Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

No worries, Grigo. Unsuccessful claimants traditionally face financial sanction, ie paying their own costs plus those of the successful defender. That deters access to justice.
QOCS will vitiate paying defenders costs, except where fraud is proved. These claims aren't fraudulent. Paddy McGuire reportedly has quite a number of claimants signed up.

Magic. Thanks very much Brant.

As DD says.
It's a case of chipping away.
I fully believe in time that the perpetrators will be entirely exposed.
The cover up will be exposed.
The media will have nowhere to hide and will turn full circle.
The politicians will do likewise.
Thanks to the people who strive for deserved justice.
The people who remain working in the background to join the dots, to piece the jigsaw together.
For those people. I salute you.

Just for a bit of context and a reality check for everyone on this thread, I have just had the most harrowing 36 hours with my partner of 24 years. Over the years she has divulged certain things that have went on in her family since the 80'S. Our authorities have been contacted about the matters previously but it seems that it's not high on the agenda for investigation.
After the last few hours of venting she has shared things with me that left me questioning the humanity of the religion that is absolved of all sin with a simple penance. My partner has went to her bed after demanding that no retribution will be met despite sharing names dates times etc. as to do so will "wreck the family"

My point is the whole family must be told who when and where these crimes occurred to move forward, i have been sworn to secrecy as all the major players are elderly and no one else in the family wont want to go through the "upheaval" of being interviewed again.

Many of the people on this thread will know I have been quiet of late regarding the major focus of everyone's attention on this subject, I have needed to direct all my energy and care on someone who I sleep beside who has been trying to hold her family together despite the constant denial that anything untoward has went on. However, it should be a timely reminder that this is going on under everyone's watch regardless of what you may think this is not confined to football clubs.

At the time of typing I am still trying to get my head around what was shared and unsure if the authorities will ever get around to fully investigating the incidents. The fall out now makes some sense as to certain peoples personalities and mannerisms, but the devastation I am now witnessing to an extended family is beyond comprehension.

I share this in the hope that everyone will keep in mind the extent that abuse affects families more than the initial crimes committed in the past, it has taken over 20 years for my partner to divulge to me everything that she wouldn't to psychologists and therapists.

There is no right or wrong way to share, it's just when the time is right, I'm glad it was tonight but i would wait another 20 years plus if i had to.
Thankyou for the post. Thats why I've posted on here that we have to be sensitive in what we post on here. It's easy on the outside looking in and saying people should do this and that. It's not that simple, in fact your post has made me realise its worse than I imagined.

I wish you well sir, i really do.

Child abuse is on a scale that will never be known because of the unjustified shame involved by the poor victim which means it will 9 times out of 10 be kept secret. I watched the Tony Slatery documentary on BBC iplayer last night and when he said he was brought up Catholic and had a life changing trauma I just knew it would be child abuse and yes the poor guy was raped by his priest aged 8 and he's only just now talking about it over 40 years later!!! How the hell are these scum getting sentences of 1,2,3 years :-( feckin sick of it, just breaks my heart.

As DD says.
It's a case of chipping away.
I fully believe in time that the perpetrators will be entirely exposed.
The cover up will be exposed.
The media will have nowhere to hide and will turn full circle.
The politicians will do likewise.
Thanks to the people who strive for deserved justice.
The people who remain working in the background to join the dots, to piece the jigsaw together.
For those people. I salute you.

After 50 odd years it's hard to see how when you look at who's running the country. There's no appetite to upset their core voters.

After 50 odd years it's hard to see how when you look at who's running the country. There's no appetite to upset their core voters.

There’s no doubt your point is a good one DT.

That was why one of our group suggested the Anti SNP Tactical Voting at that last election.

I’d be lying if I said we got the result we wanted, but we did try. It’s fair to say another 20+ bears on here supported us with some of the money as well as dishing out the leaflets.

Despite the election result I was really proud of bears getting active in trying to change things for the better, including for these victims.

I’ve been looking at a few posts earlier and I think this is what needs to be realised. There are people who come on here (including victims) that have been affected by this issue. I also know for a fact that this thread has given individuals the courage to come forward.

I can assure you also that there are individuals in the background that have been affected by the subject of this thread.

