Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

alexg123

According to "Inflation Tool” : £ 10,000 in 1970 would be equivalent to £132,847 in 2019 . Personally speaking I don’t think any lawyer worth his salt would be advising any victim to accept that paltry figure for what they have suffered . So looks like your on to plums Mr. Swinney with your bright suggestions , quite an insult to those who suffered at the hands of those despicable animals .

Ballymena Bear

According to "Inflation Tool” : £ 10,000 in 1970 would be equivalent to £132,847 in 2019 . Personally speaking I don’t think any lawyer worth his salt would be advising any victim to accept that paltry figure for what they have suffered . So looks like your on to plums Mr. Swinney with your bright suggestions , quite an insult to those who suffered at the hands of those despicable animals .
Am I right In saying comp for crimes like this are limited in Scotland to a very low amount?

coolatballet

If there is anyone on this forum who would even consider voting SNP then they can fuck right off !

I have been quiet for a while as I just cannot find another angle to pursue here.

A quick look at Scottish demographics shows that the rhabid SNP support should only be around 17%, yet they win most seats in Holyrood and at UK elections.

There are some seriously stupid people bolstering the Nats support. I personally cannot understand it, and it frustrates the hell out of me.

The problem with posting on here is that we are generally preaching to the converted.

I would propose that we redirect our energies towards screwing the republicanists at the next election.

I really think that, as far as the aims of this thread are concerned, not much will happen until compensation cases are heard or the documentaries are aired. I am in no way trying to undervalue the daily efforts of fellow bears, but I do feel that we can use our energies more effectively by utilising our new found skills at the forthcoming election in an endeavour to shape the political future of our country.

BlueNose94

If there is anyone on this forum who would even consider voting SNP then they can fuck right off !

I have been quiet for a while as I just cannot find another angle to pursue here.

A quick look at Scottish demographics shows that the rhabid SNP support should only be around 17%, yet they win most seats in Holyrood and at UK elections.

There are some seriously stupid people bolstering the Nats support. I personally cannot understand it, and it frustrates the hell out of me.

The problem with posting on here is that we are generally preaching to the converted.

I would propose that we redirect our energies towards screwing the republicanists at the next election.

I really think that, as far as the aims of this thread are concerned, not much will happen until compensation cases are heard or the documentaries are aired. I am in no way trying to undervalue the daily efforts of fellow bears, but I do feel that we can use our energies more effectively by utilising our new found skills at the forthcoming election in an endeavour to shape the political future of our country.
I can agree with some of what your saying but not all of it. Even though sometimes it may look that the thread is going round in circles, I can assure quite a lot does not go on the thread.
I completely agree with you that there are some amongst us that do vote for the SNP. I also agree they should hang their heads in shame.
Good to see you back btw.

Thasunke Witko

The only way to screw the republican vote as you say is to vote tactically in marginal constituencies, which mine is (450 votes in Inverclyde) and that would mean me voting Labour to oust the SNP which I really cant stomach so for me like others on here I am stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea, I will be sticking to my guns in the hope that the tory vote increases as I think the tories will be the only party to tackle this disgusting thing head on, hopefully these cases come to the fore sooner rather than later.

coolatballet

Bluenose94

I have nothing but admiration for you and our associates. I am not talking about an abandonment of current efforts. I am talking about using the next month to attempt to shape the result of the next election.

When you consider all that has been done to attempt to resolve the single issue of child abuse within CFC and CBC, you would agree that we have not won the battle. The most robust barrier to our success is the Republican Government of Scotland.

If we can short circuit the whole process by using our new found campaigning techniques towards obtaining the correct election result, then we have a win/win situation,

If we cannot destroy the Nats now, then I would seriously consider selling up and moving to Cumbria. I really do not think that I can face another re-run of the 2014 referendum.

I remain confident that justice for the boys will come but I think that we can accelerate the end point by refocusing our efforts for a month.

BlueNose94

You know me. I will stand with anyone that stands against the views of the SNP and also the Irish republican movement that has poisoned our shores. I have made no secret of that.

When it comes to the subject of this thread then it’s obvious the level of corruption in the SNP has stalled us on more than one occasion on our search for justice.

You also know that we are in a daily battle with certain party members, and my only concern would be deviating the thread away from what we are already doing in the background.

