Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Separate thread on Strachan. Harrowing to say the least.

I remember now Sancus , that rat deserves to be castrated ! :mad:

Hibs owner Kenny Waugh knew Neely was abusing boys there but rather than report to police he kicked him out.
Neely should never have been allowed to join Rangers. Neely was reported for inappropriate behaviour by a police officer father of a boy whilst at Rangers.
Rangers removed him and reported him to police.
Neely never worked in football again. That is the difference.
All the Celtic bloggers and their news outlets are trying their hardest to push this. I know for a fact even recently they have tried to make contact with certain victims to get a quote. Their aim is
“It wisnae just us”
Recently we seen the Celtic Star attempt to take the moral high ground by speaking to a victim. This is the first time they have tried this. This is because they know what’s coming. They will try anything to bring us into it. Even certain SNP politicians have tried this also.
Remember this. For over 40 years if not longer there has been a ring operating at that club. Even sharing boys with beasts down south. It will all come out. We have the right people in place to take this on. We have the right journalists taking this on. Some of these journalists haven’t gone public yet, but believe me there are big hitters amongst them.
Serious interest has now come from outside the UK also.
We’ve also shown snippets that blows the separate entity issue out the water on this thread. Believe me there’s more. Recently members have also seen the Edinburgh issue mentioned. Believe me this goes deep and is just the start.

All the Celtic bloggers and their news outlets are trying their hardest to push this. I know for a fact even recently they have tried to make contact with certain victims to get a quote. Their aim is
“It wisnae just us”
Recently we seen the Celtic Star attempt to take the moral high ground by speaking to a victim. This is the first time they have tried this. This is because they know what’s coming. They will try anything to bring us into it. Even certain SNP politicians have tried this also.
Remember this. For over 40 years if not longer there has been a ring operating at that club. Even sharing boys with beasts down south. It will all come out. We have the right people in place to take this on. We have the right journalists taking this on. Some of these journalists haven’t gone public yet, but believe me there are big hitters amongst them.
We’ve also shown snippets that blows the separate entity issue out the water on this thread. Believe me there’s more. Recently members have also seen the Edinburgh issue mentioned. Believe me this goes deep and is just the start.

Celtic have ridden this storm so far. There is lots of information already out there but the deny and deflect tactic has served them well so far. I remember reading on FF about the Thomson documentary on the train from Braga to Porto and thinking that was it nailed but even that didn't get the widespread publicity it deserved.

It's very reassuring to hear that there are some big hitting journalists prepared to go with this story and the fact that some of them haven't yet went public is even more reassuring. I'm sure there are many on here who are asking just why so many journalists have chosen to ignore the horrors that have went on at CBC/CFC. If they are holding their fire for an opportune moment then that makes it a little easier to understand. As the old song goes "Why are they waiting?"

Celtic have ridden this storm so far. There is lots of information already out there but the deny and deflect tactic has served them well so far. I remember reading on FF about the Thomson documentary on the train from Braga to Porto and thinking that was it nailed but even that didn't get the widespread publicity it deserved.

It's very reassuring to hear that there are some big hitting journalists prepared to go with this story and the fact that some of them haven't yet went public is even more reassuring. I'm sure there are many on here who are asking just why so many journalists have chosen to ignore the horrors that have went on at CBC/CFC. If they are holding their fire for an opportune moment then that makes it a little easier to understand. As the old song goes "Why are they waiting?"
Alex Thomson is nowhere near finished. Have you ever known him to do half a job?
Once the SFA review is published (that they keep putting off) then it’s game on if you like.
There will also be movement reference the courts very soon.

Alex Thomson is nowhere near finished. Have you ever known him to do half a job?
Once the SFA review is published (that they keep putting off) then it’s game on if you like.
There will also be movement reference the courts very soon.

That sounds promising indeed, BN94.

I feel the SFA review will not be worth the paper it's printed on and that they know this. Hence the delaying tactics. I also feel that this is a crucial question that should be being asked by journalists.

That sounds promising indeed, BN94.