We have fought hard on this. More will come out in the coming months that some thought were hidden forever.

I’ve been looking at a few posts earlier and I think this is what needs to be realised. There are people who come on here (including victims) that have been affected by this issue. I also know for a fact that this thread has given individuals the courage to come forward.

I can assure you also that there are individuals in the background that have been affected by the subject of this thread.

We have fought hard on this. More will come out in the coming months that some thought were hidden forever.
Hear hear sir

There was a few pages on here about how alex thomson would bend over and all the other nonsence, for his provo pals.

This was proved to be untrue and plenty were left with egg on their faces and others who haven't been seen since, who probably dont belong on here.

This is going to take time, jesus christ it takes long enough to go to court on a breach of the peace charge.

When I first looked on this thread, I thought the guys were on a hiding to nothing, but i have to admit they're further forward than I ever thought.

Patience is the best weapon here gents, the lies cant be dismantled quickly.

There was a few pages on here about how alex thomson would bend over and all the other nonsence, for his provo pals.

This was proved to be untrue and plenty were left with egg on their faces and others who haven't been seen since, who probably dont belong on here.

This is going to take time, jesus christ it takes long enough to go to court on a breach of the peace charge.

When I first looked on this thread, I thought the guys were on a hiding to nothing, but i have to admit they're further forward than I ever thought.

Every day's a school day

I think the problem lie in that some on here wanted this to be the thing that led to celic being stopped in the current control of the Scottish league an wanted it to happen sooner rather than later as it might also lead to Rangers winning the league. The truth is that if Rangers don't get it right themselves waiting on this as the start point means they could be at 13 or 14 before anything happens, I wouldn't hold my breath on anything happening here before 2023.

I think the problem lie in that some on here wanted this to be the thing that led to celic being stopped in the current control of the Scottish league an wanted it to happen sooner rather than later as it might also lead to Rangers winning the league. The truth is that if Rangers don't get it right themselves waiting on this as the start point means they could be at 13 or 14 before anything happens, I wouldn't hold my breath on anything happening here before 2023.
If anyones on here thinking of the benefits to rangers, then it's not for them. Victims first and always.

The majority on here want justice for the victims. It is about them. They have been ignored by those in government, and have faced further abuse on social media. This is a deep societal problem, embedded in the country. It is in the interest of us all, as citizens, to make sure that those who committed the crimes and those who covered it up are brought to justice. Whatever the victims feel is justice, is for them to decide,individually.

Furthermore, we are responsible for the safety and welfare of future generations of kids and it is important that a situation like this is never allowed to happen again.

Strange post.

Start from page one and come back here when you're finished.

So basically what you’re saying is we’re doing this for point scoring? Why 2023?

I think your seriously missing the point here
This has got nothing to do with titles or which team is performing better from season to season
Its got everything to do with what is likely the biggest child abuse cover up in the history of world sport
Any mentally challengeds skulking on here need to wake up realise how big a shitstorm this really is and don't bother trying to throw Neely and Dunn back as a response
The amount of victims will likely be in the 100s and the beasts will be far more than has been prosecuted to date - far far more
The separate entity suggestion is well and truly out the window and its not a matter of who knew but who didn't know now

Celtic FC wont do anything and are disgustingly trying to avoid any responsibility and the Scottish government wont do f@ck all as they put votes before justice

I will scream from the rooftops about this issue and although I'm not trying to "point score" as the mentally challengeds may say - I could give a f*ck if they do say it as your motive shouldn't matter in this case as its far far far worse to keep quiet - That's what's happened for over 50 years and has resulted in hundreds of lives being ruined

What's happening in 2023 ? or Why 2023 ?

I think your seriously missing the point here
This has got nothing to do with titles or which team is performing better from season to season
Its got everything to do with what is likely the biggest child abuse cover up in the history of world sport
Any mentally challengeds skulking on here need to wake up realise how big a shitstorm this really is and don't bother trying to throw Neely and Dunn back as a response
The amount of victims will likely be in the 100s and the beasts will be far more than has been prosecuted to date - far far more
The separate entity suggestion is well and truly out the window and its not a matter of who knew but who didn't know now

Celtic FC wont do anything and are disgustingly trying to avoid any responsibility and the Scottish government wont do f@ck all as they put votes before justice

I will scream from the rooftops about this issue and although I'm not trying to "point score" as the mentally challengeds may say - I could give a f*ck if they do say it as your motive shouldn't matter in this case as its far far far worse to keep quiet - That's what's happened for over 50 years and has resulted in hundreds of lives being ruined
Well said Coop! In the bigger picture, this actually has very little to do with football. It’s the vehicle these beasts used to take advantage of children’s hopes and dreams to sexually abuse them.

