out. It sickens me that amongst us there are people who vote for them.

We have argued for a motion to be raised in parliament and the reply the SNP give us is the “ongoing cases” issue. They say the can’t hold an inquiry while this is going on. This simply isn’t true. We have sent them this in black and white and received no reply.

Personally due to the experience of dealing with them on a near daily basis, I’m actually scared of them getting in again. Tactical voting is the only way to get rid of them.
In a relatively short space of time, this country will become a very dangerous place to live if they ever manage to gain independence .

BlueNose94

This from the the instituteforgovernment.org. One of the members in the background sent them this after we were told an inquiry cannot run while there is an “ongoing case”

Judges have been the preferred choice to chair most public inquiries since 1990 (see Figure 4). Out of the 68 public inquiries run between 1990 and 2017, 44 had/have judicial chairs.* There are many reasons why judges are such a popular choice, with several commonly cited strengths including:

• political independence
• experience of running hearings
• the ability to analyse information and uncover facts
• the benefit of legal experience in instances when an inquiry is running concurrently with criminal proceedings
• an understanding of legal and procedural complexity.

Last edited:

Commentator

This from the the institute from government.org. One of the members in the background sent them this after we were told an inquiry cannot run while there is an “ongoing case”

Judges have been the preferred choice to chair most public inquiries since 1990 (see Figure 4). Out of the 68 public inquiries run between 1990 and 2017, 44 had/have judicial chairs.* There are many reasons why judges are such a popular choice, with several commonly cited strengths including:

• political independence
• experience of running hearings
• the ability to analyse information and uncover facts
• the benefit of legal experience in instances when an inquiry is running concurrently with criminal proceedings
• an understanding of legal and procedural complexity.
Why are the Conservatives not all over this?

Karbear

Theres so many things the opposition parties should be calling them out on and they don’t.

We need as many people as possible to throw this back at the SNP. The full document on public inquiries is here:

Page 18 is the relevant page.

An inquiry can start during criminal proceedings but the final report cannot be released until all cases are over.

BlueNose94

Like karbear has mentioned, there is so much more the opposition parties should be doing. We have also received positive replies from Labour. One even raising a parliamentary question on this issue, for it to be met with a standard reply from the justice secretary.

We have the majority of MSP’s ( who we have contacted) supporting a motion. So the question to them is why not raise it?

brand69

Like karbear has mentioned, there is so much more the opposition parties should be doing. We have also received positive replies from Labour. One even raising a parliamentary question on this issue, for it to be met with a standard reply from the justice secretary.

We have the majority of MSP’s ( who we have contacted) supporting a motion. So the question to them is why not raise it?
Have you had an answer to that question?

Brother Crockett

Because Labour lost power when it lost the Keltic vote. SNP got it when they got it. Labour courted that vote for 100 years, not just the recent past when Salmond figured it out. Labour would love nothing better than return to the past when they could be assured of that block of votes. IMHO, no Labour or SNP politician will be allowed to break ranks with this, any Tory will be branded a bigot.

The only surprise is Labour didn't think of the scheme first.

Rathcool Kai

Because Labour lost power when it lost the Keltic vote. SNP got it when they got it. Labour courted that vote for 100 years, not just the recent past when Salmond figured it out. Labour would love nothing better than return to the past when they could be assured of that block of votes. IMHO, no Labour or SNP politician will be allowed to break ranks with this, any Tory will be branded a bigot.

The only surprise is Labour didn't think of the scheme first.
I don't follow the perception that the catholic vote wins the S.N.P. power, as far as i'm aware the catholic population is around 17% of the Scottish population, maybe expanded in recent years to 20% due to the influx of Poles, so I would think that there are too many Protestant's and Highlanders possibly who are giving them the power, we need to spread the word to our own kind to force change.

BSIII

Have you had an answer to that question?
James Kelly's question: 'To ask the Scottish Government what steps it will take to ensure that incidents of historic child abuse in football are fully investigated and proportionately penalised.'

Answered by Humza Yousaf (07/10/2019):
'Any allegations are for Police Scotland to investigate, and sentencing in individual cases is a matter for the court – with life imprisonment the maximum penalty for the most serious offences involving the sexual abuse of children.

The Scottish Government unreservedly condemns the abhorrent crime of sexual abuse, and we are working closely with a range of organisations to ensure all children can enjoy playing football in a safe and secure environment.'