I feel the SFA review will not be worth the paper it's printed on and that they know this. Hence the delaying tactics. I also feel that this is a crucial question that should be being asked by journalists.
We also believe it will be a whitewash. If you remember in the Thompson pieces Henry stated something along the lines of “well Celtic have took action to eradicate this”. No they haven’t. They have been found out then used their friends in high places in an attempt to make them look good. One example being having an NSPCC seminar at parkhead? Are you telling me that that’s an appropriate place to hold such a thing? Does parkhead suddenly have better facilities than the SSEC? I don’t think so.
When they decide to print this review ( hopefully in our lifetime ) then I believe there will be journalists ready to pounce on it and rip it apart.

Last edited:
“It wisnae just us”

The exposure from outside the UK is fantastic news for those affected and fighting for justice. That club will no longer be able to contain and control the narrative.

To the lurkers;

JUDGEMENT DAY IS COMING.

Given the SFA review is coming soon, national documentaries, journos with like Alex Thomson and Marc Horne chasing them up, not to mention the victims, families and supporters fighting on for justice, then a storm is brewing for Celtic. Even if Lawwell manages to lean on Martin Hendry to water down the SFA review, it will surely still be enough to highlight their role and negligence in this, even if Lawwell tries to push responsibility onto the SFA.

Therefore Celtic only have 2 options in all of this:-

a) they go to court and fight against every individual case, in a lengthy, time consuming, expensive process that would surely do them even more harm from a PR perspective.

b) they apologise and offer compensation to the victims.

Any rational and moral guidance would point them towards the latter. We shall see.

It is very suspicious that this plant Martin Henry has suddenly gone off sick and cannot be contacted

If he’s incapacitated then he should resign or get the deputy chair of the SFA review team into CSA to step up

Does anyone know the deputy chair is?

There has to be someone who can get this review published

It’s clear the mentally challengeds are trying to delay or remove any evidence of abuse within the review regarding their involvement but after all the convictions we know what the bastards have done and also the cover ups that they have went to try and hide their crimes

The RC church is far too close to Nonce FC and we know they are riddled with paedos and have used every dirty trick to abuse kids and protect the predators for far too long

Marc Horne and Magnus Llewellin at The Times have been the most supportive of the victims and are not prepared to let this scandal go

It’s a disgrace the way the Scot Govt has acted. They are complicit and up to their necks in the cover ups and protection of Nonce FC

It’s a only football club but covering up abuse of kids ffs that is not acceptable in modern society

The sooner these journalists who have further evidence and the 3 part documentary is aired the better

This scandal has to be fully investigated independently and the guilty people outed

Also where has Adam Tomkins gone?

He’s went very quiet on the subject

Given the SFA review is coming soon, national documentaries, journos with like Alex Thomson and Marc Horne chasing them up, not to mention the victims, families and supporters fighting on for justice, then a storm is brewing for Celtic. Even if Lawwell manages to lean on Martin Hendry to water down the SFA review, it will surely still be enough to highlight their role and negligence in this, even if Lawwell tries to push responsibility onto the SFA.

a) they go to court and fight against every individual case, in a lengthy, time consuming, expensive process that would surely do them even more harm from a PR perspective.

Any rational and moral guidance would point them towards the latter. We shall see.
Does their " Separate Entity " bullshit not rule out Plan B , my own opinion they will stick with that and their now weekly " No Comment" hoping it goes away. Well it won't because there are people involved that won't allow that to happen as BN94 says above it's only the start and for any lhurkers it's gonna get a lot worse a lot lot worse

“It wisnae just us”
Every one of the people involved in researching and exposing the vile and depraved behavior carried out in the last 40 - 50 years deserve ALL the credit in the world ; It is absolutely sickening to read , and hard to comprehend that people act like this - to gain pleasure ....? Warped .
It is also being done for the right reasons - so that victims get justice ; NOT for point scoring or us / them , but so as people ( and families ) can move on with their lives .
There is right and wrong in life . The people exposing the facts are doing Right , and By F-ck , what happened at / through cfc was WRONG .
The truth deserves to , and must , be revealed .

This is why the members of the board who are still alive should be interviewed under oath before they pass or can claim they have dementia.