Some of what we’ve discovered it’s truly shocking and it goes much further than any of us could have imagined.

Well said Coop! In the bigger picture, this actually has very little to do with football. It’s the vehicle these beasts used to take advantage of children’s hopes and dreams to sexually abuse them.

Some of what we’ve discovered it’s truly shocking and it goes much further than any of us could have imagined.
I would ask people to read this last sentence above. This is the truth.

Justice for the victims is the only reason people should be posting on here. When I was younger I knew a bit about what was going on and always sang the songs - big jock knew etc. However after reading through this thread in detail and reading some of the accounts being told by the likes of Gordon Woods and the Grays, when I click on this topic to read and post i do so not as a rangers fan but as a parent.

What ?

People just want justice in life, and in this case that means abused people & their families
getting a clear apology, compensation, and most importantly closure.

You should maybe read the thread rather than jumping in with this BS, because it does NOT
represent that vast majority of fans on FF.

Personally, I WOULD also like to see justice for the perpetrators & enablers as a second goal.

To me, for #thepaedoclub that would SIMPLY be the world knowing what that club did, and
what they are really like. Titles are an irrelevance to me in this context.

Last edited:
What ?

People just want justice in life, and in this case that means abused people & their families

You should maybe read the thread rather than jumping in with this BS, because it does NOT

Personally, I WOULD also like to see justice for the perpetrators & enablers as a second goal.

To me, for #thepaedoclub that would SIMPLY be the world knowing what that club did, and
what they are really like. Titles are an irrelevance to me.

Well said Grigo.

are you for real mate?

the title of this thread should give you a wee clue,as to whether this is about point scoring or not ,about whether we win the league or not....this thread has nothing to do whatsoever with stopping the scum in their corrupt campaigns for trophies,aided and abetted by others and EVERYTHING TO DO WITH STOPPING THE SCUM COVERING UP THEIR HISTORICAL CHILD SEX ABUSE CRIMES AND THEIR CONSTANT DENIAL OF JUSTICE FOR ALL THEIR VICTIMS.
we will pursue them down all roads till we get the victims justice for the crimes committed against them and if that means them being stripped of titles,closed down,wiped out,then so be it...IT STILL WOULDN'T BE ENOUGH.
perhaps 2023 will be a prophetic year ,who knows,but the year is coming,when this club is going to be exposed for all the world to see...fucking war criminals committed less crimes than this lot.

The fact Celtic as a club have been very liberal with the truth is an understatement, many in charge throughout the last five decades have lied,ignored and refused to address the abuse problem which has been repeated time and again within the club.They have chosen to attempt to protect their club name above many victims distress. Abhorrent behaviour which is being aided by Football authorities and government officials who persistently refuse to take action to deal with the crisis.

Just for a bit of context and a reality check for everyone on this thread, I have just had the most harrowing 36 hours with my partner of 24 years. Over the years she has divulged certain things that have went on in her family since the 80'S. Our authorities have been contacted about the matters previously but it seems that it's not high on the agenda for investigation.
After the last few hours of venting she has shared things with me that left me questioning the humanity of the religion that is absolved of all sin with a simple penance. My partner has went to her bed after demanding that no retribution will be met despite sharing names dates times etc. as to do so will "wreck the family"

My point is the whole family must be told who when and where these crimes occurred to move forward, i have been sworn to secrecy as all the major players are elderly and no one else in the family wont want to go through the "upheaval" of being interviewed again.

Many of the people on this thread will know I have been quiet of late regarding the major focus of everyone's attention on this subject, I have needed to direct all my energy and care on someone who I sleep beside who has been trying to hold her family together despite the constant denial that anything untoward has went on. However, it should be a timely reminder that this is going on under everyone's watch regardless of what you may think this is not confined to football clubs.