Admin have stepped in on more than one occasion to reiterate this. Believe me that is my only concern.

Cambuslang Bear

This thing about the Natzi's having the taxpayer paying compensation. I am pretty certain the UEFA/FIFA have a law in place that states that politics/politicians should never get involved in the sport. I am more than happy to be corrected. However if there is such a law in place, surely this breaks that law?

Last edited:

Ballymena Bear

Perverting the course of justice no less.
I’m actually glad they’re trying to do this scummy buy out. Means SNP are guilty covering Celtic pedo ring. Some people will take the money as they wouldn’t want to go public anyway so they can get some cash and people like the Gray family wouldn’t even take a million pounds to stay silent so it’ll never work

Rathcool Kai

Email to Adam Tomkins,Willie Rennie & Richard Leonard

To:adam.tomkins.msp@parliament.scot

6 Nov at 17:25

Dear Adam,
I emailed you on Monday 4th November 2019 , regarding the proposal by John Swinney suggesting that the Scottish taxpayer foots the compensation bill for victims who were sexually abused within Scottish football, religious and care organisations.

What is wrong with this country? For over 5 decades children have been sexually abused and the silence has been deafening.

Now when the Spotlight is on Celtic F.C. there is a clamour by the S.N.P. Government to pay for their crimes , WHY? Why should the taxpayer pay for the crimes of a corrupt organisation and then demand, that the victim sign’s a gagging order? What kind of society are we living in? Do you think this is acceptable?

Cash for silence, what are the S.N.P. trying to keep silent? Who are the S.N.P. protecting? What are the results of Peter Lawwells secret 2 year internal investigation? Why did the S.F.A. appoint Martin Henry to lead their inquiry into child sex abuse within Scottish Football with reference to the character of his former accomplices and employers?

These are all pertinent questions that need answered and are the reason we need a Fully Independent Inquiry into historic child sex abuse within Scottish football.
Why will none of you ask these questions? Who or what are you afraid of?

As opposition M.P.’s you have a unique chance especially with a forthcoming General Election, to expose Swinney and his party, to show them up for what they are, low life, immoral, unethical, uncaring, self centred scumbags, whose only interest is gaining Independence and ruining our country.

Do none of you have the balls to challenge Nicola and her cohorts? I’m getting angry now, the whole lot of you in Holyrood are a Disgrace to your profession and to the Electorate, not to mention an Absolute let down to the poor victims who have been silenced for 5 decades, victims of a reprehensible, unimaginable crime.

If you are all content to ignore and remain silent, then in my opinion you are ALL as complicit as the disgusting perpetrators and enablers, what was once a proud prosperous nation, is now a laughing stock and a haven for undesirables, criminals and sex offenders and people who want to complain and be offended at everything and anything, you are not slow in listening to the wrong ones.

Thanks to the S.N.P. the police and justice system are dysfunctional, public services , healthcare and welfare are a disgrace, thanks in part to You the Opposition, who won’t challenge or speak out against the corrupt S.N.P. Government, WHY?

As per normal I don’t expect the decency of a reply and if this is the case, I will compile my correspondence along with all the other emails that have been IGNORED to produce when the time comes to Show , Who Condoned and Who Condemned, I Know I would rather be in the latter.

Yours Sincerely
R.K.

jf1960

Dear Adam,
I emailed you on Monday 4th November 2019 , regarding the proposal by John Swinney suggesting that the Scottish taxpayer foots the compensation bill for victims who were sexually abused within Scottish football, religious and care organisations.

What is wrong with this country? For over 5 decades children have been sexually abused and the silence has been deafening.

Now when the Spotlight is on Celtic F.C. there is a clamour by the S.N.P. Government to pay for their crimes , WHY? Why should the taxpayer pay for the crimes of a corrupt organisation and then demand, that the victim sign’s a gagging order? What kind of society are we living in? Do you think this is acceptable?

Cash for silence, what are the S.N.P. trying to keep silent? Who are the S.N.P. protecting? What are the results of Peter Lawwells secret 2 year internal investigation? Why did the S.F.A. appoint Martin Henry to lead their inquiry into child sex abuse within Scottish Football with reference to the character of his former accomplices and employers?