I have mentioned here before that in one of his books or in an interview Archie Macpherson vehemently asserted that BJ did not know. Anyone believing that as gospel is denying the vice-like grip he wielded over every aspect of the running of that club ( apart from the gate receipts). Sean Fallon as his number two would have known what was going on around the club too.
That's because Archie was Jock's pal. Well, I say pal, more of a gopher. When Scotland would play abroad and most likely Celtc, Archie would be the one to take a lemon curd up to a certain room with a certain jock in it.

“It wisnae just us”
Whataboutery?
Incredible how this “word” is often used against Rangers and our support in other debates.

is it possible the "Trophy Centre" itself was also a front to launder cash made from "other" means?

has anyone undertaken a forensic examination of torbett's finances

seems he became a millionaire by selling tacky shit
Yes we have. Here’s a snippet when Andrew visited his MSP.
Note that the SFA only funded 3 sessions of counselling. What use is that to a victim of child abuse?

“It wisnae just us”
Let's hope they get the justice they so much deserve and I hope that place gets flattened to the ground as it must be a constant reminder of nightmares to every victim who has to walk or drive past the Hell hole of shame . Kudos to all you guys and gals on the front line for keeping the pressure on those monkeys who choose to see or hear no evil and are struck dumb when asked to speak about evil goings on at that filthy club . Well Done Guys !!! Keep up the good work ! :))

This is from The Celtic Wiki and refers to Kevin Kelly and how Hugh Birt tried to warn him of Torbett. Not conclusive proof but another indication of the chatter that was going around about ‘who knew’.

Sadly, his judgement was further tainted years later when revelations were revealed that he had entered business relations with Jim Torbett who later was found guilty of child abuse against young boys in the Celtic Boys Club. This does not mean that Kevin Kelly was aware in whole or in part of any of the wrong doings. Jim Torbett had once been released from Celtic Boys Club but later returned a number of years later. Kevin Kelly & Jim Torbett were both involved in the Trophy Centre shops in Glasgow.

The question is what did Kevin Kelly know or not on the events surrounding Jim Torbett? Was he able to help those affected, or did the poor management at Celtic provide the environment to allow Jim Torbett to proceed with his actions? One statement in court (by Hugh Birtt) claimed that he had tried to inform Kevin Kelly (and other board members) of concerns over Jim Torbett and that Kevin Kelly will have (allegedly) known about the concerns on Jim Torbett. Kevin Kelly strongly denied being aware of allegations concerning Torbett when he returned to the Boys Club, and told the BBC that he was not aware of any previous allegations against Torbett until his court case in the 1990s.

In fairness, Jim Torbett and his ilk have a knack to pull the wool over the eyes of everyone and that is what happened at Celtic, as the victims were too young to come forward (it takes a lot of bravery & understanding) and it was a different time. These cases have occurred across a number of football clubs in the UK (including Hibs & Rangers).

It may not be fair to taint Kevin Kelly with what occurred, but on top of all his mishandling whilst at Celtic, this in addition to all else sadly doesn't help his case. Kevin Kelly is a good decent man from all the reports we have on him from people, and from the information we have to date, we do not believe he would have been party to anything that occurred but answers must be given where possible for the benefit of the victims and their families.

This is from The Celtic Wiki and refers to Kevin Kelly and how Hugh Birt tried to warn him of Torbett. Not conclusive proof but another indication of the chatter that was going around about ‘who knew’.

Sadly, his judgement was further tainted years later when revelations were revealed that he had entered business relations with Jim Torbett who later was found guilty of child abuse against young boys in the Celtic Boys Club. This does not mean that Kevin Kelly was aware in whole or in part of any of the wrong doings. Jim Torbett had once been released from Celtic Boys Club but later returned a number of years later. Kevin Kelly & Jim Torbett were both involved in the Trophy Centre shops in Glasgow.

The question is what did Kevin Kelly know or not on the events surrounding Jim Torbett? Was he able to help those affected, or did the poor management at Celtic provide the environment to allow Jim Torbett to proceed with his actions? One statement in court (by Hugh Birtt) claimed that he had tried to inform Kevin Kelly (and other board members) of concerns over Jim Torbett and that Kevin Kelly will have (allegedly) known about the concerns on Jim Torbett. Kevin Kelly strongly denied being aware of allegations concerning Torbett when he returned to the Boys Club, and told the BBC that he was not aware of any previous allegations against Torbett until his court case in the 1990s.