At the time of typing I am still trying to get my head around what was shared and unsure if the authorities will ever get around to fully investigating the incidents. The fall out now makes some sense as to certain peoples personalities and mannerisms, but the devastation I am now witnessing to an extended family is beyond comprehension.

I share this in the hope that everyone will keep in mind the extent that abuse affects families more than the initial crimes committed in the past, it has taken over 20 years for my partner to divulge to me everything that she wouldn't to psychologists and therapists.

There is no right or wrong way to share, it's just when the time is right, I'm glad it was tonight but i would wait another 20 years plus if i had to.
thanks for sharing what is obviously a very painful and personal tragedy. I can't even begin to imagine the numbers of families this has touched; I've had past girlfriends that were abused as well as within own family.

My heart goes out to yourself and your wife. At the very least she has you to help her cope now.

sorry for my ignorance mate but what is the story behind this was there someone caught with photos in a locker?
John Cullen (Official Photographer with the Celtic FC magazine - The Celtic View)
Cullen was convicted in May 2004 of indecency against boys aged as young as 10 years old. Over 250 pictures of young boys in various states of undress, were hidden in a storeroom at Celtic Park for nearly 20 years.

During the trial, he admitted to inviting the children to a house in Glasgow between January and December 1982 before getting them to pose for the camera. He received no jail time, but was given three years probation.

John Cullen (Official Photographer with the Celtic FC magazine - The Celtic View)
Cullen was convicted in May 2004 of indecency against boys aged as young as 10 years old. Over 250 pictures of young boys in various states of undress, were hidden in a storeroom at Celtic Park for nearly 20 years.

During the trial, he admitted to inviting the children to a house in Glasgow between January and December 1982 before getting them to pose for the camera. He received no jail time, but was given three years probation.
The whole team involved with the View would of been vary aware of what was going on here and the aftermath .
Not one of them has came forward with information .Complicit to say the least .

You have completely lost the plot.
There are posters on here who have been affected by abuse directly or indirectly.
There are posters like myself who's loved ones have been affected by abuse .
Lastly there are posters on here .Who like any decent person finds the whole CFC abuse scandal .
What makes it even more of a scandal us the cover up that continues to this day .
It is not just a denial .There has been intimidation .Threats of violence .Aggressive use of lawyers.This is all part of the cover up tactics .

This abuse was still ongoing as showed by recent convictions from a few year ago from the SYFA .
I watched people involved in our game trying to destroy a mans life .All because He pointed the finger and asked questions at youth level .

We must eradicate these beasts from OUR game and society in general .
Anyone who can not see that in my mind is a facilitator .

No muddy waters here there has been a paedophile ring operating out of the East end . The dogs in the street know it .

Yes mate, Cullen the Celtic photographer. More than 200 pictures of young boys in a
locker at the Chamber of Secrets found in a cupboard by a cleaner.

EDIT - Sorry, just noticed BN94 posted to you ;)
A Paedophile who felt so secure at Celtic, he kept his vile work in his locker at his workplace, Celtic Park. That's a shocking indictment on the depravity that goes on there.

Does anyone know if, as we would expect; these photographs have been destroyed or by some miracle still be intact and the property of Police Scotland. I don't believe for one minute that out of nigh on 250 boys not one of them was identifiable. Questions have to be asked in high places about the investigation and subsequent sentencing.

If there's found to be a connection with eg Barry Bennel and cross border porno picture swaps, would it be possible to have Scotland Yard investigate?

What ?

what they are really like. Titles are an irrelevance to me in this context.
Well said mate.
Through justice for all the victims, the spotlight on their club and their vile coverup shall hang over them forever.
Football and titles are immaterial and of no consequence to bears only justice for all victims of such heinous crimes.
Well done to all the bears working tirelessly to uncover this monumental scandal,that shames Scottish life and football.

Well said mate.
Through justice for all the victims, the spotlight on their club and their vile coverup shall hang over them forever.
Football and titles are immaterial and of no consequence to bears only justice for all victims of such heinous crimes.
Well done to all the bears working tirelessly to uncover this monumental scandal,that shames Scottish life and football.

Thanks BPF. Appreciated mate.

thanks for that. unbelievable man. how hes not served jail time is beyond belief

Back