These are all pertinent questions that need answered and are the reason we need a Fully Independent Inquiry into historic child sex abuse within Scottish football.

As opposition M.P.’s you have a unique chance especially with a forthcoming General Election, to expose Swinney and his party, to show them up for what they are, low life, immoral, unethical, uncaring, self centred scumbags, whose only interest is gaining Independence and ruining our country.

Do none of you have the balls to challenge Nicola and her cohorts? I’m getting angry now, the whole lot of you in Holyrood are a Disgrace to your profession and to the Electorate, not to mention an Absolute let down to the poor victims who have been silenced for 5 decades, victims of a reprehensible, unimaginable crime.

If you are all content to ignore and remain silent, then in my opinion you are ALL as complicit as the disgusting perpetrators and enablers, what was once a proud prosperous nation, is now a laughing stock and a haven for undesirables, criminals and sex offenders and people who want to complain and be offended at everything and anything, you are not slow in listening to the wrong ones.

Thanks to the S.N.P. the police and justice system are dysfunctional, public services , healthcare and welfare are a disgrace, thanks in part to You the Opposition, who won’t challenge or speak out against the corrupt S.N.P. Government, WHY?

As per normal I don’t expect the decency of a reply and if this is the case, I will compile my correspondence along with all the other emails that have been IGNORED to produce when the time comes to Show , Who Condoned and Who Condemned, I Know I would rather be in the latter.

Yours Sincerely
R.K.
Like it mate, wish i could write letters like that i would go after the lot of they bastards

Grigo Yossarian

Dear Adam,

Yours Sincerely
R.K.
Top man RK.

EH47

Just seen a big STV tea-time news item about a convicted child abuser who has been found to be running a kids go-karting operation. It seems they are now calling into question the whole of Scottish motor sport over the exposure of this one guy.
Much as it may be a sensible precaution to take, it's most peculiar then that the same STV (along with the rest of the mhedia) are strangely silent when a single high profile fitba club has no less than SIX convicted paedophiles associated with it over a period of half a century.

BlueNose94

Dear Adam,

Yours Sincerely
R.K.
Another fine piece of work from RK.

theateam

Dear Adam,

Yours Sincerely
R.K.
Boom!!!!! brilliant letter Bro.

denzie

A leaflet drop at a home game before the election tell everybody the plans for getting rid of these cvnts once and for all
I was thinking the exact same way. We have got to remember not every season ticket holder { especially older bears} are on this site and we really need to get it out to all just what is at stake here . Do we really want to become THE REPUBLIC OF SCOTLAND.???

Grigo Yossarian

I was thinking the exact same way. We have got to remember not every season ticket holder { especially older bears} are on this site and we really need to get it out to all just what is at stake here . Do we really want to become THE REPUBLIC OF SCOTLAND.???
Agree Denzie.

As BN94 has said for months if we don’t get the message widened & quickly this country could be gone.

The Highland Bear

Useless and heggerty are on question time tomorrow night. I hope they get hit with some good questions.
What an opportunity this could be for someone to finally ask these bias incompetent politicians the correct questions regarding this matter. They have been shamelessly ignoring it so far, it would be pretty hard to ignore when asked infront of an audience and tv cameras. How do they choose who gets to be in the crowd?

BlueNose94

An updated tactical voting guide. They’ve taken recent polls and the EU election into account and there seems to be a lot more blue on this one.

Let’s get it shared and get rid of these charlatans. It’s the first step to getting an inquiry.
Please remember our aim is to get the inquiry into that rancid club and the apologists that support them. For this to happen we need to rid this country of the nationalists/republicans from office that stand in the way of justice.

coolatballet

If any bears are interested in this idea, funding wise, distributing leaflets, creative skills, or whatever, please PM me ?
A few of us have already committed to helping with funds. Not a great deal of money required so anyone who can spare a few quid please contact Grigo. It might just help save us all from the relentless, tedious and downright dangerous Indy campaign.

A1bertz

Said it before and will say it again...
This will run deeper than just Celtic.
Police, Judges, Celibrities, Politicians will all be part of this perverted smorgasbord. Sure there might be one last TV hoorah but then that will be it. There won't be an iota of meaningful investigation nor punishment here.