In fairness, Jim Torbett and his ilk have a knack to pull the wool over the eyes of everyone and that is what happened at Celtic, as the victims were too young to come forward (it takes a lot of bravery & understanding) and it was a different time. These cases have occurred across a number of football clubs in the UK (including Hibs & Rangers).

It may not be fair to taint Kevin Kelly with what occurred, but on top of all his mishandling whilst at Celtic, this in addition to all else sadly doesn't help his case. Kevin Kelly is a good decent man from all the reports we have on him from people, and from the information we have to date, we do not believe he would have been party to anything that occurred but answers must be given where possible for the benefit of the victims and their families.

It is utterly inconceivable that Kevin Kelly was not aware of what was going on.
In fact, considering he was involved with Torbett at The Knew Camp AND at the Trophy Centre, does anyone actually doubt he was a significant part of the ring?
Who, after all, was it who informed his cousin Michael Kelly that Torbett wanted to save celtc in 1994 using his millions? Or did Torbett merely select him as his conduit by sticking a pin in the phone book?

Not sure if Helene Gray is on FF but i feel so sorry for her. I follow her on Twitter and it must be soo frustrating that she's been trying to get justice for her boy and others to keep being ignored by these animals. I really hope she gets justice and along with all the other for everything they have been put through by these BEASTS!

Not sure if Helene Gray is on FF but i feel so sorry for her. I follow her on Twitter and it must be soo frustrating that she's been trying to get justice for her boy and others to keep being ignored by these animals. I really hope she gets justice and along with all the other for everything they have been put through by these BEASTS!
Surly with all their stalling/deflect tactics this must make it even worse for the scum employing these methods be it individuals or the club as as a whole.

This is why the members of the board who are still alive should be interviewed under oath before they pass or can claim they have dementia.

I have mentioned here before that in one of his books or in an interview Archie Macpherson vehemently asserted that BJ did not know. Anyone believing that as gospel is denying the vice-like grip he wielded over every aspect of the running of that club ( apart from the gate receipts). Sean Fallon as his number two would have known what was going on around the club too.
Oath more like lie detectors I've no doubt in my mind they wouldn't have a problem lying under oath it's a practice they are well versed in.

“It wisnae just us”
Absolutely outstanding work. Well done to yourself and the others involved. The victims will owe you all a great debt when this all transpires as your work can only help their cases.

Glad to hear there is substantial evidence still to be highlighted and that we have folk in the relevant positions that are going to do their bit.

Thomson will possibly be waiting on the publication to rip it to shreds.

And possibly (guaranteed!) the SFA and the scum know it's coming. When they arranged this sham of a review, they couldn't have foreseen the incredible efforts and vigour put in by a number of people - including those on here - to expose the filth.

They'll have shat it this last couple of months based on Thomson's report, Marc Horne's recent articles and the commentary and evidence being drip fed by regulars on this thread. Expect Henry on long term sick while the review is rewritten, giving our gutless politicians more time to hide behind the 'we must wait for the outcome of the review' BS.

Ah
Fucking heard it,the Kelly bastard is just as fucking guilty as the rest of them somebody gies you the heads up on a beast you don't just blank it.
Ah! the old " I can't remember " excuse man , I bet he remembers his bank code and how to get home and where he goes on holidays and probably remembers his NI code number , but doesn't remember what he would rather forget conveniently . Tic Toc schumbag !

Why do you think tbe papists have made it their lives' work to continually play the vicTIM while pointing at everyone else and shouting 'bigot' or the new one 'anti-Irish racist?
Useful idiots in society fall for it every time as they are terrified of the inevitable onslaught against them if they were ever to actually question them.
It bloody annoys me that we have to pay towards their so called " everybody is welcome" separate RC schools as State school education does not suit their "we hate Proddies agendas " .

b) Would have saved them all this time and money ( paying for "good publicity ") and employing legal services etc., if they only had had the decency to admit the truth then apologise personally to each and every victim and offer some sort of remuneration for what they suffered at the hands of the coaches whom CFC employed then this would all have been history by now . They chose to ignore it all and make the victims look like liars and so they must now pay the piper and Hell mend them , they brought it on themselves . Hope they burn the place down , statues as well ! A disgrace to Scottish Football and Scotland .