Worth pointing out this was only a written parliamentary question so was not asked in the Chamber at Holyrood. The answer would be prepared by a civil servant and signed off by Yousaf. An oral question would be far more effective as Yousaf would have to answer the question in person and then Kelly would have the opportunity to ask a supplementary question in response which Yousaf would not have had sight of. Sadly Kelly only submitting a written question was a bit of a cop out. Remember, this is the MSP who stood up at FMQs and asked about Lennon's jacket being hit by a coin. That was more important to him than an inquiry into decades of child abuse.

Bobafett Bear

Swinney needs taken to task for his comments,what he says should be political suicide and should bring the party to its knee’s and that is not even to start in all the way back WHO decided to exclude sporting institutions,this plan goes way back just like the abuse and the cover up of the cover up playing out before our eye’s.

that regime needs toppled.

Bobafett Bear

So if Cairney’s last chance of appeal due on Dec14th that to my understanding is last legal process in place,so I imagine the 20 test cases talked about won’t go till after that.

So after Dec12th GE where will we stand?

@BSIII you made a good point earlier about questions being raised orally instead of being written and confronted head on at parliament and to stop it being looked over.

We NEED an MP to orally ask this question,but why is no one jumping on Swinney and toppling the hierarchy,the pack of rats need to start to fall one by one and Swinney should leading the line walking the plank.

Last edited:

ibroxcats

We’ve had no response from the SNP when challenging them with the “ongoing case” issue.
It looks to me that pestering politicians, although admirable, isn't going to work. They don't give a fxxx about anything but being elected and re-elected. So the only worthwhile target is the voters. From what I've seen and read, it's not going to improve any time soon.

jf1960

It looks to me that pestering politicians, although admirable, isn't going to work. They don't give a fxxx about anything but being elected and re-elected. So the only worthwhile target is the voters. From what I've seen and read, it's not going to improve any time soon.
Wait until they are named and shamed when the time is right see what excuse we get then

rangersforever73

So the SNP plan on using tax payers money to protect paedophiles and those that enabled and also covered up their crimes ? That is truly disgusting. Now not only do we not know if this widespread ring of child abusers is still operating but now the party in power want to effectively cover up and prevent any investigation into this ring and those involved with it...

Bazoo

So the SNP plan on using tax payers money to protect paedophiles and those that enabled and also covered up their crimes ? That is truly disgusting. Now not only do we not know if this widespread ring of child abusers is still operating but now the party in power want to effectively cover up and prevent any investigation into this ring and those involved with it...
Could this be argued that it is a state subsidy which maybe against footballing laws?

Brother Crockett

I don't follow the perception that the catholic vote wins the S.N.P. power, as far as i'm aware the catholic population is around 17% of the Scottish population, maybe expanded in recent years to 20% due to the influx of Poles, so I would think that there are too many Protestant's and Highlanders possibly who are giving them the power, we need to spread the word to our own kind to force change.
I take your point, however, remember how large a portion of that percentage votes, and how large a swing that was away from Labour.

anyway, that discussion is for another thread.

Slim Jim

Tonight a Scottish Government spokeswoman said: “We have made no judgments or conclusions as to how the redress scheme should be established or operate.

“We would encourage as many people as possible to respond to the consultation. Their views will help inform this hugely important work.”

alexg123

We’ve had no response from the SNP when challenging them with the “ongoing case” issue.
There was a very quick response to get Rangers dumped into the lower leagues though for a paltry bloody tax case . Funny how nobody from the dark side wants to move their arse into gear to upset celtc by booting them out of football permanently for their horrific cover ups of child abuse . You really have got to wonder what kind of sick twisted bastards are running the show in this shambles of a once proud Nation :mad: .

Last edited:

Blues and Royals

Tonight a Scottish Government spokeswoman said: “We have made no judgments or conclusions as to how the redress scheme should be established or operate.

“We would encourage as many people as possible to respond to the consultation. Their views will help inform this hugely important work.”
This all sounds very much like full on deflection and stalling tactics from the SNP government which suits Celtic just perfectly.

alexg123

This all sounds very much like full on deflection and stalling tactics from the SNP government which suits Celtic just perfectly.
The timing is very convenient for a certain Iri..oops ! Scottish football Club .

Blues and Royals

Don’t understand that claim, the longer they take to bring in legalisation the longer victims have to go to court. Also this scheme is not compulsory, you can pursue a claim through the courts.
It’s all about muddying the waters. Confuse the victims into which approach would likely prove most fruitful. But without any actual compensation course in action, this can yet drag on for years with a greater chance that the victims memory becomes more muddled, or dementia sets in, or even in some cases, death, as heartless as this sounds.
Celtic and the SNP are in cahoots here, and it seems they are intending to bunker down for the long game. The very long game.