Does anyone know how long Hendry has been off sick, or how long he is expected to be off sick? As far as I was aware the long overdue report was due this year. Is this another attempt to kick the can down the road? What if he pulls the old stunt of going sick for a year then getting bumped? Surely they would not try and then bump the report that he has ‘nearly’ completed? You would not put anything past these people.

b) Would have saved them all this time and money ( paying for "good publicity ") and employing legal services etc., if they only had had the decency to admit the truth then apologise personally to each and every victim and offer some sort of remuneration for what they suffered at the hands of the coaches whom CFC employed then this would all have been history by now . They chose to ignore it all and make the victims look like liars and so they must now pay the piper and Hell mend them , they brought it on themselves . Hope they burn the place down , statues as well ! A disgrace to Scottish Football and Scotland .
From what I’m reading, they couldn’t do this as they’re part of it.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when is this review actually expected? I think I've lost track with all the stalling and since it seems to be a main get out clause for so many, I'd like to see when it's finally no longer an excuse.
I'll expect that when we get the results of the ernie Walker think tank
Quite incredible what the powers that be get away with in this backward little country

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but when is this review actually expected? I think I've lost track with all the stalling and since it seems to be a main get out clause for so many, I'd like to see when it's finally no longer an excuse.
Exactly. Time is important here as these older Ceptic directors need to be questioned by police before they become forgetful.

I think this whole report they are all hiding behind is a sham. Hendry off sick is just the latest delaying tactic. I'm not actually expecting anything other than a cover up for their beloved club.
But, I do think that with the people I see fighting tooth and nail for an independent inquiry, we will eventually nail each and everyone of the criminals at the savilledome, those in power and their appeasers in the media. After this all comes out, I hope the Scottish Gov. say the whole place should be torn down and the scum forever remembered for their peadophile ring.

Let them print their review. Watch the SNP back it up no matter what’s in it. Watch Humza speak about it for the first time praising the panel. Then watch us rip it apart with the information we have.

When the long overdue whitewash - sorry review - is published, as well as highlighting the inaction of the Scottish Government, local politicians or MSPs, the MSM, SFA & SPFL, I’d like to think the counter-evidence produced by you guys would question why an inquiry led by so called professionals doesn’t uncover anywhere near the volume or depth of evidence that a group of caring citizens can?

We all know why, but I’d like them to be tackled directly on it.

Every one of the people involved in researching and exposing the vile and depraved behavior carried out in the last 40 - 50 years deserve ALL the credit in the world ; It is absolutely sickening to read , and hard to comprehend that people act like this - to gain pleasure ....? Warped .
It is also being done for the right reasons - so that victims get justice ; NOT for point scoring or us / them , but so as people ( and families ) can move on with their lives .
There is right and wrong in life . The people exposing the facts are doing Right , and By F-ck , what happened at / through cfc was WRONG .
The truth deserves to , and must , be revealed .

Absolutely spot on mate. And the guys doing the work are doing Police Scotland's job for them. In their own time and are not asking for a penny. If anyone from polis schotland are looking in, I hope you are proud of yourselves. Just average working class guys doing what you cannot be bothered to look at. Let's hope your kids are not exposed to any animals like this.

Last edited:
I often wonder why so many normal people on FF can delve so deep into the CSA but police or government take a back seat. The "team" have been outstanding in finding the links. Unearthing the crucial information. IMO this goes deeper than the deepest abyss. Politicians. Police officers. Journalists. Sports people. Press people. You name it. All involved. Hence the cover up.

is it possible the "Trophy Centre" itself was also a front to launder cash made from "other" means?

has anyone undertaken a forensic examination of torbett's finances

seems he became a millionaire by selling tacky shit
I would probably use the word probable, not possible!

I think football was a secondary concern of theirs when setting this club up. Like others have said, I'll bet the entire thing was setup to do just what they did.

Last edited:
Back